Comments: The Pure Storm GT is a precise and spin-friendly frame that serves as an excellent customization platform. In fact, I can't recommend the PSGT in stock form as it tends to feel a little too flexible and vibrates without extra mass in the head. I say that as one who loves softer frames. But add some lead tape to the head and under the grip and you can get a player's frame with the exact weight, balance, and SW that you want. On that note, if you're also considering the Pure Storm Tour GT, I recommend that you give the PSGT a look too. I have my PSGTs modified to specs very similar to the Tour (12.1 oz, 9 pts HL, SW 340) but the Tour felt a little sluggish to me. So if you enjoy frames in the low 12 oz. range you're stuck with whatever the Tour provides. With the PSGT you can tweak to your perfect feel. The PSGT is also very comfortable (with extra mass) and its low power allows more string options. Higher-powered frames tend to preclude the use of softer strings as total power can make balls fly long. The low powered PSGT allows you to use softer stings such as full bed natural gut without launching balls over the fence. That low power also lets you take a full cut at the ball for additional spin.
From: Tim, 12/12
String type and tension: Babolat VS Touch mains / Luxilon 4G 1.25 crosses @ 55/51 lbs

Comments: :I purchased this racquet by accident. I had to phone into Tennis Warehouse to get the free stringing several months ago. I planned to order a back-up Pure Storm TOUR GT. This accidentally worked out in my favor. The racquet felt too light in easy hitting, but in a match, it was much easier for me to get around on the ball. It also made it easier for me to hit topspin backhands more often. This is a control racquet, and you have to supply the power. I've now ordered a back-up for this racquet, since it is my new #1 stick. I may put a little lead tape at 3 and 9 o' clock, but not much since the swing weight is pretty high on this stick.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g @ 57 lbs

Comments: I'm 63 and just getting back into tennis after about 20 years of not playing. I used to be good, if not great (played competitively in high school and college). I chose this racquet purely based on specs, description, reviews, the fact that it was on sale, and the fact that I know what I used to like. I was particularly wary of getting something too powerful and not being able to keep the ball inside the baseline, since my game was forged way back when and my last racquet was bought 25 years ago. It did seem a bit light and under-powered at first. I added 8 grams (total) of lead tape at 3 and 9 O'Clock, and now it feels great. It's got a good balance of power, control, spin, feel, and maneuverability. The weight is now evenly balanced (my preference), and the sweetspot is dead center in the head. It seems easy on the arm too. I intend to stick with gut (always), but I may go down to 60 lbs of tension next time. After playing casually a few times, my strokes are starting to come back. Now if I could just regain some lateral mobility!
String type and tension: Babolat Tonic 15L @ 62lbs

Comments: I love this racquet. It has a lot of power, great feel, and fits my hand well. I bought a second one because I liked it so much. I think it could be a bit more comfortable, because it vibrates like a lighter, stiffer racquet on some shots, and I can feel mishits in my elbow and shoulder. I think this would be a dream racquet if Babolat included the Cortex System in this (I thought the AeroPro Drive was a bit more comfy, but without my more preferable qualities in a racquet). Aside from that, I'm very satisfied.
String type and tension: Syn Gut mains / Poly crosses @ 55 lbs

Comments: The swing weight is high for the static weight which makes this racquet feel heavier than it is. It is pretty flexible which takes some getting used to. The upper part of hoop is very low powered and unforgiving and sends bad vibration through the racquet. I'm gonna try some lead tape at 10 and 2 to see if that can be helped. It is almost an even balance strung, which also adds to the high swing weight. It's a low powered racquet that requires a full, fast paced swing to get the most out of it. The sweetspot is small, but feels awesome when you hit it. It is not super maneuverable at the net, but it's good on volleys. Overall it's a good racquet. I give it a 7 out of 10 for a player who wants to develop their strokes.

Comments: This racquet is freakin' awesome! You can swing harder without worrying that your balls are flying everywhere.
From: Vicente, 6/12
String type and tension: RPM Blast 16 mains / Luxilon Savage 17 crosses @ 50 lbs

Comments: Unfortunately time and updates haven't been very kind to the Pure Storm. I LOVED the Babolat Pure Control Zylon 360, the original version of this stick. Nice muted feel, a little over 11 ounces strung and headlight enough that the stick was still maneuverable but had great plow-through due to the lower balance point. If these were easy to find in good condition I might still be playing with them. The original Pure Storm was also a decent stick, albeit the swing weight was a bit higher. Unfortunately with this version the stick has gotten even lighter and the balance dropped down to even rather than a couple of points head light. This makes the racquet's maneuverability and stability suffer tremendously and it no longer has the satisfying thwack of the older versions. This stick is still about the only thing in Babolat's lineup that I find interesting and its not a horrible stick. However, it is sad to see such a great line get ruined by trying to make the frame more "modern" when it was already an extremely solid tweener. I'd probably only suggest this stick for junior players that can't handle a heavy stick but like the swing weight and power found here. More advanced players can find something better with little effort.
From: Rob W., 5.12

Comments: This is a pretty good racquet. My son, a decent 14 and under junior player has had this racquet for a year now. I wanted him to get the tour, but he demoed both and chose this one based on how it felt to him. He is 14 and 6'3 and now he wants a heavier racquet. Let me offer what I saw from his game this past year and from what I experienced playing with it. It is flexy racquet. Real flexy. That is good and bad for me. Initially, it was hard to get used to, but eventually you learn the ball just sinks into the string bed and you can really swing out and place the ball where you want. Power is low, but that allows one to swing big and still have it land in. It would take more than a week to get used to. I think this low powered racquet had helped him develop his strokes more. He struggled with serve (his biggest weapon) but hit a great kicker. Serving with this takes time to adjust to, I think because of the swing weight (which is high to me for 11oz strung). One last thing. He broke a frame (brand new) hitting a return. He shanked it at 2 o'clock and crack. We sent it back and they replaced it free. We heard from others this may be a prob with this. Thanks TW and Babolat for replacing the racquet. Probably would have gone back to Wilson if they would not have replaced it.
From: CF, 5/12
String type and tension: RPM blast 17, mid+2
NTRP Rating:

