Comments: Not at all a fan of this racket. I'm in my mid 50's with new elbow problems and was hoping the cortex technology would be beneficial. This is terrible for the old elbow. Seem very dead with small sweet spot. Been using it for a few months but fear I wasted my $. Unless you demo this and are quite sure I would avoid it.
From: Paul, Dunkirk, MD, USA, 0710
String type and tension: 59 lbs

Comments: This is an incredibly advanced racquet. If you're looking for control from the racquet, then it's not for you. For those who already have control, it will greatly improve your strokes. My service has improved soooo much because of this racquet. It's quite light which is my preference (if not then use the tape) and it's very versatile.
From: AJ, Dayton, NJ, USA. 07/10
String type and tension: Tecnifiber standard

Comments: Not only a great feeling racquet, but also very durable. Normally I have problems with frames wearing down and eventually cracking but these last exceptionally well. It added just the amount of control I needed to feel more confident with my shots, but kept the same power from previous racquets.
From: Braden, Taylor, Texas, U.S.A. 4/10
String type and tension: 62 lbs

Comments: My previous racquet was Head Ti-Distiny. Recently switched to this racquet with Luxilon strings. Definitely saw a great improvement in ground strokes but still a little iffy on slices. Can see an improvement in power and ball control; especially the ball control. Also the cortex system is great, extremely comfortable when playing because there is little vibration, yet I still got a good feel for the racquet. I used my friend's Babolat which is similar to this one before purchasing it. He has the aeropro lite which is similar but lighter. I wanted a little more weight so I got this one instead. You should demo it before purchasing it because like many said, it may not be for you.
From: Vu, Gainesville, FL, USA 03/10
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU 55lbs

Comments: I love this racquet! HOWEVER DEFINITELY NOT FOR EVERYONE. I'd say it is by far the best racquet out there, or at least for my playing style. Not a beginner racquet though. A good racquet for experienced players who have been playing for years looking to improve your game. The Cortex Technology helps a lot reducing recoil. It does take some getting used to, and will take some time to get used to. But when you get used to it its worth it. This racquet is definitely not for pushers though, and you really have to know how to put a decent amount of top spin on the ball or it will sail out. I highly recommend to demo this before you buy it because that would be a lot of money to waste. Overall great racquet. I own 2.
From: Josh, USA 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane,

Comments: For the past several years I have played with Wilson, which are great racquets. However I recently demoed the Babolat Pure Drive and I was impressed with the stability and power. The groundstrokes using a semi-western forehand or amazing both with spin and flat forehands. I have a good slice backhand and I was impressed with how well the racquet performed with this stroke. My biggest concern was my one handed backhand because everyone I know who currently uses this racquet has two handed backhand. I have never had such an accurate 1HBH as with this racquet (topspin and flat). Finally, the serves. Spin is truly amazing with this racquet. I played a league match with this racquet and it was hard for the opponent to return any my topspin serves. Flat serves were not too shabby either.
From: Charlie, Creedmoor, NC, USA, 03/10
String type and tension: Wilson Synthetic Gut @58

Comments: Nice racquet, for those with decent strokes. Great for groundstrokes, but somewhat lacking on volleys. For me, this racquet has a little excessive power and vibrates/flexes too much. It is like the Cortex does almost nothing, I've had to buy a dampener. I wonder how the GT handles.
From: Jonathan, Sunnyvale, CA, USA 01/10

Comments: I've been using this racquet for about a year and I love it. Groundstrokes and serves have loads of spin even if I do find more pace with other racquets. I string with a natural gut hybrid and have found this racquet to be extremely comfortable on my arm (I had elbow surgery a couple of years ago). I recently added some lead to one of my frames to provide a bit more stability against some of the harder hitters I play and it worked great! All around I'd say this is a great racquet for a wide variety of players.
From: Lou, Holts Summit, MO, US. 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Tonic 16g (mains-62 lbs), Gosen Micro 17g (crosses-60 lbs)
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I have been using this racquet for about two months now, with a poly/synthetic combination. It's great on serves and groundstrokes, however doesn't feel that good on volleys. At the net it is somewhat difficult to move around. I had been having tennis elbow problems and switched to this stick. It feels okay for now. Does anyone have a "perfect" string combination to suggest?
From: anon. 11/09

Comments: As with all racquets, you must demo it first to formulate a true opinion, but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyway. I have used several other racquets, including other Babolats, but this one is the most comfortable from all areas of the court. It is stiff and slightly heavy, but the weight distribution makes it very maneuverable. It's easy to generate heavy topspin from both wings and offers nice punch on volleys. Your string of choice will have a lot to do with your level of satisfaction. Try the Hurricane/XCel hybrid.
From: Nyemike, Plano, TX. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane @ 60lbs (mains), XCel @ 56lbs (cross)

