Babolat Pure Strike 16x19 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: Love the 16x19. Coming from a Dunlop F3.0 Tour, this racquet upped the power, comfort, and spin that I wasn't getting from the Dunlop. Be wary, this racquet can be quite string sensitive. As of right now, I have settled on a poly/syn gut hybrid that is working magically.
From: J, 8/14

Comments: I have both the Tour and the 16x19 versions of this frame. I have to give the upper hand to the Tour. The extra weight is perfect. I can rip it from anywhere I want. The 16x19 is too light for my taste. I felt like if I didn't swing as hard as I could it would go straight into the net. And when I did swing as hard as I could I would hit the ball long. This racquet doesn't have as much control or power as the Tour. The serve is a plus as it accelerates fast.
From: Zane, 7/14

Comments: I've been play testing this racquet for months, and finally decided to put it in play for good, replacing my Prince Rebel 98 and Prince Tour 100 (16x18). I had gone to the Prince due to arm strain issues coming off Babolat Pure Drive. I have not experienced arm issues with the Strike since finally settling on RPM Team at 48 lbs as the best string option for me on this one. I was very careful and deliberate in play testing extensively for about 2 months including league and tournament play. In the end, the stability and maneuverability of the Strike is superior for my game. I feel I can swing confidently with depth and spin on both sides. The performance on returns is phenomenal, especially against heat. And, on serve it out-performed anything else I've played with recently because the swingweight allows me to generate more speed for extra pace and spin.
From: Phil, 7/14

Comments: I am disappointed in this frame so far. Comparing to the Roddick GT I have been playing with, this one although lighter, feels sluggish, heavier and dull on impact with the ball. I probably picked up a little pace on serve, and after hitting with it a bit I was finding decent groundstrokes with the Pure Strike in spite of the lack of feel. The real red flag for me is that I had arm pain on the inside of my elbow, which I've never had before. I haven't given up on it yet. I originally strung it like I do the Roddick, with Solinco Tour Bite 19 in the mains and RPM Blast 18 in the crosses and that just didn't work. Going to RPM 18 in the mains and Excel in the crosses as it says on the frame. We'll see if that wakes up this racquet. I hope so, or I'll have to buy up several more Roddicks. Probably not what Babolat wants to hear.
From: Don, 6/14

Comments: Good overall solid racquet. I didn't like it for the 1st hour of hitting because the sweet spot felt too small and the racquet felt so underpowered compared to my Blade 98 and I was about to give up on it. On my next outing, I was able to finally adjust to the feel and launch angle and it started clicking. Serves had good control and pace but not as much pop as a Pure Drive or Blade 98. It has a nice soft, flexy feel which gave good touch and control from the baseline and net. I liked it much better than the 18x20 version which felt underpowered with a smaller sweetspot (dead spot at the top of the sweetspot) while it still had nearly as much control. I like the blend of feel and power. I've been going through many racquets lately (Pure Drive, Aeropro, Blade 98, Yonex Ai98, Babolat Pure Control, Head Speed Pro, Graphene Radical Pro) and I find this racquet to fit my game. It reminds me of my liquidmetal Radical but allows me to serve much better maybe due to having a little more mass in the upper hoop. The softness and flex felt similar to the older line of Head Radicals -- not the new Graphene version which is too stiff and does not have enough feel which left me feeling disconnected from my shots. This racquet is a good control racquet for the advanced player but you have to be able to supply some of the pace. I find it a little more powerful than the new Babolat Pure Control line but with good control still -- good pocketing on shots.

Comments: Very solid stick and one of my favorites that I have hit with this year. I bought a few for an extended play test. It's very different from most Babolat sticks. It has really nice feel and control. I string mine with Hurricane Tour at 59 lbs and I play 5.0 level (Open 40s USTA). I must add that mine came in a good bit heavier than the specs that TW lists. All three are 11.7 oz strung with no mods which is about perfect for me. I did match them with the demo that I used, but I do know find most of them were around the weight that TW lists.

Comments: Nice stick! So, I've been using a Wilson Blade 98 18x20 for the past year and a half. I demoed this and I've put in about 8 hours with it. The cosmetics are great. Not the best I've ever seen, but very clean. I like the matte finish and the gun metal gray color as opposed to black. It wasn't as stiff for me as some others have complained. I found it somewhat stiff, but the feel and comfort weren't lacking. The power is about medium, with less pop than, say, the AeroPro Drive, but more than my Blade. Not quite as good control, but definitely more spin and more pop. I could hit a big forehand with this racquet when I had time to set-up, getting more pace than I ever could with the Blade. I did notice a slight lack in consistency, but that was more contributed by my own poor technique. Plus, I wasn't fully adapted to the stick. You can't give a final decision on a racquet's overall quality with under 10 hours of playtime. But from my brief playtest, I think this is a very good control-oriented racquet with decent pop and spin.

Comments: I'm playing with Babolat Pure Storm, so I thought this would be similar, but it did not meet my expectations. It felt sluggish, heavier than its weight, too stiff and I could not control my shots just got away from me. Good power and spin so it might work for baseliners, although there are better racquets than this one.
From: Pete, 5/14

Comments: I currently play with the Pure Storm Tour, GT model. Despite the lighter weight, this racquet has a higher effective swingweight and is a bit less maneuverable. The stiffness makes it somewhat more powerful, but at the cost of comfort. Much more pop on serve, but also harder to control on groundstrokes. Overall, a good racquet, just not amazing. Feels stiffer than the rating would suggest.

Comments: Solid stick. Good power, control and fairly easy to wield.

Comments: This is an incredible racquet. I hit shots that I usually don't make with this. Impossible to not hit a solid shot with this racquet. This is a must demo. Not too heavy but heavy enough to generate power.
From: Earl, 4/14