Babolat Hybrid Hurricane Tour+XCel 16 String Customer feedback

Comments: Great strings but like everybody is saying, the mains cut through the crosses way too fast like a razor blade. I would not recommend buying these strings unless u have money to burn because they do not last long at all. I actually took out the crosses and restrung just the crosses because the mains were fine.
From: Brendan, 4/14

Comments: I never played with a hybrid setup and now I bought these, I am never going back. These strings are great and people were even telling me how much better my shots were. I would highly recommend these strings, they have power and comfort.
From: Brendan, 3/14

Comments: I'm using these at 56 lbs with a Babolat Pro Drive and my control and net clearance are significantly better. This combination offers far better spin and durability than most other comfort based sets while allowing for a significant amount of power and feel.
From: Ted, 3/14

Comments: Just got this set and they feel great at 58 and 54lbs on my ProStaff. Maybe a difference of 2-3 pounds is better but I like this combination.

Comments: I love these strings!!! I am a high school player and these strings give me awesome control and power, with great access to spin. I have them on a Babolat Pure Drive at 58 pounds.
From: Logan, 7/12

Comments: These strings feel amazing. The only down side is the mains cut through the crosses really fast. The xcel broke after 3 games for me. I will go back to the full hurricane bed. I would recommend if you're planning to experiment with strings.
From: Armin, 2/12

Comments: As with many of the other comments, Babolat Pro Hurricane was too stiff and had very little touch. However, if you add Babolat Xcel on the crosses you get great control and amazing touch. This hybrid with my raquet (Head Speed MP 18x20) is the best combination ever! It has surprisingly good durability as well.
From: Oscar, 12/11

Comments: I have this string on one of my Head Radical MicroGel MP (27kgs main/26kgs crosses), and it's really a great string! Tons of control, great spin, and good power for serving or hitting flat. Great choice if you look for control and "played" gaming.
From: Francesco, Milan, Italy, 02/11
Racquet: Head Radical MicroGel MP (98)
NTRP Rating: low 4.5

Comments: These are great strings for experienced players who want an abundance of spin and can play relaxed. I usually get mine at a loose tension but that's because I have a racquet with a 95 square inch head and value the ability to drive the ball through the court the tension is all about your game and your racquet I don't suggest the tightest tension however unless you want your arm to be sore all the time. These string lose very little tension. The mains dig into the crosses but that's to be expected when you buy a tough unforgiving polyester string for the mains and put them at a loose tension. All in all the best string I've ever experimented with more bite then tnt and sensation but better feel then the Luxilon or just pro hurricane or pro hurricane tour.
From: Ian, Chanute, KS, USA, 10/10 4.5

Comments: These were awesome strings, with both power and spin. They were much better than Wilson and Power Rough Hybrid. I won't use any other sting combo.
From: Rob, Atlanta, GA, USA, 09/10

Comments: I have to agree with some of the comments above. My spin has improved much with this string, also the feel is great. I just noticed that after 2 weeks, the ball doesn't spin that much...I'm just not sure if the tension loosened up a bit already. Also, the Mains dig into the Crosses. But overall, I still like this string.
From: James, Manila, Philippines, 06/10

Comments: Greats Strings! String wear is inevitable. One thing - don't get the max recommended tension. These strings hold their tension TOO well. My friend got these on his AeroPro Drive+ at 63LB and the feel was just absolutely horrible. not even a shock absorber can fix it. Recommended for experienced players that know what they're looking for.
From: Kevin, Carrollton, TX, USA. 06/10

Comments: These are great strings! I recommend Hurricanes at mains and Xcel at crosses at a higher tension for stability. Incredible strings!
From: Marc, Boston, MA, USA. 04/10

Comments: Very nice strings, I liked the spin and control it gives. The only thing I didn't like about them is the pro hurricane digs through the xcel crosses, and later on it breaks. But overall a great strings.
From: Andrew, Houston, TX, USA, 02/10

Comments: I had some elbow problems after going to the Babolat Pure Drive (which I dearly love) so the local stringer recommended Tonic Gut for the mains (59 lbs) and a soft synthetic (I'm using the Xcel 16ga) at 55 lbs for the crosses. A great combination that doesn't break the bank; since I'm an older 4.0 man with less racquet head speed than I had ten years ago I seldom break a string so the little extra cost of the Tonic Gut is of little concern. I believe the crosses are normally strung tighter than the mains, but since the Tonic Gut stretches more he strings the mains tighter than the crosses with this setup. Just a hint for you stronger men playing the Babolat PD - I put two strips of lead tape at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and it helps greatly with off center ground strokes and volleys. Costs $5.00 to try it, take it off if you don't like it.
From: Jeffrey, Peoria, IL, USA 11/09

Comments: This is a great combo but I do have to agree with many of the above comments. If you hit a consistently heavy ball you will blow the Excel cross in about 8-10 hours of play time. I have considered going back to using just Hurricane Tour for the entire racquet but the trade-off of the feel you get with the Excel is not worth it. If you don't blow strings too often or if you do and don't mind restringing frequently this combo is a no brainer!
From: Chris, 5.0, Toronto, ON, Canada 10/09

Comments:This is a very nice combo if you're looking for a bit of everything. I would definitely string the XCel down otherwise the Hurricane will cut through it in no time.
From: Nyemike, Plano, TX, USA, 10/09

