Comments: It is a great racquet that improved my game at the net, and my swings. However, it does hurt the elbow. I am agonized whether it is my technique or this racquet, but I think I will change this racquet for something more arm friendly. I feel terrible to separate from such a powerful tool, but after a couple of years, yes, it does hurt the elbow.
From: Molly, 1/13

Comments: My doubles partner just gave me this racquet just to try how good this racquet, and I found it great! Because of its extra length it gives me more power and even more control. But later I found this racquet too light for my game. My volleys started to falter and my overhead smash was going wide. Overall, this racquet is good for intermediate to pro level players. I will not gamble on this one and change from my Head Youtek Extreme Pro 2.0.
From: Bernard, 11/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code @ 61 lbs

Comments: This is a great stick but it caused me getting tennis elbow. I can't forget that about this racquet.
From: Charles, 11/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code @ 60 lbs

Comments: I just bought this racquet a month ago and there's something broke inside the frame. I hear particles moving around the frame like sand or something??? I guess I just wasted my money on this racquet. Has this happened to anyone else?
From: Rod, 6/12

Comments: This is an amazing racquet. If you are a 5'7" player like myself you have to try the Pure Drive Plus GT. This racquet will certainly improve your overall game, specially when it comes to spin generation and serves. However, be aware, this is a very powerful racquet, you have to be a skilled player to control its power or else you're going to see all your shots hitting the fence constantly and will start blaming this frame for that. I was previously using the AeroStorm Tour and I have to say that changing to the Pure Drive Plus was the best thing I have ever done. I'm hitting winners effortlessly now. I'm also able to put my adversaries far back from their baseline because of the amazing spin generation and power that this stick provides. Like I said, if you're not a tall player and you are skilled enough to control and unleash the power that you generate on the tennis ball, this is a great option for your game.
From: Lu, 6/12
String type and tension: ISOSPEED Baseline Speed String 16L, 54 lbs

Comments: Best racket there is. I demoed a ton of rackets for TW and this was the star amongst them. I noticed an immediate increase in power on my serve and shots.
From: Stefan, 4/12

Comments: I honestly dont like this racket too much. At first I really liked it but now I just think the plus size is too hard to swing. It was kind of a disappointment.. But im fixing to try a Head liquid metal raket so we will see how that goes.
From: Matthew Martin, 3/12

Comments: I love this racquet. I usually play with normal sized ones (not +) like the Aeropro Cortex and while the Cortex is a good racquet the Babolat Pure Drive GT + is a great racquet. I demoed a bunch of racquets including some 16x20 patterns (I hated them) and then 4 plus sized racquet namely, the Babolat Storm GT + (good for control but lacking power), the Yonex from Nalbandian (it has a weird looking head which I hated), and the Babolat Aeropro GT + (good but too head heavy, or at least the demo was). In that batch there was this racquet. I used it and I had to fight my brother for it. I played a match today and my serves were on fire and I could rip forehands and backhands with great power and placement and spin. So we ordered 2 of them and got that 12 pack Babolat bag along with them.
From: Stefan. 07/11
String type and tension: 58 lbs and hurricane tour 17... or at least that is what the demo said.
Headsize: 100sq.in

Comments: I played with the Babolat Aeropro storm for a year and it helped me with my strokes, but after I wanted to get another racquet that would help me generate more power and topspin. I looked around and the landed on the Babolat pure drive gt plus. I bought one to try out and after a little adjustment I was hitting bigger forehands than I ever hit. My backhand felt great and serves picked up 10mph. This racquet does not have great control, as other reviews have said, but what it lacks in control is made up in power. The power is amazing. I can really ripped the ball for winners in ways I couldn't do before. Playing on my high school tennis team, I now have one of the biggest forehands on the team. Serves felt great with this racquet after adjusting to the extra half inch on the racquet. Slices and kicks were great with plenty of kick on my serves. Flats were strong and volleys were crisp. In the beginning I did have some wrist pain, but after warming up to the racquet the pain went away. Overall this racquet would suit a player with a power game and lacks to attack the ball.
From: Bill, Stockton, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 16g

Comments: Amazing racquet, perfect specs, and amazing shots, volleys, everything!! Love the serve too!
From: Kevin, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 60 pounds

Comments: Amazing racquet!! I was always turned off by Babolat but this is the real deal! I switched last summer after the pro I played with asked me to try it and I was really impressed! 2 weeks later I bought 2 of them from TW. With this racquet I was also able to switch to Luxilon (Spin - 53 lb.) without having trouble with my elbow (I spent 6 months in pain last time I tried the Lux). I have an eastern grip on my forehand and a one-handed backhand. Also I have no trouble at all at the net especially because my approach shots now are so good that closing at the net is really a breeze!
From: Andrea, Woodbridge, VA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon spin 53

