Babolat RPM Blast 16 330 String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: Amazing spin and control, however not very durable in the 16 gauge. I get maybe 2 weeks at the most.
From: Duncan, 8/14

Comments: I first tried this string this past summer in my Wilson Juice Pro. It took me about an hour to break this string in and get used to the feel. Before this break in period, it felt very stiff and launched way out of the court. Once I got used to it I found that it wasn't actually that stiff and I started taking big cuts at the ball and let me tell you this, it transforms your game. I hadn't felt so confident on the court in my life. It actually felt more comfortable the more I used it for about the first month, but it will quickly taper off from there. The string gets its rep from the quick snap back, so if you lose tension, it won't do it's job and won't be all that special anymore. Keep it fresh and you'll be happy. Your ball will naturally launch higher over the net with this string because of the spin, so you will have to get used to it.
From: Kyle, 1/14

Comments: This is a really good string. I got it strung on my Babolat Aero Pro Drive and it felt really good. It added a lot more spin and power to my game. I used to use the Babolat Addiction but I tried this out because a lot of people I know use it. It's a really good string, I'd give it a 10/10 and I'm sure Rafa would tell you the same.
From: Hank, 12/13

Comments: I finally was able to try this on my 2013 Aeropro Drive GT using the RPM Blast 16 for the mains and N.VY 16 both at 62lbs. What a great combination -- I'm kicking myself for why I waited so long. This had great pop on the ball, awesome combo on power and spin. This will be my primary set-up.
From: Ray, 8/13

Comments: I am a 4.0 player with a one-handed backhand and semi-western forehand. This is a great string for spin but it is painfully stiff. I used it in a Wilson Juice 100 at 50 lbs and got bicep tendonitis within two weeks. A great string for performance but I greatly reccomend hybryding it with something soft like Wilson Natural Gut or NXT.
From: Dean, 8/13

Comments: I got my Wilson Juice 100 strung with this at 53 lbs. I've hit with it a few times and it's still stiff. I hope it becomes less stiff as I hit with it, because if it wasn't so stiff, it would be an amazing string!
From: Sam, 5/13

Comments: Strung on a Babolat Pure Drive at 53 lbs in the mains with Toalson synthetic gut at 55 lbs in the crosses. The combination has a lot of feel and the auto-snapback eliminates the constant warping issue of using synthetic gut. The string has a very distant "ting" sound though.
From: Danny, 5/13

Comments: Personally being a heavy spin hitter, I decided to give RPM Blast a try. When I first hit it after playing with Luxilon ALU Power string I found I was getting a load of spin off my forehand and backhand sides. The power was good, could of been better, control and accuracy was very good especially in my Pure Storm Tours. Also out of curiosity, I decided to try it in a hybrid combo and it felt really good in that too. Overall a 9 out of 10, a bit more power and it would be an amazing string

Comments: I like this string. The RPM Blast is a soft poly with good power and decent spin, but is lower contruction quality in comparison with this 3 high end German strings: 1) Pacific Poly Force Xtreme, 2) Kirschbaum Pro Line II and 3) Signum Pro Plasma Hex. These 3 strings offer more spin, power and tension stability than RPM Blast. RPM is a good string, but if you have the chance of try the other 3 strings models you will notice the difference.
From: Jean, 3/13

Comments: By far the best string on the market! It adds spin to everything, kick serves, slices heavy topspin forehands etc. It is also surprisingly soft and easy to control. By far the best you can buy.

Comments: Just wow, I absolutely loved the string. They are absolutely awesome in all aspects. I was breaking strings every week and it was getting extremely expensive, so I figured I would try these. These give you so much topspin and control. These strings take a day or two to get used to, but when you get do they are absolutely awesome. I am able to get so much kick on my serve. Before I was using some Prince synthetic guts and they just snapped after 4 days. I was getting kick up to about the shoulder if you were standing on the baseline, but now I am able to kick up almost over someone's head. The durability is awesome. I've had these strings on for almost a whole month. There is one major flaw though, they tend to lose a lot of tension in the first week and they just continue dropping, But in all other aspects these are the best strings that I've ever used. These strings just give you so much for the price.

Comments: This is a terrific spin generator, and I mean some serious RPM increase. You absolutely need to try this string if you have good form, technique, and a full swing. If you don't then stay away from it to avoid elbow problems because it is too stiff for beginners to intermediate. Before you choose your tension consider the stiffness of your racquet; the stiffer your racquet the lower the string tension should be (in the racquet's recommended range). For most 100 sq. inch pro racquets out there, you'll get the best performance in the low 50s. In my opinion, those who strung this RPM Blast 16g at 58+ don't know what they're doing and are practically playing with plywood. This string doesn't offer much control for volleys and drop shots. So if that's your style of play, you may want to cross it with a softer gut or synthetic gut for that purpose (in the hybrid combo, put RPM Blast in the mains)
From: Vic, 10/12

Comments: I've been reading the likes and dislikes on here, and I must say I fall into the likes column of users. I just tried these out last night for 3 hours and loved them my ground strokes. I used a full bed at 53lbs. It had great feel and my hitting partner said he could really hear the spin come off the ball. I'm trying out the 17g this weekend and will leave my feedback. 16g is perfectly fine with me! Previously played the Black Widow 17g and really like that as well for comparison. The feel factor goes to RPM. The string was on an AeroPro Drive GT. If the RPM 17g gives me more bite then I'm sold.
From: Alan, 9/12

Comments: I love these strings! With all the great topspin I get from them, I feel like I've won so many matches because of these strings.

