Babolat Xcel Power 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: I was looking for power and comfort to play with my PDR 2012. It was love as soon as I hit the first ball with these strings. It's awesome. It feels amazing to bomb away on my serves and forehand.
From: Andreas, 10/12

Comments: It has a nice feel, but the durability was poor. I popped it in a hybrid (using it on the crosses) in about 2 and a half hours.
From: Simon, 10/12

Comments: Just got these strings and they feel great! Lots of power, spin and control. (On a Pure Drive GT).

Comments: It has good power, not as good control, moves around on the string bed a lot, and average tension maintenance.
From: Patrick, 7/12

Comments: The first strings I ever put on my Babolat Pure Drive GT were Babolat XCel 16 gauge 58lb. The Babolat XCel are my favorite strings for the feel and they had good durability for a multifilament string. After those, I decided to try the Babolat XCel Power, it still had good feel but was stiffer and crisper. These strings have quite a bit more pop and seemed to have less tension durability than regular XCel. Overall, I prefer the normal XCel but if you are looking for more power these are great alternative.
From: Neil, 7/11

Comments: This string feels good and I think it feels more powerful than Xcel Premium. Awesome string.
From: Natesh, Hyderabad, AP, India, 01/11

Comments: I use this on my Babolat Aero Pro Drive Cortex and let me tell you, it is the best string I've ever used. It has a lot of power and lots of spin. The comfort is amazing, you don't even feel the ball hit your racquet.
From: Ben, Carthage, Missouri. 7/10
String: Babolat Xcel Power 17 Mains, 16 on crosses. @ 62 pounds main, 58 crosses

Comments: Interesting string. Starts out with pretty good pop and feel (not spin, though), lasts pretty long too (slower notching than many other strings), but then feel and power start disappearing after a half dozen hours of play or so.
From: Phil, Montreal, Canada. 06/10

Comments: Nice feel, spin, and control. not as much power as the name would suggest. I liked these better than Volkl Powerfibre, mainly because of the feel.
From: Brandon, Sacramento, CA, USA. 06/10

Comments: Great string exactly does what it says it does. A lot of power and control and decent spin.

Comments: I just got these strings put in my head Youtek speed pro and after about a week these strings broke now I am not always focused on the performance of my string but these are very nice but they are not durable at all at least not for my playing style.
From: Kris Thomas, Louisville, Ky, United States 09/09

Comments: Have had these in for 2 weeks now and have lost almost all control I used to have. I have no idea what the issue is. The feel great - nice and soft, but the same technique either launches the ball or drops it into the net. I wouldn't try these again.
From: James, Germany. 8/09

Comments: This string feels good for the first few times, but then starts to lose feel, which is especially bad given that it has quite some pop. Bring back the old Xcel Premium please!
From: Cardinal, Mountain View, CA, U.S.A. 06/09

Comments: The best string I have ever used with power and control.
From: Ben, San Diego, USA. 06/09

Comments: I have just converted from the Wilson NXT because the Xcel Power feels more crisp and more powerful - and is still nice and easy on the arm. I think it is also more solid against a powerful incoming ball whereas the NXT seems to distort a little at contact.
From: Simon, UK. 2/09

Comments: I just tried these strings and so far I like them. They are significantly more powerful than XCel Premium, but I think I can adjust.
From: Cardinal, Mountain View, CA, U.S.A. 1/09

Comments: Horrible string. I am a big serve, big forehand player. These strings gave me no power and very little control.
From: Harrision, Knoxville. TN. USA. 12/08

Comments: I just upgraded to these from the Xcel Premium. I love the added power. I use PHT on the mains and wanted a bit more pop so I got these. As Anon from MN said, they are soft enough to not cause pain, but stiff enough to give you that added pop. I have them at 60 Lbs and even though they're at a tight tension I still get a lot of life from the stringbed. Awesome string.
From: David, CA, USA, 09/08

Comments: I used these strings in crosses with PHT in the mains. I used to use PHT in everything this hybrid so much better easier on the arm, no loss of spin and I have a much easier time hitting flat.
From: Matt, NJ, USA, 06/08

Comments: Great string, but they just don't last that long, only 3 weeks for me.
From: Ian. 5/08

Comments: These strings have Extreme Power and has a normal control, I suggest that if you play power tennis stick with these.
From: David, BC, Canada, 04/08

Comments: If you want something a little more stiff/crisp than some of the softer multis like Wilson NXT or Babolat XCel, then this may be what you need. It is soft, but not real soft, so it has a nice crisp feel and response. I noticed good power from the strings, more than my usual set-up. I think the control was fine as well.
From: Anon, MN, USA. 1/08

Comments: These are the best strings I have ever used. I am a 5.0 player, and these have more power and pop than the regular XCel.
From: Frank, Honolulu. 11/07

Comments: Way too much power for me. I went from the Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour strung at 58 to these at 62 lbs on a Babolat AeroPro Drive, and they have way too much power. Unless you have a lot of topspin and don't mind your strings moving a lot, I wouldn't recommend these.

Babolat Xcel Power 16 String - Where to go from here