Comments: Great racquet! I previously had a Pure Storm Tour, but I wanted something lighter and more maneuverable. I demoed 3 racquets (this one, Pure Drive GT Plus, and the AeroPro Drive GT). After the week of having them (between the AeroPro and Pure Storm) I chose this one. It's proven me great so far except I broke a string after 2 weeks.
From: Calvin, 4/12

Comments: Great racquet! I previously had a pure storm tour, but I wanted something lighter and more maneuverable. I demoed 3 racquets ( this one, pure drive gt plus, and the aeropro drive gt). After the week of having them (between the aeropro and pure storm) I chose this one. It's proven me great so far except I broke a string after 2 weeks.
From: Calvin, 4/12

Comments: This racket is AMAZING! I have tried just about all the other Babolat, Head, and Wilson rackets, but this is my favorite of them all. It is great for the consistant player who still likes to bang some shots. This is great for my spin serves, and also great for hard flat serves. The only bad thing that I've found about this racket is that the grommet broke after about 5 stringings. Overall a great racket
From: Lee, 4/12

Comments: I tried a demo of this racket when my tennis teacher told my a story of how he got everyone he knows to switch to the racket. I previously played with the aero pro drive cortex. I found it a little flimsy but really liked the power and spin I was able to put on the ball. With this racket I was able to do everything i could before and more. I strung it with RPM Blast and got added forgiveness and spin. The racket is also on sale! No negative comments from me.
From: Carlos, 3/12

Comments: I love it so much!!
From: Karen, 2/12

Comments: For me this is a great all-round stick! I am 6'2 average build all round player with a one handed backhand. I hit quite big serves and have good ground strokes. I can handle heavier rackets, however for me 11-11.7 oz sticks give me the best combination of playability and no tired muscles after a couple of matches a week. Groundies are precise and accurate, with power potential being quite decent compared to many other 11oz, 98" head size rackets I have used. Serves are very consistent and I can crank a big serve when going for the attack if needed, just enough maneuverability and stable enough to hit with decent force. Volleys surprisingly feel very solid for an 11oz 98" head size, maneuverable enough to quickly react at net and stable enough to snap the ball into court. For me, on ground stokes, strings may play a part as full poly, IMO can sometimes be a little too stiff for certain sticks, however I found the racket to be slightly unstable when wanting to go for a winner. It wasn't even really a major concern, however I have now added a leather grip just to add a little weight and I have no problems at all, for me no more customization needs to be done for my game style. The feel is nice, not too flexible and no where near too stiff. I have only used Babolat RPM blast in this pure storm expecting bad things (Racket came with the strings) and I have not felt any elbow pain at all! I do think however a slightly softer combination and tension could increase the sweet spot, as when you find it, it's magic! For anyone who likes an all round stick that is good in every department, not too heavy, however very stable and comfortable then I would definitely recommend this pure storm GT.
From: Adam, England, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast, 54lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. I enjoyed playing with it for 2 years now. It is a great stick at the baseline. Brilliant at serves although it lacked at the net. I would definitely recommend this stick for any game styles of baseline play.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane/Luxilon Revenge, 61 lbs

Comments: This is a very nice racquet. Picked it up to mold my tennis shots, and I still use it. Only thing bad about this racquet, that it is very unforgiving when you frame.
From: Jason, 11/11
String type and tension: Gosen Polyon 17 Gauge Ice Feel, 58 lbs

Comments: I tried this model a week ago and immediately ordered 2 sticks to replace my 2-years old Pure Storm Originals. While being generally similar, the GT version gives extra feel letting you go for more and closer to lines.
From: Eugene, 11/11
String type and tension: E-Matrix, 16g, 55lbs

Comments: I loved this racquet, even though it felt underpowered sometimes. However, it still was a good racquet.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 55 lbs

Comments: This is a great frame from Babolat. Just switched from Head Youtek Prestige Pro, looking for a tad more power and spin and a larger sweet spot. Exactly what I was looking for! This stick has that flexible player's racquet feel while still holding true to Babolat's forte's of spin production and power. A frame that is as happy at the net as it is the baseline, I would highly recommend to the 4.5+ level aggressive player.
From: Varun, 10/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II at 61 lbs

Comments: This racquet is too good to be true. It perfected my game completely by providing the right amount of spin and power to give the best feel on all of my shots. I struggled with getting in my serve for a while with this racquet, but with a little bit more explosion from the legs I got it going in. Great racquet overall!

Comments: I've been using this stick for just over a year now. I previously used the Babolat AeroPro Drive (Cortex). I loved the AeroPro, but I felt that it just didn't give me quite the control or ability to flatten out the ball on selected groundstrokes. After demoing nearly 20 frames, from all manufacturers, I tried out this stick. I was instantly "in love." My dad was watching my hitting session and commented that "you picked up speed on your strokes with this frame." It was true; with this stick I can take a full cut at the ball and feel maximum control. I love the fact that it is a very solid, stable control-oriented racquet, while weighing in at a maneuverable 11.1 oz. strung. Don't let the weight fool you - there is nothing flimsy about the feel or performance of this stick! I plan to stick with this frame indefinitely. Just bought 2 more of them to add to the collection!
From: Aubrey, 8/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17g at 60 lbs.

