Comments: Certainly a very interesting frame to hit with. The control and maneuverability are pretty amazing and the comfort is exceptional. But coming from a more powerful and stiffer players' frame, the Wilson Six.One Tour 90, this Pure Storm Ltd is a bit underpowered for my taste. Even adding lead to the frame doesn't help a great deal because the inherent tight string pattern and low flex, dampened feel of the frame. I don't think I will switch to this racquet, but certainly a great racquet if you need control in your game.
From: Anakin, 10/13

Comments: My son is a high-level middle school tennis player and bought one of these to try it out. He had been using a Wilson Pro-Staff 95 and his game immediately improved. His weakest area was volleys and these dramatically improved and the rest of his shots gained consistency and spin. After seeing this change, I thought I would try his out and was greatly impressed with it. I am a 5.0 level player and for me the racquet has the ideal level of control and feel that gives you the ability to open up and take big cuts at the ball while controlling it. The feedback the racquet provides is first-class and lets one know exactly what you hit. Many years ago I played in the Euro sat tour and was sponsored by Head. I did not play for almost 20 years and when my son started playing, I took up tennis once again. I tried many racquets in the past couple of years and until now I just could not find one that provided real feel, absolute control and yet allow you to hit hard and not feel that you were going to hit the ball over the fence. Now between the two of us we own five of them. This racquet is not for everyone. If you have developed strokes and can generate good power, give this racquet a try. You will not be disappointed.

Comments: I bought this racquet from Tennis Warehouse without hitting it. Just relied on the reviews and video review. I am so blown away with the immediate impact of all aspects of my game. The feel and control are unmatched. I am able to generate my own pace, so the low power isn't a concern. Take a rip and watch the ball dive before the base line. At net, it is easy to move and direct shots. On serve, it is a little less powerful, but first serve percentage has gone up with just a small amount of pace lost. Second server percentage, with lots of kick, is way up. Double faults are very few in a three set match and are only usually my fault for not concentrating. Do not hesitate to get this racquet if you are a physically stronger player that is looking for a racquet you can rip and not worry about floaters.
From: Tim, 7/13

Comments: I'm about a 3.5 player and always like to keep what I call a "measuring stick" -- something more traditional and precise for use in practice to gauge my progress on swing, footwork, etc. The BPS Ltd. GT is one I kept in my bag for a while. This is an interesting stick in that it has a relatively low swing weight for a players racquet, which makes it a lot easier to swing than other player sticks. While easier to swing, I did notice that for me it didn't produce those heavy balls you get from a more traditionally spec'd racquet. You definitely need to be in the right position and bring your own power. However, control with the BST Ltd. GT is definitely very good. I think sweet spot is about average. I would have never played with the racquet in a match but enjoyed practicing with it. I found another players stick, the Head IG Prestige Pro, that has a little more of everything that I like. If you're a better player looking for a full time weapon or a developing player looking for a measuring stick, the Babolat PS Ltd. GT is one you ought to demo.
From: Bruce, 6/13

Comments: I'm a 4.0 player with a strong full western forehand and I love to nail inside out forehands. I have this stick strung up with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour/Babolat VS at 59/62 lbs. This past year I've been trying different sticks to find one that fit my game. Originally I was playing with the HEAD Speed Pro from 2009, but the swingweight was killing my shoulder, so I switched to the HEAD Graphene Speed Pro, and found it too unstable due to the head size. After that I went to the previous Aero Pro Drive, and the Pure Drive before finally finding this beauty of a stick. The mass of the racquet is just right and the swingweight is low, allowing the player to simply rip shots with pinpoint accuracy. I never really feel myself getting pushed around on the forehand side, but my backhand has taken a hit (something I'm working to fix) from the lower power and small headsize. So my strength is improved greatly, but my weakness has gotten weaker.
From: Tucker, 5/13

Comments: The PS Ltd. is a perfect blank canvas to customize a players racquet however you like. The Yonex RDS1 90 was my favorite racquets, but, Yonex stopped making it. So, I used TW's learning center to calculate swingweights (thanks TW!) and customized the 2009 PS Ltd. to be exactly like my RDS1. With 8g of lead tape in the right spots, my swingweight specs are now identical to the RDS1 (329). I actually like PS Ltd. better now. The 95 sq in headsize is a bit more forgiving and I can attack short balls much more aggressively. There is no question that this racquet requires a full swing every time. Lazy swings turn into balls in the net. But, when I swing away, the control is amazing (the power is up to me). There's not much pop on serves (more than RDS1 though), so I rely on placement and angles with success. This racquet is extremely arm-friendly, at least with the weight I'm using. My calculation of the base specs are 11 pts HL and a 301 Swingweight. I customized it to 8pts HL and a 329 swingweight. I'm using Tonic 16 gut at 55 lbs. and all is good.
From: Scott, 5/13