Comments: This racquet is really great. If you hit with spin and want more power, this is the racquet for you. If there is not enough control, just go up in tension. Serves have a ton of pop, and so does everything else. The racquet is also good for volleys, as long as you punch them. I find that this racquet does indeed hurt your elbow after a while. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem, but after I was hitting forehands, my racquet grip kind of felt like it broke. It may be in my head but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
From: Tom, Miami, FL, USA, 10/10
NTRP Rating: 6.0+

Comments: I like the power of the stick. The control is not very good so I have to be careful if I want to hit hard and deep into the court. The extra power is very good because I can concentrate on the strokes and not very much on the hitting hard. Before this Pure Drive, I used many racquets from Prince, different models in the last 10 years. Well, I was a fan on Prince racquets, now I like this Babolat. The serve in good as power, actually not much control, the groundstrokes are really beautiful, the slice is very good, deep and strong, the volley is like a reflex and the smash stroke, well, don't put power on it because it can easy get out, just the normal power will be enough for a winner. Overall, a very good racquet, the next version will need some better job for control.
From: Marian, Bucharest, Romania, 10/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane, 60 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: Really good racquet for baseline play, but didn't really help my accuracy. Took a while to get used to the serving, but when I did I was hammering first serves in. Not much kick on my second serves, which really helped my opponents. Very good on volleys and overheads. Overall pretty good racquet. But I would demo it before I buy it.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 @57
Headsize: 100 sq. in.
NTRP Rating: Junior

Comments: I found this racquet to be good for those who like to play at the baseline. Lots of power, but not too much control. I liked it for the time I had it, but I just got a little angry in a match today and bashed it into the ground. RIP. I found I couldn't pick spots, but got massive amounts of power.
From: Steve, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Rough Big Banger 58

Comments: This is my first Babolat racquet. After switching from the Wilson nTour I felt this racquet is very solid and great from the baseline. I love the extra half inch on my serve and reaching for volleys. I would highly recommend this racquet to intermediate to advanced players
From: Sam, Manchester, England. 5/10
String type and tension: Signum Pro poly plasma.

Comments: This is a great racquet!!! I demoed about ten different racquets and this one is the winner. I like the extra 1/2 inch. It gives me a lot more power on m serve but allows me to keep the ball in play. I am 6'4" and I can actually reach ground shots. I tested the Pro Drive + and that one did not have enough power for me. This racquet is a perfect blend of power and control.
From: John, TN, USA. 04/10

Comments: Caution! Caution! Caution! This racquet seems to be a tennis elbows racquet. Like others GT racquets from Babolat, it's stiffer than its predecessor cortex model and they all seems to be hard on arm. I played 4 times with this racquet, PDGT+, and I get a tennis elbow even if I play tennis since 43 years without tennis elbow before. I played before with Speedport black, old pure drive, shark of prince, and many racquets along 43 years. I teach tennis also and it's the first time I got hurt on my hand, wrist, harm, elbow and shoulder. Be very careful if you try this racquet because when you play with it, you don't feel anything wrong. But after a couple of hours, you will get hurt badly.
From: Guy, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 03/10
String type and tension: Synth gut Wilson extreme 60 lb

Comments: This racquet is awesome. I played with the PDCortex+ before but switched over this year. I play college tennis and I have had no issues adjusting to and playing with this racquet. I recommend it for the beginner to the advanced. Adds power in every category and is still controllable.
From: David, Adrian, MI, USA. 2/10
String type and tension: Mains-Pro Hurricane Tour (16ga); Crosses-Tecnifibre E-Matrix (16ga) all @ 61lbs

Comments: Playing the PDGT+ for 6 months, it has really improved my overall game. I have certainly brought home a lot trophies and am playing some of my best tennis at age 39. Although a great overall racket, I had to customize it a lot to suit my feel. First of all, fighting tennis elbow the past two years, I added a vibrasorb that stretches across the bottom of most of the mains. I also went with the high performance mains with comfort crosses in the string department. This made a difference and have been playing without my arm band the past two months. The 1/2" extra length was too much, so I cut it down to 27.25" and feels more maneuverable. The hollow feel was overcome by adding some lead tape in the throat with scrape tape, closer to the head. This produced a more solid stroke without getting heavy, like the Roddick version. The GT racket tends to snap balls a bit more cross-court than its predecessor but I can still hit a lot of shots with this racket. The only struggles I have is heavy spin shots, due to the stiffer racket. The inside out shots tend to come back to the middle a bit when going for the sharp angle and slice serves out wide are a bit of a struggle. The sweetspot seems a bit small compared to other 100si rackets, as off- center hits are noticeable. With that said, I am more of a compact hitter and the stiffer racket, compared to the thin tour specs, has really helped me play at a higher level.
From: Paul, Minneapolis, MN 12/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger-Mains 56lbs, Bab Conquest-Cross 58lbs
Headsize: 100 si

