Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 660 String Reel Customer feedback

Comments: I tested this string at 54 pounds. During the first several minutes, it's very stiff. When the strings settle in the racquet, you can feel the ball and you can hit big topspin forehands and backhands with no fear. The only downside was durability. After 8-10 hours of play, the strings died, I lost control on my shots and I started to feel pain in my arm. Do not play with dead polys. However, Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour is a very good choice! Ball bite and power are great!
From: Gustavo, 7/14

Comments: Great string for power and spin. Not a very good string for feel. Feels like hitting with brick wall.
From: William, 3/14

Comments: Tried tons of strings before coming back to this one again. Excellent feel and pop. Tension maintenance is only OK. If you haven't decided on the strings be sure to give it a try.

Comments: I found this string to have very bad tension maintenance and was not very durable. Great string for the first couple days, but then strings get very loose and you lose control of the ball.
From: Luke, 12/13

Comments: I do not have much experience with other polyesters or even strings in general, but this string is great for me. I am a pretty big hitter, but this string at 54 lbs. on my Babolat XS 105 does not seem to lose tension or break. I had previously used N.Vy 17g, and broke that in about a week's time. I have had this string for maybe two or three months and I play at least 7-8 hours a week, but this string still plays amazingly. One thing I would say is that it is not too low-powered.
From: Erik, 9/13

Comments: This is a good string for the price. I break it every 2 weeks though, but since I hit pretty hard, that makes sense. I hybrid with Alu Power in the crosses at 48 lbs. Try this combo if you want to -- I recommend it!
From: Daniel, 7/13

Comments: After stringing my PS90 BLX with RPM Blast, I decided that it was a little costly for me. So, I decided to try out the PHT since it was a little bit cheaper and very similar to RPM. Both strings give great access to spin but unlike PHT, a newly strung racquet with RPM gives a lot more spin, but for PHT, it takes time to get that lovely spin feeling. However, just like many previous users of RPM Blast and PHT, both strings drop tension around 3-4 lbs. Accompanying the tension drop, the strings start to die out. PHT however, has a lot more power when compared to RPM Blast which is a little bit more controlled during the tension drop. I honestly love the tension drop both strings give since its easier on the arm and it gives better feel (in my opinion) but I have to side with RPMs. It's a softer co-poly and is amazing from when it's newly strung and starting to die out. PHT takes time to adjust to but I just can't seem to get that feel RPM gives me. Nonetheless both strings are great. I string my racquets at 54 lbs but am thinking about stringing them at a lower tension so it's easier on the arm at first and get better feel.
From: Stephen, 11/12

Comments: I've been using the same string job for about six months. It is full set of PHT at 50 lbs (it sounds like it would be harsh on the arm, and it is). The string performs the same after six months of heavy hitting - absolutely incredible. I have noticed some initial loss in tension, and then it was consistent all the way. Control is so easy, changing direction, spin, slice, drop shots. Previous to this I have been playing with 17g version which plays slightly better, but drops tension dramatically after 10 hours of play. This is for heavy hitting, power servers who break strings very fast. This string is not for players who force the ball, it will grind your arm in 5 minutes when hitting with bad technique. Remember to string low, and you will have a blast.:-)
From: William, 3/12

Comments: This is a very good string but somewhat costly. It has good control, decent power, and ok with comfort. First time I strung it at 59 lbs and though it was ok it still had a boardy feel. I moved to 54 lbs and then to 49 lbs. At 49 lbs, it is perfect. I use it in my Head Youtek Prestige. Lower tension pockets ball more and is better for your arms. I hit with top spin.
From: Rashid, 11/11

Comments: I love this string! I use it on the mains in my Babolat Pure Storm racquet and it is truly amazing. I use it with Wilson Stamina on the crosses. The tension I use in this racquet is 60 lbs. This string gives me the spin, power, control, and pop that no other string has ever given me. I have tried several strings and this is by far, in my opinion, the best! I also use this same combination of strings on my Boris Becker Pro and Babolat Pure Drive, and it awesome on those racquets as well. I highly recommended it!
From: Marcos, 11/11

Comments: Perfect strings, love them. Great for a heavy racquet. It reduces the size of the sweet spot, but control and spin are incredible. It is also softer than I expected.
From: William. 11/11

