Comments: This racquet is amazing. Great control, power, and comfort. Nice flex to the racquet when crushing groundies and a nice touch around the net. I have either owned or demo'd every Babolat racquet there was since the Pure Drive Standards and this one is the best in my opinion. The weight is perfect and a 330 sw and is money when it comes to returning a hard hit ball. Great job Babolat!
From: Clint, 3/13
String type and tension: Gosen 16 at 57 lbs

Comments: Results don't lie, and with this racquet I was bageling people who used to crush me in straights. It gives good topspin and control and a nice plow through for its weight. A fantastic stick!
From: Jon, 10/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 56 lbs

Comments: My word. This was my first true "player's" racquet, and boy, was it a inconsistent hot mess. I loved and hated this racquet after I fully developed my game. The benefits were everywhere, power on reserve, incredibly whippy feel, excellent control, so much spin, and far away one of my favorite, if second all time favorite Babolat racquet! (Sorry, Pure Storm Ltd takes the cake). This racquet just fitted my game perfectly. But then the problems started to show. Lack of put away flatness. Low plow through. Too soft of a pocket. String sensitive. And that Babolat feel. (Muted, but still solid). I felt the unique sweet spot like Chris mentioned in the review, but again, I hit higher up on the string bed now and that just didn't work anymore. For a 98 square inch racquet, it's quite unforgiving, even less forgiving then a Head Prestige or Speed Pro. Huge drop off in power outside the sweet spot, and a really jarring feel there as well. The whole two year ride was a up and down, topsy turvy experience, but for my first true racquet, I'd say I didn't do to bad. Still my favorite Aero racquet to date. Babolat, I'll be looking for that Aero Storm Ltd soon! Don't let me down! I should have done this review 2 years ago.
String type and tension: Kirschbaum P2 Red, 52 lbs

Comments: I have to admit, I'm a Babolat racquet junkie and over the last 8 months I've played with the APDGT, 2012 PDR and the ASGTT. All racquets are great for the right type of player but for me the ASGTT is the perfect stick. IMO, the APDGT did not have enough stability/plow through. The PDR was just too powerful. The ASGTT gives me the perfect blend of both racquets, excellent stability, great combination of power/control and surprising ability to produce spin. I was concerned with the 16/20 string pattern as I'm used to playing with 16/19 and love hitting topspin... Well if you're anything like me, don't worry about the lack of spin production because it's all there with added control! If you're an all court player and like the feel of Babolat racquets, you have to try the ASGTT!
String Type: Solinco Tour Bite 16 main/17 crosses

Comments: This is by far the most powerful racquet I have ever played with. For the power, the racquet is surprisingly maneuverable at net. It provides a significant pop when serving. As a former collegiate player, I have used many different sticks and this one sets itself above all of the rest.
From: Kaycee, 4/12
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast, 57 lbs

Comments: This is a really great stick!!I have been looking for the "perfect" stick for my game. I have tried playing with Wilson BLX 6.1 95...too stiff...tried the Head Prestige MP...no feel. I'm old school; combination eastern/continental grip, flat hitter with an all-around game. The first thing notable was the plow-thru with this stick and the great feel! My forehands are deep, powerful and penetrating...a perfect stick for my one-handed backhand...the control and placement with this stick is awesome...volleys could be put away with power or feathered over by drop shot from the baseline...I think this is a stick that is overlooked by many players because of the popularity of the APDC, and the fact that Rafa uses that particular model but if you're an all-around player that wants to hit shots with variety. This is a stick you should consider.
From: Kd, 2/12

Comments: I have been playing with this for past 6 months. I now own 2. This is a great racquet with nice power and control. It does everything perfectly. It improved my slice, BH, FH and serve. It is great racquet for all court play. FH- it gives you good spin, with nice ball bite, due to 16x20 pattern also this racquet has nice string density at the middle to assist Flat hitting. This is one such racquet that I can use both for flattening out and for putting spin. Also the reserve FH is perfect with this stick. BH- is so stable and I play 2 hander. The stiff racquet shaft assists in hitting solid BH. Regarding serve, this racquet is excellent and I can hit both kick and flat serve easily. Also at net I hardly miss any volley due to lack of stability of racquet. I am not a great volleyer, but I can play like one using this.
From: Sreeram, 2/12