Comments: Unfortunately, this racquet got the best of me. When I hit with it for the first time, and many times there after, I could not believe the control I was able to get. After purchasing two however, I quickly learned how demanding these frames are. For positives, my arm never hurt with this frame. Whipping through the ball is easy, and hitting too deep is not a problem. As for negatives, without complete focus, the small sweetspot is too unforgiving and the frame is too underpowered. If you question your game the least bit, I would not recommend this racquet. But if you are confident in your game, and maybe into customizing frames, this racquet maybe for you.
From: Jesse, 1/13

Comments: Mine came with 14 grams more than the specs stated, and it was too heavy for me. Besides that this is a very, very good racquet. Great feel, power and control, and the rest is your play.
From: Alberto, 12/12
String type and tension: Signum Pro @ 52/46 lbs

Comments: I am trying many raquects at the same time, and keep on coming back to this Pure Storm Ltd GT. Despite of its weight, it actually feels lighter than some 300g requects due to its light head. It's great fun to play with as it calls for your full focus to make the most correct form and movement, like working with a coach.
From: Xiaoping, 10/12

Comments: Coming from a racquet that does more of the work for you is a bit of a transition, but if you're serious about finding more feel and control I strongly suggest a few demo sessions with this stick. The racquet power reduction is noticeable, but it's not as significant as many say if you hit proper strokes and get behind your shots. The number of clean winners I'm able to hit with a Pure Storm GT is not much more, if any, than with the Pure Storm LTD GT. Spin is completely up to the player. It's entirely possible to hit flat or with a good amount of topspin depending on what you want. With this stick, you are in complete control of every aspect in your game. It's a bit demanding and you need to swing with full confidence, but when you do, the payoff is significant. The bottom line is this racquet can be your best friend or your worst enemy.
From: Ryan, 9/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast mains @ 52lbs / Syn Gut crosses @ 55lbs

Comments: I love this racquet but would like to add one thing to this review. I have three of the 2009 version and two of the 2011 version. I have them all customized the exact same, same strings and tension on all but for those that say these racquets are exactly alike IMO opinion are incorrect. The 2009 feels heavier and seems to be made from a slightly different material. It has more plow through and feels more solid. The 2011 version seems to be made of a cheaper material and has a lighter feel to it, but is more arm friendly. You might need to be at a certain level to notice the subtle differences but I won't play with 2009 and 2011 on the same day any longer.
From: TJ, 8/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code mains @ 48 lbs / X-One Biphase crosses @ 50 lbs

Comments: Geez this is a good racquet. Best Babolat racquet I've ever hit with, and I think it's because the feel of it is just so different from the other Babolat racquets. So much more connection to the ball, still a tad muted (Babolat's influence is still in this racquet), but man, just one of the sweetest feeling racquets I've ever played with. Even though it's string pattern is extraordinarily tight, I found a extremely large amount of spin from it (again another Babolat custom), hitting some really nice topspin winners and twist serves. Leather grip, which I like, and the mass of the racquet just really plows the ball (don't really feel it though). Swingweight is low so maneuverability is great, volleys could really just let the racquet punch the ball back, not really having to do a lot of work. Comparing it to my Wilson Six.One 95, feels a tad more muted and easier to swing, and better for spin. Great racquet, I think it's a step in the right direction for Babolat's player frames!
String type and tension: Kirschbaum P2 Red, 52 lbs

Comments: I switched to this from a Wilson k90. The Wilson just had slightly too high of a static and swing weight that would cause me to be late on shots and really work over my arm/shoulder when I played alot. I had hated every Babalot racquet I had tried previously, but I was liking this one from the first stroke. The demanding nature of the k90 always made my weaker shots (one-handed backhand and 2nd serve) unreliable. This racquet helped me develop weapons like a topspin backhand and a kick serve. My putaway forehand wasn't quite what it was with the k90, but the amount of spin I can generate and less weight brought my consistency way up. It has a great feel, and great ability for touch/feel shots thanks to the lower stiffness. Full swings are a requirement, This racquet was made for the aggresive player. This racquet is very fast through the air, very maneuverable. I do recommend 2 grams of lead at 12 for some more spin and pop. I only have one bad thing to say about the racquet, and unfortunantly it's a bad one. Its lacking big time in the stability department. You won't really notice this if you're taking good swings/punches at the ball during groundstrokes/volleys, but those shots you're trying to block back because your out of positon, or chasing down trying to lob it back is where things get frustrating. I've now switched to the Wilson Pro Staff 95. 4grams of lead at 12 and the rest in the handle to get similar specs to this racquet. I now have a racquet with the Wilson feel that I missed, stable as a rock, more spin, and more power(I don't feel like I've sacrificed any control either).
From: Josh, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat VS Team @ 55 lbs

