Babolat Propulse 4 Pink Women's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I have had these shoes for over a year and overall it is a decent shoe -- comfortable and supportive. However despite the fact I barely played this past summer, my shoes on both sides have holes in them where my pinkie toe is. I can see my toes! I play club tennis at my university around 3 times a week and I do a lot of lateral movements -- I prefer singles. If you are a competitive player and do a lot of sprinting around the court (laterally especially) I don't recommend these shoes unless you're willing to buy another pair after a year. If you're a little less competitive or play doubles (with less movement around the court) I would recommend them! Hope this helps!
From: Olivia, 2/16

Comments: I have had these shoes for a 11 months. They're super durable! I tend to drag my feet to stop myself. Looking at my shoes, the soles are barely worn out, I can still see the pattern on them. The top has become a little more loose, but it doesn't affect me thanks to the strap. It secures the shoes so my feet don't slip out. Yes they feel stiff. These shoes were made to last. I didn't have issues with a break in with these shoes and my ankles are not hurting at all. I don't even understand how the ankles would be in pain because it runs lower than my ankles and only graze them. My feet always hurt when I run, but they don't seem to hurt at all most days. If they hurt, I've just been playing way too crazily. I will note that they feel a bit warm and my socks will end up wet sometimes. The Side to Side tech is great! It's amazing, I can easily push and move left or right immediately. These shoes are a tad bit slippery. In the 11 months I've had them, I've slipped slightly 2 times. It was when I was running backwards so it might've been that I was running awkwardly and ended up tripping on myself, but it might be because of these shoes. They work well when I have to stop quickly though. I'm a 3.5 level Varsity High School player.
From: Anonymous, 2/16

Comments: These shoes are heavy!
From: Judith, 1/16

Comments: I like these shoes. First, they have Michelin tire material on the soles so they last a long time (plus the mascot is so cute!). Second, with the sale at TW, they are extremely cheap, about 62% off. Third, the strap at the top of the shoes keep your feet in the shoe, also the high back. The sides go just under the ankle I don't know if it's because I ordered 1/2 size up, but I wear socks for Tom's and they don't hurt. People say these shoes kill your feet, some days I agree, some days I think these shoes are the greatest about cushioning and protecting your feet (when my feet hurt, I notice it's on hot days and my socks are drenched, ruining the feet protection). Love the side-to-side tech, it really helps. I'll push into the ground and be where I need to be early. Occasionally I'll trip over myself or a tennis ball, but I don't feel pain I guess because of how high the shoes is. Didn't need to break into these shoes. 6 month sole guarantee? I've had mine for 8 months and you can still see the tread. I play 2-3 times a week, have played 4 tournaments in these shoes, play Varsity for my school, I think I'm a 3.5 as far as tennis ratings. Really like these shoes as an aggressive player.
From: Emily, 12/15

Comments: Great shoe -- comfortable from the second I put them on. I use them for pickleball and can wear them for hours and they are as comfortable as when I first put them on. The only drawback is that they only last for about 5 months.
From: Michelle, 7/15

Comments: This shoe has been comfortable from the beginning and there was no break in required. Great support. Moves easily with good stability. My only dislike is the laces become frayed from the Velcro strap. They rub against the strap and they catch on the Velcro.
From: Kathy, 4/15

Comments: This shoe is amazing! I have been playing tennis with these for about 7 months and the size is true to my regular shoe size. They are comfortable and durable. I would recommend them!
From: Brittany, 4/15

Comments: I bought these after KSwiss stopped making the Defier. I thought they looked pretty cool. However, after wearing them for a summer season, the lack of proper cushioning caused my feet to ache all week after playing tennis. The next day after a match, I could barely walk. I would not recommend this shoe. Instead, KSwiss has just come out with the Hypercourt Express, which is the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.

Comments: I play tennis 4 times a week. I've worn this shoe for a week and find it true to size with plenty of room for toes. If you have narrow feet, you may want to order a 1/2 size down. Initially, I found this shoe to be very comfortable and supportive for my high arches while being light and maneuverable on the court. It gets high marks for that. However, after the first wear, the inside of my ankles were rubbed raw where the top lace laces through. I've been wearing bandaids hoping the shoe just needed some break-in time, but it still is rubbing painfully. Also, now I'm starting to feel pain and pressure from the metal piece where the strap goes through. I have loosened the strap to the point of it being useless, but it is still causing pain -- like all day long, even after I'm not wearing the shoe. Perhaps both of these issues are due to the top of my foot resting a little higher in the shoe due to my high arches, but in any case, these shoes are hurting my feet! At this point, I find them unwearable, which is really too bad, because they are very supportive and comfortable in respect to supporting my arches and shock absorption. I wish I could get my money back because after a week of wear, I can't bring myself to put them on again! Sadly, I'm back on the hunt to find the right shoe. I usually wear KSwiss as they offer good support and stability, but they can be clunky on the court. I was hoping to find something lighter and more maneuverable. These shoes were better in that respect, but the construction at the top of the shoe is a deal breaker for me.
From: Andrea, 2/15

Comments: My husband bought me these shoes and when I first started wearing them they were great. But after about 2 months of playing in them (played 4-5 times a week, both clay and hard surface), my Achilles started killing me. I could barely walk. So I don't think I will be buying another pair.
From: Tracey, 10/14

