Babolat SFX Red Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: Great shoe for a wider foot. I broke my big toe playing football and had a hard time finding a comfortable shoe. Had these for 4 weeks now and play for 2 hours 3 times a week. Great comfort and stability, the first time I had no pain even after several games.

Comments: Amazingly comfortable with no break-in needed. I'll be buying another pair for when these eventually wear out.
From: Andy, 9/14

Comments: Ordered these and a pair of Babolat SFX (Blue), last Thursday and received them today, 8/12/14. I have wide feet, bunions, and a high instep. I live in North Florida and play 2-3 times a week on a hard court. While the New Balances and the Babolats are both good looking shoes, the Babolat SFX won out over the NBs for me. The arch support and the overall cushioning in the Babolat's were better than the NBs. Also, the toe box was wider in the SFX. Overall, the SFX is a better fit for me even though the NBs are a 2E. I could not feel the weight difference as the NBs are a tad lighter. I'm keeping the SFX shoes and returning the NBs.
From: Tony, 8/14

Comments: I never got to play in these, but just tried them on. They're comfortable right out of the box like other Babolat shoes I've worn. The toe box was huge on me and I have medium width feet. I also couldn't deal with the EVA type plastic cage up front. Bring back leather shoes!
From: Don, 7/14

Comments: Better than average toe durability. Nice, wide toebox. Extremely comfort-oriented, but still adequately supportive. I use a custom insole for added arch support. The downside is poor ventilation. The TW testers aren't playing in deep south heat and humidity. I am in SC and I'm here to tell you that this shoe not only doesn't ventilate air properly, it will also hold on to sweat until it starts coming out of the top of the shoe. This shoe also rides pretty high, which some people won't like, but that's because of all the extra cushioning. Good shoe.

Comments: Good arch support. Nice width if you don't like a narrow fit. The tongue stays in place. All-around excellent performer.

Comments: I have wide feet, and these shoes fit them like gloves. I played with them for about 3 hours so far. Very stable with great traction. Changing direction is noticeably easier compared to my previous shoes. No wear and tear yet. A+ so far.

Comments: Great shoes, I already bought 5 pairs. Seems they are making this kind any longer. I play tennis 7 days a week, and they last me about 3 to 4 months, but I do play up to 4 hours sometimes a day. Love them.
From: Carlos, 7/14

Comments: I just received these shoes and instantly feel the comfort as soon as I put them on. A half size smaller is the perfect fit -- fits like a glove with a little room. Now I need to see how the durability is on the soles.
From: Don, /14

Comments: I had been wearing NB shoes that have been discontinued and tried wide Nikes, including custom ones to accommodate my very wide feet. Finally I tried the SFX and played two hours today in new pair. The shoes started out OK and got more comfortable as match progressed. The best shoe ever. Just ordered two more pairs for my summer rotation. Thank you.
From: Zev, 5/14

Comments: Fantastic fit, right out of the box! Got a half size smaller as recommended. They fit perfectly.
From: Bruce, 5/14

Comments: Very wide shoe. I have a medium width foot and bought this wide shoe to accommodate two insoles, which it does well. (Factory insole on top of Sorbothane Classic Gel insole for superior impact absorption.) I have to tie the toebox laces very tight to prevent swimming, but it works better than most for two insoles. The factory insole is literally the most cushioned factory insole I have ever seen, comparable to a $15 after-market insole. That's why I kept it. The laces are difficult to get tight enough but not over-tight, but once I find the right level, the shoes are excellent. The plush feel of this shoe protects my feet and body.

Comments: Best shoes I've had so far. Great stability; the tongue stays locked in place, and my feet dont feel cramped. All around good for tennis!

Comments: Roomy, comfortable and excellent durability. I have a 2E wide foot and had been wearing New Balance shoes exclusively. New Balance makes a good shoe but the durability is not adequate for hard court play. It is nice to have an alternative shoe. Hope Babolat does not change the design.
From: Robert, 4/14

Comments: Great shoe! I moved from New Balance due to a wide foot and these fit great!
From: Dale, 4/14

Comments: Extremely comfortable shoes. I wore the Asics Resolutions for years, a great performance shoe, but I starting experiencing minor knee pain from playing on hard courts 8 to 10 hours per week. Switched to the Babolat SFX, ordered a half size larger to accommodate thicker Thoro tennis socks and haven't had knee pain since.
From: Russ, 3/14

Comments: I wore New Balance (10 EE) tennis shoes prior to trying the SFX. I initially ordered a 9 1/2 SFX since I read they fit 1/2 size larger. Got them from TW. Too small. Returned for size 10 which fits great. These shoes are very comfortable, durable and stylish. These are a great performance shoe. I just ordered my second pair to rotate with during the summer. Highly recommended!