Comments: When I bought my Babolat Storm GT, I strung it with this string. I have read some good reviews about it. At first it felt nice. After a month or so, my string broke and I tried Babolat Addiction. The Addiction gave me a really nice feeling and it was really soft on my arms, but the string didn't have a good durability. A month later I played again with the RPM Blast. I really love the feeling when the ball is hitting the strings. The spin is great and I don't have moving strings in my racquet. It gave me less of a trampoline effect than the Addiction. For me, this is the string I have liked the most of the strings I have played with.
From: Danny, 8/12

Comments: I strung this on my Wilson BLX Blade 98, and while it supplied the spin its so famous for producing, it is extremely tough on the arm. I play 5 days a week and I just stopped playing tennis to rest for a week due to my right arm being so sore. I would recommend getting this string and pairing it up with some natural gut or a multifilament.

Comments: This string is great. It gives a lot of spin when I need it, and a lot of power when I want to. And when I have to, both. The strings give a nice serve with power. If you don't play well with it first, it will be okay, you just need to get used to it. The only bad thing is it isn't long lasting. Once you string it, the "specialness" will wear off in 2-3 weeks, whether you play or not.
From: Vis, 8/12

Comments: This string is amazing for the first few days. It gives so much power, spin, and control. I can rip a powerful one handed backhand and it goes in or on the line. However, those are the results for the first few days. After that, the strings become kind of dead. There's still some power and spin left in the strings but it sometimes gets harder to control. You need to be somewhat close to pro level in order to use this string.
From: Davis, 8/12

Comments: This is easily one of the best strings on the market within the first week of play. After, the tension settles around 45 to 46 regardless of the tension you start with. For a string that sells for about 17 dollars per stringing, or a reel which would set you back $225, it might not be worth it. But if you have money up the wazoo and want a string that will allow big cuts with control then RPM is for you.
From: Jason, 7/12

Comments: Good string, tons of topspin, power, and has a nice feel to it. My only problem is that they DON'T last very long. They drop tension after a few days of good hitting and at 1 week later I pop them. I wouldn't really recommend it but try it if you think I'm wrong.
From: RR, 6/12

Comments: I bought this string with high anticipation, only to be disappointed. I strung this at 58 lbs on my Head Youtek IG Speed MP 300 and it didn't feel too bad... For the first 4-5 hours of play. After that, the string had already died and lost all it's spin potential and it was left with nothing to offer. I will not be trying this string again, the price is too high for such horrible playability.
From: Ian, 6/12

Comments: It's a good string, but I compare this to Babolat Pro Hurricane, and there's not much difference (for me). Pro Hurricane is good enough for me at a lower price because I already supplement plenty of spin, but could use a tad more power (most of my strokes land near the service line or in no man's land, not near baseline where I want it). If you need spin but not that much power, go for Babolat RPM Blast. If you need power and durability (Pro Hurricane is really durable, one of the most durable I've hit with; it's survived my high school tennis season in full), go for Pro Hurricane. Let me say again: this is a good string for those who need spin, lots of it.
From: Fred, 5/12

Comments: I have a full western grip. These strings help put tons of spin on the ball, especially top spin. When I hit the ball most of the time the ball jumps up to the other guy's shoulder. Also, when I want, I can flatten out my shots with pace. A great string best for spin and power. Also, do note that these strings are very durable, so you may want to get new strings even if they have not broken yet after 5 months or so.

Comments: I've been playing with Blast for about 8 months now normally tensioned at 58 lbs. I've used it on a Prince Black and a Babolat Pure Drive 2012. When I first played with it the racquet felt really boardy and stiffer than normal. After getting used to the string it played with tons of spin. The black string looks awesome too. Bit expensive though.
From: Sam, 3/12

Comments: I strung the Babolat RPM Blast at 58 lbs and when I first tried it, boy was it great! My forehand had much more spin and my serves had more top spin when I needed it. Problem is though, these strings drop tension pretty quick. It's already been about a week and I feel a difference in the tension. There's a somewhat mushy feeling and there's always this "ping" noise whenever I hit. This string also helped on slices!
From: Lee, 12/11

Comments: The best string out there, gives you an incredible control and a crispy feel with a soft string on the crosses.
From: Max, 11/11

Comments: I was all gun-ho about trying these strings after seeing the results other players were getting. I have strung my Babolat Pure Drive GT racquets with RPM in the mains at least 6 times, with a softer Leonia 66 or Goosen Micro 16 for the crosses. There were periods were the strings felt incredible and got lots of great results. But every time, the tension dropped after a few weeks and became more trampoline like and lost the punch. I kept stringing it tighter and tighter, from 59 lbs to now up to 64 lbs, to find that good drop down tension. Unfortunately, I am a bit disappointed about the lack of consistency of the tension and found myself cutting out the strings after about 6 weeks. It is a bit frustrating for the price of the string.

