Comments: I was playing with the Babolat Pure Drive for the last 8 years. I was very happy with it, but I wanted a bit heavier of a racquet. I bought the Pure Storm Tour GT Plus last week and tested it yesterday. The result is very satisfactory for me. Service speed, spin and control are very good. The only problem is the sweetspot is very small, so you need to make your stroke precisely and you must be confident. I am sure that this racquet will improve my tennis.
From: Selim, 12/12
String type and tension: Babolat Feel @ 56 lbs

Comments: After having played with the 2012 Head Prestige MP, I was consistently disappointed with its "unforgiving" nature. Upon playing a match with a buddy of mine, I asked to try out his Babolat Tour GT. It was a dream come true. We communicated from the get go. Was it love at first try? Hope not! Time will tell.

Comments: The racquet swings a bit heavier than it's specs would indicate. It also feels a bit firmer than its 62 RDC, more like 65 RDC to me. That said, I like this stick, although I understand how it could cause some arm trouble for those who use a poly string and who swing hard. For me, I tend to be a bit early, so it works for me and it has both excellent control and supplies good power and spin on my serves. I think I found a suitable replacement for my Yonex Rd Power 10 Longs.
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation, 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet has a nice flex, reminiscent of my Head MicroGEL Prestige Pro. It also has a nice balance for its length. That is, it feels like a head light players frame in your hand. So far, I have hit with this stick for a couple of hours. The first 30 minutes required an adjustment in my footwork and contact point to compensate for the swingweight and length. In comparison to the other player's frames that I have used (Head MicroGEL Prestige Pro, Dunlop 4D 200, Prince Ignite 95 (with port grommets and with hole grommets), Prince Tour Diablo MP, Prince Graphite Longbody, Wilson KBlade 98), the Storm Tour+ ranks second only to the Ignite in power and stability, but betters the Ignite for control, feel, and accuracy. The Storm Tour+ is low in this group for spin production only bettering the 4D 200. Where the Storm Tour+ is a standout is on serve, overheads, 2 handed backhands, and slice approach shots. Stability on volleys is also excellent. I am struggling with correctly executing big forehands on the move due to the excessive swingweight of this racquet. I suspect that the arm pain that others have experienced is the result of trying to "arm" the stroke. This racquet very much requires a good shoulder turn, hip release, and smooth swing to perform at its best. It is not nearly as whippy and flexy feeling as the Prince Original Graphite Longbody. In rank order: Pure Storm Tour+, 4D 200, MG Prestige Pro, Ignite 95 (hole grommets), Diablo MP, POG Longbody, KBlade, Ignite 95 (port grommets). In summary: Most of the feel, touch, and control of the MGPP and 4D 200 with most of the power and stability of the Ignite. Not the winner in any single category, but probably the overall winner. Strong words from me since I generally despise Babolat frames.
From: Patrick, 12/11
String type and tension: Custom Hybrid at 55 lbs

Comments: This racquet dramatically increased the amount of spin and it had a solid feel. I hit a much heavier ball. My serve definitely had extra pop without extra effort. The ball jumps off this racquet with power! On the negative side, the head size was too small (I was previously using a Head 104 square inch). The racquet is stiff and heavy. I just could not volley or have much touch with it. If you hit the sweet spot from the baseline, the results are amazing and you can pound the ball. But it's easy to not hit the sweet spot. Very good racquet, I liked it, but just too heavy and unforgiving for me, a solid 4.5 all-courter.
From: Don, 11/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Banger, 60 lbs

Comments: I got my hands on this racquet just over a month ago. My shots were changed dramatically from my old nTour2. I was hitting such a heavy ball with tons of spin my friends all started to stand way behind the baseline just to deal with them. Using the weight and length of the racquet I was serving better then ever. I was hitting placement shots right on target, volleying was effortless (especially when sending the ball on those great cross court volleys almost parallel to the net) The addiction to this racquet came at a price though, my shoulder and elbow started to become very tender after a few weeks of constant play. I am using my, much lighter, nTour2 again for the time being and noticing that I brought a lot of the style my shots had with the pure storm tour GT plus with me in the transition. When I feel like crushing the competition this racquet will come out of the tennis bag for sure. A must have for a stronger player with developed shots looking for incredible control and power.
From: Adrian. 7/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast @ 58 lbs

