Babolat Xcel 16 String Blue Customer feedback

Comments: Looks great, serves with good pop but I found it to be too stiff. Felt much stiffer than NRG 17 and also XCel 17 Power crosses/Head Sonic mains. Going back to gut on my aging arm.

Comments: This is my favorite string. I prefer it over NXT, to me it produces a much crisper shot, but yet it is extremely soft on the arm. I hit hard, semi western forehand, full backhand grip and hit tons of spin. This string is super soft on my arm and shoulder, and I can play longer with this string than any other without feeling any pain. I find that the serves have good pop also. I play it on 16 gauge for durability, so you do have to work to get spin out of it. It is not a string that is super spin friendly like Alu power or Alu rough.
From: Eduardod, Parkland, FL. 3/09

Comments: I liked the older formula of the XCel Premium better. The newer, more durable version is less lively and powerful. When the string gets older, it feels particularly dead. I just tried the XCel Power and so far I like it. It's significantly more powerful, but I should be able to adjust.
From: Cardinal, Mountain View, CA, U.S.A. 1/09

Comments: If you play with this string, be sure to play it with a stiff main like polyester. The string is extremely soft and the ball will fly on you if you use this on the entire string bed. Good choice for a cross string and poly main hybrid. One of the softest strings I have ever tried.
From: Albert, USA. 11/08

Comments: I was using Babolat Hurricane Pro on my Aeropro and the ball used to fly everywhere..no control at all..after that I switched to these and mammaaa miaaa... it's got beautiful control and very soft feel.. you just have to generate your own power but I don't mind that as long as I'm getting control..have played for about 20 hrs so far and they are still going strong! :) good job, Babolat!
From: nikhil, atlanta, ga. 11/08

Comments: Great string! It feels great from the get go. I have noticed that it tends to notch, however. I would still recommend it.
From: Aaron, Montana. 9/08

Comments:Comfortable and predictable string. I have tried a few strings including Gamma Professional/Live Wire XP/Prodigy, Wilson NXT/NXT tour. Live Wire XP very similar but Excel Premium the most stable when hitting hard and swing out. Durability fine. Great string for people with wrist/elbow/shoulder injuries. A worthwhile string to try if you're looking for a comfortable/good control string.
From: Jackson, Sydney, Australia, 09/08

Comments: Extremely comfortable and powerful but they least durable strings I have ever used. I broke the strings the first week I had them. NOT recommended.
From: Alexander, Jackson, Mississippi, USA, 08/08

Comments: The string is very predictable so I didn't feel any adjustment period was necessary. I get good control with spin or flat strokes. I wouldn't say it is lively or crisp, but more quiet and comfortable. I can swing out and feel confident with it. I tried this string after playing with gut for the last two years to save money. My game hasn't suffered from the switch, just different feel here. I recommend it to synthetic gut users wanting a little more feel and comfort.

Comments: These strings are extremely soft and durable. They live up to the billing. I found a great amount of control with them. Excellent string, highly recommended.
From: Nyemike, Dallas, TX, USA, 07/08

Comments: I restring my racket three times a day, and I use this every time on my crosses. I use Hurricane on my mains. I love this string, It is very soft and feels great when you hit with it.
From: Jay, Eagle, ID, USA. 7/08

Comments: This stuff's so soft it's like playing with Jell-O that hasn't even hardened yet...you know like mayonnaise, good control, no power.

Comments: This is a really good one. I use it with my AeroPro Drive racquet, 58 lbs. It's really soft and smooth, easy to control and has fair amount of power. It's one of the best strings I've ever used.
From: Mo. 4/08

Comments: Very nice comfortable string, great control however lacked power but recommended
From: Rob, New Zealand, 10/07