Comments: The thing with this racquet is that if you have a good technique, your shots will most likely be amazing and your game will surely improve a lot... yet, if your groundstrokes are faulty, you will regret ever buying this. This racquet is about the less forgiving stick I have ever bought. After no more than two weeks of playing with it (with a bad technique I presume) I developed tennis elbow, wrist and shoulder problems. Which gave enough reasons to send me home with no tennis for a month, woohoo. Nothing TOO serious though. The racquet's amazingly precise, comforting, and strong... when you do things right. If you're starting tennis, or need to improve your technique a lot (like me xD), don't even consider this.
From: Sergio, Morelos, Mexico. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 62Lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet just on customer feedback 2 years back and really didn't have the skills to play with this stick. Developed terrible shoulder problems due to poor technique. Went to the Prince Hornet because it was arm friendly and I'd lost much strength. After rehabbing my shoulder for a year and habitually breaking my strings I went back to the Babolat. No elbow or shoulder problems whatsoever and booming serves, getting wicked topspin, and nasty slice backhands. I wasn't good enough for this Babolat at first; now I'm getting a second. I want to try the GT but this was part of my leap from being patronized by people after losing to drubbing them the very next year. 45 years old, playing 3 years.
From: Eric, Connecticut, USA 10/09
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU16 Mains at 52/Wilson Nxt16 at 56

Comments: Like many, I had my doubts about this racquet after hearing that it was too stiff or had too much power. Basically, YOU can't determine if a racquet has any cons unless you test it out first. I was really shaky during the first hour of playing with the Pure Drive w/Cortex, but after that... It was just incredible! I was blown away by the power, control, and spin coming from this racquet. With the power from this racquet, I kept sending my friends back to the baseline, while with the control, I easily hit shots to the corner. With the right string(s) and tension, you're sure to play very well with this racquet. Hope this helps.
From: Johnny, CA, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Revenge 16 @ 62 lbs

Comments: Like many others, at first this racquet hurt my arm and was not comfortable. After adjusting to its weight and power, I love it! It provides power and great spin. Before, I was not much of a power hitter and didn't hit many winner. Now I hit them left and right. Glad I switched to this stick from the Head Microgels.
From: Hugo, OC, CA, USA. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 59lbs
NTRP Rating: 5.5-6.0

Comments: A good racquet but like most racquets it had some cons. It was sadly too much power for me and it vibrates. But it has more pros than cons. It has great power and accuracy.
From: Joshua, oc, california. 8/09
String type and tension: Luxilon mains and Wilson gut crosses

Comments: Great racquet made by Babolat! I prefer this racquet over the GT - nice ground strokes, and it lives up to it's reputation as a power racquet. It delivers great spin, and I don't seem to have any wrist/elbow issues.. yet. Lol
From: Q. Cong Le-Huynh 08/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 56 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet. I have more stable and powerful hits with this racquet. I am able to deliver a very fast serve and powerful groundstrokes. My game with this racquet was nearly perfect. However, I didn't have much control that backed up the amazing power I got from the Babolat Standard Cortex. The control didn't allow me to hit down the line or corner shots very often because they would always seem to not go to the area I had planned it too. Overall, I love this racquet and it improved my game by a lot!!!
From: Jonathan, California, USA. 7/09
String type and tension: string tension: 58

Comments: This racquet is great, groundstrokes and serves are awesome. The only downside is the grip gets dirty quickly but that is an easy fix. Definitely worth a demo.
From: Mike, Grand Rapids, MI, USA. 07/09
String type and tension: Prince syn gut 60-ish pounds

Comments: I recently tried the Babolat gt version and absolutely hated it. Some one recommended I try this older version. Soooo much better. Less vibration, longer string to ball contact time, more stability, and overall softer fell. A great racquet.
From: Alex, MN, USA, 07/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane tour
Headsize: 100 sq/in
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: I love this racquet as it fits my heavy serve perfectly. I was considering the AeroPro but went with this. I would recommend adding a bit of lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock to add a bit of stability and get a bit more plow through the ball. By far my favourite racquet from Babolat. I also love the fact that almost anyone can use this racquet.
From: James, New Zealand. 7/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 56lbs

Comments: The Pure Drive Standard Cortex was the first ''more advanced game'' racquet I bought and it fulfilled all my needs. I have tried several models from Wilson and Head before the Pure Drive, so I immediately realized the difference. It gives me the power I want,it is as heavy as I want and has improved a lot my topspin potential. Next racquet I get, is, of course, the Pure Drive GT.
From: Vag, Thessaloniki,Greece
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17, 60lbs
Headsize:100 sq.inch
NTRP Rating: 2.5-3