Comments: After using these shoes for a few tennis sessions, I realized that my knee problems were almost gone thanks to the great insole and shock damper in the heel.
From: Torb, 2/14

Comments: Great shoes, very comfortable with my wide feet. I had them for almost a year and they are stlll good. Not so crazy about the color though.
From: Tarek, 1/14

Comments: I'm a 4.0 and weigh 190 pounds and these shoes are terrific. I bought them after reading about them on this site. I always wore New Balance for my wide feet but found them to be pretty ordinary. Then I bought other brands to wear with thin socks but they were never as comfortable. These ones are perfect even though I'm a little uncomfortable with the color! They play well on all surfaces.

Comments: Love these shoes. Wore them for 8 months. They are now getting thin in the front sole from a lot of play, but the tops still look new. What I like the most is that when you tie these, they stay tight. I thought at first that they looked plasticky and too blue, but I have got more positive comments on these shoes than any others I have ever worn. I was wearing New Balance before for their wide shoes. These, although not labeled for wide, are a perfect fit and are better than New Balance for comfort and fit.
From: Ross, 11/13

Comments: I really enjoyed this shoe very much and provided a lot of comfort and maneuverability. Don't forget to get half a size smaller. Really liked these but kinda want to see how the Nike Vapor 9 Tours are and see where it takes me.
From: Justice, 7/13

Comments: A very comfortable shoe! They do run "roomy" so you might even try a half size under your normal size. I wear custom orthotics and found it best to place them on top of the shoe insert that is supplied.
From: Bob, 6/13

Comments: So far so good. I've been wearing K-Swiss and New Balance for a long time, but made the switch to the Babolat SFX shoes about two months ago on the recommendation of a friend. They fit my feet nice, not squished like a lot of European footwear. I found they run true to size or a little smaller than advertised. The big attention-getters are the 6 month guarantee, the ample support of the midsole, and the self-centering tongue -- .yes it actually stays on the bridge of my foot! Imagine that? There are flat elastic bands that run from the tongue down each side of the shoe and they work too! The shoe is a little pricy, but worth it to me. I'm 190 lbs and a good mover, these shoes are taking the punishment so far.
From: Anthony, 6/13

Comments: I love these shoes! I had been wearing Adidas shoes for the last 5 years, but these are so much more comfortable and the sole doesn't wear anywhere near as much. My only fault would be a small lack of grip when running along the baseline, but it is rare and won't affect you that much.
From: Andy, 6/13

Comments: This is a good shoe for people with wide feet and for anyone who burns through outsoles fast. I have tried Nike Courballistec 4.3 (way too narrow, but good durability), Asics Gel Resolution 4 (too narrow, but excellent stability), and the New Balance 996 (worst durability). This shoe is comfy, supportive and wide enough for my EE feet. Plus, it is holding up well under my 220lb weight. I bought 2 pairs!

Comments: I bought these shoes last season after a tennis magazine review. I'm a 9.5 EE supinator and have been using NB's because they carry EE, but I have not been satisfied with he durability. Despite everyone commenting that the SFX run big I had to move up to a size 10 to get they proper fit. When you 1st put them on they tend to feel tighter, but after 20 min of play so it seems that the material stretches some. The cushioning is great and the durability of the sole is much better than the NB's, yet the sole is still flexible enough. I only wish they were a touch lighter. I'd recommend them mostly because when I'm wearing them I don't think about my feet at all, I just think about my game. I also tried the Head Speed Pro shoe because they were rumored to run wide but also had to go up to size ten in them. They were not as good and were too stiff and maybe not enough arch support.

Comments: Love this shoe. FInally found a shoe that fits me well and feels great. Please do not change a thing on this shoe. Fits my wide feet extremely well. I'm ordering a backup pair.

