Comments: This is a great racquet for advanced level players, but there are a couple things people should know before buying. In my experience if you are stringing this with a poly you should string it lower than the recommended tension. I string mine between 48-53 pounds. Whenever I would string it tighter than this the sweetspot would be too small, and not enough power. You have to be up to date on your string jobs which can be kind of annoying. I restring mine after 5 hours of play. Also, I added around 4g of lead total at the 3 and 9 o clock for more stability.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g @ 50lbs

Comments: I like a lot of control but take big cuts when I play aggressively, and this is a perfect fit for me.
From: Ray, 8/12
String type and tension: Babolat VS Natural Gut mains @ 53 lbs/ Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough crosses @ 55 lbs

Comments: I switched to this from a Wilson k90. The Wilson just had slightly too high of a static and swing weight that would cause me to be late on shots and really work over my arm/shoulder when I played alot. I had hated every Babalot racquet I had tried previously, but I was liking this one from the first stroke. The demanding nature of the k90 always made my weaker shots (one-handed backhand and 2nd serve) unreliable. This racquet helped me develop weapons like a topspin backhand and a kick serve. My putaway forehand wasn't quite what it was with the k90, but the amount of spin I can generate and less weight brought my consistency way up. It has a great feel, and great ability for touch/feel shots thanks to the lower stiffness. Full swings are a requirement, This racquet was made for the aggresive player. This racquet is very fast through the air, very maneuverable. I do recommend 2 grams of lead at 12 for some more spin and pop. I only have one bad thing to say about the racquet, and unfortunantly it's a bad one. Its lacking big time in the stability department. You won't really notice this if you're taking good swings/punches at the ball during groundstrokes/volleys, but those shots you're trying to block back because your out of positon, or chasing down trying to lob it back is where things get frustrating. I've now switched to the Wilson Pro Staff 95. 4grams of lead at 12 and the rest in the handle to get similar specs to this racquet. I now have a racquet with the Wilson feel that I missed, stable as a rock, more spin, and more power(I don't feel like I've sacrificed any control either).
From: Josh, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat VS Team @ 55 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with the Pure Storm GT for almost two years. As much as I loved the control and heavy ball that I could hit with it, I wanted something with a lower swingweight. I tried about 30 different sticks, from the light Dunlop 300 and Head Instinct to the Wilson ProStaff 95 to the Pure Drive Roddick and Wilson Six.One 95. I even bought the Babokat Aero Storm Tour GT. However, the Pure Storm LTD GT was an unexpected treasure! I hit with a full western grip and heavy topspin, so I thought the dense string pattern would be unbearable. Due to the unique specs, however, I gave it a try. I ended up beating a player that I'd only beaten once before. The heft and yet maneuverable feel allowed me to toss my serve farther in front and go get it with much more racquet head speed, resulting in a very deep and much faster serve. On groundies the 9 pts HL balance and lower swingweight allowed me to hit tremendous topspin, while the dense string pattern allowed me to slam flat putaway groundies whenever I felt like it. The amazing control and response from this stick demands that you provide your own power and have very good mechanics, but if that sounds like you, this stick may be for you, too! I feel that I can really hit out in the ball without fear of hitting deep. This is my new stick of choice and I just can't say enough about how controlled, precise, versatile, and fantastic it is. A must demo far players seeking a solid, but maneuverable epic players' stick. Great job Babolat!!!!
From: Aubrey, 7/12

Comments: I've been using this stick for 2 years now, and I can't say enough about how much I love it. My last frame was a K Blade 93, and it felt like a board that required a huge brushing motion on the ball to keep it in play because it had so much power for a player's racquet. This frame gives me the same amount of feel, which is a lot, but it is much more forgiving. The one thing I noticed was that this racquet requires a lot of head speed to hit solid. It wasn't a problem for me, but it might be one for others. This racquet is also by far the most maneuverable frame I have ever used. This thing is really nice to use at the net. Overall, this this by far the best frame made by Babolat.
From: Chase, 7/12