Comments: Great string!! It cups the ball very well, has great feel. I felt I just about hit any type of shot. Slicing the ball was amazing.. But the only downfall.. the crosses broke after 2 sets.. strung both strings @64lbs
From: Dalica, Woonsocket, RI, USA 09/09

Comments: Too bad for those who are seeking longer string life. I used it for 3 days. About 4 hours of play. Then my X-Cel strings broke. But the combination of the string is impressive. I would advice you to reduce tension of Xcel string rather than pro hurricane tour.
From: Daeng, Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia 06/09
K-Factor KSix-one 95

Comments: Love this string, have been playing with it since the month it came out. Nice power and control. I am lucky if it lasts me 3 matches, but it is worth every penny.
From: Jon, Norman, OK, USA. 04/09
String and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour Mains 68lbs / XCel crosses 70lbs 16g
Racquet: Pure Drive Roddick Plus
NTRP: 4.5

Comments: If you string them tight, you'll feel this is a very stiff combination. But after a while (2-3 hour play), especially pro hurricane will get softer and you'll get a nice touch to the ball. Good combination for power and spin. This hybrid is way better than only pro hurricane both as mains and crosses. Because you'll have extra feel with Babolat Xcel in this hybrid.
From: Ozan, Turkey, 12/08

Comments: I tried these strings out for the first time yesterday, and I'm hooked. My new Pure Drive Roddick felt overpowered with my first setup (synthetic gut in mains and crosses), but these strings (which I set up pretty tight) gave me the perfect balance of power and control. Now I love my PDR and the Hurricane Tour/XCel strings. Excellent combination.
From: Geoff, San Francisco, CA, USA, 09/08

Comments: Feels great, nice spin, Pro Hurricane Tour sawed through the multi Xcel super fast. Currently trying PHT and synthetic gut crosses, doesn't feel as nice but lasting much longer.
From: Michael, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 08/08

Comments: This string is amazing the pro hurricane tour is a little stiff and plays like you are hitting with a board but if you swing hard enough you will get crazy spin power and control if you are trying to step up your game this is the string for you.
From: Blake, Westerville, OH, USA, 07/08

Comments: This is a comfortable string to play with, but the Hurricane cut through the XCel pretty quickly. I prefer the all Hurricane or gut hybrid. The all Hurricane just gives me more control and durability on my Pure Drives.
From: scott, St.louis, Mo, USA. 7/08

Comments: Good for the first week then loses tension fast.
From: Anon, Austin, Texas. 7/08

Comments: I've been playing with my set for a couple of months now, and I am pretty happy. I am now starting to notice a little loss in tension. The Hurricane is starting to saw through the XCel crosses, so I don't think it will last too much longer, but I am happy with the set and would recommend it.
From: Thomas, Minneapolis, MN. 6/08
Head Microgel Extreme Pro mains & crosses @ 60lbs

Comments: Very nice combo string, lesser in performance than gut but will do the job. It's good for spin. Hurricane in mains will do just fine . 55-63 lbs depending on surface. For those of you "string breakers," I just can't see how anyone can break this in 45 minutes!
From: Mort.Darius, Bethesda, MD, USA. 5/08
5.0 level, Wilson. K Tour 90.

Comments: This is by far the best hybrid combo short of natural gut. I strung the Hurricane in the mains at 58 and the XCel at 60 to reduce the power. I couldn't believe all the access to spin and power. First time out with these strings I hit several perfect running topspin lobs. I was taking full cuts and everything landing well inside the baseline. Volleys were like a hot knife through butter. I have played with Wilson NXT/Luxilon, which was good, but I am gonna stick with this combo unless they don't make it anymore.
From: Adam, Sandy Springs, GA, USA. 5/08

Comments: I recently went to this string pattern after using Dura Spin and Syn Gut hybrid from another string set. In an attempt to find what I am looking for and a comfort level I have tried to alternate string tensions to find exactly what I am looking for, power, feel, and spin. My Babolat PD is the best racket that I have played with; I have been playing with it for almost 2 years.
From: Mike, Tacoma, WA, USA, 04/08

Comments: The best hybrid unless you can regularly afford Pro Hurricane Tour and VS Gut. If you have tried an all Pro Hurricane Tour setup and you felt it to be great for power and spin but a little stiff and uncomfortable, have a go with Tour in the mains and XCel in the crosses. You still get the benefits of the Tour, and the XCel makes it really comfortable. Not bad at all, especially with the price.
From: Anil, Houston, Texas. 2/08

Comments: This is a very excellent string, not expensive with perfect feel and spin. My only complaint about the string that the synthetic gut doesn't last long. I get them strung every day because it breaks so quickly. For string breakers like me putting the XCel strings in the crosses is definitely the way to go. I put the XCel in the mains and broke it 45 minutes tops. Putting the XCel in the mains will give you amazing spin and shot placement. Just depends on skill level.
From: Tu, Jacksonville, FL, United States. 1/08
Strings: Babolat 17g Pro Hurricane Tour mains/58 XCel crosses/56
Racquet: K Factor Tour 90
NTRP rating: 5.0

Comments: My racquet was strung with the Pro Hurricane Tour before. I liked that string but found it a little bit too stiff. I decided to go for a compromise and went for this hybrid. Excellent decision. Much more balanced string. I recommend this hybrid to anyone who feels the same way about the Pro Hurricane Tour.
From: Jean, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 01/08