Comments: This is an excellent racquet. For the control seeking player out there I can only recommend this. Its weight makes it nice a sturdy stick and the control you get off this frame is unreal. The balance is good, the more you play with it the more you love it. The only negative thing I can say is that the paint chips off a bit more easily than you think, as in it just falls off in places.... HOWEVER its a great racquet and I can only recommend that you give it a demo at the very least.
From: Christian, 2/12

Comments: Just bought the AeroPro Tour GT - fantastic! This is the racket I've been looking for the last 10 years. It comes in right around 12 oz., 6 pts. headlight - solid enough for hard drives and volleys, plenty of weight to clobber a big serve. On top of that, plenty of feel and smooth, comfortable power. This is the best!! Go buy one.
From: Terry "The Ripper", 1/12
String type and tension: Volkl Pro 17, 55 lbs

Comments: This racquet is amazing! I used the Babolat Pure Storm Limited before this and loved it, but this racquet is a little more head heavy and more flexible which is what I needed. My shoulders don't hurt after I hit with it either unlike the Pure Storm I used before. It has good power and great control. After demoing it for about two weeks, I am switching to it.
String type and tension: Luxilon Big Banger and Gamma Professional at 56 and 58 lbs

Comments: It gives excellent feel, control,spin, and all around movement. It's great for serves and down the line shots, and gives wicked power and speed every time. I prefer Solinco Barb Wire or Outlast for strings.
From: Michael. 5/11

Comments: Stability, control, and feel are the key words when it comes to the Aero Storm Tour GT. The stability provided superbly solid groundstrokes and volleys, while the control and feel provided confidence to put every shot away. Flat serves felt great, but kick and slice serves were lacking the spin that makes them so advantageous on clay courts, especially. I tend to favor a 16x19 string pattern, so I found the 16x20 string pattern to be best for flat groundstrokes as opposed to the usual extreme spin on my reverse forehand and one-handed backhand. All in all, the Aero Storm Tour GT has excellent feel and control, as well as stability, but spin and maneuverability were lacking. This racquet combines the good elements of my AeroPro Drive GT and the Pure Storm GT, but the difficult spin generation was a big turnoff for me.
From: Patrick, Charlotte, NC, USA, 03/11
String type and tension: Multifilament @ whatever TW strung their demo with

Comments: The Babolat Aero Storm Tour GT is a nice blend of old and new, giving plenty of spin, but still able to execute offensive returns with ease. The new light rackets are very unstable and unless you hit the sweetspot, good luck hitting a return when your opponent is serving bombs. On hard courts if you can't return a hard serve you are done - so you better have a stable racket! This racket is also headlight, so even though it's heavy, it doesn't feel that way when you are swinging your strokes. If you have some game this racket will give you control, spin and stability on your strokes. Nice job Babolat.
From: Marty, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast - 56lbs.
Headsize: 98"

Comments: I demoed this racquet, and it was awful. I couldn't feel the ball at all. I would look around after hitting a shot because I didn't know if I hit it or not. It is extremely low powered. I'm a junior, but my K Blade Tour has more power. There just isn't enough mass in the head of the racquet for plow-through. I'll be sticking to my kblade tour.
From: Zuri, NC, USA, 01/11
NTRP Rating: Tournament Playing Junior

Comments: I switched from the BLX six-one 95 18X20. It was a smaller difference than I had expected. It took a while to adjust to the difference in swing weight and also doesn't even have close to the same bite on the slice or volleys that the Wilson had. The serve had a bit more pop and the groundstrokes were more effortless but tended to go long more often. I switched to this racket to get a little more power without sacrificing too much control to help solve a cramping problem in my hands and it seems to have the effect that I needed, but for the advanced player I would recommend Wilson because of its greater feel.
From: Mike, Haymarket, VA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone 17
NTRP Rating: D-1 College Player