Comments: This is a good stick!! Very good control and doesn't feel heavy even know it's over 12oz.
From: Frank, Schenectady, NY, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Gamma 65lbs

Comments: I have gone from the original pure storm to the K six-one tour now to Pure Storm GT Tour Plus. I lose serving with it and smacking balls from the baseline. I do have trouble Volleying with this racket but I believe that is the case with all Babolats. I will most likely go back to "The Evil Empire"(Wilson) if the new BLX blade is as good as is rumored.
From: Stephen, Annapolis, MD, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough 125 55lbs

Comments: Awesome racquet! I've been using it for a couple months now and at first did notice a sharp pain in my arm, takes some getting used to, but now after using a softer string and lowering tension haven't had a problem since. Favorite part of the racquet is the amount of power I can get off the serve, also feels great on groundstrokes. I'm a lefty and hit good topspin on forehand and a flat one handed backhand. Added lead tape to the top and bottom of the frame just to add some more weight to the swing.
From: Lucas, Gilbert, AZ, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat rpm 62lb and solinco tour bite 62

Comments: I tried the racquet and I have to say off the groundstrokes it is quite amazing. I play with the Pure Storm GT at 10.oz, and this gave me extra mass, which was great as well as enough spin with the plus. Yet I have hit with just about every racquet I can try and used to hit the previous model of this frame, and I have never had elbow pain like this racquet caused. I am disappointed because it was great, but the racquet was rough on the arm.
From: Adam, Monson, MA, United States. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power 125
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I didn't think a new frame would really improve my game. Now into my early forties, playing since 9 and then collegiately, I tried to focus on keeping fit and preventing injuries with weight training and with sprint drills and 4-5 miles running daily to keep up with younger 4.5-5.0 players I compete with at my club. Then last month a friend brought to the courts a tall stack of new player frames he was demoing, and my top 3 draft picks were the new Federer Wilson BLX, the older version of the Babolat Rodick PD+, and this Pure Storm Tour GT and the plus version. I made sure I played singles and at least 2 sets with each frame to fully compare all the shots and playability. I really judge a frame on: a) How it feels and performs off the serve and 1st volley b) How well I can return serve with it. These initial strokes are the most important points for me have control and have total confidence in a match. Forehands & backhands should naturally fall into a good groove if it's a stick that fits your style. With the PSTGT+, I felt with the flex point was spot on as a players frame. The overall balance of 8pts head light just felt right at first swing. My 1st flat serve had great pop and unbelievable control. I couldn't believe I was hitting so many 1st serve winners and aces! The kick serve had a bit more action off the bounce than the BLX. Volleys and overheads had great put away power with a good feedback of ball contact. With touch volleys and drop shots, I was able to pull off smoothly with great feel. I may experiment and move up with various tensions on the strings for more spin from 52 lbs to 55-62 lbs on the 3 frames I purchased. I start down on tension on a flex frame and move up incrementally as I'm using the new poly strings with a hybrid soft cross sting blend. The GT technology Babolat is incorporating must be what is giving my hand/arm feedback that softer sense of ball control during a strong rally exchange.

Comments: I bought this racket recently after demoing. This racket is amazing. I get good control and power at the same time. The real big difference is in serve. I really get good pop on the serve. I'm a baseliner, so I don't know how good/bad is for volleying. I used to use ntour two 95, and switched to this racket and it made a big difference in my game. Now, I play more aggressively and my shots are more powerful and controlled. Also, I get good control to hit some nice flat shots. If you are looking for some good control oriented racket without sacrificing power, this one is good choice. I developed bad arm pain playing this racquet. I have never had arm problems before, and after playing this for about 2 weeks I developed both elbow and shoulder problems. I tried with softer multi-filament strings, and still no use. This racquet caused deep elbow pain and shoulder pain. I tried all the exercises thinking that the increased stroke speed caused the problem. But the fact was, this racquet is the sole reason. I almost cured the pain by exercises and rest (for about 2 months), and I played for 30 mins with this racquet and developed the problem again. Now, I stopped playing with this racquet, and I have improved the conditions dramatically. I'm playing prince exo3 rebel 95, and elbow problem gradually reduced and seems to be back to the way I was. On the plus side, the racquet provides very good control. But I can't pay the price of my arms.
From: Prem, Seattle, WA, USA 12/09
String type and tension: TecniFibre NGR2