Comments: I received this racquet last month. I've been using it and It is amazing! The feel is so awesome the swing is so light that you can barely feel it. You can aim anywhere you like on the court and the ball goes exactly the same place, very good racquet and the swing is so light that you can put a lot of power on it very good racquet.
From: Muhammad Tuaha. 7/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast 16, 57 lbs

Comments: This racquet plays better with some customization as it is even balanced. Replace the synthetic grip with a Volkl leather grip to make it more headlight, also this stick appears to be string sensitive. I found that Babolat Revenge 16 or 17 G at 53 lbs is a perfect match. A bit unforgiving on off centered shots, so put some lead at 3 and 9 or 10 and 2 or 12 o'clock, where ever feels better for you. Great stick when customized properly!
From: Jose. 6/11
String type and tension: Revenge 16, 17 g at 53 lbs

Comments: Overall, this racquet is great for spin and control. First, my baseline game. From the baseline, this racquet hit very consistently and I could put it anywhere in the court where I desired. There is also a nice amount of spin to it, letting me keep it more in the court. At net, this racquet was amazing. I had the right feel and pop on my shots to hit nice, clean volleys. On my serves, it is easier to place in the court than other racquets, but you do not get enough power, especially when you already do not. There was also a "mushy" feel to it, as if there were three dampeners on it that I already did not need. In the end, this is one of the best racquets I have ever tried out, best in the Babolat line.
From: Robin, Wisconsin. USA. 4/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast @ 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: I like control-oriented rackets (Wilson Tour 90's, PS 85). I played with the AeroPro GT for a few months, but too much power and not enough control (unless you want to hit a TON of topspin to keep it in the court - especially on hot hard courts). Nevertheless, I was impressed with the high build quality and comfort of the AeroPro, so I demoed the other Babolats and ended up with the Pure Storm GT - Fabulous! It has control, a wonderful solid feel and is very maneuverable, perfect at the net for my all-court style. I went out yesterday to get the serve grooved in and had a blast! The Pure Storm serves beautifully with plenty of pop and great control - easily hits the corners and out wide. Since I'm just getting started on it, I'll play on it stock, I may have to put a little more weight on for heavy hitting, but so far seems very stable. This is a great racket! Give it a try!
From: Terry, Eagle Rock, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 17, 57 lbs.
Headsize: 98 (seems smaller)

Comments: Hit about 1 hr with this racket and I gotta say. It really gives you that arm extension type of feel. Very nice control and good power for a racket that is only 11 oz. saying that, I would really recommend leading up this bad boy to at least 11.7 oz for the extra mph's and stability. I have not purchased this racket yet as my h tour still has lots of pop left but when the h tour snaps. This is one of 3 rackets I would consider. The other 2 I liked are the Prestige Youtek mp and the aero pro drive.
From: Nate, 03/11
String type and tension: Head Rip Control 56 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5.0

Comments: Great racket for spin and power, it gives you more power additionally. Amazing feel, and makes you want to crush the ball. I would recommend this racket to people who hit the ball extremely hard.
From: Davis, West Bloomfield, MI, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Twist 16,60
NTRP Rating: Boy's 14s 260, Boy's 12s 104 (both in Midwest)

Comments: This is a a great racquet hands down. I am just returning to the game after a 10 year hiatus. My previous racquet was the Dunlop Revelation 200 (late 1990s). Thought I could get away and still use the same racquets, but racquet technology has changed vastly that it really didn't work well for me. I ended up experiencing major shoulder and arm problems. The Babolat Pure Storm GT is a great racquet for someone returning to the game, slightly lighter but still works well for someone with a fast swing and a hard hitter. It is very flexible for volleys and overheads. For someone who tends to have shoulder and arm problems post matches, after using this racquet I was not at all in pain.
From: PMac, Norton, MA USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16

Comments: I love the racquet, but very displeased with the grip that comes stock, it slips right out of your hand when you sweat.
From: Philip, Central CA, 10/10
String type and tension: Hybrid at mid

Comments: Simply the best racquet I've ever used. (Previously: Kneissl Black Star 2010, Yonex RDS 001, Head Youtek Radical MP, Dunlop 4d Aerogel 300). This stick is light but very very stable. Has just enough power on groundstrokes, nice spin, and amazing pop on servers. Great feel and maneuverability and the paint job is half decent.
From: Yarek, Toronto, ON, Canada, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 57lbs

Comments: Put a leather grip on it and it's perfection!! The grip gives more of a HL feel and the light weight of the racquet itself is great for volleys and groundstrokes. Also, I can really pop serves with this bad boy. Great stick!!
From: Clint. 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat Syn. Gut @61

Comments: This racquet is amazing. You can swing as hard as you like and it will go in. for me I thought it was a bit light so I added an overgrip and 4 grams of lead tape at the top of handle and it made the racquet fantastic!
From: Josh, Austrlia, 08/10
String type and tension: Head sonic pro 55lbs

Comments: Although the GT has similar specs than the older version and it is equally easy to maneuver, it just has a different feeling. I personally prefer the old Pure Storm; I find it more compact, although I can see some players liking this better.
From: Niko, Fairfax, VA, USA, 08/10

Comments: Really Awesome racket, it felt great in my hand. Perfect balance of control and power. I love the volleys with this racket very crisp and clean. My service speed had to go up a few MPH with this stick. Overall a super frame for any player.
From: Greg, Ottawa, Ont, Canada, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 58lbs

