Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 660 String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I tried the Hurricane Tour 17 and although it took a few minutes getting used to it, I have to say this is a great string. I really appreciate the control and feel i get from this string. Power was OK and my serve has a lot of pop compared to my previous strings. My previous string was Signum Pro Tornado 17 and after a couple of weeks I was having control issues, overhitting the ball on a regular basis.
From: M.E., 5/13

Comments: Well, this string really provides wonderful spin on my Head IG prestige MP 18x20 at 54 lbs. However, I don't like the harsh and dead feeling of this string, though it has good durability. I would try a mix with natural gut string.
From: Rui, 12/12

Comments: While demo'ing a bunch of racquets I came across a Donnay Duel X-Duel Silver 99 with some yellow strings on the main and white on the cross. I was so impressed with the racquet and setup I knew I had to get it. I immediately ordered 2 of these racquets and inquired about the strings and tension setup. I was very happy when the person I talked to at TW actually went to the stringers and asked and notifed me they were Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour at the main and Wilson NXT for cross. The Hurricane as a main (I've only used as a main) delivers, for me, the perfect amount of control, spin, and feel. The tension maintenance and durability is above average and the cost is very high. For the first week (6 hours over 3 days) tons of pop, feel, spin and good amount of power. During the second week control started to become an issue and power was consistantly falling, though tension seemed to be falling at a slower rate. I could still hit out and the spin was still there, but not as penetrating as the first week. However, with that said, I keep coming back to these strings. I've tried various Polyfibre, Signum Pro and Tecnifibre strings, and I have yet to find anything that plays as well well as Hurricane as a main. If you don't mind paying a premium for strings than go give these a try, you won't be dissapointed.
From: J.P., 11/12

Comments: At my coach's suggestion, I just switched to these on my Head Youtek IG Speed (18x20). I was using Head Rip Control 16s (which I loved), but breakage was becoming an issue as I was restringing every three weeks or so. After a few weeks with the Pro Hurricanes, I just don't like them: it feels like they have less pop and my serve velocity has fallen off; my second serve is also missing now a lot more. Additionally they seem stiff and I find myself overswinging to get more power, which is creating more unforced errors. Will definitely go back to the Rip Control and buy a 200-meter reel.
From: Bill, 5/12

Comments: At my coach's suggestion, I just switched to these on my Head Youtek IG Speed (18x20). I was using Head Rip Control 16s (which I loved), but breakage was becoming an issue as I was restringing every three weeks or so. After a few weeks with the Pro Hurricanes, I just don't like them: it feels like they have less pop and my serve velocity has fallen off; my second serve is also missing now a lot more. Additionally they seem stiff and I find myself over swinging to get more power, which is creating more unforced errors. Will definitely go back to the Rip Control and buy a 200-meter reel.
From: Bill, 5/12

Comments: Totally worth it!!! I use the pure storm carbon extreme and I used to use the 16 gauge but it was really killing my elbow. Since these strings durability almost lasts forever (mine lasted a year and I play 3 to 4 times a week) I thought of trying the 17 gauge for that added spin and pop. Unbelievable results!! More spin and power and no more elbow pain. Totally worth it to buy this string.
From: Armin, 2/12

Comments: This string is very arm friendly, good control and great power. Good access to spin, volleys and serves. At first, the serves were kind of tough with these strings, not too sure why, but after figuring it out, good control and power. I've had better experiences with controlled groundstrokes with another string, but this one is not bad at all. Definitely one of my top 3. I would highly recommend it!
From: Tony, 11/11

Comments: I always try different poly strings, this one has been one of the best so far. A little crisper feel than the Babolat RPM Blast, a little softer than Luxilon Big Banger and a little more power than Dunlop Black Widow. Also, I love the pop sound this string generates.
From: Nimit, 11/11

Comments: I have read all comments and almost over 95% agreed this is absolutely the great string. For me, the hybrid with VS Touch gave me the excellent control, power and durability. Thanks Babolat.

Comments: I have used this wonderful string hybrid with Babolat VS gut 16 for 3 years, and I loved it. Just tried Babolat RPM Blast, seemed to have less power. Maybe I should try more time to see the difference. But for now this so far the best string for me.