Comments: I did not think anyone could make a better string than the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power and Babolat did. I love the combo of feel and power. I was starting to lose my edge against the guy I routinely play, but since switching to Babolat RPM Blast, he can't get back in the win column. I highly recommended.
From: Blake, 10/11

Comments: I find these strings to be somewhat decent. These strings were a little to much on the power side. These strings have sort of a mushy feel. Babolat RPM Blast is similar to Pro Hurricane Tour, only Pro Hurricane Tour is more crisp with more ball bite.
From: Peter, 9/11

Comments: This string is probably the best polyester string in the market but like most polyester strings it is extremely harsh on the arm. Even if you have long developed stroke and impeccable technique, this string will hurt. However, coupled with a natural gut or synthetic gut string, one feels no pain and gets added control. Note: Only recommended to those with good technique.

Comments: I recently strung my three Babolat AeroPro GT racquets with Babolat RPM Blast. I do like the feeling and the spin you can generate with it. However, I did notice the strings have a "ping" sound on every one. The feeling also varies in all three racquets, but what bothers me the most is the "ping" sound.
From: Mario, 9/11

Comments: These are incredible strings! I already hit with a lot of topspin but now I hit with more topspin but with added pop to all my strokes especially my groundstrokes! I'm beating comfortably players I used to sometimes struggle against. Plus, they don't move and they last quite a while and that's coming from one who breaks strings quite a bit. Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour + RPM 16 = winning combo! Get them! Definitely worth the extra bucks!
From: QD, 8/11

Comments: I am a topspin player and I strung this string on my three Babolat Aero Pro Drive GTs at 52 Lbs and ... GREAT. Very good spin, ball pocketing, power, control and feel and my slice was very good. At baseline and at net I could do a good job and on my serve too. I recommend this string.
From: Nacho. 8/11

Comments: I have it strung at 61 on both my Wilson BLX 6.1 Tours. It gives a lot of control to stronger players who hit with power. It's softer than Luxilon which makes serving more comfortable. Lasts a month before the tension loss is noticeable.
From: Kevin, 8/11

Comments: When using this string it has great power and spin. It's spin capability can help return hard to reach balls back into the court. Durability is okay. First time using it the strings lasted only 3-4 weeks. Think it has something to do with the way I struck the ball because when I flattened my shots a teeny bit it has not broken on me. Overall I liked it.
From: Andy, 8/11

Comments: For what this string slightly lacks in power, it makes up for with massive topspin. It was hard to find my groundstrokes with this racquet at first but since I've adjusted to the spin I can hit pretty much anywhere on the court if I see the shot open up. This string is very accurate since it has so much spin and I feel I have more control with it as well. If you are worried about lack of depth, then maybe try and string them a little looser on your racquet but for those who like to play controlled percentage tennis then these strings are great for you.

Comments: I really enjoyed using this string. I got a lot of spin with it and good depth. It has also been very durable.
From: Erin, 7/11

Comments: First of all, a lot of these poly strings are the same; super stiff with lots of spin and power. I am 13 and my shoulder hurts from the stiffness in the strings, but they have nice spin for all of you baseliners.
From: Andrew. 07/11

Comments: Excellent string. It has great access to power, with lots of spin. I use it with my Babolat Pure Drive GT and it is awesome.
From: Anonymous. 7/11

Comments: Great at the start on my APDC but after a couple of weeks there was a huge loss of tension and I was disappointed. It also felt a bit stiff and I had problems getting depth on my shots.
From: Daniel. 6/11

Comments: This string is an excellent string for hard hitters since the octagonal design adds an immense amount of spin to the ball. Down side is that it is very stiff, not recommended for those who have arm trouble like me. I use XCel 16 mains and RPM 18 in the crosses in my Babolat Pure Storm Gt at 60 lbs excellent feel good on my arm and surprisingly it lasts for several weeks.
From: Ian. 7/11

Comments: I had been using Babolat Addiction for quite a while but was disappointed with its durability. I wanted to find a string with more durability but with similar playability traits. Shortly after switching to RPM Blast, I started getting extreme tennis elbow. Even though I dropped my tension down by 4 lbs to try to compensate for the change from multi to poly, the string was still way too firm for me.
From: Kevin. 6/11

Comments: I absolutely love this string. It really puts more topspin on my shots when compared to a gut-poly hybrid. The thing that I really love about it is that it has so much give and you can feel the ball pocket if you hit it right. If you have a good swing and racquet head speed it has lots of power too. The bad part is that it does not hold tension very well. I wish I could afford to get my racquet restrung every week since the tension drops pretty fast and there is world of difference between a freshly/tightly strung racquet with RPM and one that is loose by 5-7 lbs. Also the arm and shoulder do get somewhat sore if a play more than 2-3 hours a day. I need to buy a stringing machine!!
From: Steve. 6/11

Comments: I strung RPM at 54 lbs on my Pure Storm Tour and I am very disappointed. This string is stiff! I couldn't even serve three times in row because it hurt. I guess I'll cut it off and re-string with Babolat Revenge as it is a softer string or maybe Polyfibre Black Venom. I'm so upset I wasted almost 17 bucks on this wire fence.
From: Jose. 6/11

