Comments: I was very surprised at how easy it was to switch to a 100 head size frame after using 107's almost exclusively for 5 years. The racquet really has added some serious pop to my strokes. The generic RPM Blast string really helps to bring the ball into the court.
From: Mike. 6/11
String type and tension: Klipper Spinmax 17 @ 50 lbs

Comments: The best racquet ever...a lot of power and control... nice spin and less vibration even without dampener... but I think this is better for flat shots.

Comments: This is one of the greatest racquets I have ever played with. It is a great feeling each and every time you hit the ball and it's so smooth. Although, at times I did notice it lacked control.
From: Jonny, NY, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Mains 55lbs Wilson Sensation Crosses 55lbs

Comments: Previous racquet was the Babolat Aero Storm. I am a Babolat guy, I hit with a lot of spin, love clay courts and wanted to try out the Drive family. I tested the Aero Pro Drive GT and this Pure Drive GT. The Pure Drive won in all areas! WOW what a mellow racquet. First I noticed the good balance, slightly head light, very maneuverable and the strung weight is just right. The beam is stiff but not hurting at all and it gives me perfect control and power. The racquet does offer good pop but I can place my shots with accuracy so it is the perfect blend of control and power for me. Topspin is your friend ;) There's a crisp response at the net, my volleys have just the right depth and pace. Groundstrokes are just amazing. Either hitting with tons of spin or flattening out a cross court winner, this racquet does it all. My one-handed backhand, which has already been a strong stroke, gained more consistency and it is easy to vary the amount of spin. As written in many previous comments, serves are addictive with this stick. Flat serves have sped up, kickers bounce higher, percentage raised up. I have never served better. So, I have found my new racquet of choice. Surely one of the best out there and highly recommended.
From: Chris, Heidelberg, Germany. 3/11
String type and tension: Pacific Poly Force 17G @57lbs

Comments: Great racquet for hitting with tons of spin and pace, as well as volleying. The only issue I had with this frame was finding a consistent pace at which to hit groundstrokes. Serving was average; I generally prefer a less powerful racquet, especially for slicing it out wide. All in all, a great racquet, very spin-friendly, but not for me.
From: Patrick, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat Synthetic Gut @ high tension

Comments: I bought this racket about a year and a half ago, played really well with it and it gave me shoulder problems. I thought it was because of the racket at first, since no string/racket combo would alleviate my shoulder problems, so I ended up selling the racket and buying other ones. No racket ever played as well as the Pure Drive GT did, so I just had to come back to this racket. I bought this racket recently and strung it up with Hurricane Feel 17 at 57 lbs and Babolat Addiction 16 at 58 lbs. No arm problems! I can say for sure that my shoulder pain was due to bad technique, NOT because of the racket or string. I recommend you tweak your form or get some coaching before you give up on this racket if you have arm problems. The racket may have a high stiffness rating, but the cortex seems to make the racket feel a little more comfortable. No other racket gives me the accuracy, power, control and feel like the Pure Drive GT does!
From: Anon, Orange County, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Feel 17/Babolat Addiction 16 @ 57/58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inch

Comments: I've had this racquet for about 3 months now, and I must say, it has vastly improved my game. I'm not the strongest guy, and this racquet's power helped, especially since it doesn't sacrifice much control. My only comments are that I would have preferred it to have a little more control, especially on approach shots. After I bought this racquet, I found my approach shots were sailing long. I really had to tone down the speed of my swing on the approach shots to keep them from going long. One thing I will say is that this racquet has made a vast difference on my serve. I can hit hard down the T or out wide, giving the opponent trouble. Also, for some reason, I have been able to accurately put away shots that seem just beyond my reach. At first I tried it with a vibration dampener, and that worked well. The only problem with it, though, was that it really threw off my overheads. Since I have remove the dampener, my overheads have improved significantly, and I have learned to like the nice ping the racquet makes when you hit it just right. I would recommend this as a demo for everyone, but I wouldn't buy outright as the power might not suit everyone's style of play.
From: Ben, Ottawa, Canada, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 59lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: This racquet gave me a nice tennis elbow. Changed it for a heavy Prince EXO and the problem went away. It sounds like a bell every time you hit. I really don't recommend it.
From: Antonis, Jalisco, Mexico, 02/11
String type and tension: Yonex string at 60%
Headsize: 100 inches

Comments: It took me two shaky sets that I lost to finally get a grip on what this racquet has to offer. The next two sets were the best I've ever played. Get this racquet. You won't be disappointed. Works best hitting against pace. I'll be at the top of the rankings by the end of the year!
From: Timothy, Chicago, IL, USA, 01/11

Comments: This is a very good racket. It really is a racket that doesn't compromise control with its power. I felt it was a little bit hollow on first playing but with a shock absorber it created a nice balance. I recommend this racket be demoed before buying it.
From: Mark, Malawi, Africa, 01/11

Comments: Love this racket. I feel really strong at the base line because of all the spin and power you can put on every shot. The pure drive is also great when serving. :)
From: Lizzy, IL, USA, 01/12

Comments: Great racket but I find it almost identical to the AeroPro GT except the Aero has lots more feel, which is why I use it. If there were no AeroPro I would probably be using this racket right now.
From: Alex, USA, 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 @56 lbs
NTRP Rating: Junior player

Comments: Although similar on paper to the Aeropro Drive GT, the Pure Drive is a noticeably different racket on the court. The Pure Drive is much stiffer feeling and feels quite harsh with a full bed of poly in the mid to upper 50's. Even a synthetic at high tensions in the 60's feels harsh. The Pure Drive has a lot of spin and power, with a bouncy feeling, lively string bed - perhaps it is the woofers at work here.
I later tried another with roughly 12 grams of weight on the handle (lead tape in 4inch strips), with a full bed of old Gosen Polylon that was strung at 52lbs. The frame felt much better than stock form, the harsh stiff feel and vibration were gone. The frame felt very solid and accurate. Power was still quite high though, even with the old and likely dead poly. The frame still felt very light and maneuverable in the head. It was a very nice frame indeed, although the power level had me struggling with drop shots.
For those with arm issues using this frame, trying stringing it with poly in the low 50's, or using a synthetic cross string. For a more solid feel try adding thick layers of lead tape strips inside the handle.
Highly recommended frame for those looking for lots of power. I liked it better than the Volkl PB 8 295 and Dunlop 500 Tour.
From: Anon, SoCal, USA, 12/10

