Comments: I have been messing around with this version, the 2008, and the 2012, and they all play the same...GREAT! They are a little more tip stiffness than the original models, so they work better for heavy topspin and the modern game. They also don't go as soft, as fast. Awesome improvement and beautiful cosmetics for such a great "feel" stick!
From: Shard, 10/12
String type and tension: gut/poly hybrid @ 53/50 lbs

Comments: I agree with many of the other comments. I had high expectations for this racquet as I had once played with a Volkl C10 in the late 90's. To me this incarnation just doesn't feel as solid, stable, comfortable, or have the pop/dwell time of the old ones. Although still a comfortable frame, I also noticed the vibrations others speak of. I'll stick to my Yonex.
From: Harry, 8/12
String type and tension: 17g polyester @ 61-63 lbs

Comments: Great stick! Does have an old school feel of sorts with the kevlar but solid and a real standout. Power, control, comfort and maneuverability are all there if you have sound stokes. Superior to the V-Engine 10 Midplus in every way in my experience but to each his own. My guess is that those who fall flat with it and fall back on calling it "nostalgic" or passe have never had much of a game worth being nostalgic about but just my take. Happy hitting.
From: Kirk, 12/11
String type and tension: 15 Gut mains and 16 Lightning crosses, 52 lbs

Comments: I had the "original" version of this stick years ago and found it too whippy for my taste. Others who presently love the original frame seem to complain that the current version is a little stiffer, but I am very happy with that. On paper, this stick is extremely similar to the Head Prestige Pro, but more comfortable by far and with more power. Spin generation is a breeze and it swings like it is a lot lighter than 12 ounces. I have always enjoyed frames that incorporate Kevlar in the fiber mix and this is one of the few still available.
String type and tension: Signum Tornado 1.17 mm, Gosen Synth 1.15 mm

Comments: Frances from Enfield, AZ (4 posts down) pretty much sums up my impression of this latest version of the C10 Pro. Nice cosmetics but this frame (as with the 'black' 2008 C10 model) is flimsier than the original. I've hit with this newer version and I wanted to like it because my C10's are getting long-in-the-tooth and I also like the new streamlined yellow graphics. But after hitting with it, I then picked up my older C10's and the true plow-through-the-ball (with that unmistakable smooth/plush C10 feeling) confirmed that these are two different frames. Enjoy this "new" version in and of itself if you wish, but if you're going to compare it to the original C10, there's less "substance" in these newer versions.
From: Dedans, NY, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 60 lbs.

Comments: A bit harder on the arm that I expected coming from the ProKennex Ki5, the Cadillac of racquet comfort, but after stringing with full natural gut at 60 lbs comfort is not an issue. Note I have a sensitive elbow and shoulder and it was originally strung w/a poly/multi hybrid. Two things make this racquet stand out...return of serve and volleys. It has the enough static weight to feel very solid and a low enough swingweight to get the racquet head in position. It has an open string pattern for spin on groundstrokes. Touch around the net and on lobs are nice as well but really the only reason I switched from my Ki5 is superior volleying; I love going to the net with this racquet.
From: Dave, VA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Natural gut, 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.5/4.0

Comments: This racquet plays perfectly. Great weight but easy maneuvering. One of the easiest racquets on the arm. Strung with gut, it has more power than most soft player frames. Racquets just don't come better. No wonder it's been around for 12 years.
From: Mike J., Sarasota, FL, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: VS 17 , 58

Comments: A comfortable players racquet that provides an excellent balance of control, power, spin and comfort. Although best suited to an accomplished, attacking player it can be used very effectively by a variety of styles and skill levels. Spin is plentiful and shots hit outside of the sweetspot (which isn't as small as some would suggest) are kind of the arm. Being highly mobile it excels at net while also giving players the chance to generate good racquet head speed. While not an inherently powerful racquet it can easily be given a boost through the use of lower tensions (sub 50lbs) and/or a powerful string such as natural gut.
From: Andrew, Brisbane, Qld, Australia. 06/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power, 50lbs
Headsize: 98sq

Comments: Nice new cosmetics but I'm afraid it has lost its bite. I've always played with the C10 in various reincarnations but this one just doesn't cut it anymore. I is almost there but not quite, by which I mean the swing and overall weight. The older ones came in at about 12.5 strung with an leather grip and a swing weight of around 340. This one fails on both fronts. I added tons of lead tape to improve it but then again why buy a racket to make it play and feel like another one. Sorry Volkl but try again.
From: Francis, Enfield, Arizona, U.S.A. 11/09
String type and tension: 17g gamma live wire 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: Took it out for a brief test play. It has a very smooth feel at impact. Power and spin are accessible, but not thrust upon you like other racquets do. I feel like I was getting good depth on my shots. Again, I want to touch upon the feel, I really liked it a lot. It had a hot-knife through cold-butter feel. Slices were incredible as well. Great racquet for a serve/volley player, net rusher or doubles player
From: Michael, Houston, TX, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Demo multifilament @ mid tension

Comments: For some reason, I simply can't use this racquet. Sure if you hit in the (really small) sweetspot, it feels awesome and you can place the ball wherever you want, with all sorts of spin, but anything off-centre feels like it's a $50 el- cheapo racquet. Balance is nice and vibration dampening is very good.
From: Andrew, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. 04/09
String type and tension: Head Rip Control @ 57pounds.