Comments: Great Racquet. Tons of power on your over the head smashes. Good at the net. Great from the baseline. Nothing not to love about this racquet. It just takes some time getting used to it because of the loads of power, but easy to adjust to. I would recommend this racquet to all baseliners.
From: Steve, Somers, New York 12/09

Comments: I previously played with the Pure Drive Cortex, switched to the GT + version this year. I feel that the GT + provides a bit more pop on groundstrokes and volleys, and serves and overheads are much more powerful as well. The extra length seems to promote a stronger wrist snap on serves for more power and spin. I highly recommend this racket.
From: Terry, Tustin, CA, USA 11/09
String type and tension: Hybrid, Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16g on the mains, Babolat VS 16g on the crosses, 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: Nice!! When I first got it I didn't like it but now that I found what I like it's amazing. Hits perfect good serves....only thing the paint chips off if you look at it wrong but over all a great racquet....I won the last six tournies with this racquet so I'm staying with it for a while
From: Aidan, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibe n code black 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 9.9 out of 10

Comments: This racquet is very powerful. I wasn't as pleased with it as I thought I would be from the reviews. I found that the cortex PD+ was extremely more comfortable and solid to hit. This racquet offers a good amount of spin, but I find it harder to control than its predecessor. I was disappointed. I do not get as much pop on my serve yet I find that this racquet does produce more crisp volleys. At the sacrifice of durability, get the Pure Drive Cortex, but the frames crack easily and Babolat will not replace them. Then again, if you are buying Babolat, you are probably in the economic position to replace them anyway.
From: Ben, Provo, UT, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Synthetic Gut 16
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: Terrible, too much power and not enough control, but one thing I did like is that I could put more kick in my serve than most other racquets.
From: Xavier, Virginia. 8/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge

Comments: I've had this racquet for about a month and so far I like it. I hit the ball more solidly and with more spin. My serve and volleys I haven't noticed that much difference. But overall I think I will be playing with this racquet the rest of my high school career. Good job Babolat!
From: M, 07/09
String type and tension: Prince Recoil-62

Comments: I've played with this racquet for about a month now and have been extremely pleased. My previous racquet was a Prince Diablo that is a great racquet when "in the zone." I've found this racquet to be much more forgiving and powerful in comparison. I had demo'ed a previous version of the Pure Drive+ several years ago and find this current version to be a great improvement in stability and feel. One benefit that I don't believe a lot of people mention is how easy it is to customize the Babolats from a weight and balance perspective. The butt cap pops off with a small screwdriver so it's a relative snap to add additional weight inside the handle.
From: Craig, 06/09

Comments: Great racquet. I used to use the pure drive cortex version of this. Those frames were cracking. This racquet seems more solid and stable feeling then the older version. I just hope they last more than slightly over the year that the old ones did. They have great power and control from the whole court.
From: Beth, OH, USA, 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat xcel premium, 58 lbs

Comments: Great racquet. Upgraded from Cortex version. Feels more solid than previous versions, even on off center hits. This has a lot of power. Demo racquet before purchase if you've never played with it.
From: Tyler, Nashville, TN, USA 06/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane mains/Babolat Attraction crosses. 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5

Comments: Great racquet, I switched from the pure storm tour and this racquet doesn't require as much swing as the storm. Power is also much better and the feel is incredible. It is a very complete racquet in terms of giving you control and power. Highly recommended racquet.
From: Carlos, Monterrey, Mexico. 05/09
String type and tension: Babolat Ballistic Polymono 17 and strung at 58lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq. In.

Comments: For me this racquet is really great. I was playing with a larger head Wilson that just had no feel. This Babolat Pure Drive GT Plus is amazing! I feel like a player again and my serves are like guided missiles. This racquet is highly maneuverable from all points on the court. I didn't have to adjust too much, so the transition was sweet! The other racquet gave me so much tennis elbow, I couldn't even serve more than ten times. This racquet is really great on the arm! I have never used any Babolat products before but now I will probably be a loyal customer! I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Brian, Palos Verdes Estates, California, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: Hybrid Signum Pro Poly Plasma on the mains and Tecnifibre X - One Biphase on the crosses, strung at 57lbs and 55 lbs respectively.
Headsize: 100 Sq In