Comments: Love it! I only play with this pure drive. I have seen so much improvement since I switched from Tecnifibre. I totally recommend it :)
From: Hannah, USA, 12/10

Comments: I liked this racquet at first, but as my technique improved, this racquet became very problematic. The frame is way too stiff/powerful and offers little control. I found myself hitting many shots and serves just a few inches long or wide. A friend of mine was experiencing the same thing with his Pure Drive racquet. I switched to a BLX Pro Tour '96 w/alu roughs @ 55, and my consistency has improved dramatically. Serves with the Pro Drive were great. I could easily hammer in serves over 120 mph. I am 6'2'' 205lbs, so maybe I'm just too big for this racquet.
From: Anon, CA, USA, 11/10

Comments: First new racquet in 8 years since I last actively played. What a leap in technology. This is a player's racquet, stiff, with touch, control with power. I don't think I've played with anything better. Strong off the ground with power even on mishits (feels like the racquet tries to compensate). Spin and pace are easy to produce. The head is easy to move around the net and volleys come off crisp and clean. Off-center volleys make it over the net too. Since putting on the Gamma, serves are now placed accurately. The only unfortunate aspect of this stick is the tennis elbow I've developed. Suggestions???
From: RRT, USA. 10/10
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 17 gauge, 58 lbs.

Comments: I purchased this racquet about 4 months ago as sort of an alternative to my Wilson BLX Pro Open (purchased 3 months before the PDGT). About a month before the purchase of the BLX Pro Open, I demoed both racquets extensively and chose the BLX Pro Open, but there was something about the PDGT that compelled me to buy it as well 3 months later and that "thing" was the power. After trying and trying to fall in love with the PDGT I eventually went back to the PO as it is just a much better all around racquet with about 85 - 90% the power of the PDGT. If you are looking for feel, control and directional capability go with the PO but if you lack arm strength or are small in stature you may be better suited for the PDGT. Don't get swept up in the paint job and hype like I did. Demo both sticks with an open mind as looks can be very deceiving.
From: Guy, Nashville, TN, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Poly(56 lbs)/Gamma Live Wire(55 lbs)
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: This is a wonderful racquet! It is currently my racquet of choice after playing with it for about a year. I love racquets and have recently demoed several. I was very disappointed with the AeroPro Drive GT as it was too stiff and lacked the power and maneuverability of the PDGT. I strung both at the same tension with the same string and the Pure Drive GT felt better in all areas. Prior to the PDGT, I used mostly 11.8 to 12 oz head-light racquets. I was skeptical of going to a lighter racquet, but the PDGT was a pleasant surprise! From the first time I demoed it, I was in love... my shots felt crisper, with more pop and spin! It supplies plenty of power, spin and control. I added about 6 grams of lead tape mostly near the throat and the rest around the 3 and 9 o'clock positions to give it a little more weight for volleys. I don't think it was necessary and I may revert back to the factory weight. I've had plenty of success with this stick during heavy groundstroke hitting to crisp finishing volleys at the net. I keep trying different racquets out of curiosity, but so far none have been better than the Pure Drive GT standard!
From: Anonymous, Chicago, IL, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline @ 53lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0/4.5

Comments: I liked this racquet but found it to lack the control I was looking for. I was able to get A LOT of spin however.
From: Donavan, Japan, 09/10

Comments: This racket is beast! I've demoed Aero Pro Drive GT & Cortex, Aero Pro Storm GT, Pure Drive Roddick GT, Pure Drive GT, Pure Drive Cortex. Pure Drive Standard GT won. I find the Aero Pro line to lack the pop and solid feel of the pure drive line. This is a great baseline stick where you can hit with tons of pop, pace, and power. Power is really addictive, but there is lots of topspin due to good head speed and open string pattern. When I play a match with this, I always hit balls deep and close to the line pushing my opponent back and awesome to hit winners at the net because it's stable. Serves are on target with tons of pop and pace; well the Pure Drive Line is Roddick's choice as well. Sting this with RPM Blast at 59lbs and its perfect. So much topspin and you can really take a big cut at the ball. I think to use this racket to its full potential though the player needs to be strong in strength and pace because some of my friends who lack strength and are a bit skinnier without much muscle said the racket was too stiff and hard on their arm. Just a thought. It's perfect for me though. A MUST DEMO!
From: Michial, Tacoma, WA, USA, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 59lbs

Comments: This racket is incredible on serving. Be careful on the tension, as it is a bit stiff and tennis elbow prone. I tried it with a full Pro Hurricane Tour string bed at 45 lbs, and it is amazing. Extremely solid on both serves and volleys, and forehands get a lot of power. Just string low with a poly and let the racket do the rest.
From: Anon, Costa Rica, 08/10

Comments: This racket is great!! IF you're a person looking for a powerful racket that can generate a lot of spin and has a lot of control, the pure drive is the racket for you!! It is a great racket and I have been serving great and my groundstrokes have become more powerful since I switched to this racket.
From: Jason, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 08/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: One word, OUTSTANDING! I have had trouble with my serve percentages. With my regular aerogel 300 I serve about 40% first serve and 60% second. I bumped up about 10%!! That's a lot for me :). My groundies feel more reliable and I feel a lot more comfortable and confident and so too with my volleys. I think when I get the money I'm going to get this and try out my current strings on my 300 see how it goes. But for now I say again, OUTSTANDING!
From: Gerald, Hanford, CA, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Prosupex Big Ace 17 @ 57