Comments: So I tried this racquet out today because my friend let me borrow it and I have to say I'm really impressed by it. The open string pattern was very helpful for me cause my shoulder is damaged and it made it easier to create topspin. My back hand was hard to hit, but it was on target most of the time. I could actually hit a flat serve for the first time in 3 months so that's definitely a plus. Volleys were very nice and crisp and it never got pushed back. I usually hit with my K6.1 Team but I'm really considering going with this racquet.
From: Adam Perkins, Kansas, United States. 06/09

Comments: I demo'd several rackets (Prince O3 Red/White/Blue/Royal, Head Extreme/Radical, Yonex RDS) before choosing this racket. Overall, it provides best all-around play of any racket I tried... powerful groundstrokes with spin, touch, and control. Serves are easy to spin and control as well. I had a bad tennis elbow before using this racket; the Cortex system really dampens vibration and solved the elbow problem. The racket feels very solid with a soft, almost muted feeling when hit. I highly recommend this racket to anyone looking for a great all-court player's racket.
From: Terry, Tustin, CA, USA, 05/09
String type and tension: Babolat VS-Hurricane Tour Hybrid, 59 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in.

Comments: This racquet is the best weapon in my bag. Always played with Head racquets and have switched to Babolat. I will not play with another brand of racquet. I have two Babolat racquets and recommend anyone to try Babolat for themselves.
From: AznAce, Charleston, SC, USA. 05/09
String type and tension: 60 lbs
Headsize: Standard 100 sq inch

Comments: I just received this racquet after a long awaited two days. My previous two racquets include a Head LM4 and a Prince Ozone Seven. This Babolat stick puts those to shame. I can't believe how great this racquet is. Excellent build quality. Very forgiving stringbed. It's like there is one perfect spot where it should be hit but the rest of the face still feels great. Feels softer than a 70 and swing feels lighter than 11.2oz(strung). Probably could have gotten the heavier(Roddick) version and been fine. White Syntec grip feels good, but looks very dirty after 1st set. Buy the black Syntec grip when you buy racquet. If you peel off the sticker on the throat you will see "Warranty void if removed" so now you know and you won't be tempted to peel it off. My bad. Fantastic racquet so I don't foresee a warranty claim anyway.
From: Chris, Jax, FL. 4/09
String type and tension: Babolat XCEL Premium 60lbs.
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: An excellent racquet for any player, and it comes built in with some power, but you still have to have good technique to get the best results. Torsional stability was a bit of an issue, even with 3.5 inch strips of lead tape on the head I still felt the racquet bending a bit on harder shots. Not an issue for low level players, but it bothered me. I also tried the heavier Roddick model, which I liked much more because of the great stability and I prefer a heavier frame. The standard model is good and appeals to a broader spectrum of players, but if you're considering the standard model, at least give the Roddick version a try.
From: Lucas, London, England 4/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger Rough @ 60 lbs

Comments: At first when I started using this racquet, I wasn't comfortable using it(really hurt my elbow) but somehow I hurt no more and... well, it's a perfect racquet for me now. My groundstrokes, volley, serve and stuff gets better. Also, I generated more topspin on my shot now using it with Pro Hurricane string. I like this racquet very much!!! It's definitely one of the world's best racquet!!! (a lot better than Wilson's racquet I tried)
From: Boss. 4/09
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane

Comments: After using the demo 4-5 times, I found extra power over my Babolat Pure Storm (no longer made). Good pop on groundstrokes. I am very control oriented, so after several hits, I started zoning in very well, with the added power. Liked the 70 stiffness and open pattern (16/19) for topspin. Volleys are crisp. Serve has added spin, again because of the string pattern. Very close to accepting this as my new racquet. Age 52, age based tournament player, traditional strokes.
From: JC, Goldsboro, NC, USA. 3/09
String type and tension: Gama Revelation 17/53lbs

Comments: Amazing racquet! Everything is great. Better than almost anything I've hit with. It is completely intense and totally nasty. It is solid on many levels and owns on all the levels that there are in the tennis universe. Welcome to the bro club if you swing this stick.
From: Simon, Cape Cod, MA. 3/09
String type and tension:Prince Recoil 16 at 60lbs

Comments: This is a very nice racket, but I can't play with it. Destroys my elbow and shoulder worse than any racket I have ever used. This even with soft NXT, string dampener and the version with Cortex. Love the power on serves which is where this racket shines in my opinion. Volleys are very crisp, the racket has great balance. Groundstrokes are the same for me as in other high quality rackets. Would be using it if not for the elbow problems.
From: Eduardod, Parkland, FL. 3/09
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16, 60lbs.