Comments: I own both Pure Storm Tours. The newer GT plays a little bit stiffer and feels harsher than last year's version. Feel about the same but I prefer last year's over the newer GT hands down.
From: Jeff, Orlando, FL, USA. 11/09
String type and tension: Pro Supex hybrid 55 lbs.

Comments: Used the pure control plus then switched to the pure storm tour plus...that took awhile to adjust to but once I did I loved it...then recently I bought a few of these..at first hit I new I would love them eventually but not right away..at least for me the previous version seemed to have more flex..but now that I've been using them for a while I absolutely love them..if you want to know where the ball is going as soon as it leaves your strings this is the racquet for you..I love the new look it says you mean business
From: Jared, Charleston, WV 09/09
String type and tension:pro hurricane 59

Comments: An addendum to my comments below. I added an overgrip and weighed the racquet and it is around 12.2 oz. I think the TW specs are correct and the Babolat specs incorrect. Is it really the added GT technology making the racquet sturdier or the added weight?? Regardless I am still happy with the way the racquet plays and will buy another.
From: VM, NY 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power 56

Comments: The racquet plays great. I first had a hybrid string job Luxilon crosses and Babolat natural gut mains and the tension was faulty but thank god it plays like a dream after I got it restrung with Wilson stamina. I had to put lead tape on the head of the racquet to heavy the swing a little bit. After I took some lead tape off trying to adjust it all the paint came off with it. Don't use head tape or lead tape because it smears and takes the paint off. The paint job is cool but it flakes and peels off very easily. After only 5min of playing the entire paint job on the of the top racquet underneath the head guard peeled off. Other than the paint the racquet is great for people who take full swings.
From: Scott, Denver, Colorado 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina 65lbs
Headsize: 98sqin

Comments: Very solid hitting racquet. Does have a high swing weight, but does not seem to swing as heavy as may appear from the TW specs. I'm not sure how TW averaged out its sticks to 12.1 oz, since the 320g unstrung weight is the same as the prior non-GT version (11.8 oz). Racquet plays soft and pretty flexible, and seems to be easy on the arm. Very good control and spin potential, excellent off the ground, especially on my two handed backhand where the extra .5" was a nice benefit. Even though it is an extended length racquet, it is still fairly low powered, which is good since you can still take a pretty good cut at the ball. Only weakness of racquet was at the net, where the relatively high swingweight and extended length definitely seem to make the racquet a little less maneuverable for quick exchanges and reflex volleys at the net. I think this is a very nice racquet for people looking for an extended length player's racquet. Aesthetically, the paint job looks very nice.
From: KD, Cali 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 17/VS Team 17 56 lbs

Comments: I have used the pure control in the past and it is a nice upgrade. It seems much more flexible than the previous version and it does provides good control. You definitely have to have a full stroke to get the most out of this racquet. It seems a lot lighter than the 12.1 oz listed as the spec and I believe it is more like the previous model at 11.8 as the Babolat site actually indicates. I even added lead tape to the racquet due to the head being a bit light and that was a mistake. The paint job is pretty but when I removed the tape it smeared the paint badly, that has never happened to any of my other racquets. After a week of playing with the racquet I am pleased with the way the racquet plays but slightly disappointed with what seems like a big discrepancy in the TW spec listing and with the durability of the paint.
From: VM, New York 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon 56 lbs

Comments: I had about a 10 minute hit with it today. It is solid but a little light for my game. Groundies are good on both sides. Serving was my primary complaint. Not enough mass in the head of the racquet maybe. It wasn't right for me but many will like it. Demo and see.
From: Bobby, Prestonsburg, KY USA 08/09