Comments: This is a great racquet for those going into the advanced level. It's also great for those who really cannot generate much power at all. I liked this racquet because it gave me easy points on serves. Many were aces. A problem I found was that the grommets are very weak and if you hit the ball in the wrong areas, the grommets will break. I actually broke the grommets really easily in the first few days within ordering. On the next update of their racquets, they should make stronger grommets with the same Woofer technology. Other than the grommets, the racquet is really amazing.

Comments: This racquet completely suprised me! I am 15 years old and bought this in Hong Kong as it was on a very cheap discount due to the newer version already in the market for quite some time already. I always knew it could generate tons of power, but what really got me was the plowthrough, massive spin and control! Control! I could not believe it, I was blasting balls to corners of the court and my friends looked at me like I've done something they have never seen me do before. Partly was because I strung it with a poly, the Babolat RPM Blast at a very high tension of 58 lbs. This gave me the control to blast the ball in any direction and with tons of spin. The plowthrough also helped me with the control, as it went through the ball easily and smoothly, guiding the ball to the direction I wanted to hit. Now some of you are thinking this racquet is too stiff! I have had experience with stiff racquets (believe me, my Instinct IG MP strung with the RPM Blast I used with this HURT my arm). With this, my arm did not feel a thing, the Cortex technology really helped and the big sweetspot caused less off-center shots which was a plus. Although it's too powerful for a multifilament, this racquet will do well with any poly. However, if you already have tennis elbow, it might be too stiff. However, if you don't the stiffness shouldn't be stopping you from trying this racquet. Why did I buy this instead of the newer version? Because of the feel. I actually liked the feel better on this racquet than the newer version, but I guess it's more of a personal preference. I've had a little problem getting the timings of my 2 handed backhand and my serves, but I've only played around 2 hours with this so this problem is easily solved. Volleys were crisp, as I could just place the racquet there and it'll do the job. Power with spin on groundstrokes and serves came easily. This racquet really fits in with anyone who likes playing aggressive with the big serve, big groundstroke and attacks the net when able to. Unless you're looking for a control-only racquet, this one is as good as you can get with power and control. It's a good all-around powerful, yet controllable stick. I love this cosmetic more than the new version too!
From: Dixon, 12/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet has great power from the baseline. If you play someone who hits really hard it is able to absorb it really well. I recommend getting a good set of strings because the power can result in a lot of errors. You really have to commit to your shots with this racquet, especially with the serve, otherwise you will have trouble keeping the ball in. Overall, I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it to baseline players.
From: Douglas, 9/12
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 60 lbs

Comments: I stupidly did not demo first and bought a couple of these sticks about a year ago. They are very solid racquets and do well on both the serve and volley aspects of game. Very good pop for both. I am more of a baseliner and where I had trouble was the groundies. I have fairly long and fast strokes and the power with this racquet was too much. Also, I began to have arm troubles for the first time, both shoulder and elbow. I went to a full bed of synthetic gut and it helped but did not fully go away. If you have a big swing and want to grind away from the baseline, but you have had any arm issues, don't even try it. It's way too stiff and powerful. Looking into more arm friendly player's racquets at this point. Also just something I found interesting...Roddick very recently retired and seemed to complain often about his arm feeling like hamburger. Shocking.
From: Stefan, 9/12
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 17g mains @ 57 lbs / Wilson NXT crosses @ 55 lbs

Comments: I demoed the 2012 and bought the 2011 instead. The 2011 GT model just felt better on serves and generated more spins for me. It also looks nicer on the court during a sunny day.
From: Simon, 7/12

Comments: As a tennis coach who has played with this racquet for two years, I can safely say that this is a big boy racquet, but not meant for actual big boys. Anyone over 6 foot tall should probably look elsewhere, as your natural swing will tend to send baseline shots long. A stiff racquet that can be unforgiving is great for those people who have solid skill but need some help in the power department. Those with smaller statures, or incredibly short swings, will find this stick gives great depth into the court. As a service stick this racquet may as well be a cannon. Hit correctly serves are crisp, controllable, heavy, and fast. Hit it incorrectly, you'll know. One of my favorite racquets to have ever played with I am sad to say that I outgrew it, and its simply to powerful. Still to the player who is informed about what he is looking for, I could not recommend this racket more. Well done Babolat. I give it a 9.5/10. Pros: Great access to power and spin. Light and maneuverable. Cons: Often too powerful for high level players. Very stiff stick.
From: Logan, 5/12
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite (Mains 58 lbs.) Solinco Vanquish (Crosses 59 lbs.)

Comments: I usually stay away from Babolat like it's a diseased animal. But for once, I gave a Babolat a chance. Very impressed. I tried this one and the new one (black paint) and I liked the balance and feel this one has. The new one is different, not bad, just different. This racquet is also one of those sticks that you need to string correctly. I hit with the Babolat Addiction at 55 lbs and I had no feel, no control. I cut those after ten shots and strung in some of the famed rpm blast string. What a difference. It was night and day. The power, feel, control, spin and pop just exploded out of this stick. I knew the racquet was a poly lover from then on. I just picked up my second one yesterday and am looking forward to tournament play with this intense stick.
From: Nicolla, 4/12

Comments: This racket is high powered to make up for its weight. It is too light for my liking and is way too stiff. Whenever I hit a baseline shot, I feel the shock in my elbow. After volleys, I feel shock in my wrist. I am going to switch to a Head Prestige but need help finding the right one. I am open to suggestions and please post on either this review sheet or the Prestige review sheet. Thank you.