Comments: This is a good stick for baseline players. You can get a lot of power from it, especially on the serve. However, if you like to play the net a lot, this racquet is probably not for you because it is very stiff.
From: Ry, Minneapolis, MN. 3/09
String type and tension: Pro Supex Blue Gear, 60

Comments: All the talk of this racquet not having control is not true. Control comes most of the time from topspin, and this racquet has plenty of it. I have three of these and my own stringer.
From: Sergiu, Romania. 2/09
String type and tension:Poly at about 24-26 kilos

Comments: I was very disappointed with this racket. I had played with the Babolat Pure Drive Team for years and I thought switching to the newer version of it would be a good choice. Nope. I found this racket to be quite unstable and very disappointing.
From: Anonymous, USA. 2/09

Comments: I really didn't want to like this racquet due to its cost. Unfortunately I play very well with it. I had elbow surgery a couple of years ago so I use natural gut in the mains, and it works brilliantly for me in all frames but particularly in this one. The closest thing to a weakness I can discern is maybe a lack of touch on drop shots. Spin is amazing, comfort is better than the ntour I was using before. Even after 3 sets of singles, my arm is tired but not sore. I'm dismayed to hear that Babolat is moving to a new version. I can only hope that they don't screw it up or start changing models every 6 months as it seems other companies do.
From: Lou, Missouri, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Mains=Babolat Tonic 15 @ 62 lbs; Crosses=Sheep Micro @ 60 lbs

Comments: You have to have your own control. This is not a control oriented racquet.
From: jon, indiana. 2/09

Comments: This is an excellent racquet. It's great from the baseline and awesome on serves. Nice power and control plus the feel is amazing. I strung as a hybrid using Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 on the mains at 54 lbs and Babolat XCel Premium 16 on the crosses at 58 lbs. This combination and tension is nearly perfect for this stick. I tried stringing both at 58 lbs but it felt too stiff. Next time I might try the 17-gauge on the mains. This racquet is simply the best!
From: Adrian, San Antonio, TX, USA, 02/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16: 54(mains), Babolat XCel 16: 58(crosses)
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: Pure Drive is one of a kind. I can generate spin better than my Wilson six-one tour. More power and balance control and then I'm not so exhausted while using this racquet for two sets!
From: Teddy, Blitar, East Java, Indonesia, 02/09
String type and tension: Toalson Ultimate Spin 18 57 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inch

Comments: I ordered the Babolat AeroPro Drive, but 1 week later this racket came. When I tried it I decided to use this racket. It had good serve and returns. I really liked the backhand I just hit it, and it goes in with great power.
From: Jacob, New York, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: 55 lbs

Comments: This is an excellent racquet if you're looking for power and precision. This racquet works great for me because it has a great feeling of balance on groundstrokes and serves. You get a great amount of power in the serve and if you generate your own power, it works to your advantage if you lessen the string tension. A promising racquet for intermediate power players.
From: Joshua, South San Francisco, CA, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Medium Synthetic, 62lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet; perhaps the best one I've ever used. Lots of kick and power; it's great for my back hands. I'm able to get just enough spin to get my back hands over the net and just drop dead on my opponent's court. It is a bit expensive, but it's really worth it. So if you want a powerful racquet which you will love as soon as you play with it, the Pure Drive is for you.
From: Grant, Anchorage, AK, USA. 2/09
String type and tension: Prince Problend 55

Comments: Love this racquet. I think it's also much better than the Roddick version. I am, however, a powerful player. Not usually good for me to have a power racquet so I paired my first one up with Babolat Xcel Premium 16 at 58 lb. I'll put Babolat Pro Hurricane tour 16 on my next one because the Xcel seems really really soft and want see if I like the hurricane better.
From: Anon., IL, USA. 2/09

Comments: This is a great racket. I am switching from a Wilson npro open to this. The two rackets are similar, but the one big thing I noticed was how much the Babolat Pure Drive helped my serve. I have always had a good serve, but now I am easily getting an extra 10-15 m.p.h. with this racket. Groundstrokes are great as well. I find the racket to be powerful, but still just the right amount of power. I recommend this racket for players who like to take a big cut and the ball and who like to hit with a lot of topspin.
From: Evan, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 2/09

Comments: Demoed this racquet with the AeroPro Drive and immediately liked it. It aesthetically pleasing, and for me, has a good swing weight. Although it does feel heavier and a lot stiffer than the AeroPro, it is a great racquet for anyone with a good arm. The only big negative to me was the the grip, it wasn't very comfortable because it was really stiff, I'd add an overgrip or something. Also, KILLER serves on this racquet. It can be a weapon if you use it right. I'd recommend this to anyone with a decent arm and doesn't mine the stiffness who's looking to step up their game with a heftier stick.
From: Trey, Keystone Heights, FL. USA. 1/09
Headsize: 100 sq. inches