Comments: I have been playing with Babolats for the past 4 years - Pure Drive, APD Cortex, and for the past 6 months APD GT. About 3 weeks ago I switched to the Aero Storm Tour GT. This one has much more control than my previous Babolats. I play doubles and singles. In doubles the Aero Storm Tour GT allows me to hit precisely-placed shots. In singles, where one tends to use more topspin to keep the opponent at the baseline, the AST GT gives me the stability to return an opponent's most heavily-spun shots. All I have to do is to imagine where the ball will land right before hitting, and it will end up quite close to target. This helps build confidence, especially in a game situation. In general, although my shots have less spin now compared to when I had the APD GTs, they now travel across the net a lot faster and heavier. My APD GTs had 10 grams of lead added but still the plow-through does not come close to that of the AST GT.
The APD Cortex and APD GT may feel more lively and exciting to hit with, especially in practice sessions where one is most relaxed and take big, flashy swings at the ball. In a match situation though, the AST GT is much more reliable: you can still take big cuts at the ball without spraying it. It is the tennis equivalent for "drive for show, putt for dough"!
The AST GT feels (and looks) boring next to the APD GT, but for players who have reasonable strength, they will find that the AST GT can get the job done. All day long.
From: DH, Hong Kong, China, 12/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code - 61lbs
Headsize: 98sq in

Comments: I am a big fan of Tennis Warehouse and I recently relocated to Thailand. I've just got this racquet to replace my AK90 due to small head size. I strung both with Solinco Tour Bite 17 at 57lbs. (I used the same string and same tension on my AK90) I found that the sweet spot is very generous. I have to put a lot less power and effort to hit when comparing to my AK90. I also feel that this racquet is very stiff. I have to put a serious vibration damping on. (I have a tiny piece of rubber band for AK90) Instead of replacing my AK90, I decided to keep both racquet because AK90 still offering exceptional feel, touch and control while Babolat are good for a long game.
From: Pat, Khon Kaen, Thailand, 11/10
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite 17
NTRP Rating: 3-4

Comments: This racket is great. Switching from a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex this racket has much more control. Even though it has a 16 by 20 string pattern I have felt that I am able to generate more spin than with my AeroPro Drive because I am able to take a bigger cut at the ball without fear of hitting out. This racket has less, but not so much less that I want more. This racket has me swinging for the lines on every shot. This racket is good from all areas of the court.
From: Christopher, Exeter, NH, USA, 08/10
String type and tension:mains Babolat pro hurricane tour 17 gauge 61 lbs, crosses Tecnifibre black code 18 gauge 61 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5.0

Comments: I demoed this stick and the older 2008 version, Aero Storm Tour Cortex (ASTC). Using same strings (Tecnifibre NRG 16) in both sticks, I tended to prefer the 2008 model (ASTC-the red, heavier Tour model, TW has it listed as 12.1 ounces but that may be a bit heavy since the unstrung model is 11.3 ounces). I think the big thing is that the 2008 model is 6 points head light and the new Aero Storm Tour GT is 10 points head light. Yes 10 points, not the 6 points as listed (look on the racquet TW) (That is the unstrung spec on the racquet, CJ. We publish strung specs. TW STaff). I felt that the racquet felt too light and 'whippy.' I definitely felt the extra stiffness as well. I think at some degree of head lightness, you lose the 'plow' through the ball and the 'mass' of the racquet head. I think the GT part of the new frame may be more a marketing thing. I just started playing with the ASTC so I will probably have to give it some time to make sure this is not a 'honeymoon' thing. That being said, I love the ASTC so far and it is on sale because it is a discontinued model. It is really a comfortable feeling racquet.
From: CJ, Dayton, OH, USA. 7/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre NRG 16
(CJ, the balance rating printed on the racquet is an unstrung spec. We measure strung racquets for our published specs. Once strung, the racquet will be less head light. -- TW Staff)

Comments: Great players stick, an awesome blend of power, control and spin (although that might have had something to do with the string I use - RPM Blast). Perfect stability for groundies and great slice shots, really impressed!!
From: Aidan, OH, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast - 58lbs
Headsize: 100sq in

Comments: This racquet is the perfect blend of power and control at the same time. This racquet is like a hybrid for advanced players! With the control, feel, and weight of a pro racquet, but also with the light balance and pop of a lightweight hybrid, this racquet is a winner!
From: Asher. 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 16; 56 lbs.