Comments: Way too stiff for me. After I hit a shot, I could feel the shock in my elbow. My volleys suffered due to the shock in my wrist. It is also very light for my liking. I am going to try the head prestige line hoping for more flex and weight.

Comments: I absolutely love this racket more power and spin. I was using the older version prince rebel team and I felt I wasn't as good as I could be as I improved.I ordered this racket on April 3rd and it arrived today. I've hit with babolats before but this one came on top between this and the pure storm the babolat pure drive gt one. the combination of power control and spin is wonderful on court I'll be sticking with this for a while.Very forgiving good power and spin. I recommend to baseliners and volleyers because this stick is also very good on volleys. OK in short: all around good stick.
From: Kalino, 4/12

Comments: Great racquet. It probably doesn't offer the level of control that flat hitters are looking for, but if you like to hit moderate to heavy topspin, this racquet is perfect. It lets shots with lots of pace stay in the court, and it keeps heavy spinning angled shots moving. This racquet easily adds an extra 10mph over a typical soft, low-powered player racquets. Volleys will take some adjustments, but once you make the adjustment, you'll be rewarded. I would highly recommend this racquet to 4.0+ topspin players who look to make weapons out of serves and groundstrokes.
String type and tension: WeissCannon Scorpion/Wilson Stamina, 55lbs

Comments: I have owned numerous high dollar racquets before, and I have to say, this is the best racquet I have ever used/owned. I'm a strong player and I love racquets that require you to generate the power; and this racquet performs it perfectly. The top spin, pinpoint accuracy, and amazing control makes this racquet second to none. This racquet is astounding and I recommend it for any player.
From: Tyler, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 60 lbs and Babolat Pro Hurricane at 62 lbs

Comments: I found this to be a very stiff racquet. It has too much power for me, but provides great spin on serve and forehand. I have a fast racquet head speed and with this racquet most of my shots went out.
From: Josh, 7/11
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: This is an EXCELLENT racquet. I am 40 years old returning to the game after many years away. I am a former coach and club player. I was looking for what I thought might be a combination of my favorite sticks - the Pro Staff Classic 6.1 and POG. The Pro Staff has the stiffness required for good pop on the serve while the POG has great feel and excellent ground strokes although control, net play and serves fall off for me with the POG. I studied the specs on both and tried to create my own hybrid mix. After trying many sticks, I found this one to be the perfect blend for my game. Serves 10/10; Volleys 9/10; Ground strokes 8.5/10; Return 8.5/10; Control 9/10; Spin 8/10. I am surprised by the number of reviewers who say they can't get good "pop" on their serves while they are playing with low stiffness sticks. I'm also surprised by the number of reviewers who say they can't get a solid feel on their ground strokes while they are playing with sticks that weigh 10oz or less. In my opinion, a stick needs to weigh 11.5oz or more for sufficient plow through. I also believe that if you want serves to "pop" go for stiffness. I would not believe the questionable information that heavier sticks cause tennis elbow - I've found it is actually a lighter stick that leads to this problem (along with many other variables.)
From: Scott. 07/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour (Mains) & VS Hybrid (Cross) 59lbs

Comments: This racquet is near perfect for my game. I am a former Pro Staff 6.1 and Prince Original Graphite player. I was looking for a good blend of both racquets and found it. This racquet makes a good serve better, a volley more crisp and ground strokes are great when you hit the sweet spot. It is very playable. Don't be scared away by the weight or stiffness. Demo this racquet and give it a couple of days. You'll be happy you did!
From: Patrick, 7/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Pro Tour 59lbs

Comments: Somewhat counter to expectations in some ways after a first hit: usual racquet BLX90 Tour for reference. Forehand from the baseline, as expected, plenty of pace and spin, and, even, placement available. Volleys - great! Even those low dipping ones heading to the feet. Serves - difficult to get any sort of pop or kick (no such problem with the BLX). Backhand: these wide beam racquets don't really like a single handed backhand it would seem - when struck - very sweet; but it seems unwieldy and a chore to initially set up and then generate the racquet head speed that is so easy on the BLX. It is on the short balls that this racquet really astonishes - it will mop up anything - even junked/mis-hit returns - and allow real spite to be put on the ball with the surety that the spin will drag it in court. So, not really enough playing with this to do it justice - but first impressions were intriguing. A few more adjustments (particularly on the service) will clearly be necessary to get the best out of this racquet - but what a promising stick.
From: Simon. 6/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM @ 59 lbs

Comments: Great racquet. Amazing power and spin. A must demo for all of those baseline blasters out there. Easy to swing too.
From: Ed. 6/11
String type and tension: Kirshbaum Proline II @ 56 lbs

Comments: Great pace on the ball, good spin and deep on every shot with good stability and precision. The serve is a cannonball, and the racquet is not so heavy to move, quite easy and with no vibration. A very good choice for all kind of powerful modern players.
From: Gabriele Medri. 5/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Hyperion

