Comments: Very good racket a lot stabeler than the new apd I don't know why I like the apd better than the apdc. On ground strokes the apd is much better and has a lot of spin the new one has a lot of flex it fells like. Serves were ok but better than the new one. Volleys were much better than the new apdc.
From: Liam, Phoniex,Arizona, USA 08/09
String type and tension:Kirshbaum spiky shark mains technifibre x one bihase in crosses 57 tension

Comments: This racquet is amazing I use lead tape around the 3 and 9 positions on the racquet head and in the throat to make it heavier and my serve is just killer and my groundstrokes are great. A must demo for 3.5 NTRP ranked players and above.
From: Jonathon, Smithville, TX, U.S.A. 06/09
String type and tension:Babolat Hybrid Pro Hurricane Tour plus VS (PHT in main @ 59 and VS in cross @ 62)
Headsize:100 Midplus

Comments: It had good power, okay spin, but it was a beast to swing around. It was really stiff-feeling. I really liked volleys, but whenever I tried to hit topspin groundstrokes, they'd go everywhere. It's probably just my technique, but the O3 Speedport Black or AeroPro Drive W/ Cortex suits me better. I hit consistently with those. All of these are worth a try.

Comments: Excellent racquet with the perfect combination of spin and power. I demoed this racquet about 2-3 weeks ago, and I was so sad to send it back. I bought it a couple days after, and I am so happy with my purchase. You get so much kick off the serve, but so much control. I switched from a Head Flexpoint Team. Great racket, definitely worth demoing.
From: Connor, Ormond Beach, FL, USA. 11/07
String type and tension: Wilson Sensation @ 58

Comments: Honestly, I was amazed at this racquet. I had heard so many mixed things with the new version out and how much better it was. Honestly when this racquet is cross string with Babolat Pro Hurricane in the Mains and Synthetic in the Crosses, it is a dream for power and control. It gives me the exact pop I am looking for. I want balls shooting off my strings, especially at for net and volley shots. This one gave it too me. Oddly I had borrowed it from my Pro. Then I went to serve. WOW, WHAT A DREAM!! Effortless, powerful. Odd how everyone's opinion on this racquet is so different. I notice no difference between this one and its newer cousin and I have the BOTH. What I have learned about these racquets is they are like a fine tuned race car and stringing makes al the difference in the world. String them right, youíll have a dream!! Make sure that you cross string these for maximum performance.
From: Howard, Royal Oak, MI, USA. 8/07
String type and tension: Main, Pro Hurriances @ 58 lbs X Babolat Synthetic @ 56 lbs

Comments: This racquet is by far the best racquet to play with. It has everything whether its control or power. My groundstrokes have improved and my serves too. This racquet improves your game, your accuracy, and I recommend it to people who want to improve not only how they play, but how they feel as a tennis player. I rate this racquet 20/10. Thatís how good this phenomenal racquet is.
From: Samir, Union City, NJ, USA, 07/07
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16G @ 61 lbs.
Headsize: 100 sq in

Comments: This racquet is by far the best racquet on the market right now. The Top-Spin this racquet can generate is amazing because of its light weight. I used to be third doubles on my team but now Iím 2nd singles because of this racquet. One thing to remember is this racquet is not for the flat ball hitter.
From: Peter, Silver Spring, MD, USA, 06/07
String type and tension: Luxilon ALU 56lbs.
Headsize: 100sq.in

Comments: Great racquet! I love the nice soft feel the racquet has. It has added a nice extra pop to my two handed backhand and serve. The big challenge is reigning in the power on this stick. It has almost too much power for my forehand side, but having more power available is better than not enough...
From: Damion, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 5/07
String type and tension: Technifibre X-One 17 (65 Lbs)/Babolat Hurricane Tour 17 (62Lbs)
NTRP Rating: 5.0-5.5

Comments: When I first got this racquet I wasnít as strong as I am now. At first the racquet was great but then as I got older and stronger I find that this racquet is beginning to get in front of me a bit. It also lacks weight, which makes you have to swing a million miles an hour to get a little bit of power on the ball. If youíre looking for more power in this racquet, I would advise putting some lead tape on it.
From: Pearce, Dallas, TX, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Pro Hurricane Tour 16g at 65 lbs