Comments: This is a great string. The best I have used by far. I used to string Babolat RPM Blast at about 62 lbs but had to significantly lower the tension due to an elbow problem. I strung the Pro Hurricane Tour at 56 lbs and I was really worried at first because all my shots were gonna be uncontrollable. It was at first and I regretted lowering it so much, but after 2 hours of play, I've noticed tremendous ball pocketing and could feel the ball stay on the racquet as if it was asking for that additional spin. This is the greatest strings I've ever used. I am a 3.5 - 4.0 player.
From: Albert, 10/11

Comments: These strings are hands down incredible. Pro Hurricane Tour provides excellent ball bite, durability, and power. Highly recommended for top spin players as well as players who love to take big cuts at the ball.
From: Peter, 9/11

Comments: I find this string to be superb. I picked it up one day by accident, and I must say, its the best mistake I've ever made. I use Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour on my Wilson 6.1 tour,and I set it to about 65lbs. I take big cuts and posses a lot of spin on my shots. Nothing else feels quite like this.

Comments: I haven't written a review before but now I am obliged to do so. These strings are superb, very spin friendly, and do not move easily with a reasonable tension maintenance. I am a level 4 player and I really loved these strings. I strung it on my Head IG Youtek IG Speed Lite racket at 61 lbs.
From: Hasan, 8/11

Comments: I string racquets for my son (junior USTA player) and we switched back to the Pro Hurricane Tour on the mains, and Babolat Tonic on the crosses. He was using Luxilon ALU Rough on the mains, but he was complaining of tennis elbow. The first tournament after using switching to Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, he won the singles and is in the doubles semi-finals of an L1 USTA tournament. From my observations, his serve had more pop, spin, and power, his volleys had better placement, and his groundstrokes were more consistent. He was all smiles at the end of the long day.

Comments: This string is really, really good. Ive been using this string for about 3 months and they still feel the same as they did the first day I used them. I play mostly every day of the week because I'm on my high school's tennis team. They haven't died down at all. It still has that pop too it. So far, this is the best string I've used.
From: Julio, Murrieta, CA, USA. 4/11
USTA Rating: 4.5

Comments: I used this string on a K Factor Six-One Tour, with the previous string being Wilson Sensation 16. I decided to string the Pro Hurricane Tour at 60lbs versus 58 for the Sensation and it was a completely different feel. The Pro Hurricane Tour felt like I was hitting with a board and it required me to take big cuts at the ball. When you hit it just right the feel is good and you can still generate a good amount of power, but I would say go at least 5 lbs lower than what you were used to, especially if this is your first polyester string. Also, it's not very friendly as far as shock is concerned, so if you have any arm issues this may be one to stay away from unless if you go really low on the tension.
From: Jaime, Lafayette, LA, USA. 4/11

Comments: This string is awesome it's very control oriented and helps anyone to play with topspin; it's very good and you can play with it a long time.
From: M.saeed, Syria, 01/11

Comments: Two words: Sick string. I loved it from head to toe. Great balance of power, and it's very hard to over- hit with it. And with four hours of playing, still hasn't broken. Highly recommended!
From: Chris, Miami, FL, USA, 12/10

Comments: I love, love, love this string! I have it strung on both my racquets the aero pro drive gt and the pure drive gt it gives me such good spin and speed especially on my serves I am a junior varsity player and this is the string that will help me make varsity.
From: Dania, Maple Grove, MN, USA. 07/10

Comments: Have just tried these strings when the Alu Power Rough strings I was using broke. I now have 2 identical racquets (Wilson nPro) each with one each of these string types so can do a side-by-side comparison. Alu Power rough would seem to have more intrinsic power but the Pro Hurricane Tour offers more spin from a similar swing. I've found that the added spin of Pro Hurricane Tour actually lets me hit a more aggressive shot and still land in court, so in practice delivers more challenging shots to my opponent. Balancing that, I think Alu Power Rough has slightly better feel for the low energy shots.
From: James, Manchester, UK. 7/10