Comments: I picked up this racquet yesterday and from the first ball I was used to it on pretty much every single shot and straight away my groundstrokes were going perfect didn't lose anything at all apart from the odd backhand. Volleys were really soild and came of the racquet really well. My serving was brilliant. I was getting a first serve harder in the court and most of my first serves was unreturnable, and my second serve felt better as well with this racquet. there is a more soild feeling aound this racquet compared to the old Cortex Pure Drive.
From: George, Kent, England. 4/11

Comments: This stick is not for the faint of heart. It takes a strong, solid, stable stroke to get the full potential out of this racquet. It's stiff, powerful and unforgiving. Having said that, this thing is a service monster, spits out powerful unyielding groundies and returns heavy serves and groundies with disdain and inpunity. If one has a flaw in their serve, groundies or volleys look elsewhere. You won't be happy and you'll hurt your arm/elbow. You must bring your big boy game to wield this beast.
From: Brian, Las Vegas, NV, USA. 4/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction @ 55 lbs

Comments: I regret buying the apdgt after trying this one. Hits with less spin than the apdgt, but much better pace on the ball. Ignore the 4.5 recommendation, a 3.5 level player could just this just fine.
From: Jessie, Honolulu, HI, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g @ 58 lbs

Comments: I want to update my previous review since I changed the weight/balance specs since then. I use Wilson NXT 16 gauge multifilament string at 65 pounds. I added weight to this racquet and currently have it at 12.35 ounces, 7.25 points headlight (one point is 1/8th of an inch). I put 8 total (1/4 inch by 4 inch) strips of lead tape at 3 and 9 O'clock on the racquet and the rest just above the grip (36 inches of 1/4 inch tape wrapped up and covered with the replacement grip rubber band). I recommend doing twisting dumbbell curls (5 to 20 pounds high reps done slowly) to help strengthen your wrist and elbow to handle a beast racquet like this. I use 15 pounds. Again always wash your hands with COLD water and soap after handling lead to prevent poisoning. Warm water allows the lead to be absorbed by your skin.
From: Selles, Chicago, IL, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 gauge at 65 pounds
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5

Comments: I switched from the Babolat Aero Storm Tour and love this racquet. More power on the serve and volleys and it has a lot more feel. A little adjustment on groundstrokes considering it has a little more pop than the aero storm tour but you can get better spin with this racquet.
From: Jeff, Rome, GA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre code red 16g 65lbs

Comments: This is my new racquet of choice. I use Wilson NXT 16 gauge multifilament string at 55 pounds; this prevents the racquet's stiffness from causing any injuries. I also like to add weight to this racquet and currently have it at 12.48 ounces, 6.5 points headlight (one point is 1/8th of an inch). I put 12 total (1/4 inch by 4 inch) strips of lead tape at 3 and 9 O'clock on the racquet and the rest just above the grip (36 inches of 1/4 inch tape wrapped up and covered with the replacement grip rubber band). This weight/balance combination creates too high a swing weight for most players, but I slice a lot on my forehands and backhands and block returns of serve. I only hit topspin on my forehand side when I have plenty of time so the swing weight fits my playing style. I serve better with this racquet than any other racquet that I have played with. My backspin shots go fast, low and deep. My topspin is heavy and difficult to handle. I feel I have more options with this racquet against a variety of opponents in singles and doubles. My game is going to get better with this racquet. I don't work for TW but if you want to play around with weights and balances of racquets I recommend purchasing a balance board and a reel of 1/4 inch lead tape which TW sells, well worth it. I find that adding weight at 3 and 9 helps my slice backhand for some reason. Go up gradually with any weight on a racquet to prevent injury and find weight and balance that you like. Always wash your hands with COLD water and soap after handling lead to prevent poisoning. Warm water allows the lead to be absorbed by your skin.
From: Selles, Chicago, IL, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16g, 55 pounds
NTRP Rating: 5.0 - 5.5

Comments: VERY VERY STIFF, I mean it was way too stiff, all power no control, my arm was going to fall off after just 3 games, I don't recommended this to anybody, stay clear of the pure drives.
From: Jason, 01/11

Comments: My 1st journey to the Dark Side - and I like it! Found this to be a slightly more headlight alternative to the standard PD, which I hated for its sluggish head speed. The extra weight isn't too troublesome for old-schoolers weaned on heavy rackets. Just one or two more points HL and it'd be perfect. Easy power - taming it is the challenge.
From: Chris, Sydney, Australia, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat PHT, 56lbs

Comments: Great stick; I'm currently using the kblade tour, and I thought that I would never switch, but I'm gonna make the transition. The pure drive Roddick gt is easier for me to whip around and isn't as stiff feeling as my kblade; other that than, these racquets are similar besides the head sizes being completely different; my groundstrokes felt effortless and my volleys were landing deep and had a crisp feeling sound; my new racquet of choice!!
From: Nick, Bakersfield, CA, USA, 11/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger and synthetic gut

Comments: This is honestly the best racquet I've ever had, ever, ever, never better. Last night I made runner up with this very racquet in a big tournament. I am 13 and I love my tennis. I switched from the EXO rebel team (no power at all) to this beastly stick but there is one thing you must have on this beast, Rafa's strings (Babolat rpm 16) at 59 tension and not only does it look sick it also feels sick as well. AWESOME!!
From: Sam, Victoria, Australia, 10/10
String type and tension: BABOLAT BLAST RPM 16
NTRP Rating: AWESOME 5.0