Comments: I recently demoed about 20 rackets over several months from almost every major brand and will compare the ones that felt and/or played similar to the Pure Drive GT. I am going to list them in the order of which I personally liked best. 1. Aero Pro Drive GT: Despite what the numbers indicate, this racquet did not really feel stiff. Surprisingly, it felt completely different from the Pure Drive GT, which has pretty much identical specs and the same hoop design, with the difference being a different shape to the throat. The Aero Pro Drive felt comfortable with a bit of give / flex at the throat. The flex rating numbers are not a very indicator of how stiff a modern day racquet will actually feel in play, with many stiff feeling racquets receiving a flexible rating for example. My previous racquet is very flexible, so I know what a flexible feel is like. The Aero Pro is comfy and solid feeling, spin potential is excellent, balance and control felt very good, with adequate mass in the head and no excessive weight in the handle so it did not feel heavy. A solid performer on all strokes. It does not have as much sting or put away power as the Becker Pro, but the Aero Pro Drive GT has adequate power and I feel in control of every shot.
3. Wilson BLX Pro Open: The frame felt very similar to the Pure Drive but with a bit of give; stiff feeling but not TOO stiff. The feel was very good, and unlike the Becker Pro, adding lead tape didn't take away from the feel. This racquet has power, spin, feel, and control - it did everything very well and reminded be a bit of the Original 6.1 Classic, but lighter and stiffer. Touch shots felt better with the Wilson than the Becker, and it was better rounded, but I was able to hit really standout shots and be really aggressive with the Becker Pro so the Wilson gets the 3rd spot.
4. Yonex RDiS 300: The Yonex has a completely different feel from all the other racquets. The standout characteristic of this frame is that it unlike every other power frame out there, the Yonex 300 RDis feels very flexible but with what I can only describe feels like it has a quick snap back. The power potential is high, and the stringbed feels very bouncy and lively. Spin potential is excellent and it has a large sweetspot that is *very high in the string bed.* The sweet spot being so high in the string bed made it feel like it had the advantages of an extended length racquet without the downside of the actual extended length. It is somewhat hollow feeling but not super light and cheap like some other racquets can be.
5. Volkl V1 Classic - The frame felt on the stiff side, but was the most solid feeling of all the racquets I tested. It was by far the most comfortable frame I have ever hit with and with almost no vibration at all. Surprisingly, the string bed it felt like it had a dense string pattern and was very control oriented. With the "Big Grommets" in the middle I was expecting a lively string bed and loads of power, but it was the opposite. The racquet may feel too dampened for some, but again it is very comfy. The only down side is along with the dense string pattern feel, it only had dense string pattern potential (at least for me).
6. Volkl Power Bridge 8 - 295g: The frame itself felt the most similar to the Pure Drive, with the Dunlop 4D 500 Tour being next. A vast improvement over the Pure Drive GT in my opinion. I felt similar spin potential but MORE power without the need for the Pure Drive's overly lively string bed. The racquet is very stiff feeling but with very little vibration and very solid, it did not feel hollow at all. It feels like a nearly perfected version of the Pure Drive.
7. Dunlop 4D 500 Tour: A very stiff feeling frame that felt as stiff as the Pure Drive, but it feels much more solid and well built, without the "rattle" of the Pure Drive. The big difference is that the 500 Tour has a traditional feeling string bed, which can be strung up tight and feel control oriented, by comparison the Pure Drive GT's string bed feels like a trampoline even with tight strings. Because of the string bed and the stiff frame, the 500 can feel even stiffer than the Pure Drive, but not as harsh and with less vibrations.
8. Pure Drive GT: I tried two separate racquets of this same model one with a lower tension poly and one with a tightly strung high end multifilament. If you've never hit with a Pure Drive, I'll try my best to describe how the GT feels to me: Extremely stiff, unyielding feeling frame throughout with a hard and harsh feel. I wouldn't recommend it to any one with arm problems, and use with stiff strings at your own risk. The string bed has a unique feel to it and it feels very bouncy, which reminds me of a trampoline even with high tensions. This is different from simply having a low string tension, which feels softer and looser throughout the string bed as tension goes down.

Comments: This is a phenomenal racquet. The easiness of getting spin on the ball, but still maintaining control is remarkable. I would recommend this racquet to anybody. Probably the best investment I've made my entire life.
From: Zach, MI, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 58 lbs.
Headsize: 100 Sq. in.
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: First the good things: This racket provides excellent control, probably the best of all the rackets I have demoed so far and I have demoed a LOT. The power of the racket is also excellent and you can hit very good penetrating shots from baseline effortlessly. The maneuverability is simply best even better than the Aero pro drive. In fact everything about this racket is better than Aeropro drive GT or any other racket for that matter. The downside is it has a very small sweet spot. In order to get the best out of this racket you always have to hit smack in the middle, which is hard to do in long games (especially for a relatively old player like me). Also because the racket is so stiff the off center shots and servers sting your arm and can give you arm fatigue or pain. Overall I think if you are a clean hitter of the ball or aim to become one the hard way this is the best racket of all times.
From: Sunil, Sunnyvale, CA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Dunlop Max Comfort 16

Comments: I was coming from the new Aeropro Drive Team frame. It is good, but was looking for a frame that had heavier plow through and the ability to really rip the ball and give me some catch and power. Well I demo'ed the 135 anniversary frame and was really impressed. I'm a baseline that comes up on approaches and does some volleying. I loved the fact that I can hit all out from the baseline and the frame seems to be able to catch the ball and slingshot it back with power and spin. It doesn't hurt that the frame was strung with Babolat Revenge which enhanced the pocketing feel. The extra weight at 11.2 oz from the Aeropro Team's 10.5 was welcome. I felt like I was hitting a much heavier ball with greater depth. Also absorbing power from my opponent and being able to control and guide back well placed shots was amazing. Usually I get overwhelmed by heavier hitter. Now I can handle it better. Just got the frame with a hybrid of Revenge and VS 16 gauge gut on the crosses. Another great frame from Babolat.
From: Curtis, San Bruno, CA, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge (mains) and VS Gut 16 gauge (crosses) 58 lbs:

Comments: I have never experienced tennis elbow until I played with this racquet, maybe it is good, not good for me.
From: Jake, Mex. 6/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB @ 57

Comments: I was demoing racquets looking to make a switch from my Wilson kblade 98 and I tried the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick gt first believing it would have more control and allow me to swing out more so than the standard. I was very wrong I did not like the Roddick version but tried my friends standard and fell in love. I found much more control with more spin and just as much power. I am now hitting many more winners than before and i never worry about hitting out.
From: John, New York, New York. 6/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre pro red code 16 at 58

