Comments: A remarkably easy-to-play-with racquet for the 4+ player, with a wonderful blend of power and precision. Probably the racquet that best fits my preferred way of playing, which is mixing extreme topspin with flat strokes and aggressive slicing. This racquet can perform well in all this areas, and works well for serving too, especially flat serves. A must demo for anyone looking for a solid, all-round player's frame. I strung it with Babolat RPM Blast 16 at 58lbs, which proved to be just the right balance of power and control for me.
From: Martin, 8/13

Comments: I own the pink Blade which I picked up for a great price and read that it's the exact same racquet with a different paint job. This is a great racquet. It has what was missing to me in my Liquidmetal Radical MP. It's very solid, has good touch, stability, and thumps the serve. The Radical is a great racquet, but I always felt it was a bit underpowered and had a dead spot near the top of the sweetspot which made it less solid on serves and overheads when hit in that area. I noticed a jarring vibration down to the handle causing me elbow pain if hit high in the sweet spot and making me tentative to swing full out on overheads. The BLX has has good control, slightly less touch than the Radical, but gives a solid hit from the baseline and definitely more pop more on serves and overheads. It is a stiffer racquet than the Radical. It took me a few days to get used to the balance and to find my timing on my shots. I wish I had known of this racquet a long time ago. With these dense string patterns and poly, it's best to go low in tension for comfort and pop - you can still get good control on your shots.

Comments: You really need arm speed to move this one around. Play relaxed and it will reward you. Very demanding in terms of footwork, but once you combine smooth strokes with adequate footwork, it's magic. Power, control, spin, pinpoint accuracy -- everything is there. I stayed away from polys and high tensions and I do confirm my sensitive elbow don't suffer from this racquet. I struggled at first with serve as I was comning from a 12 ounce head light and open pattern racquet. Some adjustment was needed. Not an "obvious" racquet. You need to deserve your shot, but what a racquet.
From: Cedric, 7/13

Comments: Fantastic racquet for a control-oriented player. I previously used the KBlade 98 and felt that it was a little bit weak from the baseline, but this racquet improved on the power, spin, and feel. It is a little bit stiff for a lot of people, but since I am young, it doesn't bother me. Because of the closed string pattern, I would not advise getting a stiff 16 gauge poly because it can often feel very stiff without good ball pocketing.
From: Tanner, 7/13

Comments: As a prince guy for the past 25 years, it wasnt easy to convince me to try this racquet. I have demoed many others in the past -- Head, Babolat, etc. and never found anything better for my style than the Speedport Black. I even tried to switch to the EXO3 Black, but it didnt work out for me. At the advice of a few friends who use the BLX Blade 98, I gave it a try. Once I was able to get the right string tension and weighting (I added lead tape to the head) I really like this racquet and in fact, I bought 2. My friends say I play more consistently with this racquet, and I feel i can generate more pace on my serves, groundies and volleys. Goodbye Prince, hello Wilson!

Comments: One of my first real player racquets. I liked it because it was in the lower 11 oz. range but could hang with heavier hitters due to its higher swing weight. I've read where some players call it a stiff racquet. The Blade never gave me arm problems. In my opinion, the BLX Blade is not very flexible in the throat area of the racquet and I think that's where the problem lies for some players. My tastes in racquets have changed and the limited flex in the throat area no longer suited my style. Also, I now prefer sticks with a slightly low swing weight than the Blade. Another thing I noticed in this racquet for me is that it was sensitive to string types. I had a hard time finding something I could settle on. I do think the BLX Blade 98 definitely has some pros and if you're interested in a racquet in this spec range, I recommend giving it a demo.
From: Bruce, 6/13

Comments: I normally play with midsized racquets (K90, PB10 mid), but I decided to demo this for fun. I usually lead up all of my racquets, but I can easily play with this racquet stock. It's surprisingly stable stock and I had no issues with stability against heavy hitters. The string pattern feels pretty open for a 18x20 pattern and I can generate spin without any issues. I have a 1HBH and I depend on topspin to keep my topspin drives in. Usually this is an issue with 18x20 racquets, but my balls were landing in and deep. Shots coming off the sweet spot feel very plush and comfortable. Overall, I think I can easily switch to this racquet and I might consider it.

Comments: I have had this raquet for a year now and it plays too heavy. Although it's only 11.4 ounces it feels heavier and not easy to maneuver. I wish I had bought the light version or something else. The swingweight is 335 making it probably the heaviest in this department. I would recommend this only for more advanced or younger players that really swing fast and need more control. Not for intermediate players.
From: Mario, 10/12
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 55lbs

Comments: I was playing with a Babolat Pure Drive, with Luxilon Big Banger strings at 55lbs, but I wasn't happy beacause I started to loose precision and punch. It's been 4 months since I started playing with the Wilson Blade 98. The Wilson Blade 98 provides a lot of feel on the volleys, and precision and heaviness on groundstrokes and serves. If you like to dictate the points, be aggressive, this is the perfect racquet for you.
From: Juliano, 10/12
String type and tension: Pacific Polyforce @ 52lbs

