Babolat Natural Leather Grip Customer feedback

Comments: Tacky enough to use for a good amount of time, however it starts to shrink. Also, the overlay starts to separate after excess use. This can be fixed by applying a new one. Which is what I did -- I replaced it with a Head Leather Tour. Much better.

Comments: I'm truly stunned; I had tried probably 15 replacements grips without success before finally deciding to give leather a try again, and it is EXACTLY the kind of feel I've been wanting. This grip has the perfect combination of dryness and tackiness. Even when I have some moisture on my hands, it doesn't slip at all, in fact it almost seems to help my grip a bit, almost like a little moisture on a leather steering wheel helps. My long search is finally over, highly recommend to anyone that wants the classic leather feel.
From: McKay, 4/12

Comments: Truly an excellent product! The grip is a lot better than Wilson's leather, it doesn't give you (or at least me) blisters and you don't really need to put an overgrip on top of it. It has a very neat tack when it gets slightly moist, which it does simply from holding.

Comments: Not very impressed with bab leather at all, compared to fairway, RPNY leather it just feels "dry" and harsh. Not enough tack. Only decent thing is the gold letters printed on it which rub off rather fast. Even with an overgrip.
From: anon. Florida, USA 02/10

Comments: Very high quality leather grip. I wrapped it around my Microgel prestige mp and put a Wilson pro overgrip over it and the feel was great. I got the firmness of the leather and the soft overgrip protected me from blisters. I like the leather because most synthetic base grips are too mushy, and the leather makes the racquet feel firm and I get a better feel overall. There's also plenty of grip in the package so you can wrap it a little higher on the handle if you have large hands and find you don't have enough room for both hands.

Comments: What an impressive sensation to have it in my hand. I've played with it under 35 Celsius degree and my hand was dry as a cold winter noon! No doubt, I loved it and this will be my replacement grip for the future. I play with an Aero Storm and if possible this grip did increase the control on the balls during the play more and more. Unbelievable guys. If you want taste true tennis, try it! I'm not Mr. Babolat, ok? ;-)
From: Fabio, Roma, Italy 06/09

Comments: I'm truly impressed with the feel of these grips. I use them on a head prestige with a Wilson pro overgrip on top and it adds to the crisp feeling of the racquet, and it just feels good on the hand. highly recommended.

Comments: I have two Babolat pure drives with this leather grip on. It has been almost 4 Months now, so I can tell you how they fared. As far as durability, they are wonderful. I play 8-9 hours a week and in the last 4 months they have held up great. It will lose some of it's tackiness in the first month. You also need to keep your hands dry when using the grip. If you let it get wet with sweat, then it gets slippery fast. I would recommend these grips for someone looking for more feel out of the racquet and don't mind a little rough grip.
From: Yehan, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 09/08

Comments: Tough, hard and too thick.

Comments: This leather grip is very durable, but I felt that is was just a bit too harsh for my hands. It felt good at first, but my hands started hurting when I would play. I used a Wilson pro overgrip on a prince hybrid hornet.
From: Anon, USA, 03/08

Comments: I really prefer this grip over Wilson's leather one. It just feels fuller in the hand while slightly thinner, it might be just my own perception but I play with both on identical racquets and with identical grip sizes and overgrips and I immediately feel the difference once I grab the Babolat.
From: Bobby, CT, USA, 11/07

Comments: This is an awesome grip that has finally allowed me to focus on more important things than making sure the racquet stays in my hand. The grip was a perfect match to my Dunlop Black Max (circa 1983). The gold lettering really stands out and I think the grip is as much of a cosmetic improvement as it technical. This grip is VERY comfortable whether you use an overgrip or not. The only thing I noticed is that when I take off my overgrips, the back of them is brown from having been in contact with the leather, and after going through about 3, I can feel that the leather grip itself became much smoother than when I got it. Its not a huge deal, but it is a little undesirable.
From: Parker, CT, USA, 10/07

Comments: I like it with or without an overgrip. This is by far the best upgrade to maximize feel and touch on your racquet. Definitely worth the money.
From: Ian, San Diego, CA. 10/07