Comments: I'm a baseliner that likes to grind with heavy topspin bombs. I started with Volkl C9s then graduated to the C7 Pro. Alas I only had one C7, which developed a stress fracture from over-stringing (reckless stringer?). I switched to this one, which I found demanded better timing, as off-centre shots seemed to be lower in power compared to the C7. Overall, this stick encourages more creative shot making (the C7 was more one-dimensional), and scythes through the air beautifully. So the C10 it is for me, and hopefully I now have the tools to help me develop a more all-round game, knowing that the C10 will continue to be available to the market, and will not change in spec! By the way, this C10 2008 has exactly the same fantastic cosmetic as the C7 - gloss black and yellow. Nice.
From: Val, Australia. 3/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Tour 16g @ 58lb

Comments: I simply adore this racquet. When I broke a string on my Head Microgel Radical I picked up this Völkl from my friend and I seriously raised my game a whole level. I was consistently hitting the sweetspot and felt like I couldn't miss my shots. It offers a terrific mix of control and power, easy on the arm, stable on the serve. It is by far the best racquet I have ever played with, and I'm so glad it is still being produced. I will save up and buy another one as soon as I can. If you are looking for a control oriented player's racquet you should demo this old classic.
From: Martin, San Francisco, CA, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Synthetic gut, 57 lbs

Comments: My demo with this one confirms that racquets are in fact getting better. I used the V-Engine 10 MP for about 6 months, and it was worlds better than this one. The C10 is less stable, less comfortable, low powered, generally primitive. Time has passed this one by, it is only for nostalgia nuts.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT

Comments: Gotta love this racquet it is the best all court stick ever made! I was exceptionally surprised by the pace I got on my serve with this stick. Graphite rocks and a definite try!
From: Chuck, San Diego, CA, USA, 09/08
String type and tension: Msv focus hex 1.23 at 58lbs

Comments: I have played with a numerous amount of player's frames in my 17 years of playing. I was playing with Donnay Pro One OS and the Yonex RD002 prior to trying the Volkl. The Pro One was quite dead and there were some harsh vibrations being transmitted to the elbow. The RD002 is quite stiff, heavy and harsh on the shoulder when you hit the ball off center. I was looking for flexible and comfortable players racquet so I purchased the C10. The C10 is probably the most comfortable players frame on the market and generates spin quite easy. The swingweight is bit lower than the RD002 making serving a little bit more controlled and the consistency is quite good. On the groundstrokes you need to have good racquet preparation to generate decent power. That is expected with any players racquet that is over 12 ounces. Overall, I am quite happy with the purchase and stay with the C10. Lastly, the frame plays better strung in the middle of the range.
From: Ken, Brooklyn, NY, USA, 06/08
String type and tension: Gosen Micro 17, 56lbs

Comments: Very nice stick. I had played with a ProKennex core1 no.6, which i think is a great stick. I changed to this to get a softer flex, hoping it would help my golfer's elbow. This definitely feels softer on the arm than most rackets. At net the lighter swingweight than the PK stick means that it was a lot more maneuverable at net. I felt it had a massive sweetspot. If you hit it in the center, it's a penetrating volley, hit it off-center and the volley is still respectable. On groundstrokes I feel I can hit the short wide angles shots better because the ball dwells a little longer on the strings. Also easy to generate a lot of spin. For an advanced player's frame it is more powerful than I expected. My serves are more spinny than with the PK though a little less penetrating, I think. I have found it a little harder hitting flat shots with this frame, but I've only played with it a handful of times. Overall like it very much.
From: Nathan, NY. 6/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG2 @56

Comments: This is a terrific stick. I'm an all-courter with a fairly big serve and a good one-handed backhand. For many years, I played with the Sampras Wilson 85 and the Donnay Pro One International mid. I preferred the Donnay all around, but loved hitting forehands with the Wilson. I'll retire them now. This is somewhere between the silky smooth, head light ease of the Donnay and the stiffer feel of the Wilson. It's as good as it gets on volleys, nonetheless. It's very stable at the net. Lots of power in the sweetspot and the head light balance is comparable to the other two, so serving is nice. At first I strung it at 62lbs. but have taken it up to 66 to knock the power down a bit. You can really give the groundies a ride! Players with fast, clean strokes will love this one.
From: Dash, North Hollywood CA, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic 17

Comments: I love this racquet, great control, serves great and most importantly for me it's easy on the arm. I do, however, wish it was made with some options as far as grip shape goes.
From: Robert, NC, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Babolat Tonic Gut 57

Comments: This racquet has great control. Serving is excellent. However, I can't see changing over from my current Vantage racquet, as it still hits slightly better.
From: David, Nevada. 5/08

What Plays Like A Tecnifibre TFight 325 VO2 Max
Volkl Twin Absorber
Volkl Player's Tennis Racquets
Volkl Tennis Racquets
What Plays Like A Volkl Organix 10 (325g)
What Plays Like A Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six One 95