Comments: This racquet is as cool as Stosur! I'm thinking of switching to it. If you like the specs/weight/balance of this racquet and find that the off-center shots vibrate too much for your taste, and you don't hit hard enough to break strings, you'll probably like what I'm currently using--the Wilson BLX Tour with 6 grams added in the butt cap. I love the ball contact feel of the BLX Tour, and the fact that off-center hits don't feel that much worse than the sweetspot--the feel of the whole racquet face is quite even. On the other hand, the PSGT is harsher on the arm on off-center shots, but beats the BLX Tour in harder hitting--the faster the pace, the more obvious the control advantage of the Pure Storm.
From: Jill, Bangkok, Thailand. 7/10
String type and tension: Head Sonic Pro 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: ex- college varsity player

Comments: A very fine racquet. The addition of GT has really enhanced the feel of this line of racquets. Nice, plush feeling on groundstrokes. Good for any kind of spin. Solid at the net. Only downside was on serve - just didn't get enough bite. Very accurate, good placement but the ball just didn't do much once it hit the court. Will try the Tour version next to compare. Overall a great all-around racquet suitable for baseline and attack.
From: Hoosierbr on TT boards, CA, USA, 07/10

Comments: This racquet gives me everything I could want. It has the control and feel of a player's racquet, but still enough power so that you don't have to swing as hard as you can to get the ball deep or hit a winner. It is also very maneuverable, so I feel comfortable at the baseline and at the net. It has just the right amount of spin for my game. At first it was hit or miss with serves, but after I had it restrung with a more lively multifilament, I got the power level I was looking for. I like to mix it up with a kick or slice here and there, and I got great spin and accuracy with both. I was wondering, how come Tennis Warehouse doesn't have a review? I thought that this racquet had some unique specs that entitle it for a more in-depth look.
From: James, Sacramento, CA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Volkl Powerfibre 16 @ 57 lbs

Comments: I've demoed probably 30-40 racquets over the past 2 years. Recently, Youtek Radical MP, Volkl 10 mid and light, 9, 8, Becker Pro, several Wilson, Yonex, and have not run across a smoother,more controlled, and responsive racket. Smooth as "Butter". I have never felt a smoother sweet spot, and this is just hitting with demo rackets. The feeling is just awesome, whether swinging easy or going for a winner. I've owned Dunlop 300's, Babolat aero and PD, K Factor 90, and nothing has come close to the feel and responsiveness of the PSGT. It's the first racket I've hit with where I am not even conscious of the racket, feels like an extension of my arm. Really effortless. My one handed backhand has dramatically improved. This racket really can do it all, lots of topspin or flat shots. My serves have always been my weakness, but now I'm able to place killer kick servers. Others have commented on lack of power, sure it responds better with a longer swing, but you don't have to bring it like you do with Radical MP or Volkl 10 or other similar players racket. You can still get by with shots where you may be a little of position and hitting off balance. I have never found the sweet spot more consistently compared with other rackets. Huge WOW Factor. A breath of fresh air. I mean you hit a shot and say to yourself Awesomeeeeeee! And all this from a demo racquet. I can't wait to hit with my new one with decent strings and tension.
From: Grant, Nashville, TN, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Prince duraflex
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I demoed the previous version and was able to slam my serve consistently with overwhelming power and enjoyed that racquet a lot. I expected this racquet to be the same, and though it has a more solid and stable feel, I have a harder time getting the extra boost on my serve. This model does make it much easier to control the point from the baseline with all the provided spin generated from the racquet and overall I enjoy this racquet more than any other I have ever used.
From: Brooks, Macon, GA, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour/ Nvy. 50lbs

Comments: Really terrific racquet. Tons of control, yet extremely maneuverable. Great spin too. I've played with both the Standard and Tour models, and even though this one is lighter it doesn't sacrifice anything. It made me feel more confident in my aggressive baseline game. Decent pop on the serve too. Overall, unless you need the extra power, I would say this racquet is better than the Pure Drive GT, as I've played with that too. Unlike most racquets Babolat makes, this one is also nice and easy on the arm. I don't think I'll be leaving Babolat ever or even this particular frame until the next version is introduced.
From: Brandon, Sacramento, CA, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Power 16
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I learned to play 25 years ago with a 93head size 18x20 string pattern, 357g strung Volkl and now I am coming back after a 10-year break. I can generate my own power and pace and have an offensive attitude on the court, I demoed the normal PSGT, the heavier PSGTT and the Pure Drive and here is what I think: The racquet PSTGT does offer great control, much better than the other Babolat models, it is soft on your arm and it has power (that is if you are an aggressive strong hitter), however is missing that drive through. The downside I found was its weight, it does not allow you to fully drive through the ball as with the Tour version (the ball goes pretty fast in the direction you want but it if far from being a rocket), if you are up against a serious player, the racquet will vibrate significantly when returning hard serves and hits. I tried increasing the weight with an overgrip, dampen the string movement, but still, it is very light for a seriously aggressive game, the same goes for the serve, there is no kick, where after hitting a ball you know it could be an As. The PSTGT Tour version on the other side, corrects all the faults of this one, feels much lighter than it is, provides added control, great stability and butter smoothness, however is a bit heavier and you might have a problem in getting the one handed backhand out after a strong return. So if you are a young (17- 40 years), frequent, aggressive player that attacks the court go for the tour (heavier 320g) version and the opponent will have no chance, his racquet might drop out of his hands after your forehand, if you are a player with less power and are looking for pure control and an easier racquet to play with, get the normal 295g version. Both of them are much smoother on the hand and more accurate than the Pure Drive, which feels like a stick. I am not saying the PDrive is a bad racquet, just a whole lot stiffer and it all depends on your game, demo all 3 before making any choices, the differences are very significant.
From: RD. 6/10
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: My experience is exactly like Marv's down here. I even come from the k 95 too!. The PSGT is outstanding in maneuverability and control, but lacks some power compared to the K. The solution I've found is to add 7 grams of lead to the neck of the frame (The part just above the grip where the "V" gets formed). This way balance is not affected, power is increased and maneuverability is almost the same.
From: nelson, paraguay. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat duralast 50lbs