Comments: I own the Ltd. original version, of 2007 I believe, and despite the 12oz weight its very fast and stable. You can be very aggessive even on low and flat balls, as well as add tons of spin on higher shots. If you swing fast and break your wrist the angle and spin generation is amazing. Same goes for the serve. The racquet gives you confidence to be aggressive at will and try low % shots. It's more powerful than most people say, especially if you put 1-3 grams of lead at 12 o'clock. I used to play with Prestiges and the Wilson 6.1 Classic, but I was late on some shots or couldn't attack well when I was tired. The Ltd. gives you all the stability and power but with a fast feeling.
From: Pete, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16g @ 54 lbs

Comments: Everything the advanced players are saying about this racquet I found to be absolutely true. It was very exciting getting the Ltd. GT in the mail. However, this racquet completely bested me from the very first swing! Through the past few days it has been like re-learning how to play tennis since it is such a departure from the racquets of my past. The accuracy and spin generation is impressive especially for an 18x20 pattern @ 95 sq in. Once you dial in and get your swings long and fast, the Ltd. GT will take you and your game soaring to new heights...Fast! I bought it specifically to give me a training tool and whew!...It has been working VERY well for me. As previously stated, running wrist flick swings are puny at best, but then again I am pretty weak. This racquet demands full, fast swings from me in order to make any sort of pace. It took awhile to get used to the 95 sq. in headsize down from my normal 102 sq. in from a heavily lead-weighted Head Light Microgel Monster. Bottom line, if you are an advanced player this racquet will feel like an extension of your arm...astounding! If you are of intermediate skill level, don't fear the beast, work on accuracy and swinging long and fast with good form and footwork and you'll get better fast!
From: Kevin, 6/12
String tension: Mains 53 lbs / Crosses 50 lbs

Comments: Great racquet. I always 'kinda' liked the standard Babolat Pure Storm but felt that racquet had too much flex which negatively affected my 2-handed back-hand and return. The limited version is definitely stiffer which makes it near perfect in my eyes. I also like the smaller head size (95 vs 98) that allows for better plow thru IMO. The limited is also light enough to allow for customization, which it needs, I added a small amount of lead tape at the 10 and 12 positions. The limited is certainly more controlled oriented than the standard version and thus less powerful. I have come to prefer less powerful racquets strung loosely; the Pure Storm Limited fits the bill!
From: Drii, 3/12

Comments: I sold this racquet last year because it didn't have the spin potential that I wanted, but I recently got to use it again. My form has changed, I started hitting much flatter and now all the balls go in magically. The string set up was different too; I switched from pro hurricane regular 16 to pro hurricane tour 17. Even though I hit flatter, I can still rip a lot of spin when I need to. The racquet is so stable and swings light. I'm an all around player, but I tend to offensive baseline a bit more than serve and volleying and counter punching. I have a long swing, one handed back hand held with eastern backhand and semi western forehand on the more conservative side. I have a big serve even though I'm relatively short (5'6") and a really high kicker for second. I'm going to switch back to this racquet from my head speed 16x19.
From: JayJay, 1/12

Comments: I first tried this with my normal Luxilon ALU 55lb main/52lb cross set up. It was difficult to hit the ball out of the court. Great control and stability. Decent spin. Great control on flat shots. This racquet forces you to step in with a full swing to generate power. Hitting shots on the run was difficult. I tweaked the string set up based on some of the reviews I read. I went with a 17L poly set up this time at 50lb main/47lb cross and this thing hits like a dream without sacrificing that great control and feel. I'm hitting a heavier ball with lots of spin and pace without sacrificing any consistency. This thing is just awesome. DO NOT GO with a standard 55lb string set up. Low tension and thin gauge is the way to go!!

