Comments: I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick plus GT to this stick, and when I did my serves just go in very well and my groundstrokes improved, I love the feel of this racquet.
From: Leong, Hong Kong, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat rpm blast 17+ excel power 17 56lbs

Comments: 3 words, I hate it. I had this for about a year but only got about 3 months of play because I didn't like it. It was way too heavy for me, I couldn't whip it fast enough so I would get dominated by hard hitters. I eventually got so mad at it I snapped it, the best decision of my life. I went out and bought a Wilson K Blade 98. I own three of them now and plan to keep buying them as long as they keep making them. I do not recommend this racket.
From: Phillip, Illinois. 09/10

Comments: I demo'd this racquet and was not impressed, but I blame it mostly on the strings. What made me lose interest was the frame shape. The way it's constructed any mishits on the frame instantly led to violent twisting of the racquet handle in my hand. This racquet shanks like a monster, it hurts.

Comments: Although, the Pure Storm Tour has been discontinued, I own two and have nothing but praise for it. It is a solidly built racket, and is especially effective blocking hard shots, or hard serves back. I can generate great topspin, and when slicing my backhand, I can put incredible spin and depth to my shot.
From: Joge, Holden, MA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 17 (mains), and Babolat multifilament (17)crosses. 55 lbs.
I'm a former Div 1 player and I grew up playing on pro staffs/6.1's. I wanted to try something a little lighter and based on the specs this would suit my game... boy was I wrong. I tested two- one strung with NXT 17g @55, the other strung the NRG2 17g @60. I just couldn't get enough pop on the ball and the frame seems to twist also. This frame seems "tinny" and hollow compared to a pro staff or other player's sticks. While it does generate good spin, it is not forgiving on off center hits and unless you hit the sweetspot dead on... it gives a vibration up your arm. While Babolat has a good product here, this racquet could be great if it was less hollow and more solid... maybe 100% graphite like a POG or a good blend like a pro staff/ 6.1 model. I've heard the Pure Storm Limited is more solid- maybe I'll try one and get back to you.

Comments:
From: Lofty, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 04/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17g @55 lbs/Wilson NRG2 17g @60 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 6.0 (Former NCAA player/ Teaching Pro)

Comments: I own one of these sticks, the + version, I really like it, actually I love it. I have played with it several times with Luxilon alu power which are not the most spin friendly strings on the market but I could still get decent amount of spin. however I would suggest you use a more comfortable string because unless you are as strong as Robocop you will get a sore arm assured, the racquet in itself is quite comfortable, but alu power is not a suitable string for this frame, way too stiff.
Power: This racquet is head-light but very powerful. It is true, like almost every comment I have read, that you need to generate you own pace, this is not a tweener, it is a control oriented stick, ok but when you need to kill the ball and really finish a point, the mass you handle is largely sufficient to generate a heavy, fast ball that will hit your opponent's court as fast as leaving him standing like a statue of wax. The + version generates outrageous heavy balls on service. Overall, if you correctly use the mass of the racquet and play with a wide and fast swing, this racquet is even very powerful, use the correct string tension and you will be surprised by how much power you can get.
Control: The frame is so stable and solid that you need to try very hard missing a passing shot, you get plenty of plow effect, the ball is sufficiently enveloped, focused on the spot you choose to gobble on the court, control on one handed back hand is awesome, compared to this stick on this aspect the k six one 95 is garbage, while compared to Federer's model they have approximately the same accuracy but the Federer's is a little more powerful and this Babolat is more forgiving.
Volleys: again, very stable, volleys are sharp and powerful, short volleys or defense volleys are easy due to the head light balance. over-shoulders: piece of cake, the strung frame is only approximately 335 gr heavy, it is much easier to play high balls with this stick than with most of the pro racquets in commerce I have previously tested.
Overheads: I am not a super smasher but I felt very comfortable smashing with this racquet, the few extra inches of this + version help adding pop and penetration. serve: not as easy as with Federer's blx but still powerful and spin is easy to generate, you need to get very familiar with this stick in order to really hit the corners, while it becomes soon lethal if you serve on the body. Maneuverability is excellent, so that you may decide the direction of your serve even last second and still be consistent. serving with this racquet for a long period of time is not tiring, so don't bother making your matches shorter than 9 sets with tie break at every set.
Slice backhand: Not an issue, the ball goes heavy and sharp, stays low and the feel is excellent. wish you guys lots of fun.
From: Luigi, Paris France 02/10
String type and tension: Luxilon alu rough 25/26
Headsize: 95 NTRP Rating: 15 (french rating)