Comments: Right after school, I got home and I went to grab my new racquet. What was this racquet? The new Aero Storm GT. I'm very happy I got this racquet. I hit pretty flat and with this racquet I had no trouble with at all.
From: Ben, Albuquerque, NM. 5/10
String type and tension: Gamma TNT Tour 2 59 main 57 cross, I think

Comments: Unstoppable. This racquet has helped me win tournaments over and over....great 4 players who have a well rounded game.
From: aidan, colorado. 4/10
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 62

Comments: Babolat AeroStorm Tour * In my playtest I had a chance to try out both the Babolat AeroStorm Tour and the Prince EXO3 Ignite Team. Therefore you will see a comparison of the two racquets throughout my review. *This is the 'bare necessities' version of my review. I plan to go into further detail when I have more time. Current Racquet: Gamma T-7, 4 1/2" grip, rubber band dampener, one overgrip, Tecnifibre Black Code 1.24mm @ 56 pounds, Babolat Addiction 1.30mm @ 58 pounds Style of Play: 4.0-4.5 all court player; full western forehand grip; two-handed backhand; heavy topspin and slice from both sides; medium length strokes; fast swing speed Specs of Racquets Babolat Aero Storm Tour: Strung Weight = 336 grams, Length = 27 inches, Head Size = 98 square inches, 6 points head headlight, Swingweight = 330-335 (est.), Stiffness = 65-67 (est.), Width = 21mm, String Pattern = 16x20, grip = 4 3/8 inches. Initial Impressions: Babolat Aero Storm: weight felt nice, reminded of racquet I used to play with, definitely headlight, weight and balance made me more excited about taking this racquet out compared to my last playtest opportunity ('blacked out Wilson), liked the width of the frame and the yellow/black/white looked sharp, never have gotten used to the profile of these racquets (part curved/part boxy looks seems strange), wish the handle was a little longer for my two handed backhand, overall felt very solid in hand Groundstrokes: Babolat Aero Storm Tour: With the Babolat my groundstrokes tended to be a mixed bag of great topspin and slice with very mediocre control. Power tended to be on the low side with all clear winners meaning maximum effort. Stability on groundstrokes was excellent giving the racquet a solid, although not comfortable, feel. As with some Babolat racquets I've tried in the past, the stringbed seemed almost 'disconnected' from the racquet head which led to a lot of stray balls for me. Serves: Babolat Aero Storm Tour: Serving was probably my favorite area with both of these racquets in the playtest. With the Babolat there was some available power when really going for the big serve and spin on second serves was easy to come by. This racquet seemed to have more control on serves that groundstrokes which allowed me to go for the corners of the service box. On serves this racquet had a nice weight and balance when led to a smoother motion than I was able to get with the Prince. Volleys: Babolat Aero Storm Tour: The excellent stability of this racquet made for some nice volleys but more often than not I just couldn't put the ball away. The racquet didn't offer enough power to put balls away forcefully and the touch was very poor. The lack of touch/feel, comfort, and maneuverability made me want to stay as far away from the net as possible. Service Returns: Babolat Aero Storm Tour: Although I was still able to get some spin on my returns with the Babolat, I found myself very late on my returns. Maybe I've been playing with a sub 11.5 ounce racquet for too long now but I seemed sluggish with this racquet from all over the court. I had the most success on returns when I just blocked the ball back (able to do so because of the excellent stability) but when I did this ball tended to land very short in the court. Scores for Babolat Aero Storm Tour: Overall: 78 Volleys: 76 Topspin: 84 Slice: 82 Returns: 75 Groundstrokes: 76 Serves and Overheads: 79 Touch and Feel: 76 Comfort: 77 Stability: 82 Maneuverability: 75 Control: 76 Power: 72
From: Talk Tennis User TripleB