Comments: This is a very impressive racquet. I've always liked the line. I demo'ed it several times and it's always been a "pick up and play" type of racquet. It has a very unique, crisp feel on everything, very precise, and that elusive, hard to find blend of plow through and control. I felt like it had good power, but even more control then most racquets in this spec range. The nice 18x20 string pattern allowed for a solid, consistent feel across the stringbed, deep sweetspot, and great access to spin. One more unique trait is the stability. For an 11.3 ounce weight, it's extremely stable and solid, just plows right though the ball, but has great maneuverability as well. I found it really fast to pull around, despite the mid swingweight. This is a huge update from the K Blade. I really enjoyed this racquet.
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU Power Rough mains / Solinco Vanquish 16g crosses @ 52lbs

Comments: I was using this racquet for almost a year. Although I was really satisfied with the control, blocking hard balls, direction, forgiveness and power, I had problems returning low balls and generating top spin. So, I changed to a BLX Pro Open Tour for 3 months. Recently, I decided to give another try to my "old" BLX Blade 98. Woooow! Now that I'm more used to generating top spin I really enjoyed this racquet. I can create nice angles, hit deep without losing control, and pick up low balls. It's power is really effective on clay (the surface I play most) and greenset.
From: Joan, 9/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Savage 1.27 @ 51lbs

Comments: Surprised by the amount of customer reviews on this one. Found this stick to be a great all-around tool, but a bit too stiff in instances where it should be more forgiving. Be careful if you have arm issues. I felt some pains in just a short 30 minute hitting session. Good for control and clean hitting, but not an easy to use stick. It swings quick and light, until the ball is struck and you are met with surprising resistance and great firmness. In one word, this racquet is CRISPY.

Comments: Great stick! I leaded up the handle a bit to make it a little more headlight and it was good to go! The control is great and the power is there on the serves and short balls. The racquet is a tad bit stiff but some X-One Bi-phase 17g took care of that! If you string this stick too tight it feels like a 2x4, but if you string it mid 40's then it performs like a dream. Overall it's awesome though!
From: Ben, 7/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g @ 46 lbs

Comments: This is my racquet of choice and one of the best I have ever played with. Amazing power coupled with great control. It will improve greatly your serve and forehand shots. Angled shots are also fantastic. Some reviewers pointed out arm soreness, but in my experience a multifilament suits this stick much better than a monofilament to the point that the latter can compromise some of the racquet's best features, and it will protect your arm. This BLX version is way better than the old KFactor one.
From: Carlos, 7/12

Comments: I've got to admit this is one of the best sticks I have used. Great control and stability. Power is decent and predictable. The only downside maybe is the maneuverability, but that is easily fixed with some silicone in the handle. Keep in mind, this is a demanding stick. As someone mentioned before, if you just rely on your arm you will get injured.
From: Kay, 7/12

Comments: Great racquet for extra pop off the forehand and serve. Great if your looking for a player's racquet with good control and a little extra power. One of the best feeling racquets I've played with. Found for the single handed backhand it is slightly too head heavy . Will try adding weight to the grip to lighten the head a little.
From: JD, 7/12
String tension: 56 lbs

Comments: I play on the high school team for my school and bought this racquet about a year ago. I was in love with it at first as it gave me a lot of power and had a huge sweetspot. However, this racquet is not arm friendly at all as my arm has been throbbing for a while. My arm problems might also be as a result of bad habits in my swing but a lot of the pain is due to the racket.
From: Peter, 7/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 56 lbs

Comments: I had been happily playing with the BLX 6.1 95 (16x18) and then by chance decided to give this frame a shot after reading the glowing reviews... Originally I had passed on this racquet because it was too light and was too head heavy. So after I purchased it, I didn't even bother to play with it in stock form, I immediately put approx 18g's of silicon into the handle and loaded it up with a low tension textured poly and WOW! This thing had just as much plow as my 6.1 95's, but was easier to swing with a bigger sweetspot. It was kind of similar to the Yonex vc95d but it had better feel and a more connected feel. Generally, It had perfect power, suprising spin (for a 18x20) and excellent control. IMO, properly tail-weighted, this frame is the "ultimate players racquet". My final specs were... 12.4 (351g) and 7pts hl (no need for lead on the hoop)... and I have never hit with a better all around racquet than this modified BLX 98 Blade.
From: JD, 6/12
String type and tension: Black Code @ 46 lbs

Comments: Excellent stability and plow-through; great control on volleys and one-handed backhand slices. This racquet helps correct my yips and smooths out my stroke beautifully. For a closed pattern the spin is superb (but keep your tension below 52, especially for poly). Note that it also feels head-heavy, and can strain the elbow if you depend too much in your hitting arm for all the movement. I had to start using my left hand to push the racquet into the backswing just to save my elbow -- which turned out to be a bonus because it forced me to turn my shoulders properly. Your mileage may vary. A better player might want more maneuverability, but for a mid-range player with a few lazy habits like me, this is a great great stick that encourages and rewards proper technique.
From: Wes, 5/12
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu Power, 50lbs

Comments: Solid racquet for the weight class. Sweet spot is small and hitting outside of it can be jarring. After using a 12 ounce racquet and switching to this, I am not disappointed in the least. The heavy swingweight allows you to blister the ball as needed and makes this stick stable. Well done on this one; my new racquet of choice.
From: Johnny, 4/12
String type and tension: Kirschbaum P2, 52lbs/Synthetic Gut, 56lbs