Comments: I love this racquet. It's got great control, power, and spin, and it's not that heavy. I might add some lead tape. I would recommend this racquet to a person who generate their own power and that is looking for a control oriented frame.
From: Cameron, Oklahoma USA 12/09
String type and tension:mains are Tecnifibre bi-phase 16g,crosses Signum pro plasma 16g, mains
tension 56,crosses 55
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: This is by far the best racquet I have ever used. It has great control, spin, power, and easy movement. I demolished my friend (Sean) our number 1 at our high school. I laughed. I would recommend this racquet to anyone who is interested.
From: Ricky Peloso, Manteca, CA, USA. 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat revenge. 58
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: Very nice racket to hit with for the week I demoed it. Very solid and crisp on all shots. For me this racket probably stood out on serve. Able to go very big with lots of placement on it. The only negative thing would be that every time I hit the ball I had this really strange feeling that the racket was being pushed backwards and that was not pleasant. But all in all very nice and worth demoing.
From: Adam, Kansas, United States 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour midrange on the tension

Comments: This is a good racquet if you can create your own power. But if you are young or small and need a racquet that will produce power this isn't that racquet for you.
From: Steven, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. 06/09

Comments: I had the Pure Control a couple years ago and when I went to get a new stick, they had discontinued it but had yet to come out with the Pure Storm. I got the Aero Storm, but it offered no forgiveness. I finally tried this and immediately bought it. I like this much better, and it has all the great features of the Pure Control with a surprising amount of power. I fell in love; this is the racquet for me!
From: Drew, Provo, Utah. 4/09
String type and tension: mains - Babolat pro hurricane 16g cross - prince lightning 16g at

Comments:Demoed this racquet on a whim. I have used Babalot racquets before starting with the Pure Drive xl, switched to the Pure control. The pure control xl was great but found out it was a little stiff for me. I Switched to Pro Kennex 5g xl. That too is a great racquet. I found that it was an all around racquet for all styles of play. I just enjoy hitting with an 1/2 inch long racquet, and always check out racquet's that are a 1/2 inch long. Tried the Fisher xl and just didn't feel right in a lot of categories as the Tecnifiber xl was too stiff and demanded very good strokes. The Babolat Pure Storm plus is a good racquet. From the baseline it has a nice soft feel as well as good control and you can hit out. On serves it was great. I am not a big server but was able to spin serves here and there as well as flatten out serves. Volleys was not bad, but lead tape at the 9 & 3 spots just made it very stable. Slice is generated well with this racquet. The Babolat Pure storm plus is over all a great racquet with lead tape and good strings.
From: Paul, Oakland, CA, usa. 12/08
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane 17g & vs gut at 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 all court

Comments: I just bought this racket as a replacement for my St. Vincent Prostaff 85's, my favorite racket--1 of which I recently snapped while serving. The greater flex of the St. Vincent 85's, which I've since read to be RDC 62, has been the hardest thing to find in a performance racket. Oddly, I tried the Pure Storm Plus thinking that a 98 head would be too powerful. To my surprise, the increased head size did not add power, so I received more spin potential and margin for error without drilling the back curtain on a full swing. During the first three days of demoing for approximately an hour and a half each, I grew progressively more comfortable hitting all out and finding the baseline with maximum power. The flex combined with solid technique really allows me to feel the racket head flex as I move it through the ball. Getting the head working correctly rewards the player with controllable power. Touch is almost as intuitive as with the Prostaff; volleys don't have the weightiness, but the placement is good to above average. When I can hit running drop shots from behind the baseline that fall just past the net I know I like a stick's control. This racket also reminds me of the player versions (flexible) of the Head Pro Tour 630 series. I own two paint jobs, which are similarly flexible (Guga models) and similarly reward good technique with pace and touch.
From: Travis, Richmond, VA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Gamma Gut 2 55lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I demoed this racquet and played for it with a couple hours, against the wall and in a one set match. It's like swinging a paddle. When they say control, they mean it. I hit the ball as hard as I could with no fear of it going out. It was impossible to hit passing shots. I swing pretty hard; I can serve +100mph, and trying to generate pace with this racquet was nearly impossible. But, I could hit the ball on any part of the strings and it would always go in (unlike the Pure Drive or Aero Pro). If you want to swing hard every time and never miss, then pick this one up. If you want to have finesse in your game and hit winners, then this stick will frustrate you.
From: Anthony, Santa Monica, CA, USA 08/08