Comments: As it's written on most of the comments, this is one crazy beast stick. It has plenty of spin, power and stiffness, which provides control to dominate your opponent. Groundstrokes (top spin, slice) and serves are awesome. Your opponent will struggle as long as you put your shots constantly. As it's stated, this stick is not for flat hitter, for those players who knows how to put plenty of spin, but that does not mean to put too much spin, but enough spin. The racquet will do the friendly spin for you. One thing I wish Babolat to manufacture next version of this stick is bit of more stiffness, which could improve the volley. Other than that, this is the perfect fit for me.
From: Sungyong (Sam), Seoul, South Korea, 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 62 lbs
Headsize: 100sq inches
NTRP Rating: 4.5~5.0

Comments: A true baseliner stick, not comfortable at the net, neither at half-court, its place is the baseline, but you need to use lots of spin, if you are a flat hitter, forget about this one. Don't think you can get power to make your shots faster, the stick sure provides tons of power but you need to put a lot of spin to keep them on court. For me is the best-suited racquet.
From: Flaich, Jaen, Spain, 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 23k

Comments: Switched to this racket from the Kblade 98 to take advantage of the increase in power and spin available from the stick. The weight of the Pure Drive Roddick versus the regular pure drive significantly increased the rackets stability and "plow." I really like that I can achieve the pace and spin I want on my shots without having to swing quite as fast as with the Kblade, what you lack in inherent control you make up for with more controlled swings.
From: Chris, WA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Hybrid 58/56

Comments: I'm 17 years old and have only played competitively for about a year. I used to own a Prince Force 3, then I got this beast of a racquet. Strung with Pro Hurricane Tours, this racquet is a serve and groundstroke dream. If you can get past the weight for netplay, this is a solid racquet for baseline play. I recently hybrid strung it, and I've almost got it perfect, strung at 62lbs to stop hitting past the baseline.
From: Matthew, Andover, MN, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17/N.VY 16 both 62lb

Comments: I am a 5.0 player and this racquet was pretty much a beast. Is amazing on groundstrokes an serves and feels solid with good touch at the net.
From: Ankih K, Austin, TX, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger 50

Comments: I am a 16 year old newish tennis player. I started about a year ago and after playing every day, I got up to a 4.0 rating with my big 5 racquet. I got the Roddick gt plus and after taking about a month to get used to it (which was well worth it), I am now up to a 5.0. The most obvious change has been my serve. My first flat serve can ace most opponents I go against and the spin on my second serve is explosive. The groundstrokes are killer as well! I highly recommend this racquet to anyone who is looking to reach their full tennis potential!
From: Jeremy. 07/10

Comments: Brilliant racquet that holds true to Babolat's high standards, the stick is a bit difficult to adapt to but the players who take the effort will be rewarded. Those who specialize in high rotation shots will be a tad disappointed, it's not that the racquet doesn't generate spin, it's that the power it generates dwarfs it.

Comments: A server's racquet -- win at least 1/2 the points each game on aces and return errors, even on second serve, even against 5.0 players (On second, just do like Andy -- adjust your grip and toss slightly and rip away on 2nd). No probs with soreness, tennis elbow, etc. Powerful, so you need a full swing & topspin (or at least to aspire to have it -- this racquet will teach you to play with full swings -- or else!). Surprisingly good touch and movement at the net, even with some additional lead tape at 9, 12 and 3. Couldn't be happier. If you've got a good serve or powerful groundstrokes, you gotta try this one.
From: Jeremy, CA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat PHT @ 60 (Tried lux power/rough but a little too powerful)

Comments: I have been playing with the Babolat Aero Strike for some time now and whenever I played into the wind I got thrashed. Balls kept dropping short with amazing regularity. I just got the Roddick gt normal version 2 weeks ago. It took me a few days to readjust my strokes & timing but now playing into the wind is not a problem. I'm hitting well into the court and keeping my opponent well back--I'm winning again..
From: Ajit Patel, India. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast at 55lbs

Comments: This frame is a monster! I turned up to play a match at my club on short notice and borrowed this from a coach. Having used the old version a while back I was comfortable from the start. I found a little less power than the old one, which is a great pro as that was the reason I stopped using them. Serving was an absolute pleasure, both flat, slice and kickers. Great weight, solid and the paint looks way cooler and doesn't chip. So I'm going to order a couple but I'm going for the plus for a even more out of the serve! Great job Arod and Babolat!
From: Greg, UK, 05/10

Comments: Very nice racket, besides the feel. I just switched from the AeroPro Drive, and the AeroPro is much easier to maneuver and has a better feel IMO. Serves are amazing with this racket, which is why I switched from an AeroPro to the PDR GT.
From: Drew, New York, NY, USA, 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16G at 64lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq.in
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5

Comments: I finally found the racquet for me because I have a weak forehand and backhand. Now, it is easier for me to hit baseline. You might think this is a heavy racquet, but if you handle this one, it feels lighter than the AeroPro Drive, though AeroPro Drive is easier to maneuver. But through constant playing, you'll get to improve that weak side.
From: Endey, Silang, Cavite, Philippines. 4/10

Comments: I'd like to see a playtest with the full TW review team as well. I think this is a great racquet, btw. The added weight really brings it out of the "tweener" category and more into the advanced category. Also, it's a stiff frame, but it plays soft to me.