Comments: Just switched from the Babolat Pure Storm GT to the Pure Drive GT. I am truly in love. So much more power and depth on my shots, with easy access to spin. I didn't expect this thing to be good for my one-handed backhand, but indeed it was. I can hit great angles from all areas of the court. I am winning much more than I was. Highly recommended for anyone who like to hit a lot of spin and is looking for more power to do so.
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: MSV Focus Hex 1.23 (17 gauge), 54 lbs

Comments: After demoing 4 batches of racquets from TW, finally decided on the Pure Drive GT (the Roddick was a close second - I just felt a little slower at the net with the extra weight). Switched from Wilson nCode nPro. Very nice from the baseline (but I had to increase tension from my old 56 to 60). Very comfortable racquet. I could really tee off with my Wilson, but any off-center hits could really be felt. The Babolat hardly ever translates any vibration. Baseline is great - I hit with lots of top on the forehand side and have been working on flat, driving shots. This racquet excels at both. I play mostly doubles and my volleys have a lot more penetration and weight to them. The only thing I feel I've lost is a little touch at the net (which is interesting, because baseline drop volleys are great). Extremely happy.
From: Greg, Medford, OR, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon M2 Pro 16L, 60 pounds

Comments: I just received my Pure Drive GT this week and after my first practice session I had to apologize to my wife because I've fallen in love. The PD GT is an arm friendly, power producer that can be tweaked through your string setup to have just the right amount of control you desire. Add Babolat RPM Blast string to it and the experience is unforgettable. I now have a racquet that helps me with some power but will put the ball exactly where I want it to be on the court.
From: Brandon, San Antonio, TX, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16G, 59lbs.

Comments: This is a great racquet! Haven't hit a Pure Drive since the first incarnation and it's gotten so much better with the addition of GT. Serves huge, great off the ground and solid at the net. However, like all Babolats, lacks a certain amount of feel. Still, this racquet shouldn't be dismissed as simply a baseline bashing rocket launcher. I'm a serve-and-volleyer and I'm considering switching to this frame. If VS Team, my string of choice, enhances the feel then this could be a lethal weapon for me. One word of caution: the swingweight seems to be off from the TW specs. Every other internet retailer puts the SW at less than 310. To me it swings closer to 320 or just below.
From: R2, Southern CA. 5/10

Comments: I like this racquet a lot. Since the beginning that I played with this racquet, I felt that I improved my game. I used to play with the Wilson K Brave, but I really hurt my elbow with it and now I have some kind of knack in it...but than I bought this racquet and my game became more solid. This racquet offers you great control, power and design. Anytime when I hit the ball on my frame I immediately check how my racquet looks like, because I don't want scratches on it, so beautiful is the design:P. The babolat pure drive is great and I hope that I can play with it for many years!! This racquet is how we call it in the Netherlands: helemaal top!
From: Wybe, Zaandam, Netherlands. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat furyo, 26 kg
NTRP Rating: I don't know. in dutch ranking I'm a 8 for single and 8 for doubles, which is not very good, thanks to the pure drive it will soon be better!!

Comments: This is probably one of the best racquets I ever used. This racquet allows you to generate so much topspin on groundstrokes, plus you don't lose the power. Serving with this racquet is good also. Even the price of the racquet although it's a little pricey it's worth it, I currently own 3. Overall I have to give props to Babolat for making such an awesome racquet. Thanks guys
From: Paul, Waterbury, CT, USA, 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 16 58

Comments: I have two of these racquets and they are very good. One thing I find bad about this racquet is that it is very hard to hit the ball flat and depends on what type of aggressive game style you use. This is better for heavy spin players. This racquet also has a big head and frame which allows a lot of room for frame shots and isn't very forgiving.
From: Luke, Melbourne, Victoria. 4/10
String type and tension: Matchpower 1.25

Comments: I transitioned to this racquet the end of last season (2009) and used it a half dozen times this season. It really improved my game. The heavier head and balance seemed more suitable for me compared to the Head IS6 (very light) I had been using. I didn't feel like my serve had as much zip with the Pure Drive GT, but it was much more consistent, enabled better placement, and I was able to add more slice. It was much more effective. I absolutely loved this racquet. Yes, I said "loved" because the frame cracked at the throat. I was irate because it was very expensive and it did so much for my game. There was no racquet abuse (again it was an extremely expensive racquet, for me anyways). I have read some other reviews about some of the other Babolat models and they have cited a weak, delicate, easily breaking frame. I am still in contact with the Babolat Company in regards to a resolution. If you decide to purchase this racquet, I hope you have better luck with the frame than I did.
From: Ian, Lawrenceville, NJ, USA. 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 56 pounds
Headsize: 100sq

Comments: Love this racquet - upgraded from the original pure drive - no comparison - plays smooth and effortless- great at the net or on the baseline. Serves big and flat when I want to, or a great spin on groundies.
From: Bob, NY, NY, USA. 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge - 60

Comments: So far, I've been playing at a serious level with three racquets. My first at the beginner level was the Babolat XS 105. The second at a higher level was a Head Microgel Extreme, at that time I felt that Babolat's frames weren't right for me. But with both of those previous racquets, I felt that I couldn't be aggressive, and It was too hard to go for winners. But now, with the Pure Drive GT, I feel I have finally found my match! At first I was worried there wouldn't be enough control, but there is MORE than enough!!! I love the power level too, and topspin was extremely easy to generate even without using a full windshield wiper swing. Occasionally I like to hit a deep slice forehand, and I could do that with ease as well. I found myself hitting the ball unusually hard, yet without any fear that my shots would go long. I was pleased with the versatility this racquet offered me on the serve. I could mix it up with a flat heater or a jamming kicker. One of the things that surprised me and my dad a lot was the forgiveness of mis-hits. Since I started playing more aggressively, my form wasn't always perfect, but even so, I was rewarded with impressive forgiveness. Volleys felt crisp yet comfortable, and I could angle the ball well. My friend at the pro-shop warned me that the Pure Drive GT would be hard on my arm, but so far I think that this racquet is pretty comfortable, though it is stiffer than I'm used to. After buying this frame, I don't think I'll leave Babolat any time soon. If you are an aggressive player who wants a perfect blend of power and control, take the Pure Drive GT for a playtest.
From: Brandon, Sacramento, California, USA. 4/10
String type and tension: Volkl Powerfiber II 16 @ 57lbs.
NTRP Rating: competitive teen, about 4.0

Comments: This is an excellent racquet, good maneuverability around the court and great spin and has great serving accuracy. The only problem I have with this racquet is that after 6 months of play my PDGT had started to make funny noises when the ball came in contact with the string. I think it might be that the fibres inside are weak, does anyone know about this? I play 4-5 times a week and hit the ball with a lot of spin. I think it also might have to do with framing the ball. Overall this is a good racquet but if you are a hard hitter and frame the ball often this isn't the racquet for you.