Comments: Bought one of these sticks a few weeks ago. Paintjob is quite nice in my opinion, and paint's durability is also fairly decent compared to some of the other Wilson racquets. Besides some quality control and paintjob (which wasn't that much of a trouble in this racquet), the racquet itself is literally amazing. I previously used an open patterned racquet, but I had absolutely no problem in adjusting to the denser pattern of this racquet. Spin production was still there, and some degree of extra pop that I get from open pattern, was solved by rather heavy head of this racquet. The denser pattern actually even complemented my game, because it solved that little bit of 'flying' slice backhands of mine. Feel is great, better than that of the KBlade 98 as BLX technology states. Overall for me, I would rate this stick 9.5/10.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 56/54 lbs

Comments: I'm a high school freshman and I loved serving with this racket. I felt like I could control the ball with precision and power! I struggled in the return of serve. I felt that the sweet spot was pretty small and I couldn't control it very well. (returning is not my strong point) The balance did not feel NEAR 6 points headlight as the racket suggests, it felt more of 1 or 2 HH. Power was pretty good overall. I could hit a really penetrating volley. Overall a pretty good racket but it's not for me. I'll probably be switching the Babolat Pure Storm GT.
From: Derek, 3/12

Comments: This play all around great but I found it lacking the in only department. As some of the early reviewers here noted that returning and blocking hard serves are challenging and it lacks weight in the handle. Any previous users of the K blade should really check this out. Most brands have some small upgrades in their line up but this one is a major improvement otherwise. It may be much better with silicone in the handle or a leather grip to also make more head light. Otherwise it is fantastic but not really for me. If it had a16x19 string pattern I feel it could also create some more net clearance as well.

Comments: Bought one of these sticks a few weeks ago. There definitely were some quality control issues, talking about the difference of the actual spec of the racquet and the specs indicated, but I think, fortunately, the one I picked wasn't that far off from the indicated spec. Paintjob is quite nice in my opinion, and paint's durability is also fairly decent compared to some of the other wilson rackets (especially kfactor ones - the paint durability on them are just horrendous). Besides some QC and paintjob (which wasn't that much of a trouble in this racquet), the racket itself is literally amazing. I previously used open patterned racquet, but I had absolutely no problem in adjusting to the denser pattern of this racquet. Spin production was still there, and some degree of extra pop that I get from open pattern, was solved by rather heavy head of this racquet. The denser pattern actually even complemented my game, because it solved that little bit of 'flying' slice backhands of mine. Feel is great, better than that of the kblade 98 as blx technology states. Overall for me, I would rate this stick 9.5/10. (0.5 off for QCs - wilson, please pay more attention on specs when making your rackets).

Comments: I played with my BLX blades 98 once again, and found the performance go from solid to plain amazing. The pieces of my game are starting to come together. Really enjoying the feel and the power. I hit a slice winner from the baseline! It just slithered past my opponent. Plus some sweet sweet aces - and I even felt confident enough to go for a winning running forehand cross court on match point (definitely NOT in my repertoire)!
From: Mark Pepito, 3/12

Comments: Wonderful racquet, good for serving, and for hitting out on the forehand, backhand. Everything can be hit with power and control. Adjustment was very quick and easy, I immediately won my very first match with it, which was after hitting with it for only 30 minutes FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. I hit on the run quite well with this. The feel at the net was very good too, I hit some nifty drop volleys, and solid deep ones too. The sweetspot IS larger than its headsize, like a 102 sq in. The paintjob is very pretty as well! Wish there was more gold in it, but overall very very nice. You gotta hit, power isn't free, but it is abundant, if you get my meaning. Yet, blocking and poking the ball into corners was also easy. I can't believe I took so long to decide to buy this, and am glad I did! A pair actually.
From: Mark Pepito, 3/12
String type and tension: Luxilon M2 Pro, 50 lbs
Headsize: 98 sq.in.
NTRP Rating: 5.0 counterpuncher

Comments: Worth what I paid for! I had never tested this racquet before, but I tried the older K-Factor version and loved it, so I figured it shouldn't be much of a transition. It was almost identical. It has great pop but even better control. The racquets I had before had good power, but this racquet is better for the power game since the control allows me to place the ball on a dime. It makes it a lot easier to hit winners, a real confidence booster. I feel like when the moment is right I can end the point with an authoritative forehand or backhand easily. It gets pretty good spin when strung with a multifilament, when you consider the 18x20 pattern. It has the plow-through of a heavier racquet, and a flexible yet solid feel. As a person with shoulder issues, I was pleased with the comfort this racquet offers, on groundstrokes and serves. Speaking of serves, this racquet can do it all! It gave me more powerful heaters and kickers, and it makes targeting easy. I would say it performs especially well with spin serves, kick or slice. If I had the extra cash I'd buy another for a backup!
From: Brandon, 2/12
String type and tension: Gamma TNT2 Original, 57 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 +

Comments: I have been using Wilson sticks for about ten years. I was previously playing with the K Blade 98, which was a good racquet but felt unstable especially when playing big hitters. So I tried the BLX Blade 98. I must admit it took a little getting used to. But after using it for a few weeks I love it. This stick is very stable, has great control and much more power than the K Blade. The biggest difference for me was with my one-handed backhand, which I am now able to rip more topspin and flat shots with confidence, control and consistency. Additionally, because of the stability of the frame, it is easy to block even bullet passing shot at the net. Overall, a great racquet.
From: Gerry, 1/12