Comments: This is a great string. Thesestrings are great for generating topspin. Oh, and no the string isn't perfect, but it is great for people who like to generate their own power.
From: Allen. 6/11

Comments: For those players who seem to have trouble generating spin or even hitting flat shots, I hit with a Prince EXO3 Rebel and I string this at 57lbs and my playing has become so much more controlled and better. Love this string.
From: Wesley. 6/11

Comments: This string really helps my performance. It provides excellent spin and power. This string reminds me of the feeling of a forehand in table-tennis, full of topspin and predictable curve. I confidently hit the ball as hard as possible and know that it will land right at the baseline. This string is much better than my previous ones, Luxilon Alu Power (main) and Wilson Sensation (cross). I am playing with Wilson 6.1 BLX 95, tension @57 lbs. Thanks, Babolat!
From: Lam. 5/11

Comments: I started using a full bed of this string strung at 58 pounds a couple months back and it felt great. It lasted a good amount of time without losing any tension, even when I played a BJLI match every week with a team session and a lesson group. It gave me great spin and nice control but was rather difficult to use unless I took a great cut at the ball. After doing that for 4 months I moved into a college level lesson group and went into a slump, in which I broke my racket strings. I went back to using the Gamma Tour 340X Team with Prince Synthetic Gut for about a couple weeks and had a total overhaul on my stroke in which I removed half of the cut and actually drove the ball. When I switched back and amped up the tension to a good 60 pounds, I continued to drive the ball and this string only lasted a good 3 hours. Then it suddenly went dead and was unplayable for the rest of the week. Great string overall, I loved the brief time I spent with this on my AeroStorm Tour, great pop, bite, feel. It was in all the right places, just not for me. A great edge for the cutter.
From: Yang. 5/11

Comments: I've been using these strings for about 2 months now. I strung them as the crosses with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Spin @ 55 lbs on an AeroPro Drive and they have impressed me a lot. I'm a college player and I play 5-7 times a week about 3 hours each session. I wasn't initially impressed with the RPM Blast but 2 months later, it's my favorite string I've ever used. I'm playing the best tennis of my life. I play a serve and volley game with a huge kick serve and hit a heavy topspin forehand.
From: Clayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. 4/11

Comments: I for sure didn't like them. There was way too much power, and no noticeable increase in topspin.
From: Sam, WI, USA. 4/11

Comments: I have been using this string ever since it came out. I play 2 to 3 times per week. I am a hard hitter with lots of topspin and have monster serves. I tried Volkl Cyclone because Chris from TW recommended it. I was in absolute shock how much better it was than my beloved RPM Blast. WOW. So much more grip and it really does pocket the ball so much better than rpm does. Also has more power, which I was looking for on my serves. It delivers! It's half the cost of RPM Blast too! Get it..you will love it! 52lbs..on my Volkl Powerbridge 10 mid
From: Mike, IL, USA, 03/11
4.0 player

Comments: I am a high school student on the Varsity Tennis team and this is my very first Babolat sting I have used ever. This string increased my topspin and my serve got a lot faster. When I didn't have these strings my mom's boyfriend always beat me. But when I got the RPM Blast I beat him in a pro set 8-3.
From: Spencer, Dacula, GA, USA, 02/11

Comments: I really like this string for the insane amount of spin it offers. I've nick-named it the cheater string. I've been using a PHT and VS hybrid for quite a while and these Blast strings are much better for spin. I do have a couple complaints though. First they break very quickly. Almost as quickly as straight gut. Second they aren't as forgiving when making an off center shot. They seem to lose a lot of feel and pop. I really like these strings but if they only last a couple weeks then I'll probably have to go back to my old hybrid setup.
From: Jeff, Houston, TX, USA, 10/10
NTRP rating: 4.5

Comments: These strings are amazing, when I bought my aeropro drive gt, I decided to string my new racquet with the rmp blast 16g at 55lb tension and playing with this set up has now allowed me to get so much spin. First you have to get used to the ball dipping quickly like heavy topspin shots do. My approach shots have such a quick now since I use a western grip for forehand approach shots and my baseline forehand shots is semi western grip and I am able to get it a lot deeper without worrying about the ball flying out since the strings produce great amount of spin with minimal effort. My backhands were a weakness before but because of these strings I am able to produce good amount of spin while using an eastern two handed backhand grip so that I can hit deep to the baseline. Volleys are a lot easier and I am able to produce great drop shots and shanks. Also for slice, not my best shot but when I hit the slice right, I am able to get perfect slices. Very good string and I recommend getting these. For me personally I recommend 55lb tension because you are going to need power to hit the ball deep since the balls tend to spin a lot.
From: Jonathan, Seattle, WA, USA, 01/11

Comments: Honestly, this string provides incredible spin to my game. All my strokes, including my serve, increases dramatically. However, it feels as though I'm playing with a poly string and it tends to feel really stiff and dead when I hit the ball. Unlike synthetic gut, the RPM feels lifeless when the ball is hit. I guess it's a sacrifice that must be made for the availability of spin that comes from this string. Must Try!!!
From: Justin, San Jose, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: It's a great string for the first few days on playing, then it loses feel and grip for some reason. I now use it in a hybrid set up with RPM in the cross and gut in the mains and even after a few weeks of playing it is still amazing. I tried RPM in the mains and like Jack H stated, it definitely lost its feel after a week or so, which was strange. I wanted a little more power and ended up snapping my gut after 2-2.5 weeks. Over all I continue to experiment with RPM and will continue to use it.
From: Paris, Reno, NV, USA, 11/10

