Comments: This is a great racquet for players who're skilled with their shots, but don't want to slam around a heavy player's racquet. Great control, and pretty much no power. You have to get used to it. The lack of power, though, leaves room for ridiculously forgiving control. You can make all kinds of crazy shots with this one, knowing that the thin beam and closed string pattern will guide the ball in-bounds. You might want to add some lead to it, though, as it could use a little more swing weight, and some torsion issues opened up a tennis elbow problem for me. Overall, love it and can't wait to see 2013's generation!

Comments: The racquet broke the 7th day I had it at my high school regionals! I mishit an overhead and it broke at the top! I sent it and they sent it back saying they can't replace it. My friend that plays tennis at Cameron University and the same thing happened to his!
From: Justin, 7/12

Comments: There are 2 things that I noticed on this racquet. 1) It would certainly take some bit of practice to get your serve going. 2) Racquets inertia against flat ground strokes. Otherwise, a pretty decent stick considering the amount of stability it offers in general.
From: Rahul, 5/12

Comments: Might take some time for you to play those winning shots, but this racquet would certainly help you learn tennis the right way. It's more of a feel oriented racquet and I would rate it A+ in this department. Had ignored this for a lot of time because of it's low weight. Overall, very very pleased. A must demo but not a blind buy.
From: Mahindra, 5/12

Comments: Had overlooked this one for so long due to it's low weight. A mistake. More user friendly than the pure storm but just as 'big' on ground strokes. Doesn't serve as powerful but easier to access spin. I would rate it above the 60 rdc mentioned, feels slightly softer than the pure storm. A+++
From: Carlos, 4/12

Comments: This is a great racquet for groundstrokes and volleys. Stability is impressive. It does play a little stiffer than the 60 stiffness rating mentioned on TW, but it is still very comfortable. Serves had good spin but average power as the balance that makes the racquet so solid on groundstrokes seems to slow it down a bit on serves. And as Kevin mentions just below, this racquet is excellent for backhand slices. Overall, this is one of the best racquets on the market in this weight class.

Comments: I am a D2 college tennis player and this frame is one of the best I've ever had the privilege of playing with. I was very skeptical of the low weight at first but this frame performs at a very high level in every category. One thing I would like to point out is the nasty slice you can produce. It is absolutely sick! Great frame! I now own five!
From: Kevin, USA, 12/11
String type and tension: Black Magic, 58lbs
Headsize:100 sq in

Comments: I am a 54 year old who was recovering from arm problems. I wanted a racquet that had some power, was soft and easy on the arm (60 flex rating), and was good for a person who learned to play in the early 70's and hits a sort of flat(with a small amount of topspin) ball. Unlike some Babolat's this racquet is great for flat ball may hitters and gives good control and power. My shots with my normal swing(medium) were landing deep in the court with good pace and control. I did remove the grip and put on a Babolat leather grip and overgrip to make the racquet a little more head light. I also put a little lead tape in the grip of the racquet also. Now my racquets are about 11 ounces and play great. The Storm Team is very string sensitive so use a good string.
From: Chuck, 8/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 17 at 53 lbs

Comments: This is a slightly tweaked racquet for a better, version of the Pure Storm. Overall, weight is more or less the same but weightings of it are a little lower in the frame so makes a superbly balanced racket, the Pure Storm always seemed a fraction heavy in the head, swings more evenly and nicely through the air than any other racket I've tried. Just do a few air swings at the shop and you will feel the smoothness. The lower part of the hoop is slightly wider than the Pure Storm creating a more plush feel at same tension and maybe lower sweetspot. Overall, the lower swing weight enables better lining up with the ball on court. Serving is little easier and consistent also. Having tried many many racquets this Pure Storm Team is a stand out and really is what a good tennis racket should be. Going to swap from the Pure Storm to the Team version. Great racquet for the majority of club players. Highly recommended
From: Tim. 5/11