Comments: From the switch between my Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus, I really liked this racquet. I had no trouble adjusting. This racquet is very control friendly and still gives me a good deal of power. Feels really good on serves and really stable at the net. Only con would be my backhand slice. I tend to hit the frame a lot due to the smaller headsize. I demoed this racquet before purchasing it, and had to buy it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this racquet.
From: Charles, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16g, 58 lbs

Comments: I never really liked the Babolat Pure Storms. I tried this racquet and I loved it. I love the specs of this racquet because it fits me really well. I am a all around player. From the first shot this racquet amazed me for feel to performance, but I was upset with my backhand slice. I used to use the Head Youtek Speed 18x20.
From: Tommy, 11/11

Comments: I am a Wilson guy all the way. I use the Wilson BLX Six.One 95 which is a very open string pattern. One of my friends gave me his Babolat stick so I thought I'd try it. At first I didn't like it but then I broke the strings that were on the racquet within a set so I decided to string it myself but with a twist. For the crosses on top, I strung the first cross, skipped the second, strung the third and skipped the fourth. This opened up the frame a bit more and gave me a little bit more power and spin. In general, I liked the racquet but not enough to switch.
String type and tension: Kevlar in mains, Wilson Sensation in crosses, 52lbs

Comments:This is a fantastic racquet, I recently switched from the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT looking for a more controlled racquet and found that the Babolat Pure Storm GT Ltd. is super at net and with directional play. On groundstrokes it takes more effort and skill to get what you want but it's results are fantastic. Super racquet for getting what you want out of yourself.
From: Norman, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 55 lbs

Comments: I really like this racquet a lot with the Babolat RPM Blast string because it allows me to hit the ball a bit harder but still have the same amount of topspin on the ball. I used to use the Head Microgel Radical MP which was a little to loose and very light. This racquet is a little heavier and stiffer which I like. I am a 5.0 level player and I think the racquet is better for people in the 4.5 to 6.0 level of play. I really like the stick!
From: Tyler, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast strung at 59 lb

Comments: Great racquet! Just switched from volkl dnx10 mid that is no longer available. I'm an old school serve and volleyer (43) that plays extensive doubles. Pinpoint precision, and serves are on the money. I look forward to trying a thinner gauge to generate spin.
From: Dale, 10/11
String type and tension: Synthetic Gut 16g @ 58 lbs

Comments: This solid frame is the best for the extra flat, eastern grip in the forehand but the only trouble is adjusting my two handed backhand but still sweet racquet does everything well if you supply your own power. I give it a 10 out of 10!
From: Sebastian, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 16, Babolat Revenge 16

Comments: Be careful before buying! I thought I loved this frame when I started playing because of the buttery feel and solid plow though, but after about 7 months of play I'm now very frustrated with the tiny sweet spot and unforgiving feel. I play number 2 varsity singles at a 5A school, and have solid swing mechanics but this racquet still was to much for my small body frame.
From: Jake, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel at 58 lbs

Comments: I just demoed this one with 3 other racquets from TW. Will be putting an order next week for a pair. I currently have a Volkl V- Engine. The first time I hit with this Babolat it went on the bench after 5 shots because all 5 shots hit the net. After a few more attempts later, I got the hang of it. As people say - no power. Once you bring your own power to it - whew, what a frame! I surprised myself and my hitting buddy with volleys I was pulling with this thing it's so stable and maneuverable at net. I also liked serving with it - hard to miss the box for sure. Control is ridiculously good. Super stable on returns and at the net, as I mentioned above. I loved returning with it. I was able to generate good spin with it off the ground. In fact the spin was fairly effortless unlike the flat drives. I used a dampener in it. The audible pop it makes on flat drives and serves is absolutely addicting. Has a ton of feel - very soft frame.
String type and tension: Gosen Polylon Ice 16
NTRP Rating: 4+

Comments: I am returning to tennis after an 18-year layoff. I played competitively up to and into college, and then left the game completely due to injuries and desire to do something else. Coming back, I looked to several racquets, the best of which is the Pure Storm GT Ltd. My game used to be significant power but I would often lack control. Within 6 weeks of coming back, I can see the control this racquet brings. I can hit a hard shot (take a full swing) and put reasonable spin on it and place it very well - something I recall was difficult to do with the old racquets to 2 decades ago! Serve is strong, easy to place, but lacks a bit of power (that could be me - 20 yrs older!) Overall, I'm very happy with this racquet. Buy this if you can generate the power and want more control. If you want more power, you should probably look elsewhere.
From: DT. 7/11
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut @ 58/60 lbs

Comments: This Limited version is very different from regular Pure Storm. It is SERIOUSLY an underpowered racquet. It feels great when you put your body weight into the shot, as well as serve, slice and volley. Unfortunately, it is not helpful when scrambling or stretched.Forget running forehand - wrist flick would not work. Combination of closed pattern - head light and high flexibility puts great demand of footwork and mobility. Anything less then full swing with perfect weight transfer produces mediocre shots.
From: Eugene. 6/11
String type and tension: Gosen TecGut at 50 lbs and E-Matrix at 53 lbs.