Comments: This is the best string I tried so far, I'm a 3.0 player and have thin frame. RPM blast compensates my lack of power and now, I never hesitate to hit the ball hard because the spin is awesome.
From: Kim, Manila, Philippines, 11/10

Comments: THESE ARE THE BEST!!! The spin is tremendous, making accuracy easy. I could now win straight sets because of these.
From: Ryan, 11/10

Comments: Although it has got a lot of spin, I could really feel the pain in my elbow.
From: John, California, USA. 10/10

Comments: Overall, a very good string. As we all know polyester is a very hard stiff string but compared to most poly strings this one is much softer on your arm. Amazingly it also has good tension maintenance. Me being a frequent string breaker, hybrid string beds sky rocket above my budget. However this poly string is soft on my arm and does not require a gut string in the cross to soften it up. And how could I forget spin!? Me being a baseline grinder who rarely comes to the net it provides me superior spin almost as if the ball hit a wall at the last second and drops in front of the baseline. My favorite string over Babolat's Pro Hurricane Tour, which I had used for many years, this string out performs it by miles and I plan on using this string for many years to come.
From: Jack, NE, USA, 10/10

Comments: Just to clear up any controversy: In general, I think most people will agree that stiffer strings will produce more spin, so it is the case (imo at least) that Luxilon - Rough, ALU, and Original may produce more spin depending on how you hit the ball and make contact. The difference with the RPM Blast is that it has more of a trampoline or slingshot action where the string stretches more and may hold the ball longer. This may translate to more spin, or not, depending on how well you 'grab' the ball at contact and direct the energy. It is definitely a different and weird feeling at first since the pressure from ball contact (or dwell time is longer) so you have to keep the racquet stable longer and keep the pressure applied longer (still a split second). This may translate to better feel, touch shots, and *DEFINITELY MORE COMFORT* which may be its greatest value. Not as comfortable, or as much feel as gut, but gut does not provide the spin of a poly. May not be suitable for flat hitters.
From: Nori, NY, USA, 10/10

Comments: I'm not sure about the complaints for this string - my only guess is that they are from people who play with a Semi-Western Forehand and don't swing through the ball. With a WF, I've never hit a ball long -- it always drops in (unless I don't complete my swing). Compared to PHT (my former string) this string feels softer, has a lot more bite (especially on slices) and is much better at blocking back serves (one of the weakness of PHT I always felt). I strung it at 60 and have not had problems with losing tension. At first, I lost some power on my serve, but then I realized it was because PHT, and especially Luxilon (my other former string) were letting me get away with poor form. RPM demands proper form, and a loose, full swing, proper body rotation on serve, etc. Once you get that, you're laughing.
From: Jeremy, Toronto, Canada, 10/10
NTRP Rating: (4 - 4.5, PDR GT, WF, OHB)

Comments: This is a good string. I love the look of black strings and the fact that they do not move, provide good power and are comfortable for a poly make them a great buy. I have tried several different popular polys and can't say that any of the others stands out over this string. Try it.
From: Tom, Vegas, 09/10

Comments: I just purchased the Nadal racquet- Aero Pro Drive and had TW put RPM Blast on the racquet at 54 lbs. Great string but I have to hit with all my strength just to get the ball deep into my opponents court otherwise it drops short every time. After four games, I was worn out and I could feel my arm starting to hurt. I did not notice more spin at all. I will probably switch back to my original string -Wilson's Champions Choice that has monster spin, control and feel. You can't go wrong. No wonder why all the pros use this combo!
From: Carl, CA. 09/10

Comments: I must admit that this string produces a lot of spin and is very durable. However, it's very stiff, takes away power and doesn't provide as much feel as I'd like. I string my Microgel Extreme at 58# and now I have tennis elbow and my arm feels like it's going to fall off. I'm trying this at a lower tension (56#) just because I really love the spin, but I probably won't be switching to these permanently. I'm going back to my Wilson Hyperspin hybrid.
From: Jamesat23, Seattle, WA USA. 8/10

Comments: I'm a college player. Take the advice I'm about to give you because I've tried just about every poly you can think of. These strings are not worth $16.95. They play great the first 3-4 hours, but after 4 hours, you can feel the stringbed getting much softer and the tension drops significantly. I had to cut it out because I was launching balls way past the baseline unlike a few hours before using it. Don't waste the money, unless you have money like Nadal and can afford to keep restringing this stuff. Why do you think he changes racquets a few games earlier than he used to? Take my advice before you wast 16.96 plus shipping or 17 bucks and some change in stores.
From: Jay, USA. 8/10

Comments: I decided to try this string after playing with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power for the last 6 years. After about 4 sessions I was ready to abandon it. I felt like I lost some power on my serve, especially my second and just didn't have as much confidence in my groundies. Then I got some advice from friend that you have to be willing to really hit through your shots. I played one more match with them just going for my shots and really started to like these strings. I'm not 100% sure they are better than Luxilon but they do feel a bit more forgiving if you have an aggressive swing.
From: Seann, FL, USA, 08/10