Comments: This racket is amazing it has loads of power. Lacks control but does have a little. All the bad reviews are just from people that obviously don't know how to use this stick or else they would be able to hit with this racket. Best racket for game improvement. Strong aggressive forehands and amazing serves. Volleys and overheads are good as well.
From: michael, Athens, TX, USA. 1/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 17
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: Amazing control from baseline with the pure drive. Just make sure you keep the tension up and it is perfect.
From: Michael, Grand Rapids, MI, USA, 01/09
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 16
NTRP Rating: 3-3.5

Comments:I switched to this racquet from the AeroDrive Cortex or as others know it "The Nadal Racquet" I sort of switched racquets just because it looks really cool, but then realized that this stick has a lot more pop and I tend to find my net volleys a lot more controlled and powerful. I also found out that this racquet has more power than the AeroDrive. There is one downside with this racquet I have found it a bit harder to pick up low balls and place them in the court. Me and my doubles partner both switched and found that overall this is a much better stick.
From: Cory, Woodville, TX, USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 at 58
Headsize: 100 sq. inch

Comments:I have to agree with previous comments. No control at all and no torsional stability. Honestly one of the worst rackets I have ever played with.
From: Martin, WA. USA. 12/08
String type and tension: Demo

Comments: This racquet has no control whatsoever. I play with a moderate-spin all court game. It really frustrated me to play with this racquet, partly because there is very little torsional stability. Customization might take away some of that problem, but why bother when there are more stable, controlled racquets out there? All in all, I recommend it only for heavy topspin 3.5-4.5 players, beyond that, beware.
From: Long, Williamsburg, VA, USA, 12/08
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase

Comments: I demoed this stick from TW, expecting the positive feedback to equal up to how it plays. Boy was I wrong. This thing is absolutely horrible, no control whatsoever and the ball floats 10 feet out. When you swing it it feels like a boulder, then once your arm is in such terrible pain you have to see it float long. It's so powerful and bad, every time I hit a ball with it I think I must cry.
From: Daniel, East Meadow, NY, US. 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat Attraction

Comments: Purchased this racket after feeling the aeropro drive cortex just didn't have enough oomph for me. I could hit out with apd cortex, but felt like I just couldn't really drive the ball when I really wanted to go for a winner. I found the power I craved with the pure drive cortex, but after a couple months with the racket feel it's just too powerful. I'm finding I'm having to use a great deal more top spin and I'm not able to flatten my stroke and hit-out without going long. I'm starting to crave more control vs raw power, which is a result of me finding my form of 10 year ago. I have to admit this stick was never the right one for me, but being away from the game for a while I initially fell in love with the power it generated. Moved on to the head mg radical mid+.
From: Nelson, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 11/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour @ 60

Comments: Great racket for anyone, especially if you have a kick serve. Easy to hit topspin. You can hit power from anywhere on the court, an all around good racket, especially on serves. If your game is largely based around your first serve I suggest you give this or the Roddick version a try.
From: Kyle, Olney, IL, USA, 10/08

Comments: Great racquet! Gives plenty of topspin and power yet keeps good control. Serves are powerful and consistent and the kicker jumps like crazy. I would recommend this racquet to all intermediate to advanced players.
From: Sean, Roswell, Georgia, USA. 10/08
String type and tension:Babolat Pro Hurricane/ 60lbs
Headsize:98 sq. inches
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: It's a great serving racquet. Great spin and power. Placement is a problem on all shots. I use a full poly stringbed (to tame the ridiculous power) and I still have to shorten my swing, otherwise the ball goes extremely long. Truthfully, I recommend this stick to people 5 ft 10 or shorter who need a lot of power and use a lot of spin. I'm 6ft 3in and I still can't tame it.

Comments: Great racquet. It's indeed powerful. Truly a force to be reckoned with. I feel sorry for the guy on the other side of the net! The sweet spot is very generous. This my lightning rod.
From: Jason, Virginia Beach, VA, USA. 9/08
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger ALU Original @ 60lbs

Comments: This is a truly amazing racquet!! It generate a lot of spin and seems to have endless power!!!! It's a dream to serve with and gives you loads of confidence at the net. I have recommended it to many of my friends and they think the same. A masterpiece!!!
From: Conor, Ireland. 9/08

Comments: I like this racquet, this racquet provided me more power and control and more spin thank you Babolat great racquet.
From: Chepoy, Mamburao occ.mindoro, Philippines, 09/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour, 57lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: This isn't a control oriented stick. It's loaded with power. I used some Luxilon the first time I strung it, but it lost tension quickly. With the Luxilon ALU control hybrid, strung at 63 mains and 60 crosses, it feels amazing. I can feel the ball wherever it is on the stringbed and produce some great shots. It's light so racquet head speed isn't hard to come by. I've never found a racquet that serves so well. Flat, kick, it can do it all. Volleys could be a bit better, but I'm a great volleyer on my own so I can get by. I recommend this stick to anyone.