Comments: I've been playing with the Pure Storm GT for almost two years. As much as I loved the control and heavy ball that I could hit with it, I wanted something with a lower swingweight. I tried about 30 different sticks, from the light Dunlop 300 and Head Instinct to the Wilson ProStaff 95 to the Pure Drive Roddick and Wilson Six.One 95. I even bought the Babokat Aero Storm Tour GT. However, the Pure Storm LTD GT was an unexpected treasure! I hit with a full western grip and heavy topspin, so I thought the dense string pattern would be unbearable. Due to the unique specs, however, I gave it a try. I ended up beating a player that I'd only beaten once before. The heft and yet maneuverable feel allowed me to toss my serve farther in front and go get it with much more racquet head speed, resulting in a very deep and much faster serve. On groundies the 9 pts HL balance and lower swingweight allowed me to hit tremendous topspin, while the dense string pattern allowed me to slam flat putaway groundies whenever I felt like it. The amazing control and response from this stick demands that you provide your own power and have very good mechanics, but if that sounds like you, this stick may be for you, too! I feel that I can really hit out in the ball without fear of hitting deep. This is my new stick of choice and I just can't say enough about how controlled, precise, versatile, and fantastic it is. A must demo far players seeking a solid, but maneuverable epic players' stick. Great job Babolat!!!!
From: Aubrey, 7/12

Comments: Everything the advanced players are saying about this racquet I found to be absolutely true. It was very exciting getting the Ltd. GT in the mail. However, this racquet completely bested me from the very first swing! Through the past few days it has been like re-learning how to play tennis since it is such a departure from the racquets of my past. The accuracy and spin generation is impressive especially for an 18x20 pattern @ 95 sq in. Once you dial in and get your swings long and fast, the Ltd. GT will take you and your game soaring to new heights...Fast! I bought it specifically to give me a training tool and whew!...It has been working VERY well for me. As previously stated, running wrist flick swings are puny at best, but then again I am pretty weak. This racquet demands full, fast swings from me in order to make any sort of pace. It took awhile to get used to the 95 sq. in headsize down from my normal 102 sq. in from a heavily lead-weighted Head Light Microgel Monster. Bottom line, if you are an advanced player this racquet will feel like an extension of your arm...astounding! If you are of intermediate skill level, don't fear the beast, work on accuracy and swinging long and fast with good form and footwork and you'll get better fast!
From: Kevin, 6/12
String tension: Mains 53 lbs / Crosses 50 lbs

Comments: I recently got a Babolat sponsorship. I tried many of their rackets and coming from playing with Head Prestige Mid for 8 years and MP for a year was very tentative on making the switch. I found the PS Ltd the best racket for my game. I play Open level tournaments along with a national/world ranking in the 35's. I have a very aggressive game with big groundstrokes and serve. I started with my tension in the low 50's strung with a Poly 1.25mm. I am now stringing my racket at 46-48 lbs and boy does it feel great!! I added lead (2-4" strips) at the 3 & 9 o'clock(around 3 grams). I recommend this racket to the player seeking a flexible racket with LOTS of control.
From: Juan, 5/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM, 48lbs
Headsize: 95sq

Comments: I have one of the 2011 versions and one of the 2009 versions. I like the newer one better despite them being "the same". I've had a lot of success with this racket and enjoy the control. You definitely have to string it with lower tension. The biggest problems I've had with it are with lack of touch, especially on drop shots. Prior to playing with this racket I played with the n6.1 tour 90 for several years, then the blx blade tour for a summer before I picked these up in August. They've definitely helped my game but I miss my finesse shots. I've also read a lot of comments about trouble with backhand slice. I was lucky enough to not have that problem. The ball just stays so low! The racket challenges you to have good form and is great everywhere on the court (except drop shots!) Its one of the best out there, and great for those who like a player's stick under 12 oz.
From: Danny, 2/12
String type and tension: Lux Savage White 16, 52lbs

