Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus 2013 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I'm a little gutted that this model's being phased out. Considering Roddick put Babolat on the map for the western world. But I'll give a review none the less. The controllable power is through the roof. Don't let the extra length deter you. It's pretty quick through the contact zone for heaps of spin. While comparable, it is more versatile than an Aeropro regarding volleys and flat shots. And of course the serve is just huge as you would expect. As a serve and volley guy to begin, touch shots were an adjustment but theyre now really good. Don't be afraid to customize this with some lead in the upper hoop. It whips through even faster if you do it. The only achilles heel to this racquet is the comfort. But nothing that a hybrid cross can't fix. Stay away from any aluminim co poly strings strings. Precision is good enough. I'm still new to it but it's getting better and better.

Comments: I agree with the bulk of the comments here. I play in Fort Lauderdale on clay courts all year long. This racquet fits my clay court baseline-grinder game perfectly. I had been pretty much been a lifelong Prince player. But this racquet made me switch over as soon as I demoed it. I noticed the extra pop on my serves. My kick serve hops up more, my flat serve has more zip and my groundies have plenty of zip, possibly more than before, but not sure about that. I do also agree with the others that the added swingweight means you have to be a gym dude to get the benefits from this one. If I miss a few weeks of lifting, I can feel it when swinging with this racquet. I most definitely recommended this one for non-senior players who have a 4.0 or above all-court game.
From: Ung, 11/13

Comments: It took me a month (playing 3-4 times a week) to get used to this racquet. I initially strung it at 54 lbs and had pains in my elbow after playing. My control also became a bit awry due to the racquet's stiffness and heavy swing-weight. After playing constantly and restringing my racquet to 50 lbs. I noticed that my serve became heavier and my groundstrokes had an extra "pop" to it. The reviews are right though, this racquet must be used with caution as it is suited for advanced players with a developed style already.
From: Richard, 6/13

Comments: I've been using the Pure Drive Series since Carlos Moya. It's not comfortable for me to swing it at the baseline or use a drop shot on my opponents. So I will go back to using the 2009 Pure Drive.
From: Peter, 3/13

Comments: As a firm believer in the Babolat Roddick series, this one did not disappoint. I've played with all of the previous Roddick racquets, and this one is by far the best. From my serving to my ground strokes I have found no better racquet than this one.
From: Tyler, 1/13

Comments: This is a great and terrible tennis racquet all rolled into one. I strung it with Babolat RPM at a low tension and it played really good, with lots of power and spin. Then I started developing elbow pains like I never had before. I tried a softer string but it didn't feel as good and still stiffer than my elbow could deal with. Unfortunately, I had to switch at the end of the day.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g @ 54lbs

Comments: I agree with Rob. I regret buying this racquet. It feels a lot stiffer on impact compared to the PD Plus. I'm having a hard time selling it too. The added weight has done nothing to improve my game. In fact, it's led to wrist and arm problems.
From: Wen, 8/12
String type and tension: Topspin Cyber Blue @ 45/47 lbs

Comments: I've been hitting with this for a week now, and comparing it to last year's GT+ model, am I the only one who notices how stiffer this new one is? I like the flexibility of last year's Roddick GT+.
From: Rob, 6/12

Comments: As a former user of the Pure Drive Roddick Plus GT model, I thought I had a clue of what this racquet would have to offer. I have to admit Babolat really surprised me with this one. This stick is a phenomenal improvement over the old model. There is more plow through, more easy power and I would say better control as well. Much more feel, not nearly as boardy as the last one was. There is a very nice sweet spot. I added 8 grams of silicone to the tip of the handle and it feels as buttery as a Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 90 BLX. I tried 52/55 lbs the first time I strung them up, thinking I would have to go up in tension gradually until I found the right mix. However, I was completely wrong. I plan on trying 46/49 lbs next time.
From: Jason, 6/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Team 17 / Babolat VS Touch 16, 52/55 lbs

Comments: I love this racquet. My peers first started saying how much better both my first and second serves got compared to my old Youtek Radical I previously used. I also enjoy all the types of groundstrokes with this racket. Overall, it has elevated my game a lot more than I imagined.
From: Heath, 5/12
String type and tension: Spin Cycle, 58lbs

Comments: So reluctant as I never enjoyed any Babolat previous to my demo of this. I don't even know why I demo'd it, except I wanted a fourth choice to take full advantage. I'm 44 years old, big server, flat ground strokes, losing pop after shoulder surgery years ago. I love my Wilson BLX 95 6.1 but can't find the 18x20 sticks anymore(and I don't like the new one). I hated to love this racquet, but really, it's like cheating. Serving at 3/4 effort had more pace than muscling thru my previous stick, my kick is going over peoples shoulders, I feel guilty playing with it.
String type and tension: Gamma Live Wire, 62lbs

Comments: I used the previous version for about a year. Loved the PDRGT+ but there was always something missing from it and the string bed felt very spotty. Not the case with this one. It was an easy switch from my Donnay X-P Dual Black 102. I have customized this myself to 28" and it plays phenomenally. Bottom line is that most people can't play with this racquet because you have to have good control and good technique.
From: Jason, 4/12