Comments: I have narrow feet and it is difficult to find a good fit in tennis shoes. I have many pairs of New Balance shoes in narrow, but none have as secure a fit as this shoe, in part due to the Velcro strap. It was very comfortable right out of the box. It seems to run large, I needed to go down a half size even with a thick sock. I will buy 3 more pairs before Babolat makes any changes.
From: Pam, 9/14

Comments: These shoes were great right out of the box and comfortable from the start, until I was about 3 months into wearing them. Then I began to experience pain on the top of my foot where the top strap is located. I loosened it considerably, but can't really say that it helped. The shoe also developed ridges inside along the top of my great toe and started rubbing it, developing blisters even through socks. I'm not sure why this happened after several weeks of comfortable wear and I must say that it only occurred in one shoe, so it may be an issue with the way I stand, etc. although I have never had this problem before. Going to look for another shoe, as I would like to get more than 3 months from a pair. I play 3 times per week, 2 hour sessions.
From: Abby, 8/14

Comments: I purchased these shoes in early April. I play on clay courts and about 4-5 times per week. While supremely comfortable, these shoes did not wear well. The mesh after the toe guard is already breaking down and stability is no longer a sure thing after 3 months of wear. I am disappointed as these are the most comfortable shoes I've owned.
From: Hope, 7/14

Comments: I have been searching for tennis shoes that work and these are terrific. I purchased them 6 weeks ago and have been wearing them 4-6 times per week for match play. I have been wearing both Asics and New Balance the last several years. I tried these even though the color was "bright" even for me. The minute I put them on I was sold. I have a normal foot, although slightly narrow in the heel. The 8 1/2 was true to size and the velcro strap across the top keeps the shoe snug. I mostly play on clay courts and they provide stability and gripability when necessary. Just purchased a second pair to closet for when these need replaced.
From: Gloria, 6/14

Comments: I love these shoes. They're lightweight and comfortable. I can move on the court quickly and have never had blisters wearing them. I play about 2-3 times a week at the 3.5-4.0 level. After more than 7 months, the sides of the shoes (where my "pinky" toes are) are beginning to tear. I'm still happy with Babolat. These shoes also support my ankles. I will definitely buy another pair.
From: Michelle, 6/14

Comments: I bought the Propulse shoes in size 7 and they fit great. I have narrow feet and I felt they were snug enough, but yet, enough room to move my toes. I always wear black ankle socks, and I felt they were breatheable. The soles and toe sheild were made very well. They have great traction on hard courts. I use the toe sheild a lot when I play and it seem to help whenever I need more traction to stop. As for the comfortability, I love it. They have enough support foot-bed wise, and plenty of cushion. I dont need to put insoles in these shoes, although, others may prefer to use one. I find the strap helpful, it seems to help secure my shoelace from untying. Also, they help prevent my feet from moving. I play 3-5 days a week for a couples hours on the courts and my shoes is still in good condition. They sure are durable. I would buy another pair of these!
From: Milaney, 3/14

Comments: I have had 3 pairs of Babolat shoes and all 3 pairs fell apart within 4 months of use. I play 3-5 times per week, mostly on clay. All 3 split on the sides right where the bend of the feet is when you are up on your toes. Some of you might ask if I was wearing the right size -- yes, I had them fitted at a sports store and bought subsequent ones online. While I liked the shoe initially, it just doesn't hold up.
From: Kat, 3/14

Comments: No, I didn't go looking for pink colored shoes, in fact, when I saw them, I was re-pulsed, not pro- pulsed, however, I tried them on anyway and they fit so well I had to get them, and I'm very happy with them. They are not the most cushioned shoes (K-Swiss Defiers are the best, but these are OK). The fit was perfect for me and the shoes let cool air in. Now, please offer us some better colors!

Comments: I really like this shoe. Nikes are too wide for me, Adidas fit me well, but they no longer make the ones I liked, so I tried the Babolat and have been very happy in them. Only one slight issues to be aware of, on my foot, it took wearing them a few times to get used to the high edge next to my ankle bone. This offers good support, but at first it rubs on the bone a bit. And my feet are happy in the shoes, but there is not a ton of cushion under the ball of the foot after 4 months of use. I wear them a lot, so maybe it is normal for the cushioning to diminish after regular, heavy use. I will buy another pair!
From: Julie, 6/13

Comments: I love Babolat and these shoes have great support with the Velcro straps. However, I hate the colors Babolat is choosing.
From: Cindy, 5/13

Comments: For my first pair of Babolat shoes, I am very pleased. I'm playing 20+ hours a week of tennis and it really took a toll on my old court shoes. These on the other hand are extremely durable and are so worth the money. I was very nervous ordering these online but they fit true to size and are my absolute favorite shoe that I own. Definitely buying another pair of Babolats for my next court shoe.
From: Megan, 4/13

Comments: This is a great comfortable shoe and I'm happy with the results since this is the first buy I made from Babolat. Before these, I played with Head shoes (being a Head buyer), but they turned out to not be as great as I had hoped. I think that I will mainly be buying tennis shoes from Babolat now since these are lighter, comfier, better fitting, and there's a lot of softness when you step. Love them!
From: Lira, 3/13