Comments: I will play the villain for this string. I was not impressed at all. I strung this string in my Head Radical Microgel MP at 60 lbs because I tend to need control due to the power I generate with such a light stick. I opted against doing a hybrid setup simply because I believe in doing a full setup with my strings. I did this setup opposite of stringing my Head Extreme Microgel MP at 58 lbs (my stick of choice when I update) and there was no comparison. I was immediately frustrated by the lack of control that was being provided. My balls were flying long on just about every groundstroke. I could not get a decent kick serve in, and my flat serve lost velocity. The strings just felt to rigid and I don't think a lower tension would have changed anything. I will not be using this string again.
From: Vince, 8/11

Comments: This string is amazing I can get a lot of topspin and really great drop shots if you use topspin it is a must to get this string.
From: Tom. 6/11

Comments: Quite a good string, especially if used in combination with a softer one. Should be used in the mains 'cause it delivers lots of spin. Also, you should reduce tension slightly due to its stiffness. Spin for the mains and touch in the crosses, it's the best of both worlds!
From: Mishell, Quebec, Canada, 11/10

Comments: Nice string, more spin and more control. It is very friendly to your elbows. I used it in my Babolat GT Aero @ 58 lbs tension.
From: Ray, IL, 10/10

Comments: I'm using this string about 5 month. This string is great it will give you lots of power and topspin great for baseliners like me. I recommend it!
From: migz, Philippines. 7/10

Comments: I just played with these strings today. Really good. There was a significant difference in my game. I could hit with much heavier top spin and kick serves were really good. Haven't tried the RPM Blast yet. But so far these strings are really good for hard hitters with a lot of top spin. Hopefully it lasts long and doesn't lose tension easily as stated by others.
From: Ram, Penang, Malaysia. 06/10

Comments: I played with this string for about 6 months, used all 660 ft of my reel. It breaks fast, about once a week if you get out there and actually play regularly. Tension was my main concern, after about a match or two you could notice the lack of control on serve returns as they sail just a bit too long. I did find that these strings generated more spin than the pro hurricane and were easier on the arm (by a little). I would keep using them but they are not the best thing for my arm and they are too expensive at the rate that they break. Definitely give it a chance if heavy spin is your game and you want something that can crank shots. Head Youtek Radical Pro strung at 58 lbs.
From: Anom, 4.5-5.0, New York, USA. 5/10

Comments: These strings are awesome!! The tension of these strings drop so fast. I strung my racquet at 60lbs, and don't get me wrong, these strings were terrific! But I literally played for only a couple of days, and the tension of these strings dropped dramatically; it felt like 50lbs, and it felt extremely dead. So, if you're extremely rich and don't mind stringing every couple of days, then these are the strings for you!
From: anon, IL, USA 03/10

Comments: I tried the Hurricane Pro for first time and disappointed in feel and power. It felt very stiff and needs a lower tension to equate synthetic or natural gut. It wore me out the first time, not a hard hitter; prefer placement, spin and power and this sting just doesn't deliver.

Comments: Love these strings but break them in a 10 days. Wish they were more durable.
From: Kevin, new york. 11/09

Comments: Started using this string about 5 months ago. I use it for the mains and use Tecnifibre biphase for the crosses. I string at 59/56. I'm a 4.5 and must say that my groundstrokes are much better and more consistent now. You can swing freely and not have to worry about overhits. My groundstrokes stay deep and consistent. Only downside is that it doesn't provide as much feel at the net as I'd hope.
From: Brandon, Frisco, TX 10/09

Comments: I've used this string for a long time (3 years) by itself and in combination with many other strings (Wilson Sensation,Gamma Syn Gut, Prince Syn Gut, Prince Lightning XX, and Babolat Xcel Premium.) I must say I prefer it in combination with something else rather than by itself. The string has incredible access to topspin, it is also very durable, but I find that it lacks the capability to produce good touch shots, and is stiff as a brick at net.
From: zach, tampa, Fl, US. 7/09