Comments: I have been playing with the pure drive Roddick for a couple of years now and it was the best racquet I had ever played with. Then the new Pure drive GT came out and it was amazing!! It wasn�t to heavy and it wasn�t to light so it let you get the best out of your shots. It has amazing ability at the base line so you can just hit it in with a lot of power as well. The Volleys are even better you can just punch it in with a lot of power again. If you are considering buying this racquet then I strongly suggest getting it. IT is definitely worth the money.
From: Matthew, Adelaide, Australia, 04/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour
Headsize: 100 square inch

Comments: Great racquet!! I have been playing with the PD GT for 6 months now and it has helped me to improve my game immensely. Gives me a lot of confidence as well. But a big problem is that it hurts the arm. I have played for several years using Head, Dunlop and Babolat Pure Storm Tour and never had problems with pain, but after playing with PD GT I started feeling a lot of pain in my wrist, elbow and even shoulder. I have tried several different strings and even with the softer multifilament ones it still puts a lot of pressure on the arm - such a shame though, because the racquet is great for my game.
From: Andy, UK 03/10
String type and tension: Head RIP Control @ 58 (mains) Babolat Xcel @ 57 (crosses)

Comments: Now don't get me wrong, Babolat racquets are awesome, but this stick hurt my wrist. It hurt quite badly after I used this stick. But, apparently, I am the only person having this problem, so I'll list what I did like about it. 1. Groundies are awesome, with a lot of pop and a lot of spin. 2. Power POWER POWWWERRRR! This racquet gives a lot of power in ANY type of hit. 3. Volleys? Awesome. A great racquet for putting spin on and controlling volleys. Overall, this stick is good; but hopefully it won't hurt your wrist like it did mine.
From: anon. Louisville, KY, USA 03/10

Comments: The gt's are a definite upgrade from the cortex model. I feel more control out of this racquet compared to prior models. The prior pure drives had great power but lacked control, with the gt it's controlled power and it is very maneuverable around the net. I hit bombs for serves and my groundies are ridiculous! With the right string set-up this racquet is the perfect weapon for everyone. I highly suggest at least demoing this racquet. Great job Babolat!
From: Clint, Indiana 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 58lbs

Comments: Ok so for the people wondering is it worth it to up grade from my pure drive cortex to the new gt. The answer is yes. I've played with the PDC for 2yrs and am now using the GT. The GT feels a lot like the pure drive, it's a little stiffer though, but in a good way it makes shots feel more crisp and solid. Unlike the PDC which often felt kind of hollow. Using the gt my serve improved by a tenfold. Both power and control greatly exceed that of the pdc. Has access to a lot more spin and power than the PDC. However it doesn't add so much power that it becomes hard to keep the ball in the court, and the added topspin helps keep it in. So both the fore hand and back hand sides played similar to that of the PDC, but felt better with the added spin and power. For some reason I had a little trouble with volleys with the racket. I think that I still need to adjust to it a little though, haven't really played a lot with it at the net. Overall it feels really good, so in my personal opinion the upgrade is worth it.
From: Ryan, Nashville, TN, USA. 03/10
String type and tension:Babolat pro hurricane @60 lbs
Headsize: 100sqinch

Comments: I have played with Babolat Drive racquets before, I tried the new version and it feels, surprisingly, like a Babolat Drive, lots of power, lots of spin, if you play this racquet you know you have got yourself a rocket launcher, if your style of play is dominating opponents, this is the right choice for you, however, there is very little margin for error, a clean winner may instead hit the fence if you do not hit long, fast, whippy, confident strokes. Playing with this racquet is fun!
From: Mike, Mexico 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB @ 59
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: This is great racquet. I demoed it and then bought one. It's great for not so high rated players <= 3.5, because it's easy to generate power. My original racket is Wilson Kblade tour which I had a hard time to generate power. Compared with Kblade, Pure Drive GT is much more powerful, slices and serves are as good, but more head heavy. This might be the only downside. I am not a net player, so the head-heaviness is not a big problem. Despite its higher stiffness, I do not feel the Pure Drive creates more harm to my elbow, maybe thanks to the Cortex. Generally speaking, this is a very good stick, more suitable to my game than kblade.
From: Hua, Chapel Hill, NC, US 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 60
NTRP Rating: 3.0 self-estimated

Comments: Great racquet! Loved the solid feel from the groundstrokes and the spin you get. The serves are great too, just the volleys aren't that great. But over all, great racquet for a baseliner.
From: Ken, Austin, Texas US 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon big banger, 53
Headsize:100 in2
NTRP Rating:4.50

Comments: Great racket with solid plow through. Volleys are basically the only downside. It's a decent weight and gives you lots of spin. I have no regrets.
From: Will, Rye, NY USA 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel @ 55lbs

Comments: Great racquet from the baseline. The solid feel is better than the pure drive cortex. Very nice on serve, and generates pretty good spin. My only complaint is that the racquet is a bit stiff, but that's what makes it powerful. So if you don't mind that, I recommend this racquet.
From: Tuan, Irvine, CA, USA 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel 57lbs

Comments: This is only my second racquet after my Dunlop 300g that my friend gave me. Requires very little to generate a lot of power but I felt more control with the 300g. Over all, very nice feel and feedback. I liked it on first hit.
From: Ria, Manila, Philippines. 02/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger, 52