Comments: I have played with Luxilon alu for years. I tried the pro hurricane before. It was not a powerful. And, it is not as powerful. However, the control and spin is amazing. It also has touch, which I could not get from Luxilon - too much spring. This string as spring and touch. So, I can volley very well, with power and control. I strung my head radical microgel at 55 lbs. I believe it is lower. The ball really stays on the racquet, which I like. I'm a 5.5 player. I love these strings because I can crush returns with my two handed back hand. I can also slice with my one handed back hand. My serve is just as powerful as it was with Luxilon. However, I really have to have the correct technique. By the way, my friend switched and he loves them. His game is serve and volley.
From: Julias, Woodland Hills, CA, USA. 07/10

Comments: I have tried a lot of strings but when I tried the Pro Hurricane Tour you get tons of topspin and you can hit those hard power ball without losing control because of the spin on the ball.
From: Anson, union city, california. 4/10

Comments: This is an awesome string! Only took about 20 minutes to break in. I really felt it improved all of my shots. What was most impressive was the spin. My slices stayed so low that they almost seemed to roll. The topspin was great too, especially on my forehand side. The shot that really felt incredible however, even though I usually don't use it often was my forehand topspin lob. Every time I tried it against my opponent it landed 3 inches inside the baseline, and he had no chance of getting the ball (he got really annoyed).Bottom line, if you're thinking about getting this string, get it right now, you won't regret it. P.S they look awesome too
From: Dale, OHIO 02/10

Comments: I am a college player and I use this string in the mains of my Babolat Pure Drive GT+ racquets. I string my own racquets as hybrids with Tecnifibre E-Matrix in the crosses with both sets of strings at 61lbs. It takes about a solid half hour of play to get them broken in together, but they are great together. I have never had this string break in the mains, however my crosses tend to fray after much use and, therefore, eventually break.
From: David, Adrian, MI, USA. 2/10

Comments: I used to use this string a long time ago in my Babolat aero pro drive+. The spin was untouchable, and the durability is unbelievable. However the string does lack feel, but what do you expect from a poly? Best setup I found with this string was to put it in the mains and string the crosses with Babolat xcel premium. The spin was still incredible, and the feel improved dramatically. Only downfall is that the xcel will break rather quickly and is pricy. A cheaper, almost as good alternative for me, was to use wilson sensation in the crosses instead.
From: Zach B, Tampa, Fl USA 02/10

Comments: Great string. I have been using this for the past 1 year. I haven't broken one string yet but had to re- string as they loose tension after couple og months. I am a heavy top spinner but impresses to see these strings hold good for 1.5 months. I strongly recommend for top spinners for awesome durability and extra pop.
From: Kay Kay V, Jax, FL, USA 01/10

Comments: Pro Hurricane Tour is the best string ever. I use a Wilson nCODE six.one. 95 18*20 racquet. The combination of this string and my racquet is awsome. This string is for players who love to hit the ball hard and who love to play with top spin. I would recommend anyone to buy it. Go for it...!
From: Ranjiv, Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, India 12/09

Comments: From what I said last time, now I think this string is actually pretty good. You just have to play with it for awhile then it's great.
From: Brian, Temecula, CA, USA 12/09

Comments: I hit 20 hard topspin forehands with this string and Wilson k pro team FX racquet and did not miss one. I recommend it for topspin players.
From: Jonathan, Miami FL 11/09

Comments: Great string! I have a Wilson K Six One Tour 90 and it is already a stiff racket, which I like, but, these strings after a couple weeks have held up very well. The tension has stayed tight and I have a big western forehand grip, around where Nadal's is, so I naturally hit with a lot of spin and the strings have not moved almost at all. They have nice pop, ball bite, and the right amount of control to a point where I can still hit with a lot of power when I choose to and it spins in heavy and its a great shot. All in all it is a great string, I highly recommend for any type of player!
From: Mack, Chicago, IL, USA 10/09

Comments: After stringing my Head Liquidmetal Radical with these strung in the mains and the NXT in the crosses, I was fairly impressed. Previously I used Big Banger mains. The only difference was a lot more bite on my forehand. Same power. Same durability. Whole new world of spin. Buy it! You won't regret it.
From: gael, chicago, illinois. 8/09

Comments: I've noticed PHT plays alot better in a hybrid. I loved it in the mains with Xcel in the crosses but my Xcel broke in 8-10 hours of play and now I am breaking full PHT in about 12-14 hours. I am switching to ALU power Rough, and have hit with it once and liked it ALOT.
From: Conner, SD, USA. NTRP 4.0-4.5. 08/09