Comments: I demoed this racquet and it has amazing control. I really liked how this racquet improved my backhand. This racquet does not have very much power, however, so when I order mine, I plan on stringing it very loosely. Overall a great racquet with lots of control and feel. Matt. 6/11
From: NTRP Rating: 4.0

Comments: It's has been a big question to me for quite a long time. I have visited the TW Europe website, they are also selling this racquet. The spec are mostly the same, however, they stated the stiffness to be 63. May I know the actual stiffness? As I prefer racquets with stiffness below or just above 60.
From: Henry, 02/11
(Henry, we measured this racquet to have a stiffness rating of 59.--TW Staff)

Comments: Is this racquet scheduled to be playtested? I hear that this is a great frame, but I would like a more professional/analytical opinion.
From: Patrick, Charlotte, NC, USA, 01/11
(Patrick, we will not be doing a review with the full team, however Spencer will be doing a video review on it soon.--TW Staff)

Comments: Superb!! Ive been hitting this racquet for 3 weeks and I feel the difference to my older one.. It helps me improve my serves, control and volley. It adds kick to my spin. It feels great in my hand!! Fantastic!!
From: Bernard, Doha, Qatar, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16/60

Comments: I have had this racquet for about 4 months now, and I love it. I am a high school player, and I love this racquet. My backhand improved a ton after I bought this racquet. Also my serves probably got 15-20mph faster because of the racquet and its power.
From: Zach, New Albany, IN, USA, 12/10
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I bought this racket few months back and I liked it very much. I switched to this one from a lighter, 98 sq inch Babolat Aero Storm Cortex, and I could see the difference in my game. This one being bit more heavier and bit smaller head size, I'm getting very good control and my powerful slice serves are more consistent. This racket helped me improve my two handed backhand.
From: Ajith, Milpitas, CA, USA, 12/10

Comments: I usually play with the Wilson BLX 6.1 Tour and wanted to try something a little more maneuverable... Although the Storm Ltd is easier to swing I feel like you have to work harder and swing faster because it doesn't have the plow through or that feel that gets your balls near the baseline consistently. Very low powered and sometimes even when you miss hit it felling it will go long it still goes in. Pretty good control but not sure this would be a good racket for a baseliner or all court player.
From: Joey, Burbank, CA, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Demo Racket
Headsize: 95 inch

Comments: Absolutely fantastic! Great racquet, I switched over from my head liquid metal radical and never looked back. I was looking for a smaller head size with more control and spin, and that's exactly what I got. This racquet has excellent control, I could place my shots precisely and with authority, AND with plenty of spin on it. This racquet has great plow through and stability with its heavy weight and small head, so serve returns weren't a problem and I can hit deeply with much control consistently. The tight string pattern helped with spin and control letting me hit nasty kick serves up the T, and could place shots from the net with ease. The only thing that I think they could have done better with was the feel, it was pretty good, but gamma stinger on my head was better, yet, it is still pretty good. Overall this racquet is fantastic, it has given me confidence to hit hard without sending balls long, and has overall improved my game, Babolat has done a great job with this racquet and I will be buying from them in the future
From: Sam, Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 16 duraflex purple @ 56 lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet thinking it would be great. This racquet just does not have enough spin... The dense string pattern really ruined my game. I couldn't hit an ordinary forehand with it. It would go long.