Comments: What can I say about this racquet? This is a very good racquet. I used to play with the Pure Drive. This can't even compete with it. I get awesome control and power. I have been playing with it about a year, and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. Extremely good racquet. When I first demoed it, I knew it was my racquet. I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.
From: Anthony, Pennsylvania, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane
Headsize: 98 sq in.
NTRP Rating: 4.5 to 5.0

Comments: Overall, a good experience. This racquet is very comfortable to use, and has a very soft feel when hitting on target while still maintaining touch. My single-handed backhand is a dream with this racquet, probably the best I've experienced. However, I am struggling a bit with the power on my serve, probably because my technique still needs adjustment. Without a lot of topspin this stick may have too much power; luckily, its easy to get. I am an aggressive all-court player and am very pleased with the versatility of the racquet. I would perhaps prefer a little more weight for added stability, but have not experimented with tape as of yet. Response is very predictable, as long as your technique is solid. Nice stick.
From: David, USA. 7/08

Comments: Switched from O3 Tour as the O3 had too much power and was too light. This racquet has right weight and control I need, and I can continue with my heavy topspin game, but flatten out a shot when needed. Great pop on serves as well good bite for kick serve. Excellent racquet for aggressive style of play. Once I found the right string combo, power was reduced and control is exceptional. My style of play chewed up non-poly strings in about 4-5 hours on both mains & crosses. I was concerned about elbow issues, but no problems noted even stringing as hard as I do with poly.
From: Tom, Spokane, WA, USA, 05/08
String type and tension: M: Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane X: Hurricane Tour @ 62 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0, shooting for 4.5+

Comments: I demoed this racquet and the Babolat Pure Storm Tour +, so I got the 411. I am switching from Babolat AeroPro Drive +. I also demoed Yonex RQis2 and Yonex RDS 003. SO: In terms of
Power: RQis2, AeroPro Drive +, Pure Storm Tour +, Yonex RDS 003, and Tecnifibre last.
Control: Tecnifibre, Pure Storm Tour+, Yonex RDS 003, RQis2, AeroPro Drive +
Maneuverability: RQis2, Pure Storm, RDS003, AeroPro, Tecnifbre
Comfort: Pure Storm, RQis2, RDS003, Tecnifibre, AeroPro
Pure Storm Tour+ and Tecnifibre have similar results, but with a slightly different feel. Tecnifibre is more crisp, but the sweetspot is smaller, but better when hit in it. Its slightly more stiff, has a higher swing weight, generates slightly less spin and gets slightly less power. Pure Storm Tour+ feels like a Yonex because its so flexible. It generates a little more spin with a softer feel and a bigger sweet spot. I added some lead to it at 3 and 9 (not really needed on the Tecnifibre) and boy, what a difference! Power increased as did stability. I decided to go with the Pure Storm Tour +. My friend went with the Tecnifibre. Pure Storm, more feel, better volleys. Tecnifibre for more control, better serve.
From: Jon, West Orange. 5/08
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 Fat Core 16, 62 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5.0

Comments: I'm just demoing this racquet, and it's the best. It has great feel and will do what you want. It's not that heavy, and the pop was better than the Pure Storm Standard racquet. Also it doesn't have that funny cortex that makes it feel weird.
From: Adam, Buffalo, New York, U.S.A. 3/08
String type and tension: 58

Comments: I'm just demoing this racquet and it's the best. It has great feel and will do what you want. It's not that heavy and the pop was better than the Pure Storm Standard racquet. Also it doesn't have that funny cortex that makes it feel weird.
From: Adam, Buffalo, New York, U.S.A. 3/08
String type and tension: 58

Comments: This is a good racquet but with one main problem, the lack of stability when the ball is hit outside the sweet spot. The racquet is solid when it is hit out of the middle but when it's not, the racquet shakes violently. The other problem is that the extra half inch gives power from the back of the court, but the touch is sacrificed. Not for me, Babolat!
From: Patrick, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. 3/08

Comments: This racquet is the best. I used to play with the Pure Control and loved it. So this racquet replaced it so I thought I would give it a try. Now it's the only racquet I play with. Great control and super easy to apply spin. Easy to generate power also. This racquet is great.
From: Alex, USA. 3/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger-62