Comments: The first time I tried this string, I was overwhelmed by the spin of this racquet, and also the power. There was plenty of spin, when I wanted to, and plenty of power when I wanted to tee-off. But, it takes a long time to get used to, but, going into the tournament tomorrow, I am happy to know, that I will do really well. Also, this string is arm friendly, even strung at 60, so, I'm definitely happy!
From: Siggy, Australia. 7/10

Comments: So far this is the only poly that hasn't ended up killing my arm after 3 weeks. I love the access to spin as well as the crisp pop off the string bed.
From: Billy, Mission Viejo, Ca, USA. 7/10

Comments: I love everything about this string, it's stiff, generates spin, has power, and it just feels good. I highly recommend this string to anyone.
From: Thomas, Louisville, Ky, USA. 7/10

Comments: I was very disappointed with this string. I hit with a heavy topspin forehand, slice backhand and a slice serve. None of my shots improved. I found that I had to come under the ball and really over hit my forehand with extra spin to keep the ball in the court, my normal strokes sent the ball 10 feet long every time. My slice backhand was ok, no real difference. My serve was similar to my forehand, I really had to snap my wrist harder than usual to bring the ball down into the court. I strung this with VS Gut. I grabbed an old racquet with VS Gut/Luxilon Rough and starting ripping winners right away without having to overhit. I feel the Luxilon rough is a better choice - easier on your arm, better spin and control.
From: CJ, DFW, TX. 7/10

Comments: Played RPM Blast for the first time today as a hybrid with VS Gut in the crosses (replacing a PHT/VS Gut hybrid at the same tensions). Definitely has a softer feel than PHT, balls seem to hold on the strings a bit longer, and noticeably easier on my elbow. Definitely more spin than PHT, but not a huge amount more. Also had more success flattening out forehands with this string and generating more pace in the process. I'm very happy with the change, I'll be changing my remaining racquets over soon.
From: Mike, Cedar Park, TX, USA. 07/10

Comments: These strings are awesome! I just got them put on my racquet today and gave them a hit. The topspin is just nasty! It's super easy to hit deep into the court. Even balls that looked like they were gonna sail would drop right inside the baseline. I've never use a string this forgiving! A lot of people here are saying don't believe the hype... well I'm saying believe it! fantastic string, great job Babolat!
From: DJ, Ocean Springs, MS, USA. 6/10

Comments: Great string! wow! I played with Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power for a year so I tried this and it blows Luxilon away by far!! It seems like many pros are switching to this! Has more power and doesn't hurt your arm like Luxilon can. Very impressed, great control, the spin is the same as Luxilon. If you're looking for a full poly that's soft..this is the one to get. It's a little over priced, though. I'll never use Luxilon again.
From: Mark, Chicago, IL. 6/10

Comments: I really liked Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16, so decided to give this one a try, I am not too sure if I like it, I did not come down on tension as much, only 2 points instead of 4, I don't think that makes much difference, but I actually have a hard time keeping the ball in the court from the baseline, as well as I dump a lot more volleys into the net. What i heard from stringing pro's about these strings is that you have to be ready to accelerate through the ball like Nadal to generate huge spin, so I think this is the case of picking up too advanced product for me like Federer's racquet and expecting same results. Maybe this is good string for more advanced players than me. I am 3.5 USTA with big top-spin forehand that wins me a lot of matches, so I try to get something that will help me to hit it.
From: Anon, Atlanta, GA, USA. 6/10

Comments: I would really only recommend this string for people who REALLY use a lot of spin, and like a large margin for error. For people who use more pace than spin; everything seems to go long, but for people who love the spin its a great string. Good serves and volleys, but I can't handle the power and spin as I use a lot of power and less spin. But overall its a good string for sure.
From: Julian, Illinois, USA. 06/10

Comments: This string is great!I play with an extreme western grip and I play just like Nadal. He's my idol. This string is amazing! Everyone should get it to play great tennis! Vamos Nadal! Keep plugging away buddy!
From: Bobby Powell III, Seattle, Washington. USA. 06/10

Comments: I totally bought into the hype. I have an extreme western grip on both forehand and backhand, with fast racquet head speed. I have used Luxilon Big Banger Orginal 16/130 on both mains and crosses for at least 6 years now. I play with the Babolat Pure Drive + GT/Roddick. I string the Lux at 53 lbs, and I tried the RPM at 55 lbs. RPM lacked the feel of the Lux, but at the same time I could not generate near the top spin, thus everything flew [beyond the baseline]. Needless to say, I just cut out the RPM and restrung with good old Lux. I was completely disappointed because I am such a fan of Babolat. This time (I believe) their marketing promise exceeded reality. Vamos!
From: Rex, Granite Bay, CA, USA. 6/10