Comments: Playing with this racket has provided a lot of different experiences. It seems to be head heavy than light, and does not feel like a players weapon. It needs a lot of of your own power to make it happen. My arm does not like this racket but it does provide good forehand and backhand slice action.
From: Graham, Canada, 12/11
String type and tension:Babolat excel, 57 lbs

Comments: Great all around stick except for comfort. My arm is very sore after a few sets.
From: Larry, 12/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT, 60 lb

Comments: I've been playing with this racquet for a year and overall a very nice racquet. The only downside is it doesn't work that well with natural gut strings as I broke them as soon as I put them on. Other than that good job Wilson keep it up!
From: Wesley, 12/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16

Comments: I bought two of the bad boys and all I can say is "amazing". I went from the K Blade to the BLX Blade and I feel there's a lot more control and more power and spin on my serve. It has good spin on the forehand but if your hitting flat make sure you have a lower tension string or else the power maybe lackluster. Great racquet overall!
From: Dominic, 11/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM 17/60 lbs

Comments: Quick follow-up: recently added 5 inches of lead tape (quarter inch wide strips on each side of the grommets) at 3 and 9 o'clock to the BLX Blade, and what a difference! Service returns are much more solid, as are handling bullet- like volleys. Serves also have more pop.
From: Frank, 11/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 56 lbs

Comments: I have to agree with some other comments about the Blade BLX: it plays relatively light, and you can end up getting pushed around by heavy hitters. I'm still not convinced that I made the right decision in buying it. Spin can be achieved with the proper technique, but flat groundstroke hitters may come out best with this stick. Serves, volleys and overheads are nicely executed with the Blade BLX. Very maneuverable at the net, but keep that wrist very firm, or you'll pay the price. Overheads are exceptional, as are serves, as long as you have a smooth, fluid service delivery and can generate enough power. Groundstrokes and service returns are the two areas where this falls short for my taste, I'm afraid. It feels too light, too often. Service returns are extremely problematic at times. Technique is everything with this frame. If you have the time to set up properly, it rewards you.
From: Frank, 11/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 at 56 lbs

Comments: I thought that I made a mistake when I bought this racquet, the firsts sets and games I felt that this racquet was too stiff and without feeling. Look, I'm a Head Youtek Prestige Pro player andI was looking for a lighter but stable with 98 square inch head size racquet. After several hours of playing and adjusting the swing and grip I can tell you now that I was right. This is a beautiful and great feeling racquet. Solid for all areas of the court. The power is amazing, I can have the same precision of my Prestige but with more power and spin, plus, I can save some stamina for long tournaments. It's a good choice for people like me that like to use some serve-volley but knows that nowadays you need to have a good percentage game in the baseline. I believe that now after two second places in my category I can win a tournament. Anyway like many others my elbow seems to get tired after 4 sets in a row (when training) with this racquet (it not happen with my Prestige). I have tried a hybrid string setup but I didn't like. I much prefer the thin co-poly in that, much more stable and consistent, I can swing freely and the ball lands on court almost every time.
From: Juliano, 10/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1.18 - 55lbs

Comments: This racquet is stable, very solid and crisp along with great feel. This is a very good racquet if you're looking for control and feel. It is though very string sensitive in my opinion, I've been experimenting with different string set-ups for a while(poly, multi) until I found the Kirschbaum Pro Line II(24/23kg) to suit my needs the best as the racquet frame is very stiff. One should also bear on mind that this is not the lightest racquet out there so if you don't have the physical strength to handle the 335gm swingweight you should probably look elsewhere. The racquet performs best at net(a little worse maneuverability though), overheads, serves and slices. Overall a great racquet for someone seeking the blend of feel and control, but has to generate power of his own.
From: Younes, 10/11
String type and tension: Kirschbaum Pro Line II, 24/23kg

Comments: I just bought two of these racquets. There are lot of racquets that have good feel, spin and control. If you match those three features and add with good maneuverability and swing-weight, this racquet is more than ideal for any level of player. If you don't use the right tension and strings you could feel slight stiff with any 18x20 pattern including this one.
From: Giri, 9/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 17g at 53 lbs

Comments: I just demoed this for a week. On the plus side, this is a great-looking and maneuverable frame. Volleying is generous and precise. I have never served better in my life than I did with this racquet, and I'm a middle- aged guy. But the feel of the frame is harsh--stiff and un-cushioned, which had me worrying about my elbow and wrist after long use. In addition, the ball tended to fly on me in a variety of situations. Please realize, I've been a Wilson 6.1 guy for twenty years, so you'll understand why I breathed a sigh of relief when I went back "home" to my other demo, the BLX 6.1. The Blade may be just the thing for you.
From: Len, 9/11

Comments: My two previous racquets were the Wilson [K]Blade 98 and the Wilson BLX Six.One 95 18x20 (in that order). This racquet is very similar to the Wilson [K]Blade 98 but much more improved. Actually, this is the best racquet I've played with. Much more forgiving and with a superb sense of filling. I was very happy with my last racquet (Wilson BLX Six.One 95) but with the BLX Blade 98 my serves have improved a lot thanks to the lighter weight, this allowed me to raise the acceleration in my serves. In addition, my groundstrokes were great, faster, with more spin but also highly stable. If you liked the [K]Blade 98 or the BLX 6.1 95, you should definitely try this one. You will not regret it.
From: Luciano, 8/11
String type and tension: Wilson Enduro Pro 17 at 60 lbs