Comments: Great string. Alot of more spin and bite on the ball. Loses tension and starts notching soon is only con. Helped me win backdraw. Hybrid with syn. And your set, but all poly is still good just loss of touch.
From: Matthew, Canton, GA 07/09

Comments: Put this in my Prince TT Response @ 60 lbs. Was getting good kick when playing topspin. Very nice drift on the slice backhand. Durability could be better. Very nice feel and highly responsive to flattened returns.
From: Rohan, Sydney, NSW, Australia. 7/09

Comments: This string is very good for spin and durability. It has a lot more pop than Xcel. Not as comfortable as the VS or Tonic but more power and as just much control. My preference is a Tonic/Pro Hurricane Tour hybrid for that natural gut feel but more durable than solely VS and less expensive. Overall The durability on the PHT is unmatched. Always strung at 58.
From: Graham, San Jose, CA USA. 7/09

Comments: Don't be fooled. This string will not give you "10x more kick" or "massive topspin" it gives a little bit more spin and may help if you're missing long by a foot or two, but don't be fooled into thinking you'll have nadal spin. It looses tension quickly and is kind of slippery so you really have to pull up with it when you first start using it. I personally like the prince synthetic multifilament 17 gauge, it's not as durable but hey it's almost half the price and much better quality. I found these to not make a huge difference in my spinny game. This stuff is bad ball don't waste the money.
From: Shawn, USA 07/09

Comments: Sadly, I took my Pro Hurricane Tour strings to the pro shop to string, and he broke them while stringing so he strung for me a Babolat VS natural gut string free of charge. After the strings broke, I asked the pro to once again string a set of Pro Hurricane tour and now, I feel like a pro on my APDC because my control has been amazingly better, my shots are producing more topspin, and my serves kick 10X more on my second serve. This string is fabulous, buy it and try for yourself, what have you got to lose?
From: John, CA, USA 06/09

Comments: Performance is outstanding, feel is poor. I've used this string many times and sometimes I need to use two rubber bands to dampen the pinging sound. But, that doesn't stop me from ripping huge topspin forehands thanks to the spin you get from these strings. Swing long and swing hard and you're rewarded off both wings. Serve wasn't my best shot with these strings, but I could swing hard and kick it like crazy and serve with a high %. Great string for a poly. I'd like to compare it side-by-side with Luxilon alu rough. 8 out of 10

Comments: This string is okay. Tough to break and gets some spin, but not much power. Should mix with natural gut to get some power.
From: Brian, Denver, CO, USA 06/09

Comments: This is the best string that I've ever had! I use a SixOne Team and I string this string at 58 pounds. It has the best spin when I'm serving as well as topspin.
From: Matt, Lakemont, Washington, USA. 6/09

Comments: Good spin and power in my opinion perfect strings...but I know people who have broken them a lot but they moved to the 17 gauge and have had no more problems.
From: Dillon, McHenry, IL, U.S.A. 04/09

Comments: Well I tried these strings a long time ago, I do remeber the phenoominal amount of spin and power you could easily get, the ball biting action from the strings was amazing. But i was a heavy spin player at the time when I used them so I just blasted all of my shots with heavy spin and the topspin was amazing. BUT it does play very stiff, and you can't feel much from the ball, and even worst, they died out after a few weeks, and just remained dead on my string bed. I prefer prince tour alot more.
From: My, Westminster, CA, USA. 04/09

Comments: I think that this is the best string offered. I used to use Head Control strings and I broke them almost once a week. Then after buying the Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Racquet I started using this string. That was about 2 years ago, and I have broken them a total of two times, so they are the best when it come to durability. As far as using spin this string has been the best. I am a very aggressive topspin player and I use a kick serve for both first and second. I plan to use these strings for as long as I play tennis.
From: A.J. Anderson, Huachuca City, AZ, USA 4/09

Comments: This string is really nice but it is a little stiff, it needs some breakin in to do before the strings full potential comes out. I played in a lot of tournaments; I'm 17 and the string helped me out a lot in the playoffs.
From: Liam, St.Charles Missouri, Usa. 04/09