Comments: Personal Racquet of Choice - Pure Storm Tour GT Hours played - 6 Groundstrokes - Solid overall, but lacking a little oomph. This racquet seems to continue with the one deficiency I found in the original AST, and that is not enough mass in the head. For being a "tour" racquet, it feels just a little wimpy in it's stock form. Often times when I would try to swing out, it just felt like there was nothing behind the shots, and that is where this racquet misses the mark. Spin production is great, and I actually love the design and feel with the aero throat. Control on this racquet is superb. The best control of any Babolat racquet I have played (however, I have never tried the Pure Storm Limited series), with more control than the PST GT, which is my current racquet. Slice was fine, but again didn't have that feeling of being able to "knife" the ball because of lack of mass. The feel of this racquet seems pretty similar to the last version. The GT update doesn't as radically change the feel as the other versions did (such as the pure drive line) in my opinion. Perhaps it is a little less harsh on off center hits, but nothing radical. Overall on groundstrokes, good feel and feedback. You know right where the ball is going with excellent control, just not enough weight in stock form to really be a weapon in my opinion. Serve- Serves are about placement with this one. Excellent control, like groundstrokes, and I was able to easily get the ball in on first and second serves. But again, just not enough mass to hit a punishing serve. A comparison would be to the PB10 mid, which I had out at the same time. I wasn't too impressed with that racquet overall, but on serve you could just feel how much you were able to crush serves. Serves with the PB10 Mid would literally explode off the court and slam into the back fence. With the ASTGT, I just could not achieve that same thing. Yeah it could go decently fast, but it felt "light." Volley- Again, the theme of the day here is control. For me, I again felt like control was perfect and it was all up to me in how I put the ball away (or flubbed it). Just not much punch or "stick" to the volleys. Serve Returns- Serve returns are decent. The sweet spot on these racquets is large enough, so no real problem with having to be really on your game to get the ball back into play. The lower power here can help with some big serves, since its easier to block it back if necessary and not send it long. But on second serves it can be a bit more difficult, since it can tougher to try and nail back a heavy spinning serve. Needs more mass. General comments on overall performance- Overall a "good" racquet that could have been flat out fantastic. It was, for me, eminently stable in stock form and had great feel. I loved that part of it. I just needed more power. I am almost positive this racquet was strung with cyberflash 16, which is far from my favorite string, but I was still able to get a good sense of how it would play in general. If I was using this stick I would try two things. First off I would definitely add lead to the hoop. Secondly I would try both a higher quality poly like black code, pro line II, etc., and in another racquet I would try gut mains with a poly cross. I have a feeling this particular set up would shine in this racquet, but that brings up a whole new set of issues (cost, durability). These aero designs are unique racquets that have a special feel during use, and this one is so close to being exactly what I would want, but it needs more mass Babolat! If these things had a layup more like the prestige MP's, this racquet would be amazing, bottom line. That was what I was hoping for with this update, but we didn't get it. Still a great racquet overall, but I can only strongly recommend it if you either hit the ball extremely hard all the time and need something very low powered with a larger sweetspot, or if you plan to lead it up quite a bit to get that mass behind the ball. At that point however you would have a pretty heavy SW racquet, so you better be able to handle it.
From: Talk Tennis User TennisandMusic

Comments: Here is my initial thoughts on the AST GT. Strung with Prince SYn Gut w/ Duraflex. I played with it for about 2.5 hrs. I am a 3.0/3.5 Baseliner/Singles with an EE forehand and 1HBH. My shots have spin, but I would say not too much, around average. Working more on my net game and BH. I play doubles more often than not. I hit with 2 guys that play singles with me, most of my other buddies enjoy dubs more. They hate being run ragged on the court. Frame of Choice: Babolat Aero Storm Tour 2008 LOOKS: The PJ wasn't my fav at first, but it grows on you. They need more red though 9.5/10 FEEL: We're all iffy on new claimed technologies, but compared to the older model, they definitely put something in the hoop. The balance was a little different from the previous version. Honestly, the old version didn't feel hollow to me before, but upon hitting with the update, I guess I might ad some lead tape. 8.5/10 COMFORT: I thought it was fine on the arm. Nothing jumped out at me from my current frame. No discomfort or tingling feeling 9/10 GROUNDIES: I will say I had a horrible day, nothing was really going my way, but I just think it was one of those days we all have. From the first hit I felt the frame more stable through the contact zone. My groundies, when I made good contact had a lot of depth and pace. Unfortunately, as I played on, for some reason I didn't feel as maneuverable. I kept hitting late and I felt like I couldn't whip some of my shots on the run as well. This may be due to the lack of playtime of the last 2wks. I will update as I get more time with this stick. 8.5/10. VOLLEYS: Good punch on volleys. Good depth and placement. Very solid and crisp 8/10 SERVES: Started of really great, added stability and pace. I guess I didn't feel the ball coming of my strings. It was as if the frame just womped the balls in. Really good for all serves. I can hit a flat and somewhat of a kicker with no problem. I'm used to the aero design so no problems there. 9/10 OVERALL: Great stick and very stable. As I stated before I will hit with it more. I'm not entirely sure what the GT is supposed to do beside ad more stability to the frame. I think if I added lead tape to my frame now it would be the same.
From: Talk Tennis User Storm_Kyori