Comments: From the switch between my Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus, I really liked this racquet. I had no trouble adjusting. This racquet is very control friendly and still gives me a good deal of power. Feels really good on serves and really stable at the net. Only con would be my backhand slice. I tend to hit the frame a lot due to the smaller headsize. I demoed this racquet before purchasing it, and had to buy it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this racquet.
From: Charles, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16g, 58 lbs

Comments: I never really liked the Babolat Pure Storms. I tried this racquet and I loved it. I love the specs of this racquet because it fits me really well. I am a all around player. From the first shot this racquet amazed me for feel to performance, but I was upset with my backhand slice. I used to use the Head Youtek Speed 18x20.
From: Tommy, 11/11

Comments: I have been playing with this frame for about 9 months and was considering changing as I did not feel the plow on serves. Also the racquet has what I consider a small sweet spot. I added some weight at 3 and 9 o'clock. I can tell you this addressed the lighter serve issues and expanded the sweet spot. I am very pleased with the results and will continue playing with this stick.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17 Mains/Wilson Natural Gut 16 crosses (56lbs)

Comments: I am a Wilson guy all the way. I use the Wilson BLX Six.One 95 which is a very open string pattern. One of my friends gave me his Babolat stick so I thought I'd try it. At first I didn't like it but then I broke the strings that were on the racquet within a set so I decided to string it myself but with a twist. For the crosses on top, I strung the first cross, skipped the second, strung the third and skipped the fourth. This opened up the frame a bit more and gave me a little bit more power and spin. In general, I liked the racquet but not enough to switch.
String type and tension: Kevlar in mains, Wilson Sensation in crosses, 52lbs

Comments:This is a fantastic racquet, I recently switched from the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT looking for a more controlled racquet and found that the Babolat Pure Storm GT Ltd. is super at net and with directional play. On groundstrokes it takes more effort and skill to get what you want but it's results are fantastic. Super racquet for getting what you want out of yourself.
From: Norman, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 55 lbs

Comments: I really like this racquet a lot with the Babolat RPM Blast string because it allows me to hit the ball a bit harder but still have the same amount of topspin on the ball. I used to use the Head Microgel Radical MP which was a little to loose and very light. This racquet is a little heavier and stiffer which I like. I am a 5.0 level player and I think the racquet is better for people in the 4.5 to 6.0 level of play. I really like the stick!
From: Tyler, 10/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast strung at 59 lb

Comments: Be careful before buying! I thought I loved this frame when I started playing because of the buttery feel and solid plow though, but after about 7 months of play I'm now very frustrated with the tiny sweet spot and unforgiving feel. I play number 2 varsity singles at a 5A school, and have solid swing mechanics but this racquet still was to much for my small body frame.
From: Jake, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel at 58 lbs

Comments: I have been playing with this for a year (Note: the new version is just a paint job change). It is a great all around racquet, but the sweet spot is tiny. The racquet does deal with off-center hits well and you will still have reasonable control. But you only get the true pop and feel on the ball with the sweet spot, and you have to be consistently solid and strong with your swing to hit the sweet spot with this racquet. If you're not at least a 4.0, I wouldn't recommend demoing it.
From: Teddy, 7/11
String type and tension: Luxilon main, Synthetic gut cross, both at 52

Comments: After 20 years of playing Wilson ProStaff racquets, from the Original 85 to Federer's 6.1 Tour, and finally Sampras 88, I was looking for a racquet with the same feel but less weight. Don't look any further, this Babolat will tell you exactly where the ball will land as you hit your shots. From drop volleys to flat serves, I found no other racquet that could give me the feeling I was looking for (I bought 6 different racquets in the last 5 years, without success). FOR PLAYERS who generate their own power; NOT FOR recreational use, this racquet requires a lot of energy from the player, but will give plenty in return (controlled aggressive shots for tournaments). I may hit as hard as I can and the ball will stay in; lots of control. For all these players who think that the best racquet ever is the Wilson PS 85, you can now enjoy the same precision and feel, without the (over) weight and a greater head (95 sq.in.) Don't wait to benefit from what technology can do for you!
From: Thierry. 07/11
String type and tension: Prince Topspin 16 @ 62 lbs

Comments: I used to play with my KFactor 95 racquet and have tried this racquet to look for a ligher and more control racquet. I find that the control of this racquet is very good and accuracy is good with a fast swing. However, I think this racquet lacks a bit of spin. I wonder if the Pure Storm Team GT could provide more spin and a similar control with this racquet? Is the control of the Pure Storm Team has a big difference as it has a 100 headsize. Can TW give me some advice?
From: Zenith. 7/11
String type and tension: 57 lbs
(Please direct all questions to info@tennis-warehouse.com. -- TW Staff)