Comments: This is WONDERFUL Racquet ever I had. Earlier I have been using racquets like Wilson K factor K Five 108, Prince 03 speedport Silver & Head Flexpoint 4.. My serve has improved a lot..Lot of power while smashing..Baseline winner.. Powered Single-hand Back-Hand.. but initially it was not good in Volleys, may be due to head light..But after more practice on it I was able to manage Volleys as well.. I will recommend to those players who are in middle level and want to improve their Serves, Smash & Good Power..
From: Suresh Kumar, Dammam, Saudi Arabia 01/10
String type and tension: Head Synthetic Gut, 60
NTRP Rating: 4+

Comments: It is awesome. Tons of power but it doesn't lack control. I recently switched from a Prince graphite. This one has the same amount of control but more power than the graphite. It has tons of pop on kick serves, which will bounce off the court, but it is also great on flat or kick serves. Since I am a baseliner I love the power and spin on groundstrokes.
From: Sam, Bradenton, FL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane, 48

Comments: The best racquet I have ever played with! I added some lead tape at 2 and 10 o'clock positions and it just became perfect. Despite it is more to the power side you still have a decent control using the huge top spin potential this racquet has. I can understand why this racquet was listed among the 10 top racquets of all time by Tennis magazine. Demo now!
From: Wilton, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 57 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: Greetings to the soldiers of the tennis world, I decided to review this racket because it is a divine stick, I have just recently changed from a Volkl v-engine, it was a good stick but feels like an old el-cheapo. When I use my skills to place a winner or even hit a down right flat grenade across the baseline this one gives me the ability to do so. When I return even of the fastest serves I just penetrate devastating force with absolute ease. My kickers are popping with astonishing bounce and my flat serve that is already one of my weapons in my arsenal are pounding down with pace. All in all if you are looking for a racket that good all around court, purchase this battle axe!!
From: Damien Talbot, America 12/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre pro red code 17 gauge, 62

Comments: It was the best feel in the world using it with the Babolat cross Babolat Hybrid pro Hurricane Tour+ VS makes it even more feel best racquet of 2009.
From: Riku, Kota kinabalu, Sahab, Malaysia 12/09
String type and tension: 55lbs
Headsize: 100sq.in

Comments: First of all this racquet looks better than any racquet I have ever seen, literally. Try to find a better looking racquet, you can't! The most distinct feature in this racquet is the huge amount of spin and power. I use a head microgel which has a very soft comforting feel when striking the ball, where as this pure drive has a very crisp feeling at contact. This is the best racquet I have ever used, no exaggeration.
From: D.S, Canada 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane "58"

Comments: Hello tennis warehouse! I am 10 years old and recently my mom bought this racket for me. I am a 4.0 player with moderate topspin and a big serve, although I am short (4'4"). Between 100km-130km. I say this racket is excellent for spin.
From: Philip, China, Hong Kong, 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS Babolat Thermogut 17

Comments: I have now had the PDGT standard head size for 2 months and it is playing great! The adjustment from the 107 was no problem(see 107 feedback)and I really enjoy the extra precision. You need to be able to handle and control the power because it is there! If you like stiff, solid frames then this could be for you. If you still want a BAB and want a classical players racquet then maybe a Pure Storm or Limited.More spin, go for the Aero series STORM or DRIVE. If you want a "soft" racquet buy a head, Wilson, Yonex etc. Happy hitting!
From: Ray, Birmingham, UK 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane/NVY Hybrid 58lbs
NTRP Rating: Tennis Coach

Comments: This is one of the best racquets out there. The headsize is perfect and not too big nor not too small like the Wilson Federer ones. This racquet fits an intermediate very well and probably even a pro. I don't know what to think of only the ladies pro using this racquet though. I'm not much of a spin player but this racquet gives CRAZY spin even when you don't mean too. Also, this gives a lot of power so beginners would probably hit balls into parking lots with this, you'll need to learn how to hit correctly over the net to use this racquet.
From: Carl, Seattle, WA, USA, 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 57 pounds

Comments: I have had this racquet for about two months and its pretty good for power, but if you are looking for a lot of control then this is not the racquet for you. The Pro Hurricane Tour strings help kick-up a lot of spin though. I think I'm going to switch to a Babolat AreoStorm tour racquet.
From: Joseph, Prattville, AL, US 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 57 pounds

Comments: Short simple and sweet. After playing with Yonex racquets forever..I decided to demo this racket along with my Yonex RQS 11 and wow what a difference. Serves were effortless.. forehands were Monstrous..one handed backhands..graceful and of course my favorite two handed backhands..UNFORGIVING (to the poor bloke who's receiving..) A definite positive upgrade. Gona buy 2 more...armed with Black code strings. LOOKS GOOD TOO..hehe. XD.
From: Abdul Jhakul, KABUL, AFGHANISTAN 11/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 16
Headsize: as big as your mouth could fit.. lol 100.

Comments: Awesome stick. Best stick I have ever played so far. It improved everything on my game, from serve to volley (I am not a big volley player though... prefer the back of the court). Excellent on ground strokes as well as back hands and slices. I can hit heavy spin balls all over the court, and great cross court shots which leave my "net friend players" just looking at the ball with not much to do. This way I keep them way back and running all over the place. Serve is great as well, flat and spin serves. Great on returns as well... I am not using any extra weight and the balance for me is perfect. I went ahead and bought a second stick, so I will be good for the next 5 yeas I hope. Great job Babolat.
From: Marcelo, Flowery Branch, GA, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16 at 58lbs

Comments: I have tried several Wilson rackets (Six One,K Tour and Head Monster). All seemed to lack in certain areas. K Tour team fx offered a variety of shots but seemed to lack power. I bought the PD-GT on a whim and have never looked back. This is an awesome racket with lots of spin and power potential. If you have a medium to hard serve, you will immediately notice the power and placement difference! Groundstrokes are amazing with a perfect balance of spin and power. The stiffness of the racket may take a bit to get used to, but once you find your sweet spot you will not look back. I have been a Wilson Guy for years and would certainly consider another racket, but this one will be in my bag for years to come.
From: Tom, St. Louis MO USA 10/09
String type and tension:58 Babolat Hurricane 16