Comments: Close your eyes, reach back, swing as hard as you can. Everything will land inches from the baseline and will feel awesome. Thanks Wilson BLX Blade 98. I used to play with the K Blade but when I started playing with real players it didn't have the stability that I need to return with and block back balls with serious pace. I think I strung it a bit to tight at 58 with my string. I will drop the tension, probably to 54 or lower. This things servers great. Once I adjusted back to a tight string bed I felt I could really rip my kick serve. Give the stick a try. Incredible feel and just the sweetest bit of flex when hitting a forehand.
String type and tension: Babolat RPM/Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex at 58 lbs
NTRP Rating:5.0

Comments: By far this is the best racquet that I have played with! It just does everything well and its weight and playability is just perfect for me. It is a lot more forgiving and more spin friendly than the K Blade 98. To me it plays a lot like the 6.1 95 but a lot easier to handle. The power and control is unmatched, great job to Wilson on this stick!
From: BK, 7/11
String type and tension: RPM Blast 57 lbs

Comments: It is amazing that a racquet with such a dense string bed can generate so much spin and a thin beam can pack so much power! Now you add great control to this combo and the result is a lethal weapon. No wonder some of the top women on the WTA are playing with this stick. On the down side the comfort level is a bit low with a stiff and boardy feed back.
From: Bakthan, 7/11
NTRP Rating: 3.5 to 4

Comments: Very nice job by Wilson here, one of the most versatile racquets I've used lately. It allows you to hit every shot with control, power and finesse, adequately comfortable, pretty good stability for this weight. It volleys very well for its weight as well. I found the swingweight very manageable, no problem maneuvering it.
From: Rick, 7/11

Comments: Why does the racquet say its 6pt hl when you guys say its 2pt hl?
From: Jonathan, Puyallup, WA, USA. 06/11
Jonathan, the specs on the racquet are unstrung specs. When string is added it moves the balance of the racquet. - TW Staff -

Comments: People will be amazed how well they can hit balls with this racquet. You can crush or feather the ball from anywhere on the court. Hitting soft or very hard is easy with this racquet. It is easy on the arm with the right strings. I started with poly strings strung at 54 lbs. Switched to NXT tour at 58 lbs, which is perfection. Power with control what a concept! I can hit for several hours with energy to spare with this racquet. Initially it felt head heavy. over a few hours it fells much lighter and easier to swing hitting a very heavy ball.
From: Guy who loves tennis. 6/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT tour

Comments: Having previously used the Wilson K Blade Team, I was looking for a racquet that could help control my groundstrokes and help add variety in my game. The BLX Blade succeeded in that. I felt that my slice has increased dramatically since using this racquet, and it has now become a weapon for me. Forehands are great, as topspin is easy to generate. Backhands are solid, but require more effort than my K Blade Team needed. Serves are very solid, but with the racquet chance I have noticed a slight lack in power when hitting flat serves. Volleys are sublime. Considering I used to stick to the baseline, I find it very rewarding to come in every 2nd or 3rd point and put away an easy volley. One issue would have to be the stiffness, and at times if you become lazy, your shots will go a little wild. But overall, I am very happy with my choice, and recommend this racquet for anyone wanting to add more variety and control in their game.
From: Adam. 6/11

Comments: I have grown to love this racquet, after being 7 years out of the game. It has tremendous power, and generates unbelievable sidespin on serves (my service game win ratio is better than it ever was). Frame is rock solid, but to get the most from this racquet I needed to find the sweet spot. When I did, I knew it!
From: Martin. 5/11

Comments: Excellent control, power and comfort. It took a few minutes to figure out how to harness the extra power and return very heavy shots with such a light racket. With the right string setup this could be everyone's favorite tennis racket. Free points on serve. Easy to hit deep shots, spin, flat, slice, etc. Good on punch and drop volleys and touch shots as well.
String type and tension: RPM Blast 16

Comments: I got the BLX Blade 98 because I liked the KBlade 98. I found that it brings much more power which was a pleasant surprise. A lot more topspin which caters to my game with deep penetrating shots. I play on a college team and have been persuading teammates to try this racket--many have really liked it due to its many advantages.
String type and tension: Luxilon Adrenaline @ 56 lbs

Comments: One of the best racquet on the market! Great feel, no vibration, great touch, fast and maneuvrable, good access to power and pinpoint precision. Quite good with topspin groundstrokes and great with flat and backspin shots, unbeatable at net. If you are looking for a versatile all-round racquet this could be your best choice.
From: Gabriele Medri. 5/11
String type and tension: Signum Pro - Hyperion

Comments: Nice stick here, nothing similar to KBlade 98. This BLX has more power, feel, more topspin. I really liked it.