Comments: This is a good spin-friendly co-poly string that is on the soft side, that is getting hyped by Stosur's and Nadal's performance at Roland Garros 2010. Put otherwise, if you want a co-poly string that is crisp and boardy, you probably want to look elsewhere. I would grade this string as a B+. I had a this strung up on my Wilson K 6.1 95 @ 51 lbs in a full bed. Yes, in my hitting session for a couple hours that night, I was able to generate a lot more spin than usual. It was very fun to hit wide angle topspin shots that landed near the singles sideline/service line. Unfortunately, I had to work much harder at hitting deep rally balls that bounced in no-man's land. So if I were to make this my regular string, I'd have to find some hybrid combination with even softer string in the crosses to allow me to easily hit the best of both worlds (deep rally balls and angled shots). Considering the current price ($16.95/pack), I think I've already found that with Black Code ($12/pack) and PSGD.
From: Alan, New York, NY, USA. 6/10

Comments: The most amazing string as far as spin and power goes! It's unbelievable. I can never miss with it. The only bad part is it breaks to quick! It only lasted 3 days with me. I mean I hit with a lot of topspin and pace so its understandable. Still best string on the market.
From: Will, Atlanta, GA, USA. 06/10

Comments: This is by far the best poly string on the market actually. Like Nori said you must string this at a much higher tension then you would string the Luxilon ALU or any other poly string. Something around +2-4 pounds more. If you don't like poly string because it's too stiff (arm problem) try this one in full bed. The feeling is very unique. The 17G babolat (1.25mm) = 16G luxilon (1.25mm) so don't be afraid to buy this one in 17G. The 17G should have little more control, spin and pop.
From: lopi, NTRP 6.0. 6/10
Babolat apd GT 53-51 lbs

Comments: Don't listen to these other guys. Well it depends. If you have a racquet on the stiffer side, and Luxilon ALU power feels a bit too jarring, then this may be the string you have been waiting for. (Or for anybody, it may be the string you have been waiting for!) It is a softer more comfortable poly, with a lot more feel (even softer than Luxilon ALU Fluoro). It is a very lively string, but it has to be strung at the correct tension (55lbs on my Babolat Pure Storm Tour 98). If you are used to Luxilon, then you must string this at a much higher tension then you would string the Luxilon ALU; Then you will get that 'pop'. The response from this string is very different from all other strings, so you have to get used to it. It does lose tension and liveliness after a week of so, just like Luxilon or any other poly.
From: Nori, Queens, NY, USA. 06/10

Comments: Oh my god...this string's spin cannot be put into words. After stringing with PHT, xcel, hollowcore, revenge, zo power, and many others, I have to list this as my favorite of all time. I am a freshman, and a varsity tennis player, and this string gave my noticeably more spin. I wouldn't call it mushy as others here have, it's just very soft COMPARED to PHT. I am able to rally now for easily 50-100 balls opposed to missing in the 40s or 50s, due to the large margin for error. also,way easier on my arm. Amazing job Babolat!
From: Robert, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 06/10

Comments: The string is just way too "mushy" as many others have said. I had Babolat pro hurricane tour and decided to give the RPM blast a try it stinks! The string does have a little more spin then the PHT however the string is so soffffttttt that I can't really hit the ball as hard as I would like. However if you don't like stiff strings like PHT then I would recommend it. However, if you're a fan of stiff strigns such as the PHT and BB ALU POWER then stick with those strings.
From: Tom, USA. 6/10

Comments: I decided to order these strings with my new Babolat Aero Pro Drive cortex. At 59 tension I was hitting with great spin and pop. After a week and a half thee strings had a really soft feel that sort of threw me off. I had to adjust, and now I get more power than I'd like. My verdict is that the RPM blast 16 strings have more appeal to players looking for feel and spin, but should probably be strung at 60+ tension. I'm probably going to return to the hurricane tour 16 though.
From: Brian, Avondale, AZ, USA. 6/10

Comments: Very soft polyester. I have enjoyed the extra ball grab upon impact from my groundstrokes! Generating power with this string is not an object, so I am definitely switching to RPM Blast for my mains! Excellent string, Babolat!
From: Brad, Paducah, KY, USA. 6/10

Comments: Overall I like this string, but disagree with many here about the 'amazing' bite or spin potential. I get just as much or more spin with most average strings. Think about this: the design is octagonal with rounded edges. An octagonal shape on such a dimensionally small string does not produce a jagged string. In fact, observing my strung AeroPro gt, I could barely even notice the shape... The string appears and feels practically round. I have not tried the pentagonal string by Gamma, but would assume it would achieve more bite than this string. On the pro side; this is a very soft feeling poly. Nice feel; not harsh. It plays well, and if it is durable in the long run, I will keep using it.
From: David, BR, GA., US. 5/10

Comments: The 17 is way better than the 16. People who are complaining about the 16 probably haven't tried the 17 yet or didn't experiment with tensions. I got it right first time around at 60lbs with the 17. The 17 has more pop and WAY more spin, so if you didn't like the 16, try the 17.
From: Chris, Redlands, CA, USA. 5/10
NTRP: 5.0

Comments: I never played with a better string. just awesome. I get so much spin from this string and can take really big cuts at the ball and can be sure that it will fall well within the baseline. These are awesome and worth every bit recommend it only for players who play heavy.
From: Raj, India, Tamil Nadu, Chennai. 5/10

Comments: Awww.... my elbow hurts... do not string at 62lbs.. it's an ok string, but I would have to agree with some of the others saying that the Pro Hurricane Tour is better. So I will be switching back to that.
From: Dalica, Woonsocket, RI. 5/10

Comments: These strings had a nice power, yet mushy feel to them, but I didn't really feel the spin coming from this string. It has a lot of forgiveness and the balls didn't fly when I hit them with a full powerful swing. I strung it at 58s and had these in a hybrid. So far pretty good string and I think I'm going to stay on this set for a while.

