Ashaway Dynamite 17 Natural Optic Green String 360 Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I stumbled across this string about a year ago. It does have some very positive attributes. I've strung it in a 95 square inch nTour II, AeroPro Drive, and an 100 square inch Yonex. It needs to be strung somewhat like a poly. If you string it like gut, or nylon, it is going to play stiff. I believe I started stringing it in the mid 50s in the nTour and the AeroPro Drive. I've strung it as low as 37 pounds in both also. In cooler temps, the 37 lbs feels pretty good. It gets a little springy as the weather warms up. If you can find the sweet spot on the tension spec, it has decent power, decent spin and decent control. Tension is good for the life of the string. It may fray some, but that has no detrimental effect. The strings do move, a lot and they do not move back. It does not have the power or spin of a poly. If there is a downside, it is durabilty. On average, I'll say you may get 10 hours of hard hitting out of a set. Now if you play once or twice a week, thats re-stringing around once a month. I really think that for most amateur players, this may be the best string out there. Most of you will have to spend some time tuning the tension, but a pleasant string to hit. And other than gut, it is absolutely the best string to work with on the stringing machine.
From: Buster, 6/14

Comments: I'm a 4.5 male and play primarily doubles. This string isn't the highest in durability but it makes up for it by having really good playability. It is softer like gut and has a better springier feel than nylon multis. Ashaway strings are underrated.
From: Rich, 2/14

Comments: I have had this string on my racquet for several months now and they are still in good shape. Unlike the 18g blue version this one seems to be a little more durable than its thinner cousin. I applied the full set, and then a hybrid set up and it seems to last a little longer. However, the feel is not as lively as I would like it than that of the 18g version. It offers ample power but lacks the feel that I need to really drive the ball. I think this string is best utilized on a hybrid set up and not as a full set.
From: Ferdie, 9/12

Comments: I strung this at 48 lbs in a 98 inch racquet. There is good pop and control. Material from zyex is softest material next to gut; ie, 148 lbs per inch compared to 185 for most nylon strings. Really like the multifilament setup of more strands compared to the original Dynamite with fibers in 4 or 5 bundles.The feel is also far superior to old Dynamite. If you don't lower the tension as noted you will have the feeling of poly! This string definitely separates itself from all other nylons which are basically identical in softness and play. I have strung for 50 years and have tried most all.
From: Bob, 4/12

Comments: Awesome the durability is not so good but great string.

Comments: Best string ever!!!! So much power!!!
From: Will, 1/12

Comments: I use this in my mains @ 48 lbs and hybrid it with PSGD 17 crosses @ 52 lbs and love the combination. Great feel, excellent pocketing and great tension maintenance. I'm a flat hitter so durability has not been a problem for me.
From: Charlie. 6/11

Comments: Everything was nice about the string except for the durability.
From: Floyd. 5/11