Comments: I gravitate toward a wider fit shoe, so I bought this one based on the TW review. The width was correct as noted, but I didn't pay attention to the word "roomy" enough. "Roomy" was not wide enough for me. This shoe has a lot of room above the toe box. I did not like that at all. I am not sure if this was the reason I felt as though my heal was lower than the ball of my feet. I returned them only because of this reason.
From: Keith, 3/13

Comments: A great overall shoe and very comfortable. I am a junior player and they fit my game and have a great style. They are more durable that the Babolat Propulse 3s. Fantastic shoe!
From: Kacey, 2/13

Comments: I purchased these after reading the reviews and recommendations for wide-footers. I have flat feet and an ankle condition, so buying sneakers and shoes is always a challenge. I also have experienced problems with NB tennis shoes, particularly the 1005s, in that my left toes were getting bruised from the toe box after playing. So far I've had no such issues with these Babolats. They are extremely comfortable and roomy. The bottom sole has pretty hard rubber-like material, so I'm sure they are durable, and the cushy insole inside masks any harshness. If I had one criticism so far, it would be the mild ankle support. Otherwise, these are great shoes and I think I'll start using them as my main kicks.
From: A.Y., 12/12

Comments: After a bad experience with the Nike 2K11, which felt like rocks on the bottom of my feet, I was steered to this shoe by a friend. My summer season was saved! They are very comfortable out of the box, and a good fit for my wide feet (EE). Good performance shoe. I've had them since July and the 6 month durability might get tested if the weather in the Mid Atlantic is as warm as last year.
From: L.C., 10/12

Comments: I love this shoe! Get a half size smaller than the Propulse 3, and wear thick socks. These shoes have great comfort, cushioning, and stability.
From: Squirrel, 10/12

Comments: These things run huge in size! In the Propulse 3 I take an 11.5, in these I ordered an 11 and even with the thickest Thorlo's these SFX are too big!

Comments: Although these shoes look bizarre and I am not sure why Babolat thinks we want to look to like Frankenberry while we play tennis, they are comfortable and durable. They have a very beefed up insert with memory foam. They have really great lateral support. The toe box on these and the Propulse 3 seems baggy to me, but all in all if you don't mind looking like you are a giant tennis playing blueberry you will like these shoes.
From: Ted, 8/12

Comments: Great for wide feet (I am EE). Most Babolats I wear a size 11 or more. These are a true 10 1/2 wide. Super comfortable yet light, and decent longevity.

Comments: Very solid shoe doesn't flex like the Prince T22, I need a wide shoe and this is pretty wide. Feels a bit hard, but performance is awesome.
From: Jack, 6/12

Comments: These shoes look great and they are comfy. They feel more durable than the Babolat Propulse's, but as always Babolat has sizing issues. I bought these before the sizing recommendation was posted and had to gve them to my doubles partner.
From: JC, 6/12

Comments: Not good for orthotics because when I remove the insert, which is extra thick, my orthotics are thinner so ends up there is too much height in the toe box. Seems like a high quality shoe, so If you do not use orthotics then you should try this shoe.
From: Clay, 6/12

Comments: This shoe is a better more stable and durable shoe than the Propulse line, runs half size too big for me, color is even cooler than it looks in pictures. Sole seems more durable but not as durable as Prince, Asics or Barricades. Babolat always seems to wear faster than many I have tried. Still a very comfortable and fashionable shoe.
From: Jesus, 6/12

Comments: I have been a loyal Nike customer for many years when it comes to my tennis shoes, but I recently tried on and bought this Babolat shoe and was very impressed. The new Rafa shoe seemed tight and stiff where this Babolat shoe demonstrated great feel and comfort right out of the box. Most Babolat shoes in the past were also very ugly and this blue shoe is the first that looks cool as well as feeling great, and in contrast the new Nike shoes appear to have no clue what they are doing from a color and/or looks standpoint. My only concern is how these Babolat's will hold up over time, but for now I would encourage you to try on these shoes before buying the more high priced Nike's.
From: Jack, 6/12

Comments: TW Review! So awesome! The fit is perfect! So smooth when on the court! Not insanely durable but it has a 6-month guarantee! Let's go!!!

Comments: This is a great shoe! It is very comfortable and looks cool too.
From: Tyler, 6/12

Comments: Very comfy shoe, runs a half size too big. A little unstable in the ankle but otherwise very light shoes.
From: Javier, 4/12

Comments: Very comfortable. If you are between sizes go with the smaller size. Wide toe box, too wide for me, but may be just right for others.

Babolat SFX Red Men's Shoes - Where to go from here