Comments: This string is pretty stiff even for a poly. It has great potential from the baseline, but my complaint would be that it loses tension fairly quickly. If you have your racquet restrung frequently (once every 3-4 weeks), this will be a good string for you.
From: Ryan, Minneapolis, MN. 3/09

Comments: When I hit with this string it felt like I was hitting with a 5inch plank of wood, very stiff, and hard on the arm. I won't be buying this string again.
From: Brad, Brisbane, Australia. 2/09

Comments:I preferred this 17g over the 16g. Because I use it for the whole string-bed, the thinner gauge was easier on my arm. I haven't broken them yet since I switched from the 16g. I've tried lots of polyesters and they were all hard on my arm but this gauge provides great spin and has a good feel for a poly. If your strokes are well grooved then you'll get good results off the ground and on serves with this one.
From: Jarameal, Walla Walla, Washington, USA. 1/09

Comments: I strung Hurricane 16 gauge at 60 pounds and got tennis elbow playing doubles with some hard hitting 4-4.5 players. Had to switch to multifilament and strung down to 52-54 pounds until elbow got better. Now worked back up to 17 gauge Hurricane 17 gauge on mains and Dunlop multi on crosses. Had developed two handed backhand, and now hit big topspin on both sides. Actually now much prefer 52/54 pounds with this hybrid combination on Aeropro drive. Usually last about 5-6 sessions if no mishits. Have also tried Hurricane with Wilson Syngut on crosses, with great top and feel at 52/54.
From: Craig, Acton, MA. 11/08

Comments: Any type/brand of strings are only as good as the person using it. With proper technique this string is quite awesome. Spin, power and control are all amazing. Durability is also good even after months of hard hitting, showing little or no wear at all. Best of all, despite playing a heavy top-spin game, the strings barely moved. Definitely one of the best polys in the market. However, don't expect too much if you do not have the proper technique on your strokes. It won't turn you into a better player overnight.
From: Sanada, Singapore. 11/08

Comments: By far the best string that I have used. I have know idea why people complain about it it has given me so much more spin on my shots.

Comments: I used these strings at the tension at 24lbs on my Babolat AeroPro Drive cortex. The strings felt as if it can really rip on the ball and whenever I would swing at the ball, I can tell that I was going to hit out....
From: Daniel, Houston, Tx, USA. 11/08

Comments: Excellent strings for control without giving up to much on power. You really feel the ball during baseline play and spinning the ball is very easy. First serves produce good pace and placement but for me, second serves seem to be a bit tougher to control. You do lose tension relatively quickly but not to the point where it's unusable after your first couple of plays. I use these strings on my Wilson nTour nCode and sting at 60 lbs. I'm 6-2 and weigh 230 and hit the ball very hard and consistently. I have yet to break a string so I'm not sure why others have. Nadal uses these strings and he rarely busts them and if he does its on a mis-hit. You will enjoy these strings!
From: John, Aurora, OH. 8/08

Comments: Pro Hurricane Tour= low drag, maximum, and carved from illegal whale bone. Best string I've ever used. I used to be a 4.0 player, I had low self-esteem and thought about quitting. After trying Pro Hurricane, I eat success for breakfast and am quickly moving up the ladder. I owe my game solely to Pro Hurricane, it almost hits the ball for me.
From: will, jackson, tn, usa. 6/08

Comments: I'm a 5.0 player for about 10 years who has recently made a switch to Poly from 17g Gamma TNT & 17g NRG2. Other polys tried have been SPPP 17g and 16L Luxilon Alu Power Rough. What I like about the polys is tension maintenance as well as the lack of string movement. Strung at 55lbs on a Radical Microgel MP, the SPPP and Luxilon both provided good power and excellent control but little feel and I soon developed arm problems. I opted to try the Pro Hurricane Tour for my last string job (since I had it on hand) and surprisingly it offered better power, similar control and spin and significantly more feel. Vibration with this string is dampened yet crisp at the same time. My arm problems vanished with this string, and so far durability seems to be great with 15 hrs of playtime on the strings and virtually no wear. Just ordered 3 more packets to get the rest of my Radical MPs strung.
From: Dave, Ithaca, NY, USA. 4/08