Comments: Demoed this racket after I broke my old pure drive. I felt it was much superior to the AeroPro Drive GT. The PDR+ is great for power and spin, and it also offers control. I enjoy hitting a slice backhand, ground strokes, and this racket compliments any players serve. The weight was not a factor for me as I am a football player. Overall, Babolat makes the best rackets and this is by far my favorite.
From: Aubrey, 4/12

Comments: I switched from the Yonex RDiS 100 mid to the PDR+ recently. Though the two sticks don't really compare, I must say that I am so glad I made the change. The PDR+ suits my baseline game well. I have a compact swing, so this stick really fits my style. I do not find it overly powerful as some other reviews have noted. The swingweight is perfect for my serve. I can tell I have a little more pop. I have it strung with Hurricane Feel 16g at 58 lbs. Bravo to Babolat for such a well-rounded stick.
From: Ben, 3/12

Comments: Wow- this has so much power, control, touch and feel. I cannot recommend it any better for a solid base liner. It allows solid encroaching shots and has superb feel at a net. This is a truly modern racket without the fearsome stiffness of the Storm models. I loved the extra long handle and the weight.

Comments: I switched from the Yonex RDiS 100 mid to the PDR+ recently. Though the two sticks don't really compare, I must say that I am so glad I made the change. The PDR+ suits my baseline game well. I have a compact swing, so this stick really fits my style. I do not find it overly powerful as some other reviews have noted. The swing weight is perfect for my serve...I can tell I have a little more pop. I have it strung with Hurricane Feel 16g at 58 lbs. Bravo to Babolat for such a well-rounded stick.
From: Ben, 3/12

Comments: This racket is golden, a dream to any man that would like to hit with a lot more power. I had the previous version of this racket, I loved that racket with all my heart. But when I heard of this racket, I needed it. After a few days of hitting with it, I will say: the cortex and woofer were drastically improved, but, there was more power than the previous version, and trust me, you may think that's good, but you sacrifice a lot more control than you did in the previous racket. I recommend this to someone who is PERFECT with his strokes, otherwise, go to the blue version.
From: Bruno, 3/12

Comments: A real improvement over the old model. Still a slight reminder in the elbow that one has played 5 hours tennis, but just a distant memory rather than a nagging feeling. Immense on serves, all the power one could want, but increased accuracy. You can play a full really full BH slice and the racket has another gear you did not realize was there. Really impressive and a real looker too. Wow! This used to be a racket for a rainy day, and the weapon of choice was a K90 or PB Mid10, but this racket has really come of age.

Comments: This is an outstanding stick! It provides a ton of serving power. It increased my serve speed by 7-9 mph. I've owned and loved the two previous models. This one definitely has the most solid feel. I hit heavy top spin, and this racquet accommodates very well. I would strongly suggest stringing it with RPM Blast also. Overall an amazing racquet. I would strongly recommend it.
From: Stephen, 3/12

Comments: I used the old version of this racket and after demoing I knew I had to have it. The stability of the racket at the net was a dream in comparison to the last model. My volley improved drastically just from the change of racket. Like everyone else has said the power is impressive, and serves are beastly with this thing. If you have the old version I would highly suggest demoing this racket, there was enough change for me to want the upgrade in models.

From: Bruno, 3/12

Comments: Just ordered this beast, can't wait to get it!
From: Ryan, 2/12

Comments: Demoed this stick with multi @ mid tension. Felt very similar to last year. No more hollow pinging sound though. A little unstable at the net. Serves are still good, spins and flat shots are good too. I guess I'm not rushing out to buy this year's model.
From: Tim, 2/12

From: Bruno, 2/12

Comments: Love love love love love this stick. I play for the tennis team at Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC, and can't say how much this new Pure Drive version ROCKS! I've been testing multiple racquets (Head Prestige MP, Babolat AeroPro Drive, Volkl PB 10 Mid) and the previous version of the Roddick+ was definitely a favorite. As soon as these came out, I had to get my hands on it. By far, every shot has more power and spin than ever before. Serves have shown the biggest change. At practice we are constantly playing against different members on the team and I felt bad that one of my teammate's hand was injured from the added power in my serves. The added length is helpful in my opinion due to the ability to toss the ball up higher on serves and have a longer reach. Then if that wasn't enough, net play because a breeze and created fantastic short putaway shots. I decided to go with RPM Blast 17 strings and they compliment the racquet real well. I'm a huge fan of slice backhand shots and I produced so much more spin than normal. Truly an exceptional stick, worthy of taking it out for a play test to see that you'll never settle for less.
From: Leo, 2/12
String type and tension: RPM Blast 17, 57lb

Comments: Very impressed. Was using the Aero + with some lead weight. This is a very sweet feeling racquet and I got a lot more action off of my serve than I do with the Aero. My opinion, a much more powerful racquet and more feel than the Aero +. If you have the strength to handle the extra weight this is a very sweet stick!!! Can't express how impressed I am with it.

Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus 2013 Racquets - Where to go from here

Babolat Pure Drive Racquets
Babolat Best Sellers
Babolat Sale Racquets
Babolat Spin Friendly Racquets
Babolat Racquet Reviews
Up to 85% off Racquets
27.5 Inch Tennis Racquets
9.19.11 - [7] babolat samples (IAH)
Babolat Woofer