Comments: I was playing with Wilson K Factor Six Two. A good intermediate racquet but lacked weight, which is required for power and control. Demoed Babolat Pure Drive regular and I liked it a lot. Problem with regular Pure Drive (no GT) is that it is not forgiving on off-center shots. You have to really have accuracy and hit it at the center to get a good feel for the ball and penetration. Ordered Pure Drive GT as a backup one and I'm loving it. It's forgiving. Besides it's got some pop and power when compared to regular Pure Drive. I can feel it is slightly head heavy than Pure Drive (less maneuverability). But you will get used to it in couple of days. Go for it. You wont regret! But demo for couple of hours before buying.
From: Bharath, Dayton, NJ, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hybrid - Hurricane and XCel Premium (around 57 lbs)

Comments: Demo'd this racquet for 5 mins, bought it the next day. What a great racquet!!. Flat and slice serves are a bomb, groundstrokes are very solid(topspin is created without trying), slices has added spin. I spend most of my time at the back of the court, so this is perfect for baseline bashing all day long. This racquet is a bit stiff but i string polys (mains and crosses)at low tension, so it dosent bother me at all. Overall, this stick will be in my bags for years to come. I now know why this racquet is so popular. Ive always been a Prince guy, but have now opened my eyes to Babolat!. Cheers. (Did I mention it also has power on demand!!!)
From: Lee, Sydney, Australia 10/09
String type and tension: Racquetfuel control 1.25, 51 lbs.

Comments: Worst mistake ever. I generally don't demo racquets before I buy them but I wish I did. This was a waste of my money. I use the k-blade team and play extremely well with it. The pd gt is like my k-blade on steroids. I would not recommend this racquets if you have your own power. And it is true what they say, it feels very hollow, put it this way I find nothing good about this racquet; this was wasted money.
From: Tito, Fresno, TX, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 60 lbs.

Comments: This racket is just amazing. I demoed it a couple of days ago and played better than I ever have before. I think I might buy it. I'm coming back from an extremely flexible Wilson kcourt and this is the exact opposite. Groundstrokes are extremely powerful and are filled with pace and spin. Also you can hit booming serves with this too. The only thing that I'm worried about is that I have recently gotten the 1st symptoms of tennis elbow. idk if it has anything to do with the stiffness of the racquet though, but overall it's an awesome racquet.
From: Alejandro, Miami, FL, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson Hollow core

Comments: Like hitting with an iron board. Not comfortable at all and don't know where the power has gone. Very very stiff racquet, even the original cortex seems softer. Very disappointed and will remain with Volkl 8 series racquets.
From: Enrico, New York, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre TGV, 58 lbs

Comments: Demo'd the racquet, and bought it an hour later! Racquet produces monstrous serves! The racquet is more powerful than most player frames! So, it did take me a few sets to adjust. After the short adjustment, I am loving the winners I hit! Great all around! Does need a dampener. The frame is much more comfortable and stable than the last model... If you are still using the older model, this one will be a treat! definitely recommend for 3.5+! I love the bold vibrant paint as well! This racquet definitely stands out!
From: Ben, AL, USA. 10/09
String and tension: Babolat xcel/pro hurricane 60 lbs.

Comments:I own the previous model and found an almost identical feel, balance and swingweight. If I was blind I'll buy the GT as well. The problem I find with this stick is the cosmetics: Paint color and tone looks unprofessional, maybe appropriate for a kids racquet or something you might find at Wal-Mart. Its definitely a great racquet, I have been using it for over two years, but you need to fall in love with the cosmetics to make it part of your gear. There are other similar choices out there that are less embarrassing to play with.
From: Eric, San Juan, PR, 09/09
String type and tension: Hybrid: Babolat Polymono/Babolat Fine Play at 66 lbs

Comments: I tried this racquet when it first hit the US in the late 1990s, couldn't quite relate to it, and moved in. The latest version, the GT, shows the benefits of a decade of refinement of a product, and it is now a very worthy stick. I never thought I'd describe a PD as comfortable, but even strung with poly this one feels cushy. The racquet just plain works for every part of the game, and with a bit of added weight holds up even better in heavy hitting. Best for baseliners but very adequate at net as well.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ 08/09
String type and tension: WeissCannon Silverstring, 59 lbs.

Comments: Bought this without demoing it about 4 months ago. I hit with a one handed backhand and have a fast, loopy stroke - found the PD offers decent control, great power, easy to generate spin. However, I find that I cannot rip into the ball as much as I like for fear of it flying out. Serves are powerful with this stick. I am giving it up though as for me it is a little too stiff which has caused me wrist and slight elbow problems (has never happened to me before). Demoed the Wilson K-Six one 95 (18x20) today and found much more precise control and ability to bring my own power to the table. Also played a couple hours with my bro's K Pro-open 100 which is also a very sweet stick though you need to supply lots of power. Both have a much more natural feel to me than the PD.. but the PD may suit others more - always demo first!!
From: Daz, Australia. 08/09
String type and tension: 58lbs Pro Hurricane

Comments: The best all around racquet that I have ever used. The power, spin, and control of this stick are unsurpassed for me. The feel is soft and the sweetspot is sweet. All said and done there is nothing but praise for this GT. I won't be using any other stick anytime soon.
From: Barry, SJ, CA. 8/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big banger orig and Wilson sensation 58lbs
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: After read the comment on this page I deciding to try out by demo this racquet. It is very power from baseline so I can hit, and don't have to generate so much power that make me tired. Also good when try to volley sometime I just stick my racquet out for volley and work greatly. Sometime when playing with friend because this racquet feel so good on my arm when I hitting I can control from hitting cross court and then down the line winner so he always running and guess which way I hit. Not only play good but also looking good racquet. I like imitate player and if you use this racquet you can play like Andy Roddick hit like him hard. This racquet great one and I plan on buying it instead of just demo for temporary.
From: Phun, Akron, Ohio, USA 08/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase, 58 lbs
Headsize: 95 sq. in.