Comments: This sting feels fantastic when used as a hybrid with natural gut. The 17 gauge does feel better than the 16 gauge. Again this is the best feeling hybrid I have ever tried so far and I have tried a lot! Pro Hurricane Tour 59lbs mains/natural gut 61lbs crosses
From: John, Riverside, Ca, USA. 4/08

Comments: This is possibly the best poly I have ever played with. It is currently in my Yonex RDS 001 MP @ 57/55 lbs, and I can just control where I want the ball to go. It is my new favorite string. It does drop tension rather quickly, but you can't win them all. Strings stay solidly in place.
From: Daiver, Montevideo, Uruguay. 2/08

Comments: Softer than Luxilon but tension drops quicker, strings stay in place well. Spin potential is good and you can hit out freely. A nice string but not a cure all!
From: Jon, England. 7/07

Comments: Hit with this string in a Vantage 100 frame -- one of the more powerful polys I've had a chance to use, not unusually spin friendly but still typical for a poly, comfortable enough. (I didn't need a dampener in the 63 flex frame.) Stays in place as well as most. A perfectly good string but nothing extraordinary.
From: Mike, Montclair, NJ, USA. 6/07

Comments: Really really great string. Its top-spin is outrageous and you can control it well at the same time! I have it strung @58 lbs on a AeroPro Drive+ for about 2 months now, and its not even close to breaking. If you play with massive spin like Nadal, you will fall in love with this string. Also, if you put a dampener (rubber band is what I use), your pretty much Godly.
From: Paul, Oxnard, CA, USA. 5/07

Comments: Finally found a poly string that doesn't irritate my shoulder! Strings are nice and soft on the arm yet provide plenty of pop on groundstrokes. Love the fact that the strings stay aligned and don't fray. I highly recommend these. (Strung at 68lbs on an Aero Pro Drive +)
From: Damion, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 5/07

Comments: I really enjoyed these strings and my Babolat Pure Drive setup but felt the tension give very quickly over the first 2 weeks of play. After the fourth week I had wrecked my shoulder and elbow with this combo. I changed out to Wilson NXT and the elbow and shoulder are better than ever. I may have just strung them too loose to begin with but be aware, these don't produce the comfort they're advertised to do at 58 lbs.
From: Phillip, Atlanta, GA, USA. 4/07

Comments: This string is pretty good. However, I found it lost quite a bit of tension after playing with it for a few days. I think I'll stick to Unique Big Hitter. It's much cheaper and holds tension very well.
From: Rick, Los Gatos, CA, USA. 4/07

Comments: I strung my Pro Kennex Redondo MP at 59lbs with it. I have to say that I was really disappointed. It feels mushy and has way to much power. It also seemed to drop tension very quickly. It might play better strung at a much higher tension. I'm switching back to the Signum Pro Poly Plasma.
From: Daniel, Austria. 4/07

Comments: This string is not UNBELIEVABLE, not AMAZING and I didn't yell WOW when I first hit with them. Pro Hurricane Tour is a good poly that holds tension better than most. There are comparable strings at lower prices that will give equal performance. If you're looking for a low powered string with brand name pricing then Pro Hurricane Tour is it. If Nadal and Roddick use it then it must be the best, right?
From: Dale, SC, USA. 1/07

Comments: Tried this string (17g) in my Babolat Pure Control+ @ 60 pounds. It is one of the best, if not the best, poly string I've tried. I used to use Luxilon ALU Power, but the Hurricane excels in control, tension maintenance and arm friendliness. Both seem to produce the same amount of spin but Luxilon ALU Power seems to have a little bit more of raw power. May be that is the reason why I, like somebody said here, do not worry too much about the ball flying.
From: Rafael, Puerto Rico. 12/06

Comments: These strings are amazingly producing more topspin than the Signum Pro Spin strings. These strings also have a good emphasis on control. I use the Prince Diablo XP and string the strings at 60lbs. If you are a player looking for a little more spin to your game, try these strings out.
From: Eric, Mechanicsville, VA, USA. 12/06