Comments: Great Racket. At first I had to get used to the weight since I build my game up with light rackets. This racket has done a lot for my backhand and forehand shots. A good racket if you like to serve big and play from the baseline. Up at net the racket offers excellent control. My backhands are flat and this racket has just been amazing with control same with my forehand topspin shots.
From: Francisco Urrea, Norwalk, California, United States 03/10
String type and tension: Gamma Zo True 58

Comments: I liked the last version a lot better than this one. You have to hit a bunch of topspin just to get the ball into the court. If you hit a ball flat it will go long about about 70% of the time. I found my backhand to go into the net a lot. If I only played at the net I would use this racquet. If you're a baseliner I would not recommend this racquet. If you're a big server and go to the net a lot, I would definitely try this racquet.
From: Alex 03/10
NTRP Rating: nat'l jr.

Comments: Switched to the PDR GT from the Pure Storm. At forty-one, I was looking to get a little "free" power and a boost to my serve. The PDR GT felt very powerful in comparison to the PS. I've been using it for about three months now and it's made a big difference in my game. Big strokes now bigger. More top spin. Still experimenting with strings though and having trouble deciding what plays best. With the stiffer racquet I've had my first arm troubles and had to move away from polyester and towards comfort strings. So far I like it best with a full- bed of X-1 Biphase. Overall, very glad I made the switch.
From: Darin, Richland, WA 02/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 17, 58M, 56C

Comments: I love this racquet! I took a break of 3 months to play tennis because I burned out, but after a week of using this racquet I was amazed. I got a lot of spin, and power from this racquet. The only thing needed is to make the tension a little higher so you can get used to the power. Overall this racquet is great!
From: Juan Pablo, Houston, TX USA 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16g, 63 lbs
Headsize: 100sq
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I recently switched to this racquet from the Aero Storm Tour. Took a few sessions to get used to the extra power, but I love it. Feels very solid from any hit location, I can get good spin, and my serves are much more powerful. I hit with several Prince sticks as well as a Wilson, and nothing came close to this much fun.
From: David, Boulder, CO, USA, 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut main, Luxilon ALU cross, 60lbs
NTRP Rating: low 4.0

Comments: For a few years I had been using the Babolat Pure Drive Standard Cortex and then wanted to switch to this racket hoping the added weight would give better control. When I first used this racket, it seemed that it was not as maneuverable. I felt a tad late with racket preparation. After adding lead tape to the butt I really love the racket. My change to this racket has allowed me to trust my strokes more.
From: Arvin, Indianapolis 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power at 56lbs

Comments: I really love playing with this racquet. I have experienced effortless ground strokes and a very noticeable difference in vibration. At net, I was quite comfortable punching back high paced volleys and overheads went in with nice control. Babolat came up with some very effective technologies in their designs.
From: Mike, Seattle, WA USA 12/09

Comments: Love the racquet. It has a solid feel, yet allows for error. The sweetspot makes it a great racquet for anyone at a 4.0 ranking or better. The rallying ability is incomparable to other racquets...simply one of the best rally racquets. I do agree with the majority though, the serve is not what I expected...but the issue probably revolves around the weight and size of the racquet. It is quite a large racquet. Above all, great for competitive and recreational play.
From: Ross, Cherry Hill, NJ, USA 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane+N.VY 16 String 58
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - high school tennis player

Comments: I started out demo'ing two other rackets, neither of which I liked. My partner suggested I try one of his pure drive gt's. I've never liked Babolat rackets, as they seemed hollow feeling and sounded cheap. But I tried it anyway. All I can say is that this is the best racket I've ever hit. I'm a 40'ish 4.5 doubles player. I could hit every shot, with tons of pace, and put it on a dime. I could swing as hard as I wanted, no problem. My serves were ridiculous. Pace and placement above anything I've hit. I don't play a lot of topspin since I learned to play before that was the style, so I don't have a lot to go on there...however I did hit a couple of winner topspin lobs with it, both felt great. Try this racket. You won't be sorry.
From: Tim, Kansas City Area 12/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT crosses luxilon mains

Comments: I was disappointed with this frame, does not compare to the Head Microgel Extreme Pro or Volkl V10 Catapult. Both of those frames have better control, better manageable power, and are far better on groundstrokes vs. the Babolat Roddick GT Pure Drive. The one thing this racquet seemed to do well is serve. I enjoyed serving with this stick, both power flat serves as well as spin serves (kick or slice). Surprisingly, the racquet had decent touch at the net...not great, but not bad. As mentioned, the main issues were groundstrokes. No feel, NO spin, and erratic power. At times the ball would come off weak and in the net, at others it would trampoline long and flat and off the back wall. I was very surprised at this, as the Pure Storm Tour GT is a very consistent racquet, and I assumed the Pure Drive Roddick GT would be the same racquet with more power. The balance of the racquet seems good, and it is comfortable to use.
From: Steve, Lincoln, NE 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Conquest 17 (1.25)

Comments: Very solid racquet. Compared to the regular Pure Drive GT (PDGT), this racquet has a bit more heft, which makes it feel very solid on contact. Much more plow-through and stability than the regular PDGT. I usually use a vibration dampener, but don't need one on this racquet. Great racquet if you can adjust to its weight.
From: Mike, Virginia Beach, VA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT @ 56

Comments: This racquet is great it kinda perfected my kick and slice serves maybe because of the 100 sq inch face size, and for me the power level is just average that is why I lowered my tension 3 to 4 pounds compare to the recommended tension range, and with this the racket power is just powerful enough with very nice control.
From: Badong, Murrieta, Ca, USA 11/09
String type and tension: Yonex tournament 80 spin mains and sensation 52 lbs

Comments: I really like this racquet, its great solid feel and very good at baseline. One ultimate service stick too. I'm a baseline player with topspin and I volley lots too, great racquet. With my string combo this racquet is the bomb. I just love this racquet and will probably buy another when I get the cash money. You all cannot go wrong by buying one of these racquets, even trying it out. All round a great stick!
From: Spierdalaj, Canada 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane & Wilson Sensation, 60 pounds.