Comments: I didn't like this string. My usual string is the Pro Hurricane Tour and the RPM Blast lacked power. I was taking big cuts at the ball and the shots were landing well short of the baseline. There isn't that familiar "pop" that I get from Pro Hurricane Tour. These strings were too soft and I got more spin from Pro Hurricane Tour, which I will be promptly switching back to.
From: Galen, Minneapolis, MN. 5/10

Comments: One word: Mushy. Too soft, no feel, not much bite. If you are a Pro Hurricane Tour player, do not switch to these strings. The one positive was that my serve had noticeably more control and I could hit it where I wanted -- but I sacrificed a lot on my groundies.
From: Bill, Cincy, OH. 5/10

Comments: This string is too powerful..strung it @ 58lbs. The ball goes longer than usual. I don't know I'm still trying to get used to it.
From: jaguarpac. 5/10

Comments: These strings are amazing! I'm more of a serve and volley type of player, but lately I've been working on my groundstrokes a lot. Before my main problem was that whenever I would go for a big shot it would go out, but with these stings I can generate so much more topspin that I am hitting winners from the baseline, which I am not used to at all. So for me these strings helped me push my game to the next level.
From: Alex, Houston, TX. 5/10

Comments: Not for me! I am primarily a baseliner who depends on pushing my opponents around. I am 6ft 3inches with a 200+ pound frame and am a power player. These strings are just too soft and low on power to the point of almost feeling mushy. I did not notice much spin production as compared to the "standard of strings" IMO: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 gauge. There's hardly any bite coming from these strings, however, there is great control simply do to the fact that there's hardly any power. I'm glad others have had much better experiences with these strings, but I am certainly not one of them!
From: D.R. II, VA, USA. 5/10

Comments: OMg OMG, this string is so amazing. It does not even compare to the tour strings I had on my Babolat pure drive plus. It has so much spin and now I am just waiting to see if the tension stays the same after a couple weeks. Pretty fabulous. I really want to recommend this for anyone who hits hard. I know I'm hitting good cause my shots are so deep now. The only problem I have is if you are not a beast I don't recommend them to you.. TY
From: Seymur, Wenchestonvile, Ka, us. 5/10

Comments: I got these strings about 3 days ago, they are amazing...so much topspin and it is easy on the elbow. I recommend this for anyone who plays hard. Shots are 2 feet from inside the baseline most of the time. This string made me so happy . . . I'm going to continue buying this .... THANKS!
From: Alpha Kenny Body,: Cajon, California, us. 5/10

Comments: I don't usually go around writing reviews but my experience with this string strongly compelled me to encourage anybody considering a purchase of Babolat RPM blast to DO IT! I expected this string to be all hype but it delivered exactly what it's supposed to. I have the RPM 16G strung @ 59lbs in my PureDrive GT and there is no doubt about it that this string has serious spin potential. These strings have serious serious bite but they also produce and extremely comfortable pop to keep the power that I like from the baseline. I've battled arm soreness for years but not anymore. Hitting my new PureDrive GT with RPM 16G is like driving a Porsche. It will go as hard as you want it to go but it's going to be a smooth and comfortable ride.
From: Brandon, San Antonio, Tx, USA. 5/10

Comments: This string is amazing! I have it on my Babolat Pure Storm Limited GT, strung at 60 lbs, and it is fantastic. This string gives a blend of spin, control and power.
From: anon. 5/10

Comments: Wanted to thank Tennis Warehouse for being the first to have the RPM 16G in stock, as when I had it strung at a large local tennis store they said their shipment was not arriving for another 7 days. I'm using Head Prestige Mid @ 57lbs. The string is AMAZING! It's got great feel, good pop and kick on the serve, but the best part is I can REALLY go after the ball - and it drops like a stone at the last minute. It was fun seeing my opponents constantly backing up...and once it lands it's still got good forward momentum. If you're looking to beat the players who are beating you - THIS IS YOUR EDGE!!!
From: Adrian, San Diego, CA, USA. 5/10

Comments: After the first ball I hit, I could feel a huge difference. The string had more of a bite to it and tons of control. I put it in all of my racquets and love it. Everyone should give it a try.
From: Troy, Alpena, MI, USA. 5/10

Comments: Amazing string! I can't believe how soft and comfortable this string was. After using Pro Hurricane Tour for years and hearing from multiple tennis shops the last few months about how they heard this string was stiff and only a pro like Nadal can use it I just laugh now. This string creates so much spin the bottom just falls out of the ball the last minute and it lands 2 feet from the baseline...try it..you will like it!
From: Matt, Costa Mesa, CA. 5/10

Comments: It's good string. I can hit it deep wit lots of spin and power feels GREAT!!! I never felt this kind of string!!! You should get it.
From: Riku. 5/10