Comments: I demo'ed this racket along with a few others and it was the best of the group. I have recently bought two of them, and plan to buy two more. They are great control sticks, and are great if you're a player who produces you're own power. Serves can be difficult, but with superb groundstrokes and a board- like racket, comes a weaker serve (yet, more consistent), but I've been testing new forms of serves and just got a great one. This is my favorite racket of all time, everything has improved. I am thinking I want some more pop to add to my strokes, so I might go to a RPM blast string as 54 tension. Test the racket out, it's great!
From: Mike, Austin, Texas, US, 7/11
String type and tension: 58, Prince Beast

Comments: I am returning to tennis after an 18-year layoff. I played competitively up to and into college, and then left the game completely due to injuries and desire to do something else. Coming back, I looked to several racquets, the best of which is the Pure Storm GT Ltd. My game used to be significant power but I would often lack control. Within 6 weeks of coming back, I can see the control this racquet brings. I can hit a hard shot (take a full swing) and put reasonable spin on it and place it very well - something I recall was difficult to do with the old racquets to 2 decades ago! Serve is strong, easy to place, but lacks a bit of power (that could be me - 20 yrs older!) Overall, I'm very happy with this racquet. Buy this if you can generate the power and want more control. If you want more power, you should probably look elsewhere.
From: DT. 7/11
String type and tension: Prince Synth Gut @ 58/60 lbs

Comments: This Limited version is very different from regular Pure Storm. It is SERIOUSLY an underpowered racquet. It feels great when you put your body weight into the shot, as well as serve, slice and volley. Unfortunately, it is not helpful when scrambling or stretched.Forget running forehand - wrist flick would not work. Combination of closed pattern - head light and high flexibility puts great demand of footwork and mobility. Anything less then full swing with perfect weight transfer produces mediocre shots.
From: Eugene. 6/11
String type and tension: Gosen TecGut at 50 lbs and E-Matrix at 53 lbs.

Comments: Totally in love with this racquet! I recently switched from the Tour + version and can't figure why I hadn't earlier. It's such a solid, flexible and maneuverable frame that's great for generating your own power and control. I've always used Babolat and always will. Great job Babolat!
From: Luke, AZ, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Big Hitter Blue Rough 17 / Forten Sweet 17g @ 58lbs
USTA Rating: 4.0

Comments: The Pure Storm Ltd GT offers a wonderful combination of control and, with the right string, power and spin potential even with the dense string pattern. Previously I used only 16-main racquets and wish I had tried the Pure Storm Ltd GT earlier. It's also surprisingly comfortable rivaling my PB10 Mid when using gut mains. The Pure Storm Ltd GT combines the precision of Dunlop's AG 4D 100, the comfort of Volkl's PB10 Mid, and, with the right string, the spin potential of racquets such as Prince's EXO3 Tour 100 (16x18). A good string combo to enhance spin potential is Babolat VS gut mains and a smooth poly cross (eg MSV Co-Focus) at 51/47. If you're looking for a soft, arm-friendly frame that doesn't compromise feel or control then you'll enjoy the Pure Storm Ltd GT. I've tried both the 2009 and 2011 versions and the only difference truly is the paint job.
From: Timothy, Dunwoody, GA, USA. 4/11

Comments: Same as the last one besides cosmetics. LOVE the last one, chose by cosmetics, I personally prefer the matte colors of the '09. Regardless, they're great racquets, get one if you want a control racquet.
From: Sam Merkel, Madison, WI, United States. 4/11
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut (black or purple)

Comments: Been playing with PSL-GT for 2 years now and love it. What's new in the 2011 version is just the paint job. Have 4 sticks of the 2009 PSL-GT and I'm willing to wait 2 more years for an upgrade.
From: j.i.grino, Philippines, 02/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17g. @ 57 lbs. (M) Luxilon Alu Power @ 49 lbs.(X); Babolat VS Team 17g. @ 58 lbs.(M) TF X-1 Biphase 17g. 56 lbs.(X)
Headsize: 95 (18x20)

Comments: Is this racquet scheduled to be playtested? I hear that this is a great frame, but I would like a more professional/analytical opinion.
From: Patrick, Charlotte, NC, USA, 01/11
(Patrick, we will not be doing a review with the full team, however Spencer will be doing a video review on it soon.--TW Staff)

Comments: Is the only difference between this and the older PS Ltd GT a new paint job?
From: Greg, Canada, 01/11
(Greg, yes, Babolat has only made cosmetic changes to this frame.--TW Staff)

2011 Babolat Pure Storm Racquets