Comments: I've played with this racquet for like 6 hours now, it has a very solid feel (I played with a friends cortex plus version - non Roddick of the pure drive and liked the control) but since I previously played with the Babolat drive z-tour (and noticed that I needed a more stiff racquet with more control), it has cost me a lot of getting used to. Apparently I have to make a shorter swing than before. The overall power and spin that the balls receive is amazing. Overall I am very pleased with the racquet.
From: anon. Bogota, Colombia 10/09
String type and tension: Carbon, 58 lbs.
NTRP Rating: casual player

Comments: Loved the way this racquet played, was able to crush the serves but this stick crushed my elbow. I am talking about nasty deep joint pain, not the typical tennis elbow from miss hitting. I have never had arm pain before, but this racquet transferred just too much stress to my 52 year old elbow even when restrung with sensation strings with low tension.
From: Doc, Fountain Valley, CA USA 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 53lbs
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: I bought 2 of these sticks from TW and they were truly fantastic when I first tried them, had excellent power and spin for my semi western forehand and 2HBH, but big problem One of them broke without any apparent reason very disappointed with the quality otherwise Brilliant racket.
From: anon. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane tour @ 62lbs
NTRP Rating: Junior national ranked

Comments: Great racket, winner of a yearlong search. Felt amazing from the first shot. Excellent topspin and slice on serves and groundstrokes; solid on volleys and overheads. Not as fast at net as other rackets but still good. It's powerful, but power one can control. Stable and responsive, doesn't get pushed around by big hitters. Chronic sufferer of tennis elbow, but no problems here yet. Demoed the non-Roddick version and felt the vibration jolt all the way up my arm (could have been the super durable strings the shop put in the demo). However, I've never had a problem with the Roddick version. It just feels good.
From: Andy, OK, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut w/Duraflex 17, 58lb

Comments: Came down from Wilson K90 via K95/18x20 to Babolat Pure Storm Ltd. Both the Wilsons are to heavy for me, with fast players I end up late too often. Babolat Ldt is underpowered for my game. This one is just right. Still on the heavy side, but manageable. Big sweet spot. Can play heavy top spin with it both fore and (one- handed) backhand. Surprisingly soft touch, if one wants it for droppers and topspin lobs. At first, put Babolat VS Natural Gut 17G at 26kg on it. A good co-poly seems to be even better, reduces the power levels a bit.
From: Andrew, Bavaria 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 26kg
NTRP Rating: about 3,5

Comments: This racquet is amazing from serves to groundstrokes. Even has that soft touch on volleys for me. I was able to serve up to 10mph faster with this racquet over the aeropro. Though it took me about a week and a half playing everyday to get adjusted to the extra power, I am now able to hit amazing winners with tons of power and easy aces.
From: Anon, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger alu power at 56lbs.

Comments: This racket provides plenty of power and is very stable. I used to play with the original Aero Storm (tour) and the Pure Drive Roddick seems to have a similar swingweight, but with much more power. This is really noticeable on serves, which have a lot of zip even when struck slightly off-center.
From: anon. 09/09

Comments: Compared to my previous Roddick Pure Drive standard, the Roddick GT version has much more feel, stability, and a nice cosmetic design. Of course, you certainly have to contain the power and adjust your game. I customized mine: leaded 3" each side at 3 and 9, leather grip, and it plays solid, for my game. Thanks Babolat! I actually recommend you hybrid Poly/Gut combo, or a comfort poly for better results (for the arm).
From: Rodel, Orange County, CA, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Topspin Cyberblue 58 lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: I have heard a lot of people say that the old PD rackets were hard to hit and could be problematic on the arm. I switched from a k tour team fx to the PD about 3 weeks ago and my search for the right racket is now over. The cortex system provides a good damper and essentially eliminated my inner elbow issues. The top spin and power you can generate on your groundstrokes are incredible. Good feedback on the upper and lower part of the racket. I found more control and accuracy on my serves vs. the FX. This is a slightly heavy racket and stiff too so I would not recommend for a novice or beginner. But if you have a medium swing and can generate moderate top spin then this racket will be the one for you. I noticed a comment about the colors being amateur and completely disagree. Great looking stick and playing one as well.
From: Tom, Clayton MO USA 09/09
String type and tension: 58lbs

Comments: Use to play with the pure storm ltd. but unfortunately due to repetitive butt problem had to change, Demoed this racquet and loved it, amazing power and spin from all parts of the court. Service was a bit tough to come by, but volleys were fantastic. Just love this racquet.
From: Anon, India, 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane at 61 lbs.
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: This is a nice stick, but I found if I hit more than 2-3ft over the top of the net I would be hitting it long. I hit with a lot of spin too. This is a great stick if you just want to keep rallying. I was not to impressed with serves though. I thought I would just crank some serves in but I never really did. Just a bit too powerful for me. But still great for many people.
From: Chris, WI, United States 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat syn gut @59