Comments: Great racket. Excellent touch and feel at net. I can put the ball almost anywhere I want it. This racket is great from the baseline as well. It is very forgiving and generates lots of spin. It's easy to see why lots of pros use Babolat.
From: A., San Jose, CA, USA. 8/08
String type and tension: Gamma Zo Tour 17, 52 lbs

Comments: This racquet is great. I just got it and the power/control is just simply AMAZING.
From: Jake, Warren, MI, USA. 08/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 58 lbs

Comments: This racket is the best racket in the world ever! I used it and won 4 tournaments with it. It's the best combination of power and control. I recommend you this racket it's the best of the world!
From: Francisco, Ecuador, Quito, Pichincha. 8/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, international

Comments: At first I thought this wasn't my type of racquet but once I got used to it, oh I loved it. I like the power and spin it produces. It has a lot of power to push your opponents back behind the baseline but produces good spin to keep it in play. Definitely a must get racquet.
From: Neil, Bellflower, CA. USA. 8/08

Comments: Excellent on returns, groundies, and I've never found a better racquet for serving. This thing helps me hit bombs all day long, flat and kickers. It really helps me when I don't have the energy to hit all out for 2-3 hours in a match. I strung with Luxilon but it lost tension quickly. I'm going to try using a more control-oriented string like Luxilon ALU Touch Hybrid and post again. Don't get me wrong, with a tight polyester, it's a great racquet with awesome power.

Comments: Gotta love this frame! Powerful, but not without control. The perfect frame! BUY IT!

Comments: Very nice frame. Powerful, but not without control. Great for hard-hitting baseline players.

Comments: I love this racquet. I have never felt so much control. The topspin I can hit is amazing. I started with a junior Babolat but it was too small. So my pro ordered me the Pure Drive. So until I got it I used the Aero Pro. I would never use another racquet.
From: Jack, Boone, NC, USA, 07/08
String type and tension: Prince 60 lbs.

Comments: This is a great racquet. It is good at the net and the baseline. I would like a little bit more control serving. I started out with the Roddick junior 145 three years ago but the grip was to small even then so my pro ordered me the Pure Drive.
From: Jack, Boone, NC, USA. 7/08
String type and tension: Prince 65 lbs.

Comments: I have been playing with Pure Drive for 4 months. The racquet feels powerful, maintaining high level of control. My forehand was controlled and powerful with this racquet, but my backhand, because it is two-handed, was very inconsistent. Small sweetspot of this racquet may cause a lot of problems with consistency when hitting two-handed shots. The best of Pure Drive was definitely serving. After Pure Drive I switched to Prince O3 White and O3 White is very forgiving from the ground and cause therefore my backhand started to be as aggressive and even more consistent than my forehand witch feels a little too punchy with this stick. All in all Pure Drive is the best choice for advanced players with aggressive baseline play and big serve.
From: Lucas, Katowice, Silesia, Poland. 7/08
String type and tension: 60lbs, Kirschbaum Basic 1.2
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5

Comments: This racquet was the first "real" racquet I've owned, but I still love it more than any other racquet I've tried. The Pure Drive is easily maneuverable and can hit very tough shots without slipping or twisting. It also can use its maneuverability to hit excellent spin shots. A great racquet for anybody from 3.0+.
From: Daniel, Wayne, PA, USA. 6/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 16 Gauge, @ 58 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq. in.

Comments: Never mind the low-medium power rating, this racquet is powerful. It's a great racquet, but it took me 6 or 7 hours to get used to the power. Awesome racquet.
From: Mike, Grand Rapids, MI. 6/08
String type and tension: Prince synthetic gut 16

Comments: This racket is a very good racquet. I like how you can play at any level with this racquet. I would definitely suggest that you demo this racquet before buying. It is great at the baseline, but volleying not so well. I loved this racquet. I suggest this racquet to anyone looking to improve their game and improve their serve too.
From: Troy, USA. 5/08
String type and tension: Wilson Gut 60
Headsize: 100in

Comments: I like the racquet, but I'm disappointed because the racquet feels very stiff on forehand groundstrokes. Still, the volleys are satisfactory and overheads are good. This type of racquet is good for people who like to add topspin, not for hard hitters.
From: Varun, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. 5/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 62 lbs