Comments: This racket is the best racket ever played with. It gives great feel, great spin, great power and great power and spin on the serve.
From: Josh, England 08/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane, 57 pounds
NTRP Rating:3.5

Comments: I'm understanding now in this technological age of tennis that a frame can actually be developed player and style specific. I can see that this new Babolat frame is a "Topspin Machine". Because of weight, materials, woofer system and powerful beam this thing defines topspin and that is the modern game of tennis. A game of power spin. I get so much spin from this frame that I could put an opponent 8 feet behind the baseline all day long. The frame is a topspin "whip". This frame is also a player improvement stick allowing anyone to kick their game up a notch simply by using it. Because of the custom frame mold this company really does provide a unique product.
From: Bear, Pennsylvania, USA. 08/09

Comments: "REALLY AMAZING." This string is the best string I have played. I like this string at 55 pounds on my Babolat Pure Drive GT, I think that the racquet, also greatly, contributes to the power of the string and the string pattern determines the control. Unfortunately there is no reel version of this string. This is one of the best, the only string that I decided to use.
From: Jaime, Lima, Peru. 7/09

Comments: I never quite believed that changing your racquet at the intermediate level would have a huge result on your playing level. I figured you could either play or you couldn't regardless of the racquet. The Babolat Pure Drive GT definitely proved me wrong. All of my strokes literally improved, especially my serve which is probably the most important shot. I got more power for my 1st serve and more spin for my 2nd. Unforced errors for my ground strokes and volleys definitely went down and even my playing partners commented on the improvement. It wasn't as though my technique suddenly changed, it was simply the racquet. It has a very crisp feel on every stroke. Its quite powerful and very maneuverable, but my only small gripe is that its a little on the light side (hence the increased maneuverability).Its not completely rock solid when in a really heavy groundstroke exchange but that can easily be corrected with lead tape etc. With that in mind, you should probably demo the Roddick version first and then dial down a notch to the lighter one. The fact though that your efforts are so easily rewarded with the lighter one, makes me shudder to think how much power the Roddick version must have. Still waiting for the twinge in my elbow. I've had it two weeks and played 8 days within that period for about 2 hours each day and I haven't felt anything. Having had TE before, its quite surprising, considering that the Pure Drive is supposed to be an elbow crusher. Overall I would have to say its an excellent racquet for intermediate players such as myself and well worth a demo.
From: DH, Barbados. 7/09
String type and tension: Prince Syn Gut.
(Previously played with N-Code Six One 95 and Wilson Hammer 5.2)

Comments: Very nice racket. The first pure drive I've owned. Solid and great pop. Great on the arm and very maneuverable at net. Glad I bought it.
From: Dan, NY, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Luxilon BB ALU Power, 58 pounds

Comments: I tried this racquet after reading a lot of the reviews here. I have to say I was really impressed. After getting used to it, it was very maneuverable and easy to use. Great power on the groundies as well as the serve. However, I decided to stick with my Aeropro Drive for 2 reasons. One, the racquet didn't feel "crisp". It kind of felt unstable when hitting directly in the sweetspot. Two, It didn't provide as much spin potential. It was more for a flat game, which I don't understand being that it is so powerful. I loved this racquet, probably going at #2 on my list, but don't expect it to be any better than the Aeropro Drive, because in most of these ways it's not.
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY, 07/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16, 60 lbs

Comments: I must say, all these reviews tricked me on here because it looked as solid as ever. It was totally the opposite. I don't know if it was the Cortex, but the whole stick was unstable, not maneuverable and extremely powerful. All my shots were floating long into the fence and it offered very little spin. I didn't like it at all.
From: Evan, Long Island, NY. 7/09
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction @ 54 lbs

Comments: Simply the best racquet I have ever owned. Switched from the K 6.1 and never looked back. From the baseline, this stick is about as good as it gets. At the net it is surprisingly maneuverable for a midplus, and serves are a joy to hit. Try playing around with some poly hybrids to get the most from this frame. Right now using a Luxilon ALU/ Wilson NXT hybrid and very happy with the results.
From: Christian, St. Paul, MN. 7/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU/Wilson NXT hybrid @56 lbs

Comments: The Pure Drive GT is an all around great stick. Very easy on the arm and has a good amount of power and control. Compared to its predecessor, the GT has more control and is less stiff. A bit more head heavy than the previous version, but didn't seem to make a difference to me. Racquet is very forgiving on off-center shots. Love the feel. Improved my game by a milestone. Fans of the old Pure Drive will love the new one even more!
From: anon. 07/09
String type and tension: Gamma Professional 18, 56 pounds

Comments: For the last ten years I've mainly played with 2 frames. The Pure Drive and the Aeropro Drive. I was a big fan of the first gen woofer model and then the Pure Drive Team. But when the PD Cortex came out a couple of years back I didn't like the cosmetic and most importantly I hated the feel. It felt too harsh and very rough despite having "Cortex" in it. But it also took away some feel. So my days of playing with Pure Drive were pretty much over. The Aeropro was stick of choice. Then the new PD GT came out and I couldn't help but get hooked in with the new bright blue cosmetics with shiny finish. A absolute beauty and grabs attention everywhere I play. But the big difference is the feel. I noticed a more "plush" and cushioned feel this time around, much more stability around the head of the racquet as opposed to before, less twisting on off center shots. But remember the previous model being more stiff, but this new GT seems to have more dwell time. It holds the ball longer in the string bed than in the past. There's a DEFINITE improvement with the new GT in all areas. The slice holds longer and travels great and low. The kick serve is easier since the dwell time in the stringbed has increased. I had to make slight adjustments on my stroke with flat shots on this one. But with topspin, slice and kickers I noticed a change and upgrade. The volleys were very very nice, the extra stability on the head helped with placing volleys better. The areas where I had to get used to were the forehand and the flat serve. I feel there's more plow through on the forehand side especially, the ball stays there a fraction longer than before where the ball came off the strings faster, therefore it rewarded a more compact stroke. Being a Babolat guy since 1999 I have to say this GT model Pure Drive is up there with the best version of Pure Drive yet, I say just as good if not a more improved version of the Pure Drive Team from over 5 years ago. Now if Babolat improve the Aeropro Drive in a similar fashion I'm in heaven. For those trying to decide, the Pure Drive rewards a more flat groundstroke while the Aeropro Drive rewards a more topspin oriented game. But for this review I really recommend the new Pure Drive GT. A great all around stick.
From: Manny, Queens, NY, USA 06/09