Comments: This stick provided a little too much pop for me on the ground strokes, and I was having trouble hitting my backhand deep into the court. Volleys were lacking feel and it was unsteady on serves. I'm extremely let down by the feel and stability of this frame.
From: Steven, NJ 08/09
String type and tension:mid tension

Comments: Almost too much power. You really have to concentrate on a good follow through and adding that extra top spin to keep the ball in the court. That being said I feel like 2 weeks with this racquet would be a good enough amount of time to make the minor adjustments and take your game to the next level. Serves and volleys are as solid on this stick as they are on any. Babolat did a great job with this racquet.
From: Jon, Chicago, IL 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour / VS Nat Gut 62 lbs

Comments: This is one of the heaviest and most "solid" feeling racquets I've ever played with. However, the demo was strung with Babolat Addiction 16g strings that must have been strung somewhere in the mid-60's. It felt like I was playing tennis with a wooden pizza tray. If strung at a lower, more reasonable tension, this racquet would be hard to fault. One glaring thing about the new GT design is the color scheme of the racquet. This is subjective, but the racquet looks like a toy. The colors are far too saturated and glossy for a racquet of this type. It plays like a very, very nice racquet, but then you see this awful cosmetic and it's almost bad enough to prevent someone from purchasing an otherwise solid product.
From: anon. 08/09

Comments: Awesome racquet picked it up and knew that this was the racquet for me, serves were extremely powerful, forehand and backhand extreme spin and beautiful depth, solid volleys. beautiful stick. cant go past this one without trying it.
From: Luke, 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon bb alu rough 55-60
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: In a quest to replace my aging ProStaff 6.1 classic oversize, I demoed several racquets, including the K-Blade Team, Youtek Radical OS, the Pure Drive 107, and the AeroPro Drive. None of the racquets I tried felt quite right. The K-Blade was alright, but too powerful and lacked touch and finesse. The Head Youtek Radical had great control, but lacked power. However, as soon as I started hitting with the Pro Drive Roddick, I knew that I found my new racquet. This racquet has great control with plenty of usable power. It also has one of the larger sweetspots of any 100 sq in headsize that I have tried. It has almost all of the control of the Head Youtek, but more of the control and feel that I was accustomed to with my old ProStaff. I highly encourage anyone looking for a good combination of control and power to try this racquet. If you can handle the weight, the Pure Drive Roddick is great.
From: Terry, Atlanta, GA 08/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17, 58 lbs
Headsize:100 sq. in.
NTRP Rating: 3.5+

Comments: I used a Prince TT Warrior OS for the previous 5-6 years. On paper the specs of the warrior and this PDR are similar. So the transition seemed pretty smooth for me. I bought this because I tried playing with my friend's previous version (non GT) of the PDR and loved it. Be warned that the PDR is a VERY stiff racquet. And getting poly strings didn't help my case at all. I am definitely more sore now after playing in my wrist, elbow, and shoulder. I plan on compensating this through my next string job by probably cutting out the poly and lowering the tension a little. On the groundstrokes it feels solid and with the open string pattern, you can take a good rip at it. (this is where the PDR pays its dues) Serving seems slightly harder, I can't generate as much spin, power, or control but hopefully that will change in time (I did lose 1/2 inch in racquet length). Volleys felt good for its head size (100 s)
From: John, NJ, USA 08/09
String type and tension: (Mains)Luxilon BB ALU 16 @ 55, (Cross)Tecnifibre NRG2 @ 60
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: I had the original Pure Drive Plus for several years and never quite new what to expect on groundies, especially forehands, part of which I attributed to Babolat's "4" size grip being a "5" really (couldn't quite wrist shots around), but the extra weight and, frankly, the paint job drew me to try the new one, without the extra half- inch and with a 4 3/8" grip which, yes, feels like 4 1/2". This is the most stable, predictable, shock-free yet not dead- feeling racquet I've ever used, especially for a semi-widebody. No hot spots, no surprises, just unload when you get a sitter and feel the solid, seamless power. The extra weight is welcome and the balance is just right. Tungsten seems to work in putters and tennis racquets. And standard lightbulbs. This is a great racquet. And there's that paint job...
From: Gregg, Elkhart, Indiana, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction, 60 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: I am an attacking player who loves to hit out on forehands, knife slice backhands and finish points at the net. I have played with Wilson Prostaff's for over 15 years and decided to try this stick due to it was more maneuverable at the net. When playing with this racquet I found that I was able to achieve additional depth on groundies and continue to hit solid volleys. The biggest surprise to me was not the power of this racquet, but the additional bite and depth I was able to achieve on my slice backhand. I am moving through an adjustment period on my serves and overheads due to this racquet is lighter than what I am accustomed to. Overall, this is one amazing racquet!!
From: David, USA 08/09
Headsize:100 sq in.