Comments: Originally I was not too impressed, but that was due to the strings in the demo racquet. I put my own in on the 2nd hit and boy, what a world of difference. This racquet was made for me. Easy to swing, confidence builder on the ground, and great for serving as well. The racquet also has good feel due to its lower stiffness. If you enjoy lighter player frames, this racquet is worth a look. I ordered 3 today and can't wait to get them. Very nice looking racquets as well.
From: Steve. 5/11
String type and tension: mains/18g poly, crosses/17g Tecnifibre syn gut

Comments: Superb, nice racquet. Very good control and maneuverable.
From: Redzuan, Malaysia. 5/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17 @ 56 lbs

Comments: So I'm a huge Storm fan and used the 2010 Tour GT all last year - won a class tournament with it, but after long days I would get really tired. For the heck of it I bought the Storm GT and right away liked it and will never use a Tour version again. When the 2011 Storm came out I got it (I like the new graphics!), and had some extra money and bought the Team version a few weeks later. Anyways the weights came in pretty much the same on scale, but on the court it swings faster; I got back a few more balls that I would have netted. Serving improved greatly for me. I want to give it more time - but I like it. All the Storms play similar. I'll probably do what John's doing and kind of alternate between the Team and PSGT.
From: David, San Francisco, USA, 4/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast@ 57lbs
NTRP Rating: 3.0-3.5

Comments: Just switched to the Pure Storm GT Team from Pure Storm GT. I'm a smaller framed female player and the Team is a much better fit for me. Although I liked the Pure Storm GT and it worked well for me, I wasn't getting the kind of swingspeed I needed. The Pure Storm GT Team is easier to handle, swing, and maneuver. I don't feel like I've lost anything in switching to the Team, and I have lot more upside than with the Pure Storm GT.
From: Chris, Colorado, USA. 3/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast/VS Gut

Comments: I have been playing with the Pure Storm GT for a while, and recently tried out the new TEAM. To be honest, they are felt very similar, with the TEAM slightly lighter and offering little more power. I am using them alternatively and see how it goes.
From: John, Hong Kong, 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 17 @ 55lbs

Comments: Excellent Racquet. I currently use the Babolat AeroPro Team GT, but wanted a racquet with a more solid feel. I tried the Pure Storm GT and Team GT, finally deciding to go with the Team GT. The PS Team GT had the "pop" that I was use to from the Aero Pro's and had the solid feel I was looking for. The PS Team GT provided a clean and crisp feel on volleys and with its solid frame, I was able to return better against harder serving opponents. This racquet is worth trying.
From: Donnell, VA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17

Comments: Just got my 2011 Pure Storm Team this afternoon and couldn't wait to hit it. I have been using the Pure Storm but felt my lack of a fast speed swing was robbing me of desperately needed power. This new racquet is described as a medium to low power racquet. I immediately felt the power difference on all my strokes. Forehands and backhands were crisp and I least I felt landing deeper in the court. Serves had decent pop and the racquet was very maneuverable at the net. I think the little bit lighter weight of the Team helped me plow through the ball better. I strung mine with Luxilon Power Fluoro at 56lbs. Racquet also delivered great spin. If you are on the fence with the Pure Storm, at least demo the Team.
From: Wayne, AL, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Fluoro 56

Comments: I currently use a Volkl PB9 strung with RPM Blast/Babolat natural gut...love the frame but looking for a little more pop. Tried various Babolat frames in the past, but many feel "boxy" to me... hope that makes sense. Any thoughts on the new Pure Storm Team that might help me?
From: Jim, TX, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17 VS 17
(Jim, try posting this question in the "Racquets" section on our message boards in order to get suggestions and/or answers from fellow players.--TW Staff)

Comments: Really nice racket. Bought the PS Team together with the new PS GT. The Team is very maneuverable. Great feel and very good control. Excellent in the doubles game and when you have an opponent that is not too hard-hitting. Lacks a little power, but in most every other aspects one of the best rackets I have played with. The new PS GT also feels a little bit more solid than the Team. From now on these two rackets will be in the bag. I am a veteran player playing tournaments in the 45-50 group.
From: Lars, Norway, 02/11
String type and tension: Main/cross: 57/59. Babolat RPM Blast 16/VS 16.

2011 Babolat Pure Storm Racquets