Comments: I love this leather grip. I also have a Wilson one and it can't compare. Because this one is wider, the feel is more even and you don't feel the grooves as much. I like an even feel a lot more than bumpy feel.
From: Derek, San Francisco, CA, USA. 5/07

Comments: I love it! Perfect feel and it's very cool looking w/the Babolat gold letters and all. Worth the money.
From: Ronak, Tempe, AZ, USA, 02/07

Comments:This grip feels so nice. It's not very tacky, but it gives so much more feel and is maneuverable in your hands. I'd recommend it.
From: Dave, Baltimore, MD, USA, 10/26

Comments: This is an amazing grip, but it is not for everyone. There are 2 slight problems to this and all leather grips. The first is that this grip is VERY abrasive on your hands. Now while this means that it makes for a better grip, if you have any blisters or calluses on your hands like I do, then you are going to be feeling very uncomfortable with this rough of a grip. The other problem is that you need to make sure that you keep this grip dry. Once the grip gets wet and by wet I mean continual use or a good soaking as in say a set or 2 of competitive play on a hot day, the grip became no better than using just the handle itself. I would simply buy a cheaper replacement grip and consider a good overgrip such as Tournagrip or Wilson Pro grip.
From: Timothy, Harpers Ferry, WV, USA. 8/05

Comments: Awesome grip! Use with Babolat VS overgrips. Best feeling grip I've ever used.
From: Jeremy, USA. 06/05

Comments: It's the best leather grip I've ever used. At the start of using leather grips I got blisters, but now I love them they give so much more feel to your shots than synthetic grips. Overall it's great!
From: Andre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. 04/05

Comments: A great grip with good comfort and good absorption. The only problem I had was that after awhile, I would get blisters on my thumb and on the side of my palm.
From: Shane, Orlando, FL, USA. 4/03

Comments: The grip was a little stiff at first, but overall I liked it a lot.
From: Sean, Mission Viejo, CA, USA. 3/03

Comments: I am a 5.0 all-court rated player with a one-handed backhand who has recently returned to the game after an eight year hiatus. I play approximately four to five times per week year round averaging between an hour and an hour and a half on each given day. I definitely sweat, particularly around my hand and wrist area, more than most. I have tried the famous and ever popular Tourna-Grip as well as the Yonex Super Grap Over Grips. The Tourna-Grip did not provide the needed absorption that I was seeking. The Yonex Super Grap provided excellent absorption although I found that it built up my grip (I use a 4 1/2L in the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 - 85 Square Inch Head) too significantly for the touch, control and even power that I desire in my racquet. Being somewhat of a "Tennis Purist" and definitely not apologizing for said philosophy I was intrigued by your offering of Leather Replacement Grips. I have tried and I am completely sold out on your Babolat Natural Leather Grip. The quality and workmanship are extraordinary. The tackiness is excellent even over the long haul. And finally, I am able to hold and even feel my racquet without any "build up" of the handle. A true 4 1/2L frame. This grip is well worth the price. Thanks Tennis Warehouse and Babolat for remembering that nothing and I mean nothing compares to real leather!
From: Damon, Cleveland, OH. USA 1/03

Comments: I love the leather grip. It feels firm and I can always get a good grip by using it. It is soft so my hands don't hurt and it absorbs my sweat fast so the racquet doesn't slip during my stroke. I love it!
From: Charles, USA 12/02

Comments: The Babolat authentic leather grip was a good match for my vintage wood racquets that I still compete with. There is no substitute for that real leather feel in the middle of a match. Thanks for being one of the only companies that still bothers to produce leather grips.
From: Jimmy Lynn, Leesburg, VA. USA 12/02

Comments: I am a 5.0 player who has been playing since 1968. I remember leather grips on wooden racquets, sawdust, spray tack, gauze and every other attempt at getting a good grip on your racquet. The workmanship of the Babolat Grip and the quality of the leather are both exceptional! Unfortunately, leather is still leather. It is rugged, durable, holds up well to taped fingers, feels terrific, helps define the bevels of the racquet but is slick compared to the latest synthetics. A much better concept than a reality.
From: Gregory, USA 12/02