Comments: Amazing string. Very soft for a poly. A lot of pop and spin. String it at 56 lbs. Love this string.
From: Gerard, Metro Manila, Philippines. 3/09

Comments: Pretty good string. Its OK. Good control. Needs some more durability. BUT in MY Opinion the best string would be a hybrid of pro hurricane at the crosses and BIG Banger at the mains. MAKES The best HYBRID EVER!
From: John Paul, Texas, USA. 3/09

Comments: I've been using this string for 3 months now after not playing for awhile. I broke 4 strings in this time period. The durability is great. On the other hand I just tried a different string (Addiction) and it makes this feel like playing with a plank of wood, no feel, no spin, no power, no control.
From: John, Topeka, Kansas, USA. 3/09

Comments: I play Division 1 in Adelaide. I tried this string in a blend with Pro Hurricane in the crosses at 55 pounds. It is very stiff but I didn't notice. Overall it is a really good string for topspin and to flatten it out a bit more. It allows me to whip the ball in the caught with massive spin. One of the best strings I have used.
From: Alex, Adelaide. 3/09

Comments: I think this is a amazing string, it doesn't feel like it's a full poly string. I play with a heavy topspin, never do I hit with a flat shot, and that is where this string isn't for everybody. You must hit with spin otherwise a flat ball will go long. I string my Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex with this at 57 lbs, and also my back up Babolat Pure Drive at 57 lbs with this string as well. I haven't decided whether or not to go hybrid, because I am very pleased with this stringbed already. I actually bought the 660 foot reel of this string, so I'm probably going to be sticking with this set up for a while. I'm a 4.5 level college player.
From: Chris, Riverside, CA. 2/09

Comments: No doubt it is a very harsh string, I strung at 50lbs with prince softflex in the crosses to mitigate what I expcted to be a harsh string, 8-10 lbs lower than my normal 58-60. It felt like playing with a wooden plank like many reviewers have noticed...maybe I'll try it at 40? Overall the power was fine, but the sensation was awful.
From: Zaf B, Washington, DC, USA,

Comments: I used it on a Head Microgel Extreme Pro @61 lbs as mains. At first I felt like I was hitting with a wooden board. It was very stiff and harsh. But after 2 hours of play, it got softer. Then I got very good control and spin. If you are a player searching heavy topspin with good control and power, this string is the one for you.
From: Ozan, Turkey. 12/08

Comments: I use this string at 42lbs on my Drive Z Oversize and I get just what I am looking for - excellent power and control. Comfort is good and spin is good. Probably won't switch.

Comments: This string is way too harsh. I string tight at about 62 lbs. With a rubber band I still had an unpleasant twanging sound when the ball came off the stringbed. Spin is still fantastic and there's decent power. A good string if you use a racquet at least 12.6 oz or something so it can dampen the string. I can't believe Nadal uses this string and such a light racquet.

Comments: This is the best string ever, the first time I hit with it I said to myself is it possible to get this much spin. No wonder Nadal has so much topspin. This also has great power, and control. I wish they had this in light blue, white, or silver. But I'm still probably never gonna switch.
From: Shazeb, New Jersey, U.S.A. 9/08

Comments: Excellent string, but they're very harsh on the arm. With an open string pattern and a 12 oz weight, I still have to use two dampeners. A rubber band and a Sampras O dampener. With just the rubber band I still got elbow pain so I put the Sampras on it. Great string, though. It's very stiff, lots of control, amazing spin, an overall good string if you like to hit with very annoying spin.

Comments: Wow best string ever. Amazing power and control. Feel is the best with this string. You can hit the ball when it's coming really fast and no shock and no vibration. The only thing I can say with this string is that I see why Rafa Nadal and Andy Roddick uses it. Oh and in a serve that you hit not so good this string forgives. I recommend using this in mains and crosses at 58 lbs. with Babolat AeroPro Drive with cortex .
From: Daniel Ch., Eagle Pass, Tx. 9/08

Comments: This string has 3 phases. First it is stiff and you need to break it in ( about 2 hours of break in time). The second phase is when the string is at its best. Awsome power and spin. I can see why Nadal uses this string, all your topspin shots stay in the court. If the string was like this the whole time, I would never switch string. But the string lasts too long and becomes dead and hard on the arm. My string would not break even after 2 months. So overall the string gets about a 6/10.
From: Clinton, Marion, IA, USA. 9/08