Comments: This has great control and is extremely stable. It's lacking in power and I already have a big, full swing. (Right now I am playing with Wilson K Factor 6.1) I strung it at 58lb mains (mid range of recommended tension) and 56lb cross. Does anybody have any recommendation to increase the power of this otherwise wonderful racquet? (String choice or tension recommendation)
From: Marv. 06/10
(Marv, you can try lowering the tension of your string bed or switching to a full-bed of multifilament or natural gut if you want to gain more access to power.--TW Staff)

Comments: I agree completely with all positive comments regarding this racquet. Great control and more than sufficient power, excellent on topspin and slices and great serving providing powerful flat and biting slice and kick serves ...volleys amazing, accurate and touch when wanted/needed. Without question, best racquet I have ever used! My only problem is that I have been playing with this racquet since February (4 months) and I have twice had to stop playing for a week or ten days due to elbow pain. I can't see giving up this racquet and might try lower tensions and different string set ups BUT WONDER IF ADDING SOME WEIGHT AT 3&9 and IN THE BUTT MIGHT HELP. Please, TW or anyone if you have any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, let me know, I SIMPLY LOVE THIS RACQUET!!!!
From: Dominique, South Florida. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 17 (M) at 58 -Excel (crosses) 58 & Kirchbaum Spiky Shark (M)57 Sensation crosses 56lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0
(Dominique, I have this racquet leaded up at the 10 and 2 positions as well as in the handle, I have had experience with TE and I find that you get a more solid feel and stability with added weight.--TW Staff)

Comments: Amazing! That's all that needs to be said. This racquet speaks for itself when you are using it. My serves are at least 20mph faster. I highly recommend getting this stick. If you're not interested in getting it DEMO IT. You will be amazed no matter what racquet you are currently using.
From: Benjamin, Oshkosh, WI, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane 16 mains/Babolat addiction 16 crosses
Headsize: 98 sq. inches
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I found the Pure Storm GT to be lacking in power (compared to my Head FlexPoint Instinct). This could be attribute to the less dense string pattern. However, I felt that there was more control as it was easier to impart more spin due to looser pattern. This allowed me to hit harder and the ball would still be in play. Serving was great especially for the kick serve. I'm seriously considering changing over.
From: Andrew, New York, NY, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Gamma ZO Power 16 - 58 LBS

Comments: This is truly one of the great racquets of this era. I have owned or tried out nearly countless racquets over the years and this is -- simply put -- the finest one I've tried. In many ways it's close to the Wilson K 6.1's, and yet I've found the Pure Storm to have both more feel and stability. This racquet flat out FEELS great to hit with. It is also a racquet that's remarkably capable in its responsiveness; that's to say, if one hits a normal groundstroke, the racquet provides plenty of control and placement; yet if one ups the power the racquet more than adequately responds without the feeling of a great loss of control (which you'd find in, say, the Pure Drive Roddick). I found serves to work very well with this racquet -- including kickers. And volleys -- jeesh, they're amazing to hit with this racquet. As others have suggested, this is a must demo for those at the level of 4.0 and above.
From: D-Train, Los Angeles, CA. 5/10
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone, 57#

Comments: Please anyone, tell me this. I've purchased a brand new Pure Storm GT(not Tour) and I've read the Specs. on the frame and the carton that comes with the new frame. They say the racquet stiffness is 69 RA, balance is 6 Pts head light.., all is different from TW web site. I'm confused.. Please anyone, tell me why.
From: David, Herndon, Va, USA. 5/10
(David, The racquet lists unstrung specs. The specs on our Web site are the average specs taken from a sample group of what we have in stock from strung racquets. -- TW Staff)

Comments: Great spin for a 16x20. A rare arm-friendly Babolat.
From: Michelle, Milwaukee, WI USA. 4/10

Comments: I have used Babolat racquets for a number of years and in my humble opinion this is the best of them together with the Pure Storm (orange and black) being very maneuverable it will deliver plenty of power but only if your technique is good. It is difficult to beat for consistency and accuracy on groundstrokes but you must possess a long fast swing to achieve this. A very good players racquet and a must demo if you want to take your game to the next level. It's good enough for Fernando Gonzales, so need I say any more!
From: John, Ireland. 410
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro.(strung at 60)
NTRP Rating: 5.5. Qualified Coach.