Comments: I switched from the Babolat Pure Drive. As much as I loved that racquet, I was looking for a racquet with a little more control and a smaller head size. Demoed a bunch of 95 sq inch string bed racquets and even the Dunlop 90 sq inch. This one stood out as having the most comfortable feel with its sweet spot and best overall control. It's a super racquet. After playing with it throughout the summer and in tournaments, I do have a couple of caveats. I think it delivers a little less pop on the serve than the Babolat Pure Drive and low volleys are even more problematic. The benefit is you can really swing out when in position and hit short balls with more control and accuracy.
From: Jan, Woodstock, VT, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon 17 gauge (main) 57; NXT Tour 17 gauge (cross)

Comments: It took me a couple days to get used to this racquet. Groundstrokes feel really good and have a lot of pop. If you get used to this racquet the ball magically stays in every stroke you make. Service is one of my favorite strokes with this racquet. The dense pattern doesn't bite the ball as well but if you get used to it the spin can be deadly. One thing that I have to argue about is the backhand slice. The slices float and usually don't have much pace. Volley is average.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane at 59

Comments: This is the best racquet I have ever used. My groundstrokes have way more pop, I have huge kick and flat serves, and slice like butter.
From: Zack, Dallas, Tx, 10/10
String type and tension: Prince Recoil 57

Comments: I'm in the process of looking for a new racquet, I currently play with a Head iPrestige Mid, and I have always enjoyed these types of small, hefty players sticks. Having said that, this one misses the mark with me. It has a very solid feel on groundies, but precision is a must. Volleys are crisp and accurate, but where I found the biggest weakness was hitting serves with this racquet. Serves, to me, felt dead and came off extremely flat. The string pattern being 18x20 gives decent access to spin, but for such a hefty stick it is a tad bit unstable on off center hits, more than one might typically expect. The small head size and heft do give excellent control and great feel, but again, I found the sweet spot, especially for a small head racquet, lacking. This is worth a demo, but again, don't be surprised if you can't tame this one. Overall, I give it a C+.
From: Owen, Cody, WY, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Synthetic
Headsize: 95 sq in

Comments: I loved hitting with this racquet. It is very low powered so it's an average need not apply if you don't get good power. Having said that it is loaded with feel and is very stable along with exceptional control. I would say that hitting groundies is the best part with the angle I can get with it. Nothing special on serve really and I never go up to net but when I did I hit them with pinpoint precision. All and all I may very well switch to this.
From: Zach, Sherwod, Oregon, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: Really like my 2 new PS GT Ltd, one strung with Babolat RPM Blast and the other with Alu Power both at 52 lbs. I always enjoyed hit the ball at baseline with own power and yes, this racquet just gives your shot more angle (compared to my i.prestige L6). Very suitable for one handed backhand:-) You will see how your serves improve, feel the ball staying on the web and put it wherever you want to.
From: Alex, Bayreuth, Germany, 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 52/52; Luxilon Alu Power 52/52
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: Probably the only racquet in the current line of Babolats that I enjoy hitting with. This racquet is low powered, however if you can generate your own power, you will definitely appreciate the level of control it gives you. It feels very light when swinging, however the heft is there to provide stability. I highly recommend!
From: Ryan, Portland, OR, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 17 @ 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: ~4.0

Comments: Loved the racquet. I played with the original ever since it came out, and was all too ready to upgrade. It might just be me, but it seems like this stick is a little heavier than the first. Took me only 2 days to adapt, and I love it. I'd recommend this stick to anyone looking for the control of a player's racquet, but not the stiffness of the BLX 95.
From: Tyler, Branford, CT, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 60lbs

Comments: This racquet fits my game perfectly. If you are a strong player who wants to be able to swing out while still maintaining pinpoint control, look no further. I love to take a full cut at the ball and this racquet allows for that without sacrificing any control. I have tweaked with lead tape and various strings but what works best for me is un-leaded, full poly, thin gauge, LOW tension string job. When I say low I mean right around 42-47 pounds. You will be amazed at how much spin you can generate with this dense string pattern. I am coming from Volkl racquets (Tour 10 and C9 Pro) and this racquet is superior in every way. It has a unique blend of heft (11.9oz strung) while still giving you a head light (9 pts) frame. It also FORCES you to use good form as it will reward you with amazing control. Get lazy with it, and you will be spraying shots all over the court. It has improved my form, footwork, and overall game and I can finally say I have found a racquet I will stick with for a long, long time.
From: Brad, Fort Wayne, IN, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Weisscannon Turbo Twist Mains/MSV Focus-Hex 1.18 Crosses @ 47 lbs.
Headsize: 95 sq in