Comments: This string is perfect for me. I use it with a Prince 03 Speedport Red, and it gives my second serve a lot of power and spin. I have been using these for 3 weeks and they are still great. I am 13 and I play in some national Australian tournaments. This string is the best I have ever tried. If you want more power and you are not a flat player, then get these!
From: Jamie, Melbourne, Vic, Australia. 9/08

Comments: These are the best strings I have ever played with. They're not that good when you're a flat hitter but they are excellent when you hit topspin. They have got lots of spin and power and control. I'm 12 and in div 2 and a baseliner who uses a fair bit of topspin. I use a Head Flexpoint Instinct Team. Great for serves and volleys and excellent for groundstrokes.
From: Jake, Australia, SA. 9/08a

Comments: The best string in the world so much power, comfort, spin, accuracy, and durability no wonder Nadal can get so much spin.
From: michael, riyadh, saudi arabia. 9/08

Comments: So far these are the best strings that I have tried. When you buy them don't be too bummed if they aren't great at first because they do have about a two-day break-in period. Just play for like 6-8 hours and they become great. Spin is phenomenal, power and control are mixed well, and durability is the best aspect. My last set lost its tension after about 90 hours of play without even fraying. Bottom line, buy them if you hit with topspin or slice, you will not be disappointed.
From: Tyler, Marengo, Il, US. 8/08
Tension: 57
Racquet: Wilson Kfactor Kblade Tour 93

Comments: These strings acted a bit strange for me. When I initially got them strung at 58lbs I did not like it for the first few matches I played. They seemed to be stiff and unresponsive (I had previously played with Wilson Sensation.) I was able to get good spin, however, on all shots. After a few matches they seemed to loosen up and play livelier.

Comments: Thus far these are the worst poly strings I have tested. First, the positive aspects-durability was outstanding. These strings lasted me longer than any other strings I have played with including kevlar, control was ok. Subsequently it was Niagra Falls. Power, comfort and tension stability were all below average/poor. Worst of all spin potential was also poor, which was the reason I bought these strings in the first place. I am a 4.5 player who hits with heavy topspin on both sides. I felt like I was hitting with a paddle, the strings felt dead no matter what I tried, and I tried just about everything(changed tension several times,applied lead tape and different vibration dampeners) to no avail. Judging by the other reviews these strings may be suitable for some players but not for me.
From: RCA, New York, ny. 8/08

Comments: This string and the Yonex RDS 001 mid is the perfect match... It suits topspin players and flat. It has a lot of spin for topspin, and for flat, well you can't hit totally flat without the ball going in so if you just swing flat, it will get jus the right minimum amount of spin you need and great power. Stung at 60 lbs.
From: anon, bay area. 8/08

Comments: These strings are super-durable, and they barely move at all. I'm a heavy topspinner and used to break other strings every month on playing 3 times a week. However, I've had these strings for over 3 months and they still look the same. I honestly don't think I could not tell tension loss in a racquet so I won't pretend to do so. I try switching to the 17 gauge but I've gotten tennis elbow since then, it might be too stiff or the racquet I have is too stiff. Either way that might be a concern if you have arm problems switch to the 17 gauge, because polyesters are in general pretty stiff I have read.
From: Den, Oakland, CA. 7/08

Comments: I strung this on my Babolat AeroPro Drive cortex at 59 and at first I didn't like them at all but then after 2 days I noticed that I wasn't doing a full swing at the ball. After that these strings became amazing, lots of control and topspin shots are crazy. If you want these strings, you need to have a full swing, and you will hit balls so hard without them being long. I'm a 5.0 player.
From: Jordi, Plymouth, Minnesota, US. 7/08

Comments: Not a bad string. Babolat has made something to rival Luxilon's popular co-poly range. Great spin, good control, maybe more pop than the Luxilon ALU. Really good string overall. I prefer it in a hybrid with a soft playable multifilament like Tecnifibre X-One Bi-Phase, which combines great playability with great spin and control.
From: Brandon, NJ, USA. 7/08