Comments: Amazing stick. I just switched to this from the KFactor version, which is somewhat similar, but this is a way better racquet. I can hit great power on serves and groundies but at the same time this racquet offer awesome touch on dropshots and volley.
From: Henry, PA, United States. 4/11
String type and tension: Luxilon @ 56 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: When Wilson developed N-Code technology for their racquets it was the best improvement in racquets in years. BLX is another terrific change in materials that makes the Blade 98 a must try. Feel and comfort have definitely been improved over the K-Blade. Wilson has made a very good racquet better with the BLX frame. I have put K-Blades away for good now that the BLX frames have arrived.
From: Renzo, Ontario, Canada, 03/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast at 52lb
Headsize: 98sq in

Comments: I picked up 2 of these -- really like the feel on my two handed backhand. I hit a fairly flat forehand and found a little more spin with this racket. Serve and volley strokes are great-- even getting a little kick on my serve now! I was playing with a Tecnifibre 320 but I think I have finally found the racket that fits my game.
From: David, Willington, CT, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Polyspin (2011) 58lbs

Comments: Disappointed. Don't be fooled by the moderate 11.3-ounce strung weight. It plays far heavier in your hand, and it's one of the least maneuverable rackets I've owned. Sluggish at net and on serve. Also plays much stiffer than the specs show. Probably due to the tight string pattern and full poly setup. Do's: thin gauge poly or poly hybrid at low to moderate tension. Don'ts: 15 or 16 gauge poly at mid to high tension. Also, what's with the weird shape of the beam? It's like they blended 2 different rackets together. The beam in the throat area is box shaped with fairly sharp edges. The beam on the head then abruptly changes to a rounded and arched shape. Inconsistent beam design just doesn't seem to flow. Oh well, it's back to my 6.1's.
From: PJ, Ronkonkoma, NY, USA, 03/11

Comments: This is a big improvement on the k blade. I used to play with the N blade and that was a great frame. The K was just a real unstable I found. This has a way more solid feel. I'm impressed!
From: Greg, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Luxilon Big banger fluoro

Comments: Demo-ed this and really liked it. I currently play blx 6.1 95 16x18 and there is quite a difference between the 2 rackets. The blx blade 98 is fairly flexible and offers good control but it is a little light on power. Great soft feel and can place the ball easily. I actually like the control and flex better than my blx 6.1 95, but the blade's power is a bit concerning. It is much easier to generate pace and depth with the blx 6.1 95. The surprise with the blx blade 98 is the amount of spin you can generate. I could get great spin on groundstrokes and serves. I am not currently looking to buy but will demo this again when I am ready to buy. I could see playing with it - maybe drop the tension a bit to get more power.

Comments: I have tried K Blade 98 and BLX Blade 98. While BLX version is more stable it does have some extra power that sometimes throes the ball without spin. I have found that playing K version I always can relay on its performance while playing BLX I always had to mind the extra power it delivers, also K version has a more head light balance which helps. Overall I would choose K version over BLX because it is more precise.
From: Dmitri, USA, 02/11

Comments: I had tried the previous version of this racquet and found it unstable, but this version is a major improvement, good feel and control and my game keeps getting better the more I play with it. My previous racquet, a Head YOUTEK Radical Pro, is no match for this racquet and the control of shot on the Blade 98 made the Babolat Aero Pro and Roddick that I demo'd seem very unimpressive.
From: Cameron, Melbourne, Australia, 02/11
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation 56
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: I used to use the kBlade Tour, but I've switched to the BLX Blade 98 and I love it. Volleys and groundstrokes are extremely solid and provide good plow through; I can stick volleys easily and hit with good depth and power on groundstrokes. I'm a USTA junior who'll be playing college tennis next year, so I definitely recommend trying this racquet for anyone who liked the kBlade line.
From: Anon, Midwest, USA, 02/11

Comments: I have been using the Head Microgel Radical Pro for several years now but lately my shoulder has started to bother me. I had thought about looking for a lighter racquet but wasn't serious about the search. By chance I tried a demo BLX Blade 98 at the local indoor courts and really liked the racquet. It was strung with NXT at 58lbs and had my size of grip (3&3/8). I hit with it for about an hour and the racquet continued to impress. I liked the weight and the 18x20 string pattern did not hurt my slice backhand. It was comfortable to use at net and both my service and service returns had plenty of power. I know that the BLX Blade 98 is a much different tool than the Head Radical but it fit my game. I have since played with the demo several times and each time came away impressed. I finally ordered one and I have enjoyed the racquet.
From: Joe, Parkersburg, WV, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 56lbs

Comments: I have heard great things about this new Blade. Just one thing, why is there no demo for this racquet? My instructor suggested it to me, told me it was a great stick, but there were no demos for the 98 version. Is there going to be a demo any time soon?
From: Shane, Wichita Falls, TX, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L
(Shane, we just recently received our demo stock from Wilson and we will be stringing them up tonight so that we can post them on the site.--TW Staff)

Comments: I demoed this racquet this week, I currently use the KPS88, The BLX Blade is a nice looking racquet, but I found it too light and too stiff.
From: Jimmy, USA, 01/11

Comments: Just got this racket today. This is the most promising racket I've ever held in my hand. I've been in a slump for a few months. In the summer, I hit rockets. Then fall came and my game went downhill. Then, I took a chance and ordered this stick without even playing with it first. I used the K-Factor version last year (in my Junior year of high school) and it was pretty reliable. Well the BLX version is improved in every way. From the start it felt extremely stable and precise. The spin is superb as well as the power. My serves have more pace and consistency. Forehands were a tad bit inconsistent, but that was just because I was mixing things up too much, trying to experiment. My one handed backhand- never better. It's amazing how much confidence can be instilled by a racquet. This one is a keeper.
From: Brian, Avondale, AZ, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU BB Spin 16