Comments: The Babolat has nice heft to generate power, but it is head light enough to allow you to generate great racquet speed when you need to whip through the ball on serves and approaches. It is solid on groundstrokes; strong on volleys; and great on serves (note all the positive comments on serves in the other posts). Maybe it's the flexibility of the frame? In any case, demo this racquet; you owe it to yourself to try it. On the recommendation of my teaching pro, I replaced my Wilson BLX 6.1 Tour with this racquet earlier this year. I went from an unforgiving, heavy, shoulder-hurting, string-breaking, walnut-sized sweetspot-having racquet to a much more forgiving and fun to play with frame.
From: John, Dallas, Texas, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 17 at 58#

Comments: I had a review here before. After changing string to 52lb, and two months into playing, I can confirm that this is the best stick out of my previous dozen of different brands for 3 reasons:
1. It has superb control, club players will gain more pleasure by making less unforced errors.
2. This is a 24/7 coach. It cheers on all you correct moves, and punishes you on the slightest lack of form or early preparation. My games has been improved because of the demanding nature of the stick. Contrary to other recommendation that this stick is for NTRP 4 or above, I would recommend it to any player who has controlled their baseline strokes, this stick will force you to improve your forms.
3. It is a better stick for small build players, particularly for Asian who are typically 10-20cm shorter and 10kg less compare to western players. It simply doesn't make sense for smaller build players trying those sticks by top players as seen on tv. Chasing fashion does not improve your game.
From: Xiaoping, China 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction at 52 lbs

Comments: Using a full Luxilon ALU setup at lower tensions, the racquet is actually not as soft as what others (and the stiffness rating) makes it. It filters out most of the higher frequency vibrations, which you can call "soft" in a way, but you still feel much of the ball impact shock compared to my Wilson KF Tour 90. You feel it after a while on the wrist. It feels very similar to the older Pure Storm but with less higher frequency vibrations. The balance and weight is nice. More power than a MG Prestige but less than a Bab. Pure Drive or aero pro drive. The spin is adequate but less than my Tour 90.
From: Nori, New York, NY USA 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU, 51/49

Comments: A brilliant racquet that feels very different from other Babolat racquets like the aero pro series. I am a counter puncher and tend to hit flatter shots. This racquet when strung with poly strings like pro hurricane gave power and absolute control (I even strung it below recommended tension). After changing to co polyesters it provided me with great feel on volleys and sufficient topspin for groundstrokes. for service, it is one racquet that you will be able to hit great kickers with thanks to the dense string pattern. The weight is manageable.
From: Jeremy, Nashville, U.S. 01/10
String type and tension: Signum pro tornado 17, natural gut 17

Comments: ONE word Awesome! This racquet is such a great racquet I went out and purchased three. This racquet is very control oriented. I love the feel and control this racket had. I am a competitive junior and I just made the switch to this! If you can supply your own power this is your racquet!!!
From: Zach, Indio 12/09 String type and tension: Prince premiere 16 at 55 Headsize:95 NTRP Rating: 4.5

Comments: Great stick for the control oriented player, who relies on his own power. This is definitely not a tweener frame compared to the pure drive series. If you want a blend of power and control, demo the Pure Storm Tour GT because the Ltd. stick is meant for control and not power. There are some people who say this stick is too weak, but for my style it is perfect because I like to hit a heavy ball with a lot of pace. The racquet feels stable on serves and it is harder to generate power, however I could direct the ball anywhere I want. On volleys it was a joy to hit with as it felt solid especially on touch shots. On my FH side it was a joy to hit with as I could flatten out the ball easily because of the dense 18x20 string pattern and also to my surprise it wasn't difficult to produce topspin with the LTD. However on my BH it was a little harder to produce spin, but had no problem hitting flat. Overall this racquet is a great racquet that has pretty good feel, has great control, and is definitely meant for players who produce their own power because the racquet will not provide the power for them.
From: David, CA, United States 12/09
String type and tension: 59lbs