Comments: I am an ex- D-I all-American with severe arm problems. This racquet is easy on the arm and has tremendous control and above average power. Groundstrokes are crisp and clean, and there is a lot of pop on the serve. I can't comment on volleys since I have not been at the net since 1994. Excellent racquet.
From: Andy, Indiana, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Gamma tnt2
NTRP Rating: 5.5-6.0

Comments: I am a 4.5 all around player with topspin, slice and flat shots (I like to vary it up). I have been using the Wilson K six.One Team for 2 years, and I had been searching for a better racquet for one and a half years. I tried countless frames, but each one of them sacrificed something, and my strokes weren't feeling it, so I was afraid to switch. Frustrated enough, I tried this racquet, since it was my brother's stick, and I am being completely serious when I tell you that I had never played better in my life. Topspin shots were ripping, the flat shots above my chest were cracking and slice chipped and curved perfectly. I took it to my club and beat 4 kids there, one of them being #2 junior seed there. It is perfect for everything. When you hit the ball with it, it feels right. When you go for a shot, it doesn't fail. Approach shots, Overheads, serves (my 1st serve and 2nd serve improved more than ever), volleys, slices, topspins, flats, you name it. I am continuing to use it on my varsity team, as I made singles with it. If you want to test drive this thing, go for it. You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. This is the greatest racquet I have ever used in my life.
From: Evan, East Meadow, NY, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: MSV Focus HEX 1.23

Comments: I have nothing but compliments for this racquet. Provides exceptional control on groundstrokes, plenty of power to put balls away from anywhere on court, great accuracy and touch at net and plenty of pop on flat serves and spin on kick and slice serves. Great on topspin forehands and backhand and my slice backhand is reliable and with plenty of bite with this stick. Best racquet I've played with in some time! One concern and I am not yet sure it is this racquet, my elbow is a bit sore, however. I think this is a must demo for anyone seeking a control racquet and looking for a bit of pop!....BABOLAT, GREAT JOB!
From: Charles, Miami. 4/10
String type and tension:Mains- Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 56/Crosses -Babolat excel 58
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: Love the racquet. The big problem is this makes 3 Babolats in a row with loose/creaky butt caps, and two in a row have broken from normal use. The latest one after only 2 sets cracked on the inside where the throat and bridge meet. Now it feels terrible! It's very frustrating! Obviously, I'll be looking for a similar feeling, higher quality frame. For nearly 200 bucks each, c'mon people.
From: Calvin, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger rough

Comments: I am in the process of demoing this racket right now. I have found that it has as much power as it has control. I can attack the court and place the ball where I choose. The net play is amazing. The ball comes off crisp and direct. I have had no issues with this racket and am planning on playing with it for a very long time. Definitely worth demoing!!!
From: Zach, Kansas, USA 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 59lbs.

Comments: I really like this racquet because of the control. I have been playing a lot better ever since I got this racquet. My old racquet, the Babolat drive z 110 had way too much power now I have a racquet with lots more control.
From: Ian, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 02/10
Headsize: 98 sq in
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I bought this without trialling it and loved it the first time I hit with it! I don't know what people were complaining about when they said there was no power. There is so much power in this racket and the control is unbelievable. I could take a big swing at a forehand and it would go in. Volleys on this are very solid and crisp. You can generate a lot of spin. Great racket!
From: Jacob, Auckland, New Zealand 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricanes/ Xcel Power. 58lbs

Comments: I tested the pure storm recently along with the pure drive. I was so disappointed with the pure storm. I'm a reasonably good player and I can generate my own power and I felt like that was exactly what I had to do. I was surprised after reading all the reviews to find that this racket has almost no power. I spoke with one of the reps from Babolat who was at the courts and he said it was a control racket. I reckon my old Federer racket had more power. The pure drive with tungsten was much better and is still a great racket, but I think I will stick with my aero pro. After testing nearly every racket I still can't find any racket better. I will keep searching though due the fact the serving with this racket isn't great but despite I still think the best on the mark.
From: Colby, Australia 01/10
String type and tension: aero pro - Wilson k gut string
Headsize: 100sq

Comments: Great Racket! I used to use Roddick's racquet and tried this one! You loose power but the difference is control. If you have a power game and are looking for more control this is the racquet you should at least demo. What I did was put some more power oriented string on and it worked out perfectly in regards to power.
From: Alex, Miami
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour/XCEL (58 tension)

Comments: I've got the Babolat Pure Drive GT and a Babolat Pure Storm GT. I really like the feel of the PureDrive and love the power. You can really blast the ball with this racquet and retain control at the same time. It's a fairly stiff frame, but I suppose that's where the power comes from. The PureStorm (compared to the PureDrive) is slightly more of a control racquet, slightly more flexible (Babolat give it a flex rating of about 63 compared to 70 for the PD) and slightly easier on the arm. The main difference with the PureStorm is that I find I have to concentrate a bit more and make sure my body position and technique is more spot on when hitting the ball. The PureDrive flatters me a bit more but the payoff with the PureStorm is that although you can have to concentrate more in getting your technique right, you get a little bit more precision and accuracy in your shots, particularly with cross court shots - I feel can be more pinpoint with my accuracy (I guess the slightly smaller head helps here - 98 v 100). Both racquets have a similar 'Pure' range of feel. Hard to explain but they both feel that they have similar 'DNA' but one geared for power and the other geared for control. One final wording of caution - be careful not to string this at too high a tension. I tried a hybrid of a 1.25 mm poly main @ 57lbs with the original 1.30 Xcel crosses at 60lbs, and it felt a bit too 'boardy'. Lowering the tension to 54/56lbs made a huge difference.
From: Gavin, London, UK 01/10
String type and tension: Signum Hyperion 1.18 (mains), Babolat Xcel 1.25 (crosses)
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: My fifteen year old son traded a Roddick Pure Drive that was replaced by Babolat because he broke the throat of the racquet returning a forehand. He loved the new Pure Storm for a month until the racquet shattered at the frame right in the middle of the word "woofer" when he returned my serve in the center of the racquet. We were playing doubles with three of my contemporaries (60 year olds). This racquet was strung on a constant pull machine with Yonex Spin 15L at 53lbs. This is two pounds less than the recommended tension. We are questioning the quality of Babolat frames.
From: Stu, Albany, NY, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Yonex Spin 15L at 53lbs.
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This racquet is sensational! Tons of control, with ample power for whipping winners all over the court. I was originally skeptical of the ability of this stick to generate spin due to the 16X20 pattern (my former racquet was a Prince Ozone Four - 16X19), but the Pure Storm GT delivers great pop on my topspin forehand and awesome kick on my second serve. The racquet feels very solid on every stroke, yet is nimble and accurate at the net. I serve and volley a lot, and this stick is a perfect fit for my game. I demo'ed the Pure Storm GT, Wilson KBlade 98, Wilson KZen Team FX, and the Babolat Pure Drive GT. The KBlade 98 felt sluggish and heavy, particularly at the net. The KZen had good power, but lacked the control I was looking for. The Pure Drive felt really good on serves and was certainly powerful on groundies, but it felt and sounded hollow, and didn't have any degree of plow through or drive on short-hop backhands or mis-hits. On the other hand, the Pure Storm feels solid on just about every shot, affords great control and accuracy, and it's relatively reduced weight (11 oz., strung) allows you to take massive cuts at the ball without the fear of sending your shot over the fences. True, you do have to generate your own power, but why is that a problem? If you want to paddy-cake your shots, buy a 108 sq. in. stick and have at it. If you want to rip shots with pace and control, running your opponent all over and off the court, this is the racquet for you.
From: JJ, North Carolina 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 18, 58 lbs