Comments: Love this racquet. Great balance between the Pure Drive (too much power, less control) and Pro Open (more control, less stable). A solid racquet; nice weight, quick at the net, and great control.
From: TennisGuy, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Klip 17 @59

Comments: This racquet has a great feel and is very comfortable but the 335 SW was too much for me.... most if not all of my strokes were on the long side because I was not able to generate enough topspin due to my stroke style. If you can handle the 335 SW this racquet will pleasantly surprise you with its feel, feedback and comfort.
From: Rich, ATL, GA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Wilson Endurance Tour 16, (mid tension)

Comments:
I cannot believe how nice and solid this frame is. It has lots of feel, and I could 'back off' quite a bit for more consistency/accuracy, yet still maintain plenty of power. Hit right, it was fairly solid but no "wow factor" like everything else. Missed slightly, and it just died on the frame. I've never had such a stellar frame not deliver so much in one area. It was like the sweetspot just went away. By the way, I love the Blade Tour, but for some odd reason, I'd get a sore forearm hitting with it. This new 98 feels much more like that frame - with no sore arm!
From: TT Username: gosurfboy

Comments:
Groundstrokes: I give it a 6/10 on groundstrokes. It felt headlight, so I was pretty sure I would not be able to generate much pace or spin with this one. However, I found that if I had time to set up I could generate a lot of racquet head speed and adequate pace, topspin or slice. I ran into problems if I had to hit on the run or stretch for a ball. This racquet doesn't do any of the work for you, so you really need to have good technique or you'll pay the price. With this racquet, I felt like my groundstrokes didn't have much sting and couldn't hurt anyone.

Serve: I give it an 8/10 on serves. I found that this racquet had good depth and pop on serves.

Volley: I give it an 8.5/10 on volleys. The weight and headlight balance made this racquet very maneuverable at net. I could easily keep volleys low and felt like I had good control on touch volleys. I didn't get as much pace and depth on my put away volleys as I do with my own racquet.

Serve Returns: I give it a 6/10 on serve returns. If I got a slow second serve and had plenty of time to set my feet I could keep the return low. But I did have some trouble blocking back harder serves.
From: TT Username: catfish
Racquet of Choice:Boris Becker Delta Core Pro

Comments:
The grip was thin and lacking in cushion, the Enduro Tour string bed was as hard as a rock, NXT would have been far superior as the frame is pretty stiff compared to my C10 Pro. I hit with it for a couple of hours but there was just no wow factor at all and I didn't want to take a chance to stress out my arm or shoulder as the frame was well below the weight of my normal frame.
From: TT Username: chisto
Racquet of Choice: Volkl C-10 Pro

Comments:
Overall, it is a very solid all court frame. I generally don't like the feel of Wilson racquets because of the stiffness, but this racquet was surprisingly comfortable while still having a crisp feel to the frame. It may be the foam in the handle or the frame may not be a stiff as past Blades. The string pattern also offered good control to help tame some of the power of the racquet.

Groundstrokes - The racquet offered solid power and control off of both wings. The racquet had a whippy feel and I was able to generate good pace and topspin on the forehand and with my two handed backhand. Also, the slice backhand was very nice off this racquet and more dependable than my usual radicals. If I had to pick out a dislike about the groundstrokes, it was a slight loss of spin.

Serve - This racquet serves a very nice flat ball. I tend to hit my serves with a lot of spin using my Radicals and save the flat serves as a change of pace because they are a little less reliable. However, with this racquet I went the opposite direction and was able to hit a lot more flat bombs up the T. It had very solid directional control on flat serves. My slice serve was also very effective and stayed very low through the service block. The one place I struggled was with my kick serve.

Volleys - My touch felt off and I felt a little disconnected from the racquet. Punch volleys and swinging volleys were nice, but touch shots and volleys were a little wild and inconsistent. The ball tended to float a little bit on me. So if there was a weakness for me with this racquet, it would be on the volleys overall.

Serve Return - I was able to rip several return winners during my match play and I often had my opposition on the defensive off my return. The balance and power of the racquet, combined with the tight pattern gave my serve a lot of confidence to go after the return. However, on slower paced "spinny" serves I had to be careful to use a good bit of topspin to keep the ball from going long.

General comments on overall performance- This racquet is light enough for some customization and still has a solid swing weight and decent stability for being so light. It is a crisp feel, but not in a way that feels overly stiff. While I prefer a more open string pattern, I was surprised at the spin I could generate for such a closed pattern.
From: TT Username: HitItHarder
Racquet of Choice: Head Radicals

Comments:
The racquet felt less headlight than mine and I could immediately feel the high swingweight. As you may see the beam is 21mm and that contributed to a very nice "whippy" feel. The racquet is also considerably softer than K Blade. It plays firm but not stiff and/or harsh by any means. The racquet flexes uniformly. By this, I mean that I was not able to locate the dominant area of flexing as is the case with Volkl C10 (upper hoop) or elusive Wilson H22 (the throat area). Torsional stability is exceptional. This is the paradigm of torsional stability especially in its mass category. Sweet spot is huge.