Comments: Very spin friendly and durable. Manages to pocket the ball while still feeling quite crisp. Only downside is very poor tension holding and a loss of all feel after only about 10 hours of hitting. I enjoy it strung around 54 lbs with Babolat Superfine Play Crosses. Polyfibre TCS Rapid holds tension must better and maintains playability longer.
From: Jason, Washington, DC. 6/08

Comments: This string is great for me. I switched from a hybrid of Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 with Xcel. This string is good because it does generate a lot of spin. I have a little trouble at the net because this is more powerful than my last strings, but I am generally a baseliner. It also generates a lot of power in addition to spin. I like it because it has a polyester feel, but has power, too.
From: Sam, Hampstead, Maryland, United States. 6/08

Comments: If you want more spin and more, this is the best choice you can get. And don't make tension too high.
From: Hassan R, Canada - Iran. 6/08

Comments: I used to play with Luxilon ALU Power, and I decided to give these strings a shot after switching to a new racket (Babolat Pure Drive). I played with Luxilon for more than 3 years, and 6 months with the Babolat string. In my honest opinion, this string doesn't even come close to Luxilon. It has a nice feel and generates decent spin, but the Luxilon is the best string I ever played with. The ball just flies with way more spin. Serves are a lot better. I'm going back to Luxilon. With the Luxilon, the ball goes like a missile.
From: James, Orlando, FL, USA. 6/08

Comments: Excellent power to begin with, but it dies away with time. It has great control, great spin, great power, but serves lacked power. But still a great string.
From: Rob, NZ. 4/08

Comments: Great string! It took a good 8 to 9 hours to break in, but after that it is incredible in everything except volleys, although it may just be my sub-par net play.
From: Collin, Minnesota, USA. 3/08

Comments: Here's the deal with these type of strings. Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power is good for a softer feeling with power. This string, however, is much better for the crisp feeling you get when you brush the ball, and it has much more spin. If you hit with spin, this is the string for you. If you hit flat, Luxilon is for you.

Comments: Wow, I loved these strings. I combined it with Babolat Thermo Gut and, man, was it good. I took about 1-2 weeks to break it in. Not the best strings for a crisp volley, but at baseline they respond well, especially if you are one of those players that hit a lot of flat balls in a rally. Good long-lasting string!
From: Sidd, Illinois. 1/08

Comments: This is an extremely low-powered string. I use K Six-One Tour 90 and it's a disaster. I play about 3 times a week at 2 hours each session. It took 4 weeks to break in. After break in, it feels slightly better. It allows more spin on serves due to the octagonal shape. Do not use this in a low-powered racket like Tour 90.
From: Lionel, Singapore. 1/08

Comments: There are two words that sum up this string: power and spin. Players without tennis arm who are looking for more power and spin should try this string.
From: John, Fort Worth, TX. 12/07

Comments: This string is the best when it comes to a hybrid. I have tried many hybrids such as Babolat VS natural gut, Prince synthetic gut. This string has lasted me a long time, and I had strung it 2 over max on my Pure Control Plus. I highly recommend these strings when it comes to a hybrid.
From: Jo, Hayward, CA, USA. 11/07

Comments: Great strings. I love the topspin the octagonal design gives. It puts more margin on my second serve. Babolat, well done.
From: Colton, Sherwood, AR, USA. 11/07

Comments: This is a bad string for player with tennis elbow. After a few weeks, my shoulder and arm hurt whenever I hit with it
From: Vinh, Houston, TX, US. 11/07

Comments: Simply amazing as cosses with Gamma Synthetic Gut 16 on my Prince O3 Hybrid! I'm a top 12 year old player.
From: Matt, Canada. 10/07

Comments: These Strings are awesome. I had a problem with the durability of my other strings so I needed a string that could last long and these are it. They never lose tension and you get crazy topspin. They last you at least for a month and the strings never tear, I can't see myself using any other strings besides the Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour
From: Michael, Indio, CA, USA. 5/07

Comments: Dude!!!!! No words can describe this awesome string. With all the old string like the Prince Synthetic Duraflex I get absolutely, no feel, any power. But this string is powerful and a excellent amount of ball bite. I would very highly recommend this string to big spin and power hitters.
From: Victor, Tampa, FL, USA. 4/07

Comments: I have been reading these strings feedback and most of them were great! So I decided to buy them. I got my racquet strung and I went to the tennis courts looking forward to see how I would hit. I hit terrible. My balls are flatter and don't have much topspin. The only good thing about these strings would have to be the control. I think I am better off sticking with Prince strings.
From: Mageret. 3/07