Comments: I used to play with the older version of this racquet (orange and black). In fact, I switched from the old orange and black Storm to the next model made (Aero Storm). Never liked the Aero Storm, so went back to the original. I just recently gave the new GT model a try and LOVED it! It felt just right and customized it some hybrid strings and the "whistle" dampener. My serves have more spin and pop and groundstrokes are have control and depth. Even little drop shots have nice touch. I am a fan!
From: Karen, Oakwood, Ohio, USA. 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS gut/ XCEL Premium 17 gauge 58
Headsize: 98"

Comments: Great racquet, very smooth hitting, very consistent and control is great. This racquet has a very solid feel on just about every shot, and it absorbs pace very well for light racquet 11oz. A must demo!!!
From: Robert Nowomiejski, New york, NY 12/09
String type and tension: Gamma, asterisk tour 17g 58lb

Comments: Great racquet. I just changed from a head microgel instinct and I loved this racquet. It just has a great feel and it is great at the net. I bought 2 and I plan on saving up for a new one. Hopefully I get enough. :)
From: Dylan Bloor, Banora Point, New South Wales, Australia 12/09 String type and tension: Volkl cyclone 63 pounds Headsize: 98 NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: It's an okay racquet at best. I would like it a little more head light, because it can feel a little sluggish at times. I think there is just a little too much power for me. If the power was tamed down a little bit, I would probably get it.
From: Walker, Mobile, Alabama 11/09
String type and tension: Unique big hitter

Comments: This racket has a very solid feel on just about every shot, and it absorbs pace very well. In fact it plays like a heavier racket than its specs would suggest. That is why I didn't really like it that much. It is in the 11oz. range which I like, but the heavier swing weight was a problem for me. Not that the racket is heavy, but it just felt sluggish and wasn't easy for me to maneuver like my t-fight 295. You have to provide all the power with this one, which I was looking for, but it just didn't fit my game.
From: Rizza, Longview, Wa, U.S. 11/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Red Code 18g. 62lbs.

Comments: After demo'ing about 15 racquets, I bought two different brands...Prince Graphite 100 and Babolat Pure Storm GT. I have gravitated to the Babolat. It is lighter and more nimble and has a touch more control and forgiveness. It doesn't have the spin control of the Prince, but it has better consistency and placement and is better on serves (for me). The lightness of this racquet instills more confidence from baseline to net. It is the closest I've come to forgetting I actually have a racquet in my hand.
From: Darrin, Lake Oswego, OR 10/09
String type and tension: Prince Recoil (60)

Comments: Former pure drive fan. Got pd for the power, which it had, however it was low on control. I got the PST, played 3 matches with it and here is what I think. Serves: maybe 5 % less power then pd roddick but 75% control increase is well worth it. From baseline is where it gets super sweet. All power you need with 100% control. Extremely forgiving. Even if you feel the ball hitting the strings close to the frame, it still plows through and gets the ball across the net. Very good touch and feel at the net as well; spin is there if you need it. Flat shots are the bombs!! You can hit some heavy balls with this stick. Babolat Revenge string is what I used after Luxilon big banger, feels just as good if not better. I used Yonex rds 001 and 003, Pure Drive Roddick plus, pure storm original and finally pst gt!! Pst gt is by far the best of them all. The best racquet I ever played with. Thanks BABOLAT!!
From: John, Nashville, TN, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat revenge/xcel 60 LBS
Headsize:

Comments: I currently play with the Pure Control Team (I have for 5 years) and decided it was time for a change. I like my current racquet but wanted to see if I could get the same control with a bit more power. I demoed 4 racquets: Pure Storm GT, Pure Storm GT Tour, Aero Storm and AeroStorm Tour. While the PureStorm GT Tour is, on paper, the closest to my current racquet, I did not like it as much as I thought I would. Both PureStorm have a crisper/less muted feel than both Aerostorm. The PureStorm was my preferred racquet. Great control, good stability (despite lower weight than the Tour) and great power/control ratio. The PureStorm Tour somehow felt too heavy and it was hard to generate good pace on serve.
From: Alex, Virginia. 10/09