Comments: I used a PD cortex and I try this item, because I would like only to add some weight. I definitively don't like it. The pop isn't like older PD. I think that tungsten create more vibration and my elbow starts to protest. It is also less precise.
From: Andrea, Modena, Italy 08/09
String type and tension: Signum Pro Ply Plasma 1.23 , 25kg

Comments: I absolutely love this racquet! I tried it out a month ago and was on the fence about getting this racquet or a different racquet I demoed. But I decided to go with this racquet after all, I could not give it up. I hit my very first kick serve with this PDR, although it was the new form that did most of the work, the racquet definitely helped with the spin and pop! The power from this stick is awesome, groundstrokes are sweeter than candy, and the maneuverability at net is surprisingly good. Can't go wrong with this one!
From: Sam, NH, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Prince Hybrid Power 17/16 (Poly EXP 17 & Premier LT 16) 60 m./57 c.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I have been playing with the PDR for over a month and find it to be an excellent racquet. The first thing I noticed is the power it added to my one handed backhand. The ball explodes off the strings. It is a very solid racquet and surprisingly nimble at the net. Coming from a hammer racquet it has taken some time to dial in the serve, but now I couldn't go back to a head heavy stick. I strung it with BB but will opt for a hybrid on the next job to add more feel.
From: John, Fort Worth, TX, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB 57 lbs

Comments: I used to play with the previous version and loved it. The new one is even better. It improved my game significantly in two areas: net game and backhand (two-handed). I attribute both to the improved stability of this racket.
From: Dima, New York, NY 07/09
String type and tension: Gamma LiveWire 60

Comments: Ok, so at the risk of getting pushed off this review for being the lone naysayer, I would like to say that the jury is still out on this frame for me. 55 year old 4.0 USTA Team doubles player, used the non cortex and the cortex model of the pure drive and Roddick pure drive respectively. Have had the Roddick GT now 3 and a half weeks and played in the playoffs with it today here in Dallas. Most recently was using the Nadal Aerodrive. Pluses: Serves, Volleys, Weight, Balance, Looks. Negatives: VERY STIFF, kills my arm, does not move through the air like the Aerodrive. I am giving it a couple of more weeks, but right now, I can't pick up a glass of water, darn it. I take lessons on a weekly basis, my strokes are fairly clean. It's just that the darn frame is STIFF. Stiffer than the original Roddick Pure Drive.
From: Brad, Dallas, TX, USA
String type and tension: Babolat VS Gut 17 55 lbs
Headsize: 100"

Comments: I previously used the original Pure Drive Roddick and have been using this racquet for about week now. It immediately felt more solid all around, especially on volleys and service returns. Serves have added spin and kick. However, I've had to adjust my flat shots due to the added spin, they were landing a bit shorter than the previous version. A great update though and I am definitely pleased.
From: Phil, Germany 07/09
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 1.23mm (17 ga), 25 kg (55 lbs)
Headsize: 100 sq in.

Comments: I have never adapted to a racquet so quickly! Although, I have always been partial to hefty frames with a traditional feel, I love playing with the new PD Roddick. Several years ago I used the original PD Roddick, but eventually found it a bit sluggish, especially on serves (I know...everyone is supposed to be able to serve bombs with these sticks, but for some reason I couldn't). On a whim, I demoed the newer version and found that I could really nail serves, and much to my surprise, found it very easy to volley as well (volleying generally not being a strong suit of PDs but this one feels very comfortable with plenty of touch and feel). As with all PDs, groundstokes are outstanding! For me, this is the complete racquet. I'm a former D1 all-court player turning 50 this year and this stick allows me to maintain a high level of play without all the physical effort required to wield a traditional players frame over a long match. I'm going to the dark side and not turning back! The new PD Roddick is simply too much fun. Excellent job Babolat!
From: Bhud , Ohio, USA. 06/09
String type and tension: Ashaway Dynamite 17 @ 56 lbs. mains/Gamma Revelation 17 @ 60 lbs. crosses
Headsize: 100"

Comments: All I can say is that this racquet is amazing! Its feel is much more improved from the previous Pure Drive(well I see some change of racquet balance) and it feels really solid at the net. If you volley frequently, you definitely want this racquet to do it for you.
From: Brian, Anaheim, California. 6/09
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel, 60 pounds

Comments: This is a Bomb racket. I hit either with a lot of spin or flat and hard. This racket does both incredibly well. High forehands and approach shots are what I found this racquet helps with most. It has great stability and extremely good accuracy. I feel like a whole new player. GET THIS RACKET!
From: James, Iowa
String type and tension: M=62 Babolat hurricane tours, C=60 Babolat hurricanes->(On accident)
Headsize: 100sq inches
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: For a while I hit with the AeroPro Drive, but then I saw Andy hitting with this and thought "eh, maybe I should demo it." So I did. I LOVED IT. It feels so much better in all areas of play than my Aero. But, my demo was strung with Wilson Stamina I think, so that was the only thing unpleasant. But it's an amazing racquet. I popped those strings in 4 days, I didn't get to use it the whole week, that kind of bummed me out. But, yeah, Great job Babolat.
From: Luke, Sulphur Springs, TX, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Wilson Stamina, Probably 56-58

Comments: This is the best racquet I ever had. I'm a hard hitting player and I love the response of this racquet. When I rip the ball I could earn a point about 90% of the time. Serves before I was using this racquet I could ace my coach twice or at most three times per set, but now I could always ace him at least five or six times per set even with the second serve. It might kind of damage you arm if you don't really have a strong wrist muscles though it will be a perfect racquet if you could handle the weight.
From: Issei Hasegawa, California, USA. 05/09