Comments: These strings are simply GREAT! I played with it for a month before it popped, but I am already ordering another pack. To fix the durability of the string I'll use a string saver. I would recommend these strings to any player who's in for spin and power.
From: Anon., 2/07

Comments: Excellent string and much improvement in my game coming from the Pro Hurricane 17 I used before on mains with VS touch 17 on crosses. Now I put the Pro Hurricane Tour 16 on mains with VS Touch 16 on crosses on my Wilson nSix-One Tour 90 and started at 27/25KG respectively, currently at 29/26KG in tension. One thing is for sure, the higher the tension the better the feel. Solid groundstrokes, outstanding power and spin, and excellent control. But beware of the tension loss. I feel the string loses it after a few hours of playing strong. Other than that great! Just great!!!! You can feel the difference from the first stroke.
From: Stavros, Dubai. 11/06

Comments: Great string. I found lots of access to spin. The string is a lot like luxilon big banger, the texture is very similar. But, this string has so much more bite and control on the ball. It also has good power, a little too much for my taste. Overall a great string.
From: Patrick, 11/06

Comments: ONE OF THE BEST STRINGS OUT THERE!! The pop and feel of the ball was wicked. The bite, spin, and power coming off the string is unbelievable. I take big cuts at the ball and each time the ball shoot through the court. GREAT STRING for a reasonable price.
From: AJ, Ocean County, NJ, USA. 10/06

Comments: AMAZING STRING!!! Once I bounced the ball of the racquet I knew I knew I would get a great result. The power, the spin, and the durability is unbelievable. The strings never move. I�m a hard hitter with heavy shots. This string allows you to swing freely and still keep the ball in. ONE GREAT STRING!!
From: AJ, NJ, USA. 10/06

Comments: The Pro Hurricane Tour strings are amazing. The first time I played with these strings I was shocked by how much power and spin these help generate. These also feel great paired with VS gut on the crosses.
From: Brian, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 10/06

Comments: I have just tried this string and it is by far the best string Babolat has come up with so far. I know there will be many comparisons between this one and Luxilon BB alu power, I have used BB for 3 years and this is definitely better, better feel/control, more spin and about same power. So if you like big banger type of strings, this is a better switch and is cheaper. Hurricane protour 16 gauge is more durable but 17 gauge gives better feel/spin. As far as Rafael switching to Pro Hurricane tour, he is still experimenting with it right now, he was still using Babolat Duralast at the US open, but I hear that he is experimenting in switching to this, but I am not so sure if he will do it, since he likes titanium like durability in his string and very low power.
From: James, Chicago, IL, USA. 10/06

Comments: I loved these strings. A local country club ran out of my usual string (Luxilon Alu Power Rough and NXT Max) and strung it up with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour and NXT Max instead. It feels like I get more of a bite into the ball with these strings. These strings feel great.
From: Alan, Corpus Christi, TX, USA. 10/06

Comments: Be careful before choosing this string. I switched from the regular Pro Hurricane to this one, and did NOT like it. It's a great string if you ALWAYS play topspin, and you want to generate power with the spin. However, if you prefer hitting flat and only use spin occasionally, you may have problems with this string. A lot of times I tried to hit flat but ended up producing a topspin stroke. The string grips to the ball so much that it's hard to hit flat properly. As a result, although I could put the ball consistently into the opponent's court, often the ball did not go to the location I wanted with the speed I wanted.
From: William, Montreal, CAN. 10/06

Comments: I just strung this on my flex radical and prestige since they are both very similar except for weight and swing weight. I strung them with pro hurricane tour at 55 on the mains and vs natural gut at 57. Great pop on serve. Only thing bad I would say is the fly. At times, it could fly especially when tested on radical. Overall, great string to test. Used to use lux alu power. Big difference, so I might stay with this.
From: Hugh, Doulgaston, NY, USA. 10/06

Comments: The string is fantastic! It has so much spin on the ball, I was hitting groundstrokes that were kicking up over people's heads! Wonderful durability as well. Strung in a Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus @ 58lbs.
From: Chip, Asheville, NC, USA. 10/06