Comments: I wanted a racquet to replace the Sledge Hammer from Wilson. It's 116 sq.in. and a 2.8 stiffness. Two pro shops suggested the BLX 3 as the closest equivalent. I tried it today for the 1st time and it was amazing! It feels lighter, but not by much. The oval head vs. "weird" head shape provides a larger sweet spot. The 2 piece structure is excellent -- there is essentially very little vibration.
From: Ron, 7/14

Comments: This racquet in my opinion is superb for my play style, suited best for an intermediate like my self. The racquet is plenty comfortable and vibration free, not to mention it generates power and spin with the 16x19 pattern. I am using Babolat VS Team natural gut 17g (@ 55lb) in the mains with Luxilon ALU Power 16g Silver at 60lb in the crosses. I am an all- around player and this racquet has a huge sweet spot for forgiveness at the baseline, and can put away easy balls at the net, though I do feel the HH balance can eliminate some of the control I require at net. Overall a good frame.

Comments: I have the Wilson K3 FX, which this racquet is replacing. I feel no vibration with my K3 but I cannot say the same about the BLX three. My forearm started hurting after 10 minutes warming up with it. I noticed the racquet also isn't as stable as the K3 and was twisting in my hand if I had a mishit. The shape is strange near the bottom of the strings near handle - more narrow than the K3, so if I accidentally hit a shot from that part of the racquet it twisted in my hand and the ball went flying off to the side. I am a 4.5 rated player and can provide my own pace but I use these type of racquets because of my tendency for tennis elbow and wrist problems. This one felt bad on my arm and I would not recommend it for those with arm issues.
From: Jules, 1/13