Comments: Pure Drive Cortex is a very good and smooth racket for someone who needs power and doesn't care much for control. Players who have NTRP rating of 4.0 or below should try this racket - it's the best for game improvement. However, after that try for a more control oriented racket because this one lacks control.
From: Katherine, Monterey Park, CA, USA. 4/08
String type and tension: Natural Gut x Luxilon Big Banger Alu Rough strung at 60 gut and 55 Luxilon

Comments: I was not impressed. I found it too stiff for groundshots, and most of my forehands were really weak. I also found not that much control. I was playing with terrible strings, however, so maybe I was unlucky.
From: Andrew, Australia. 3/08
TRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: This is a great racquet, but I still think that the Pure Drive Team standard without cortex is better so I'm going to stick with that. It does feel incredibly comfortable, but I like the non-dampened feel of the old version because I think it gives greater touch. But if power and comfort is what you're all about, you'll struggle to find a stick better than this one.
From: Anil, Houston, Texas. 2/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17g, 60lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: I love this racquet, I use to have a Babolat Aero Blast and switching to this racquet made all the difference, I feel like I can place the ball exactly where I want to now, I highly recommend this racquet!
From: Austin, MI, USA, 02/08
String type and tension: Prince Polyblend 58lbs

Comments: AMAZING! Loved this racquet since I demoed it the first time. I tried it out and bought after hitting with it for only an hour. It is a great racquet for anyone who likes to hit the ball really hard and with a lot of top spin. I would not recommend it to people whose game is all about placement. Although the accuracy is ok. I find it to have the perfect mix of power and control maybe a little more power the PERFECT RACQUET I give it an A++++.
From: Gary, St.John, IN, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: Only one word: amazing. It's so light, and it's just perfect. My forehand has so much more control and it feels great! I recommend Babolat Pro Hurricane strings at 59-60ish But just overall an amazing racquet-completely worth the money
From: Ed. 1/08

Comments: I switched from the flexpoint prestige midplus to the PD w/cortex and was immediately rewarded. I had trouble generating power with the 12 oz prestige. The Babolat PD was lighter, allowing me to generate more racquet head speed. Also, the ball came off the strings with tons more pop than the prestige. Spin is effortlessly generated and my topspin with the Babolat was landing regularly close to the baseline. Serves are huge and volleys are extremely crisp and easy to maneuver to. I began to hit winners much more frequently off both wings. Overall, this racquet is amazing for the player looking for a racquet that is not completely a "player's" racquet, but is able to generate some more power and tons of spin. Highly recommended!
From: Wei, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: Babolat Attraction @ 62 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in
NTRP Rating: 3.5- 4.0

Comments: I demoed this stick along with the Head Microgel. When I checked out both sticks, the Head was the one I wanted to like and enjoy having never played with Babolat. I was amazed how easy it was for me to change my mind. I had a tough time adjusting to my serves but the groundstrokes were impeccable. The depth and power I am achieving with my backhand slice is definitely going to take my game to another level.
From: Jeff, Powder Springs, GA, USA, 01/08
String type and tension: 62 lbs

Comments: Very nice racquet, and I love the feel. Overall it was an awsome purchase for me, and I have no regrets!
From: Mark, TX, USA. 12/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour

Comments: Frankly speaking, I feel a little disappointed with this racquet. I can agree to the facts, control and ball-spin for groundstroke and serve are more than average, but I am not sure that PD w/cortex provides powerful killer-shots and heavy volley, which is very significant for a match.
From: Chong-Chin, Seoul, Korea. 12/07
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 17, 58lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: A racket choice is a very subjective matter. So, go and check on your own, but first define to yourself what you're looking for and what your game is all about. What do you do well and what you need to improve on. Any stick from any brand is good if it makes you a better player. For me this PD Cortex Std racket is not really a racket - it's a weapon of mass destruction - meaning a massive destruction of the opponents. For 15 years I've been a Volk V1 (Classic) loyalist. Recently, I realized that to move my game to the next level I need a different racket since the sweet V1 could take me only so far. I have done an extensive evaluation of my game, what I'm looking for in a racket and then months and months of demoing of many rackets while keeping an extensive log for each racket I tried. My local tennis shop was running out of space to mark down all the rackets I tried. At the end, this Babolat PD w/ Cortex (NOT PD Rodick!) was the winner. It improved my game, but especially my one handed backhand and the backhand slice. It added pace and accuracy to both. I also had great time serving with this stick and playing the volleys. To my total surprise, my secret weapon, which had generated the most winners for me before - the forehand, actually degraded initially with this racket. But then little by little it got better. So, my search is over. My WMD is Babolat PD Cortex (BTW, PD 107 didn't work for me as I generally don't like oversized rackets). If you've got the game and are looking for a stiffer (more power) racket, which is not heavy but has a reasonable swing weight and still has tons of control - give this one a try. Who knows, you may find your WMD in this one.
From: Greg, Saratoga, CA, USA, 11/07
String type and tension: Gama Live Wire XP, 17