Comments: Off the shelf, this stick is a bit too light and evenly balanced. But all you have to do is replace the synthetic grip with a leather grip. This adds about 10g of weight and makes the racquet significantly more headlight, as it should be. The result is amazing! Add your favorite overgrip and a vibration dampener and you get a new racquet of about 335 grams (11.8 oz) with the perfect combination of plow through, maneuverability and buttery control. String with a soft multifilament like the Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase, and hit the courts asap! Groundstrokes, especially flatter balls, are rock-solid and consistently deep. Your opponents will be particularly sorry they ever served to your forehand. At the net, volleys are crisp and obedient: they go right where your racquet face directs them. Even difficult touch shots like half-volleys and drop-volleys become reliable weapons. Flat serves are a pleasure; though you may need a bit extra wrist snap on the spin serves. Very addictive experience. You won't want to leave the court even when it gets dark and you can't see the ball anymore. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

Comments: Response to Lance. I played with this one and the AeroStorm, and from them both I can tell you that this one is stiffer, but more solid. I also found the AeroStorm to be more comfortable/flexible and a bit easier to create topspin, but this one is great for the flat serve, as well as stability. They're both pretty similar, the main difference is the feel. If you're happy with your racquet right now, I wouldn't recommend switching, but if you want something more stable and better for the serve, give this one a shot.
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY, USA 09/09
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 1.23 @ 57 lbs

Comments: I'd like to know if anyone knows how this compares with the AeroStorm 2008, the 10.5 ounce (unstrung) version. I recently bought that one and so far I'm pretty happy with it, but still getting use to it. It feels like a more controlled version of the AeroPro but didn't feel need to add lead tape. It has a good solid feel and swing weight. Enough spin but also can really flatten out nicely. Great feel on volley too. Still feeling out the serve. I used AeroPro Drive for about a year but the ball sailed on me too much, too spinny and had to add a lot of lead tape. I saw Gonzalez destroy Tsonga @ US Open with the Pure Storm GT and it looks like he added about 7 inches of lead tape @ both 3 & 9 O'clock. I'd assume he also added tape in handle otherwise this becomes a hammer right? So if anyone had played with both this one and the Aero-Storm 2008 please let me know how they compare. Thanks!
From: Lance, New York, NY, USA. 09/09
String type and tension: Main -Kirschbaum Pro Line II 17 @ 53lbs - Crosses - PSGO 16 @ 58
Headsize: 98 sq. inch

Comments: I have been playing with this racket for about a month now. One word sums it up ... SOLID. I had been playing with the Wilson Six One 95 18 x 20. That is also a nice racket, but it is too heavy with its 340 swing weight. Before purchasing the Pure Storm GT, I demoed 10 other players rackets including the tour version which I also found to be too heavy. I decided to go with the lighter frame and customize it to my taste by adding some lead tape in the handle and a small amount at the 2 and 10 spots. I also demoed the older Pure Storm version. The new GT model feels much more solid and has more power. This racket yields solid ground strokes and is very stable and accurate at the net. Also easy to hit nice pace on serves and overheads. The slightly open 16 x 20 string pattern generates more spin than my previous 18 x 20 frame without sacrificing control. This, along with the reduced weight, makes it more maneuverable and less demanding to play with. At this point, I am very happy with my decision to purchase this racquet. May try to drop the string tension down a little to see how it performs since the frame has plenty of control already and is lower on the power scale.
From: Doug, St. Paul, MN USA 09/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT Tour 58lbs

Comments: Very reliable and control oriented racquet. A good stick for clay courts. Control and good pop for fighting for hours. I am testing it switching from Six One 95 18x20 which is absolutely more powerful. With Pure Storm GT, I can play with lower string tension. My elbow appreciates that a lot.
From: Alex, Italy. 9/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 25 kg
NTRP Rating: 4-5

Comments: I have the former version and the new version has a different feeling, so anybody looking for an update should demo this racquet first, probably a couple of times. I for one prefer the old model and will not switch, but I can see some players liking the new version better.
From: Armando, Virginia. 9/09
String type and tension: Babolat Excel (demo)
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I was originally going to get the Pure Drive GT, but I figured I would try this one before I did so, and boy am I glad I did. This racquet is incredible. Perfect power and control on the groundies while the serve and volleys are still amazing. It really lets you take rips of spin at the ball AND plow through. The main difference between this and the previous version is stability. This racquet is so much more stable than the older one, which makes it less demanding during match play. Going to get this one, a must demo for anybody!
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction

Comments: Just got back into the game after a 12 year layoff. I was looking for the right racquet. I demoed the Yonex RDS 001 Mid+, RDiS 100 Mid+, Wilson KFactor Tour 90, and the old Pure Storm. I was leaning towards the Yonex RDiS until my Wife convinced me to try some others before making a decision. Demoed The Pure Drive GT, Aero Drive Cortex, Aero Storm, and the Pure Storm GT. The Pure Storm GT at 11 oz., I thought was too light, but after hitting some ground strokes with it and serving with it, I was pleasantly surprised. The racquet is very stable and you can get just enough pop to hit winners from anywhere on court. Volleys felt good, not great, but the ability to maneuver the racquet in intense volley exchanges at the net convinced me that this was the right racquet. Just bought two of them and can't wait.
From: K. Cisneros, South Florida 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge, 60lbs.
Headsize:98 sq.

Comments: I've been hitting with all sorts of racquets for about three months now, finally got this one in the mail and I think this is the perfect racquet for me. I'm feeling the ball more with this racquet than any of the 20+ others I tried (all new models). Babolat's control series has always been great but I think they perfected it with this one. You really get the pop and control you want from this bad boy.
From: Ryan, Waco, Tx, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat addiction, 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: college level.

2009 Babolat Pure Storm Racquets