Comments: Played the PS Tour 98 for almost 2 years. Lost lots of pop because of the swingweight especially coming from the PD before that. PS Tour GT is the perfect mix, a little more headlight but overall weight is a tad under 12oz. Very solid on volleys and lots of control on the groundies. The nice thing about this stick is that if you wanna open up the shoulders and rip it, it will respond as well. 18x20 string pattern is not an issue if you are worried about spin. I've got one laced up with Revenge 16 and another with 17. Virtually no difference in playability. I prefer the 16 actually. Very satisfied with this stick. Balance and feel remind me of the PS Original 85 from back in the day without the heft of course.
From: Daniel, Toronto, Canada 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16 and 17

Comments: I bought one after reading all the great comments here. At first try, it feel no power at all, I had difficulty to deliver the ball to base line. Compare to an old stick, (Head i prestige L6) this one need a much swifter swing to generate the depth. Will try to reduce the tension and see how it improves.
From: Xiaoping, China 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 55 lbs

Comments: I'm a hard hitting base liner and used to play with the Wilson K6.1 95 (16x18)and this stick eventually led me to tennis elbow and a sore wrist. I bought the Wilson stick for the purpose of control, but once I started playing that racquet, it was too powerful, unstable and very stiff. It didn't have good feel and there was no comfort at all. So I sold it and bought a PS Ltd GT and now I am very happy with this stick. The PS Ltd GT has good feel, good control, and I can hit a very heavy ball that really penetrates the court. Since this stick has plenty of control, I can rip ball cross court, down the line, and I don't have to worry about the ball going out. I was worried about the lack of spin, but the 18x20 string pattern still gave me plenty of spin and since I'm a string breaker, this pattern helped me avoid buying new strings. I've used tweener frames such as the PDR or the APD, and loved the stiff feel, but not anymore because I've realized that having a soft, flexy feel can really make Tennis more enjoyable!
From: Joseph, CA, USA. 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge String 17 gauge, 58 lbs
Headsize:95 sq. inches

Comments: Almost no power with this racquet. I recommend this for a very strong player with intense racquet head speed. If you hit with a western grip don't buy it, no power at all.

Comments: Well, I've tried almost every big name frame out there, and I've settled on this stick. It's extremely solid from all aspects. Feels crisp yet soft at the same time. Huge improvement over the old ltd. in my opinion. I'm really able to feel the ball well. But definitely demo this before buying it since it is a player's frame. At first when I tried this I wouldn't even play with it in tournaments, because it was so demanding and felt so strange in my hand. Now, I won't play a match without it. Heaven in my hand. Great job, Babolat!
From: Rob, middle states. 11/09
String type and tension: Gamma Zo power mains and gut crosses

Comments: I demoed this racquet after playing with the k6.1 and kblade 98. Feels great. Incredibly solid. You have to swing hard to get pace. It's very solid for volleys. It's an all around great racquet and so solid on the baseline and net.
From: JOHN, GA USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Gamma Zo and synthetic 60

Comments: What a great racquet! Definitely a more control-oriented stick, but I'm still surprised that you can still generate a great deal of spin with the 18x20 string pattern. I currently have one strung up with MSV Focus Hex 18L (1.10 mm) and Gosen OG Sheep in the crosses. It feels great! I'm coming from the Prestige Classic 600 and I think I've finally found it's replacement. I'm surprised how well this thing serves, even with the tight string pattern. Babolat's grips tend to run slightly bigger than Head's -- just FYI.
From: Chris, Leesburg, VA 10/09
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 18L mains, Gosen OG Sheep 17 crosses
Headsize: 95 sq. in.

Comments: Amazing feel. I purchased this racket after demoing the previous version of it for a week. Amazing feel and flexibility with pin point accuracy on ground strokes and servers. Volleys are perfect. I have NXT Tour 18 on it. If you hit through the ball, it produces wonders. Flat strokes are great especially return of serves. If you are below 4.0 NTRP, forget about using this racket.
From: Hari, Denver, CO USA 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 18, 57 lbs

Comments: Read all of the above reviews and decided to purchase this racquet - It feels excellent! Plenty of control with power when needed. The 18x20 string pattern is great for my control, for I hit with a full swing. I can truly "hit out" and not worry, the spin and slice are are just as nice as the topspin.
From: Chris, Walnut, CA 09/09
String type and tension: Gamma TNT 17ga 62lbs

Comments: The Pure Storm Ltd. is the best racquet I've ever hit with. Very solid and nice feel from baseline. Very maneuverable at net gives a good punch. Serves are amazing! All around amazing solid stick.
From: Isak, Missoula MT USA 09/09
String type and tension: Strung with Babolat Addiction at 58 lbs.
Headsize:95 sq. in.