Comments: Yeah, congratulations, Babolat, on another wonderful racquet. I previously had the original Pure Drive and I had high expectations for this racquet. And it did not disappoint. It had a forgiving sweetspot and gave the same amount of pop from the baseline like the previous version. It felt lighter on serve, and even though it lacked the pace and pop on the first, it gave more spin and consistency on the second, which made up for it. Volleys were crisp, and the racquet was very quick around the net, which I liked. Kudos to Babolat.
From: John, Australia. 11/07
String type and tension: KLIP poly mains, KLIP syn gut crosses 59 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I got this racquet in for a demo, and I fell in love. I was demoing it alongside the Yonex RDS 002, and this one was by far the better stick. I usually serve around 100-105 and now my serve is kicking it into high gear around 110-115. It is incredible. The groundstrokes are amazing, great topspin and slice. The only thing that could do with a little work is volleys. But compared to my last stick, the Wislon Ncode Six-One Tour, this is a big improvement.
From: Naveed, Monument, CO, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane 18g @ 60 lbs.

Comments: This is a great racquet. My serve got so much better upon buying this racquet. Compared to before, it's actually kind of ridiculous how hard I can hit it now. It's a very solid racquet. My only problem is that it's too light, but lead tape solves that problem. Awesome racquet.
From: Jon, Long Beach, CA, USA. 10/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 60 lbs

Comments: What can I say? I love this racquet. I demoed it for a half hour and bought two. I'll get a third later. The groundstrokes are solid and comfortable, the volleys are crisp, serves are penetrating, everything's great. A true players level, probably 4.0+ I definitely recommend this racquet to any serious tennis player. BUT in light of the high stiffness, I don't recommend it to the elders, or people prone to tennis elbow.
From: Jesse, E. Wenatchee, WA, USA, 10/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 60 lbs

Comments: The racquet was amazing at the baseline. It gave a clean response. The racquet wasn't too heavy or too light so that you would be pushed back by heavy balls. Volleys were sharp. My first serve lacked the pace it once had with the old Pure Drive, but the second serve had more kick on it. Just need to get used to the serve, and I'll be right
From: John, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia. 10/07
String type and tension: Poly mains, synthetic gut cross, 58
Headsize: 100 sq. inch
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: It's a very good racquet, my drive is so much better now, serve have a lot spin. Sorry for my English but I from Chile, the only thing that you need to know is "Babolat pure drive standard cortex is a very good racquet"... before I played with an n tour.
From: Leighton, Valparaiso, Chile, 09/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough, 57 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq.in.

Comments: All I can say to add to the vast majority of positive reviews of this racquet is they are right; this is a great racquet for anyone. I have been playing with it for about six months and in that time every aspect of my game has improved. People ask me what I have done with my serve, how have I increased speed and accuracy of my groundstrokes and my return game. It has gradually erased a severe tennis elbow problem and survived some pretty heavy use; I play every day and coach high school 'newbies'. It seems to me this is a racquet even beginners could use and definitely grow into. I let my brother, a 3.5 who never listens to anything I have to say, hit with it once and he went out and bought one. I just ordered another one.
From: David, Saint Paul, MN, USA, 09/07
String type and tension: 58lbs

Comments: I bought this racquet mostly because it was cheap ($60 Aussie dollars) but I am definitely glad I made the purchase. Initially, I found the power of the racquet to be a little hard to control. This can probably be attributed to the fact that my previous racquet was a Wilson Prostaff 5.0. Probably the biggest improvement the racquet has made is on my backhand side, where I sometimes struggled to make enough power for those sweet down the line shots. Now I can just look at the spot I want to hit, step into the ball and if you hit it anywhere near the middle, the puredrive will do the rest. All in all, very happy I made the switch to Babolat.
From: Iain, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. 8/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 59 lbs
Headsize: 100 sq inches

Comments: Switched from the Wilson 6.1 hammer to the new Babolat Pure Drive, I love this racket but have broken 3 frames in the last six months. My pro shop says they return quite a few rackets to Babolat. Babolat is terrible about replacing rackets. Because of this I have been demoing new rackets such as the new Prince Speedport Black and the new Wilson k six one 95. I think I will end up with the Wilson but have to say I did really like the new Pure Drive cortex, too bad the frames break this easy.
From: Tony, Plano, TX, USA, 08/07