Groundstrokes: From the baseline the racquet performed beautifully. It generated so much torque thanks to its balance and, consequently, high swingweight. I was able to hit my targets with ease and the depth was great. The racquet offered some really nice pop. The balls were very heavy and they just penetrated through the court. The spin was superb even though I am mainly a flat hitter. Initially I had moderate difficulties to rip the ball from the "No-Man's Land" but I was able to adjust promptly. Directional control was on a very high level on either wing. This is where 18x20 string pattern really helped. The string bed was consistent without "hotspots" and surprises. And this is where I would to make a crucial separation from the K Blade: the ball pocketing was supreme. I could feel the ball sinking into string bed and the dwell time was higher compared to the K Blade. And this is one of the highlights: the slices were outstanding! They stayed very low and they skidded through the court nicely. Defensive game was very good but the power level on quick blocks (self-defense mode). Overall, the power level was a notch above the K Blade.

Volleys: Volleys were exceptional. The racquet showed incredible stability and great pop however I used slightly upper grip position around the net to increase maneuverability/lower swingweight. The racquet felt a bit sluggish but the trade-off was more than worth it: very sharp and "pacey" volleys.

Serve and Serve Returns: My serve is generally very good and this racquet gave me total confidence to serve more "exotic" serves, be very aggressive and go for the lines. Control was exceptional and fortunately it is accompanied with great pop. We all know that many players' racquets give us exactly what we put on them but this racquet gave more. Slice serves were great as were kickers. Smooth technique is a must here but the server will be lavishly rewarded (and the receiver will be punished accordingly). Returning serves was excellent. I was able to either block fast flat and hard serves or aggressively rip second serves. However, I have experienced some difficulties when I was stretched and when I had to chip the ball back.

Conclusion: On top of everything I said, the comfort was simply magnificent. Not a single discomfort after very intensive 18+ hours of hitting. Not too stiff and not too soft, but light and heavy enough with huge sweet spot. In my humble opinion, this is as close to a perfect modern "weapon" as it comes. If I had to put it in the "Blade" context, I would like to say that this is not just an upgrade. This is a completely different direction of racquet engineering in the best possible way.
From: TT Username: BobFL
Racquet of Choice:Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT Standard

Comments:
Groundstrokes 6/10- This racquet was great for hitting drive groundstrokes with moderate spin. There was a serious power/spin drop off from my Extreme, but control was better. It also sliced beautifully, like most Wilson's. The racquet felt a little airy in the handle on really hard hit balls. Overall, great control and slice, but not enough power and spin for my taste.

Serves 8/10- Liked hitting flat first serves with this racquet. It had some pop and felt light, like I could swing it all day. Second serves, in contrast to groundstrokes, had a lot of action on them. I could see the ball bending dramatically in the air.

Returns 6/10- The racquet was a little light to really block hard serves. I got that airy feeling from the handle again which made me wish there was more weight down there. Taking medium cuts at the ball gave me the best results, but taking big cuts wasn't as effective because I wasn't getting enough drop due to lack of spin.

Volleys 8/10- I liked this racquet at the net; it was very maneuverable due to the light weight but had enough punch to get the ball away. I liked it especially for bleeding pace off the ball, the controlled feel from the stringbed made it easy to go for soft angled shots.

Overall 6/10- This racquet felt solid and maneuverable for its weight, but still felt a little light to me. The balance was a little head heavy-ish, making it slower to swing but not giving much more plow due to the light weight. In stock form, the racquet offered me decent performance. It had great control directionally but the lack of spin made me less consistent, which made it a wash. The feel of the racquet was a muffled stiffness, there was some pop, but it was cushioned: more of a cush-thwack, than the standard Wilson thwack. I think flat hitters who want a forgiving option might like this one, as well as string breakers who have a ton of racquet head speed.
From: TT Username: Fed Kennedy
Racquet of Choice:Head Extreme Pro

Comments:
The racquet is definitely going to go over well with people who like a firmer feel. The feel is different from the old K factor. You still get that good 'crack' sound, but it feels a little softer and has some more touch. It felt really crisp, too. The placement was very good, like with heavier stiff frames. And the touch was surprisingly good for something that was so stiff and strung tightly with a poly.

Volleys were pretty outstanding; you could really punch it wherever you wanted. And the racquet kind of did all the work for you. Random stab volleys were really stable. Overheads weren't as solid as my Radical though, less spin and pace for some reason.

Forehands were just ridiculous, I have no idea how you can get so much spin, especially with 16 gauge in an 18 by 20. And you could you flatten that thing out. There was really a distinction between hitting a flat shot and a "spinny" shot though.

Backhands were pretty solid too, but I couldn't get as much spin for some reason. It felt like it was the perfect weight for my two handed backhand though. But I also lost a bit of maneuverability on serve returns. Serves were great, just like the old Blade. Lots of spin and pace on tap. Placement was very good. Again, there was tons of spin for a closed pattern.

Overall, the racquet had very good control too. But it weighed in a lot higher than the old Blade, around 11.5+ oz. It's nothing at all like the old line. It seems like they completely redesigned the whole line, because it really does seem better in every way if you can handle the weight.
From: TT Username: Pyrokid

What Plays Like A Pacific X Force Pro 18x20
What Plays Like A Prince Tour Diablo Midplus
Spencer Boller
Troy Lara
What Plays Like A Volkl Organix 10 (295g)
Wilson BLX