Babolat Pro Hurricane 18 String Customer feedback

Comments: I bought this and I quickly saw great improvment in hitting the ball and being precise. But sadly, it broke 2 months later. Anyway I practice a lot so that is probably why it broke easily, but still I thought it would be more durable.

Comments: Was expecting it to be like the 16g but with more spin. Instead I found it lacking control, dumping shots into the net and long. I'm back to the 16g.
From: Mark, Canada, 1/12

Comments: I tried the Babolat hurricane 18g string; I absolutely love this string but I do not find it lively at all; in fact I find it underpowered, which I think is a good thing. I'm able to generate my own power and now I have control. Basically I can smack the ball as hard as I want and it still goes in!!! The only downside was a slight lack of feel...but not to bad. This will now be my string of choice!
From: Peter, New York, NY, USA, 03/11

Comments: Only one word can describe these strings; amazing. Strung them at 56 lbs on my Wilson K Factor Kobra Tour and they feel absolutely amazing. So much bite and spin it's unbelievable. The power is definitely there, I feel confident with every stroke I take. Literally, I feel every ball I hit is going to go long until it dips and clips the baseline. I had to keep asking, "was that in?" because I was amazed with the consistency and spin produced by these strings.
For the price, what else could you ask for? Spin friendly, powerful, durable strings. THESE ARE A STEAL! BUY THEM NOW
From: CJ, NY, USA, 03/11

Comments: So far this string has been excellent on my tennis elbow. I use a Aeropro drive plus and this string gives me plenty of feel, spin and pop on the ball. The string appears to hold tension well and doesn't move around much. The wear rate appears to be good as well.
From: Wes, Toledo, OH. 8/10

Comments: Simply the best value/quality relationship that exist in tennis strings! Spin and bite of a poly, near playability of a very good multi-filament, great power, decent control, and excellent durability. All for a great price - really can't be beat!
From: D.R. II, VA, USA. 05/10

Comments: Hurricane 18 is a decent string, but it is VERY lively. It does have excellent spin though. I had a hard time stringing it maybe due to the stiffness. How does it compare to Pro hurricane tour? someone please let me know.
From: Eric, Saratoga, Ca, U.S. 02/10

Comments: This stuff is great. I believe it allows me to hit shots I can't with other synthetics and for the price, it is a great deal. Plan on getting a reel of this.
From: anon. 11/09

Comments: Overall, it's tough to find a better string than this. The combination of spin, control, feel and power offered by this string is unmatched. Plus, the price is extremely reasonable. The only thing that comes close perhaps is Lux Ace (18 gauge).
From: Rick, New York, NY. 9/09

Comments: This string rules! The amount of bite you get on the ball is just terrific! It lasts a long time too!
From: Rahul, India 08/09

Comments: One of the best strings I've ever used. Great spin and control, good power, decent feel. The only problem is that they only last at all. If you hit with a good amount of top spin, these will snap quickly. Only lasted me a few days at practice.
From: John, Wichita, ks, USA. 3/09

Comments: When you first stat playing with this string they start to get unaligned. In the first 4 hours of play this happened for me. But after that they start to get straight. After a little worries, I found out that this string is TOP DRAWER. Volleys, groundstrokes, my serve, can my consistency have improved. It's a very durable string and adds a lot of spin.
From: Brad, Boston, MA, USA. 2/09

Comments: I have spent a ton of dough on various polys over the years but I always come back to this one, the 17g is very good but the 18g is a whole different animal, soft for a poly but bites like a junkyard dog when needed. Great as a main string in a hybrid set up, seems to have decent tension holding also. Thanks, Babolat.
From: Christo, The W.C., CA. 9/08

Comments: I just got these. Durability is great, had for about 2 months now. I play #2 singles so I hit pretty hard. I'm a huge baseline player, and because I'm not the tallest person around (5'5 or something) I don't go to net a lot, but volleys were good. I was hitting very few deep balls; power's great. Everything is great. I recommend this.
From: Eric, Whiteford, MD, USA. 4/08

Comments: This is the best string ever when freshly strung. I'm a 4.0 player and I always break this string in a week. This string also loses tension. I use a Babolat Pure Drive +.
From: David D, Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador. 4/08

Comments: I have tried so many polys over the past year, from Kirschbaum, Topspin, Luxilon and even Babolat Hurricane Tour. But I always come back to these! They have great feel, durability and spin with just enough pop and power to really complement almost any game. The only thing they lack is great touch at the net, that's the only reason I keep trying other strings. With that said it's not like they have terrible touch at net, just would like a little less jumpiness on finesse shots. The Hurricane Tour is great for the first two hours, after that they get sloppy, if Babolat could only combine most of the attributes of this string with the Tour version in an 18 gauge it might possibly be the "perfect string"! Until then, I have learned my lesson and am sticking with Pro Hurricane 18 gauge strings. 5.0 player with Head iRad OS @ 62.5Lbs
From: Jason, Sherman Oaks, CA, USA, 03/08