Comments: Chose this racquet over my old (and faithful) Prince 03 Hybrid Hornet. It allows me to use more topspin with depth without using as much energy. I'm 6'6", so my serve is definitely something I pay attention to, and this allowed my kick-second serve even more power, but still getting kick. On first serve it lets you power them in without sacrificing accuracy, and the length lets you flatten out the serve. I'm still getting used to the smaller headsize, but it is reliable at the net (the length again helps), and I found it really accentuates a full-swing chip. Great racquet.
From: Houston, Ronda, NC, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Hybrid, 59 lbs
Headsize: 98 sq. in.
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: If you are used to play with traditional player's rackets (head-light and 12 ounce or heavier), the Pure Storm Tour Plus the way it is does not generate quite as much pace as my old Pure Control Plus and it feels a little light. However, after experimenting with adding weight, I finally found the perfect configuration to achieve the best blend of stability, maneuverability, control, power, and pace, which is very important for achieving deep and penetrating shots. I added 1 gram of lead tape at 9 & 3 o'clock, 1.5 grams at 12 o'clock the top of the racket head because it really needed it since it was dead up there, and 1 gram at the lowest point of the throat. This adds a total of 2.75 grams of weight, making this racket close to be 12 ounces. The result is a substantial increase in stability, good power, and very solid shots, especially groundstrokes and serves, plus much better pace generation. Now this racket is truly up to the task of going against heavy hitters. Control is excellent too, of course, and spin potential is also pretty good.
From: Anon, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 02/08
Sting type and tension: Gamma Revelation 17 @ 57lb

Comments: I switched to this stick from a Wilson original ProStaff 6.1 stretch. I was looking to update, and this racquet is awesome. It's very stable off the ground, especially when returning hard shots. I had to add some lead tape at 12 o'clock, which helped a lot with the power and power on my serve. If you are looking for a control-oriented frame, give the Pure Storm Tour Plus a demo.
From: Patrick, Baton Rouge, LA, USA. 1/08
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17g, 60lbs

Comments: Wow, this baby is the real thing. I love hitting my one-handed backhand on this racquet. It generates pace and spin that I have never seen before. I added 1 gram of lead tape at 12, and it made a big difference. Groundstokes are solid, and it made me become more of a baseliner. Serves are effortless. Volleys are not as solid since this is a Plus racquet, but I guess I just have to play with it more. I highly recommend this racket to anyone with a 1hb.
From: U-Syn Nek, LA, CA. 1/08

Comments: I just demoed this racquet all week, and it is awesome. I normally play with the Yonex RDX 500, which has been a great performer for me, but this racquet gives me extra power without sacrificing control. I find it very stable against power and at the net. Plus, my serve has gained some pop (easier to get flat serves in), and I find it easier to serve with more slice (I'm not sure why). The sweetspot seems large for the head size. Only issue is that it takes some adjustment to get used to the added length. I plan to buy one and experiment with added tape as the other reviewers suggested. I compared this to the Yonex RDS 001 and 002 and it won out.
From: Andy, Durham, NC. 1/08
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: I used to play with the Pure Control Plus, and that racquet was more solid than the Pure Storm Tour Plus. However, I experimented with adding some lead tape to the racquet head. I noticed this racquet does not take weight customization well, especially not at 12 o'clock. The only place and best place on the racquet head to add weight to increase stability and maintain or improve control is at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock. I found 1 gram of lead tape is just perfect. It increases torsional stability and feels much more solid, like my old Pure Control Plus. Be advised that adding weight, especially too much weight, anywhere else on the racquet frame will scientifically reduce performance, control and power. Customize it the way I did, and you'll find it is a superb racquet with plenty of control, stability and maneuverability.
From: Anon, Los Angeles, CA. 10/07
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 17 @ 58 lbs

Comments: Just bought this frame. Had to experiment a little with strings to find the feel I was looking for. I have used a variety of racquets over the years. Switched to this from a Yonex rds 2 tour. I really didn't like it much at first but really began to appreciate it the more I played with it. Has a classic Babolat feel. I added lead at 3 and 9 and finally it feels "right" to me. (I'm primarily a power baseliner)
From: Bobby, Prestonsburg, KY, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: Gosen AK

Comments: I have to disagree with Ed's feedback. In comparison to the old Babolat Pure Control +, the new pure storm plus is lighter and my opinion is not stable as the old model. Sometimes I missed the weight of the racket playing against heavy spin, or hard hitters. For sure you can feel the racket is less stiff then the PC+. Overall I'm glad I had the opportunity to test if, but for me it's got very low power with poor stability. I personally don't like heavy rackets though, but playing with Pure storm tour plus something was just not right playing with this one.
From: Martin, Washington DC, 09/07

Comments: Bought this racquet the first day it was available. Used to play with the old pure storm and pure control + before it. Must say that this racquet is even more stable and comfortable than its predecessor. Love everything about it. It's now my main stick and my pc+ is now my backup.
From: Ed, Gainesville, FL, USA, 08/07