Comments: This poly string is noticed to have clearly better control and little less power (which is reasonable) compared with Luxilon Alu and Original ones. I can feel the pop and be confident in making first and the second serve without worrying too much about the ball flying. To be honest, it feels arm friendly when you make pro-style of swing from baseline, but it just going to vibrate your hands and wrist if you try too much on volley because it is not very soft. I had my Liquidmetal Prestige Mid strung with this string at 54lbs of tension, which gives me combination of control, spin, and power from baseline, but like Luxilon, not very good feel on net or other chop shots, because the string sucks in the coming ball, making net work a little unpredictable. If you are interested in sticking at baseline as Nadal, this is quite good choice and worthy of money, but would be better to consider hybrid it with Tecnifibre (or any other soft syth) if you enjoy all court work. I am 4.0 baseliner, and prefer mixing topspin and flat shots.
From: Anonymous. 12/06

Comments: This is great string to use in a hybrid with NXT Tour and has plenty of spin, control, and power. This is truly a great string to play with. I have never played with all Pro Hurricane Tour but love this hybrid of Pro Hurricane 17 and NXT Tour 17 in my Flexpoint Prestige MP.
From: Paul, Malvern, PA, USA, 11/06

Comments: Play with Babolat Aero Pro Drive with Pro Hurricane on mains and conquest on crosses. I got Pro Hurricane Tour as a free sample and strung them across entire stringbed at 58lbs with no loss of control. It gave me more feel, more top spin and more power. I hit loads more winners with the sheer pace of ball and forehand drive now loops high over net. The added bite from these strings brings the ball back in with the extra top spin, I am very happy with these, I think I can now stop tinkering with strings / tension etc. I am pretty much an attacking baseliner who likes to get in when the time is right - great strings
From: Gary, Bristol, England. 11/06

Comments: I recently started using Bab AeroDrive+ and was not satisfied with their performance using Luxilon TIMO 17. Switching to Hurricane Tour 17 made a significant difference in the performance of the rackets. As a long time consumer of Luxilon, Hurricane Tour 17 offers longer life, better control, more power, and less vibration. If poly strings suit your game, this is definitely worth a try.
From: Zeke, Powhatan, VA, USA. 10/06

Comments: I use a Hawaiian grip and play with a Prince O3 Tour mp and recently used this string at 57lbs. First off this string feels even stiffer than the Luxilon string that I used before. This string also has way too much power. Every shot vibrated and I couldn't get a good feel for this string. Not my cup of tea.
From: Lawrence, Placentia, CA, USA. 10/06

Comments: This has to be the stiffest string I have ever played with. I strung it at 62 and yet it still gave me too much pop. Since I use the Babolat pure drive cortex, it's safe to say that the racquet itself already has too much pop. I don't recommend this for Babolat racquets but might work well with others.
From: Terrence, Colts Neck, NJ, USA. 10/06

Comments: This is easily the best string that I have ever played with. It is better than the Signum pro strings. This string has great power and I found it easy to get a lot of spin. I recommend that everyone try it.
From: Jimmy, QLD, Australia. 10/06

Comments: This string is really great. I was worried at first because I have used full stringbeds of Original hurricane and did not like it. I have been using Luxilon ALU and ORIGINAL ROUGH for a couple years now but it's always felt like it's missing something. Hurricane tour has what it is missing. It just has the right feel and doesn't go mushy and lose its control the way Luxilon does. I'd rate this string so far as the best I've tried.
From: Doug, Adelaide, Australia. 10/06

Comments: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17 is by far my favorite string! I have this string and the Babolat X-Cel Premium 17 half set on my AeroPro Drive. My shots are much more powerful and I have a lot more control and spin on them. I love it!
From: Kevin, Garden City, NY, USA 09/06

Comments: This string is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Best poly I have ever played with. Great bite, control, and power. Had the bite that I wanted from natural gut, but with better durability. Best of all, it didn't hurt my sore elbow. This string is just amazing; everyone should play with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17.
From: Grant, Littleton, CO, USA 09/06