Comments: I used to hit with the older Babolat pure storm ltd, microgel prestige pro 98, and the k pro staff 88. But this racquet has to be by far the most amazing racquet for me, I've been able to get my serves up to 98 and almost 100mph. All my volleys now land exactly where I want them to, the touch is amazing. And with this racquet no matter how hard you let it rip the ball will stay in the court. It adds just the slight bit of control that lets you generate as much power as you want and the topspin will come almost naturally. I've also got to say the revenge strings have now become my all time favorite, it balances the control of the pure storm with just the right amount of power and it feels really smooth, strung to a tension of 60, the pure storm ltd gt + Babolats revenge string 16 gauge lives up to the title of the "perfect storm".
From: Stephen, TX, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16 gauge 60

Comments: Just demoed this racket and love it! I went ahead and bought a couple of them but suddenly realized that it will take a few weeks to really get use to it and compete with them. A few weeks later I have no regrets. This racket keeps you honest with your form and timing, which you should do. I found the perfect tension, which is lower for me with a poly and it just has the most solid feel to it. Just wonderful and I'm loving the game again. This is very much a players racket and maybe suited for someone 4.0 and up. Try it out and give this stick a chance.
From: Anon, CA, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: MSV hex 56lbs

Comments: I have been hitting with this racquet for few weeks now. Originally played with the older version of this. Love the new frame, tons of feel and control, great on serve and better you are the better it responds. I would recommended for 4.0 + players IMO.
From: Alex, Mexico 09/09

Comments: Excellent control racquet with very good pop provided you have a long full stroke. Don't let the 18x20 string pattern concern you as this racquet provides great topspin and slice. Very stable and able to handle the pace of heavy topspin ground strokes without twisting. I was able to get extra kick on my topspin serve and real bite on the slice out wide. Crisp volleys with a slightly muted feel, was able to adapt quickly. Good weight and balance.
From: David, Atlanta, GA, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase , 60 lbs

Comments: I have been using the original Ltd. for six mos. and I have been very pleased with its all around performance. The new GT is another excellent frame, however, it feels a bit heavier and it is an even more demanding player's racquet. In short I will offer that the new GT seems to compress the ball more and allows you to hit a heavier ball on offense, however, I found that I was having to give up ground on the defensive side. When you need to react quickly because you have been forced out of position in a rally the GT will not allow you to neutralize the point as easily as the original will. I also found that it takes more effort to produce a strong kick serve which takes its toll over a multi set match.
From: Joe, Albany NY USA 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU 58M Gosen Micro Sheep 16 @ 61X

Comments: The new pure storm gt is maybe the best Babolat yet for control and power the balance is great on it. Especially if you get the revenge strings you get tons of spin on it and power with them it's just a great racquet.
From: Nehemiah, Killeen, TX, USA, 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat revenge string 59
Headsize: 95 sq. inches

Comments: Small sweetspot. Amazing on serve. Decent spin. Tons of control. Volleys were crisp.
From: Jason, grand forks, nd, usa. 8/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour/addiction @ 60

Comments: I have been hitting with this racquet for a week now, and I think it feels pretty good. Very solid on ground strokes, and it feels right at home at the net. It feels more stable at net than the Pure Storm Ltd., which is nice. This is definitely a racquet that I have to concentrate on my shots with. When I am hitting good, it's really good, but if I'm off, fugget'a bout it. Balls start to spray all over. This is a "bring your own power" stick, which is what I like, but this racquet needs to be played at 100% all the time. The 18x20 string pattern felt very consistent, it has a nice controlled feel to it. All in all I like the racquet, when I am fresh it feels great, when I start to get tired, it is a little above my ability.
From: Mark, WA, USA. 8/09