Kirschbaum Competition 16 660 Reel (1.30) Customer feedback

Comments: I used to play with Babolat Pro Hurricane 16g at 55 pounds and I have to say that it's a very good string. Soft on the arm, strings don't move around and very good durability but tension drops down a lot after a few matches, so I tried Kirschbaums Competition after reading that these strings loose almost no tension. In the last few months I've been droping down tension on my racquets (Wilson Pro Staff 90) so I don't have to do that much effort when hitting the ball and was using 50 pounds when I switched to Competition. The first thing I noticed is that it felt way to tight so I dropped the tension down to 44 pounds. The feeling is absolutely amazing and these strings are definitely an improvement to the ones I used before. Soft on the arm, almost no string movement, excellent control and easy access to spin, and a better feeling in general. Very good string at an affordable price.

Comments: I have been using this as a cross with Babolat Tonic+ natural gut 15g and it is by far the best string set up I've used to date. The gut mains don't stick at all and I'm getting great spin, control, power and feel. The feel is so dampened I can't even use a dampener or it is too dead. Using a full bed of 15g gut I broke my strings in two weeks playing multiple times a week. Now with the hybrid set up I don't see any fraying after over 2 weeks of play. Mainly playing with Pro Staff 90 tension 50/48 lbs. Plays great in my 100 square inch 16x18 Boris Becker NYC too. Seriously this combo is unreal.
From: Marc, 10/14

Comments: Very good string great durability, and spin potential, I recommend it to any player looking for control and feel.
From: George, USA, 03/07