Comments: These are possibly the best strings I have used yet. They have good power, excellent durability and generate great amounts of spin. I'm about a 4.0 player, and I have it strung at 55 lbs on a Volkl DNX V1, and with enough force will send penetrating shots down court. The only downside is it is less forgiving when you're on the move and you hit an off- center shot. Everything else is good.
From: Mike, Dallas, Tx. 2/08

Comments: Love these strings. Compared to Wilson NXT Tour and Sensation strings strung at 54 lbs, Pro Hurricane is a dream. I can hit ball hard and with spin. I've strung it at 49 lbs and will likely move tension to 50 lbs next time as a few balls do go long. The power generated and spin is amazing. Balls are really leaping off the ground, but I can flatten it out if I wish. I actually think the Wilson, though multifilament, felt deader than this string. I don't feel the Pro Hurricane string when I hit so much, which is a good thing.
From: Dennis, CA. 11/07

Comments: These strings are a control player's dream. The amount of spin I can generate with a medium pace swing is great, but when I swing out, these strings really shine. I can keep the ball in the last 2 feet of the court with full swings. Slice serves really bite and slide out wide as well. I have them strung at 52 in the mains with Forten Sweet 17 crosses in my Volkl Catapult V1 MP. With the Sweet in the crosses, this is as comfortable a combo as all Gut.
From: Charles, Las Vegas, NV, USA. 6/07

Comments: I put this on my Pure Drive (strung at 58 lbs.) and was very impressed. I go for flat winners about every shot, and I've not found a better string to compliment my game. The spin potential is good also. It has good durability and I'm replacing it because it has lost its tension after about 4 months of sometimes-daily use.
From: Ryan, Western NC, USA, 01/07

Comments: I am using it in my Head Classic MP at 55/55. I went through a score of multis and synthetic gut, but this one is the best. I was a bit wary of it at first, as it's poly and I used to have TE. No problems, it's kind on the arm, even better than, say, Yonex Pro Spin; it's great for spin production and it's got plenty of power. Basically, an ideal combination. It has lasted me around 15-20 hours, twice as much as any multi or synthetic gut.
From: Zverev, Bush, Australia. 11/06

Comments: I have to say it's a great string on its playability. Great spin and durability are its advantages. But it eventually gave me serious shoulder pain after two weeks of playing. And after two more weeks I got some really bad muscle strain on my arm by serving the way I used to, which I felt comfortable before I used this string. This string is a two-sided blade. You should consider use softer strings with it or use a dampener, which I found useless. Be careful what you wish for guys.
From: Matty, Houston Texas, USA 08/06

Comments: I use this on my Yonex Nano Speed RQ 7 oversize strung at 60 lbs. Seems to hold its tension well. I haven't had any problem w/ the strings breaking yet and no arm problems either. It did feel a little stiff the 1st time I used it compared to the Tecnifibre NRG2 17 gauge string I usually use. However, I like the spin I can generate and being able to hit out without worrying about the ball flying.
From: Jackie, Woodridge, IL USA 04/06

Comments: I use this string in an aero pro drive strung at 56lb. This string offers a lot of spin, feel and power unlike the 1.25 version. Nice crisp feel and comfortable to play with. It did how ever slow my serve down slightly but you cant have it all!
From: Mitch, Leicester, England 01/06

Comments: Have been using these for about a year. I now use them as my mains, with Wilson Reaction 16g crosses. I took me a little while to get used to them, after using NXT and NRG2, but I am very happy with them now. As a hybrid, my crosses always go first. I use them in a LM Prestige MP @ 60lbs. Durability is not good when they are not used as a hybrid.
From: Roy, Santa Rosa, Ca, USA 01/06

Comments: I've been looking for a synthetic string that creates enough spin to keep a power serve in the box for quite a while. This string fits the billing. I was quite impressed. I've got my power serve back, consistently. The trade-off was it feels dead around the edges of my racquet, and I needed to change how I hit my backhand. But if you can dominate the game with a big serve, then the rest of the point is quickly over, or just a matter of putting away a soft return.
From: Joe, Laurel, New York, USA 11/05

Comments:Superb string. Better than the 17 gauge and better than Luxilon TiMO 18. Don't forget that it needs 45 minutes or so to break in. I string it at 65 lbs in my Wilson Tour 90, the discontinued model
From: Johanthan
Charleston, WV, USA 11/05

Comments: Great strings with nice touch, control, and comfort. Perfect match for my Aeropro Drive by further accentuating my top spin. I lowered tension about 5 pounds. I have no problems with durability and much more comfortable than 16/17 gauge.
From:David, Washington, DC

Comments: I previously used Head strings and it didn't last long. I got these and it's been a month now and it still feels good. It has good power and I have good control on my volleys. It's a pleasure to play with these strings.
From: Nirmalkumar, Chennai, TN, India 07/05

From: Nirmalkumar, Chennai, TN, India 07/05

Comments: I tried the 16g and 17g, and they just didn't feel right, so I tried these, and they are great, and they last long. I got my racquets strung with these about 2 months ago, and they still have yet to show signs of breaking.
From: Kurren, Katy, TX, USA. 03/05