Comments: I demo'ed this racket for a week and played about twelve sets of singles. It's a pretty good racket but not really my style. It's a little too stiff for me. I also thought that it was a little too powerful. I eventually learned to manage the power and was able to play fairly well with it. Control was pretty good but I thought the racket was a little sluggish when you needed a quick response. Spin off the ground was ok but not great. Volleys were ok but not great. The racket is very stable and vibration free. The biggest problem was that it was pretty near impossible to serve flat with this racket. All in all, a pretty fair racket that will appeal to a lot of players.
From: Raul, AZ, USA, 04/07
String type and tension: 58 lbs

Comments: This is a racquet I have used for a few months. I also use the AeroPro Drive. This is a very good racquet with good power and good control. It is a little head heavy, but the extra length helps my serve noticably. I still prefer the AeroPro Drive because of better control. I play a flat serve and lots of cuts, slices and lobs.
From: Bob, L.A, CA, USA. 4/07
String type and tension: Babolat VS Team @ 58 Lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.0 - 4.5

Comments: I just played with the AeroPro Drive+ today and it hits outstanding! I was really surprised because it was really light and its stiffness is great! I use a Western Grip and has great amount of spin on it with every hit. It also has great control, AND power. My serves have gotten much faster and more accurate than my previous racquet (Prince NXG Tour Graphite Midplus). I recommend AeroPro to people who use Western grip or another grip that adds tremendous spin because this is what youíre looking for.
From: Paul, Oxnard, CA, USA. 1/07
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane Tour 18 @ 65 lbs

Comments: I have bought 2 of these rackets and have broken 1 and cracked 1. I donít abuse my racket, but I think that heavy hitting and powerful serving slowly destroys the fibers inside the racket. I love this racket though and would recommend it to more tactical players, not strong hitters.
From: Minh, Westminster, CA, USA. 11/06
String type and tension: Gosen Arramix Pro Blend @ 60 lbs

Comments: This is an "ok" racquet. I demoed this and the new Pure Drive Plus together. I definitely preferred the Pure Drive Plus. It felt so much more solid than the Aeropro Drive Plus. This racquet isn't forgiving on off-center shots. A positive note on this racquet is you can generate a lot of headspeed on serves and get a lot of kick. If you are looking for a solid racquet with great all-around playability I recommend the Wilson Ncode Npro Open.
From: Dennis, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. 10/06

Comments: This is an okay racket as long as you play the majority of your game on from the ground. It is not possible to hit very fast, flat serves (because the frame flexes too much), and volleys are decent. The real beauty of this racket lies in the topspin groundstrokes. It is possible that this racket delivers more spin and pace than any racket I've played with, but the control was lacking in a big way. I could hit huge, wicked forehands, but my opponents were getting to them. I was forcing my opponents to hit weaker shots, but they were still coming back over the net. I was relying too much on my opponent to make errors, because I didn't have the pinpoint control to hit winners. I'm going to stick with a much heavier, control-oriented racket.
From: Steve, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 55lbs.

Comments: I really like this racquet. It provides a lot of topspin and pace on the ball and it great for volley. I have tried many of the prince, Dunlop, gamma, Babolat racquets and I like this one the best. There is a downfall especially for people who serve faster than 90 mph. You can actually feel the frame of racquet breaking from inside, I think this is reason why Nadal uses the other racquet. This is a good racquet for players between 4.0 to 4.6, people higher that this should use Aeropro Drive.
From: Amit Kumar, Malden, MA, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Prince Lightning XX 17, 58
Headsize: 100 sq.in

Comments: To me, this is the best racquet I've ever picked up. I've used plenty of Wilson, Yonnex, and Prince, but nothing compares to this one. I'm usually a heavy hitting baseliner, and this racquet suits the way I play perfectly. The only flaw I can think of is the framing ball once in a while, but other than that it's awesome.
From: Mark, Camden, DE, USA 07/06
String type and tension: Prince Synthetic Gut @60 lbs.

Comments: I would not recommend this racquet to any heavy hitters. The racquet actually has a flaw in it. The length of the racquet puts way too much stress on the neck of the racquet and tends to break, particularly on serves. I've received and returned this racquet three times in six months. The playability is great and as a 4.5 player it really allows me better reach and to really get myself on top of the ball, but after I consistently serve over 110mph I can feel the racquet actually breaking. There's a reason why Nadal plays with the regular and not the plus. I personally now play with the regular and love it. Its power is greatly reduced compared to the plus. I still prefer the aero pro to any other racquet, particularly if your a heavy top spin player.
From: Jonathan 07/06
String type and tension: conquest 16, polymono 16 @63

Comments: This racket was really good. It improved my hits the first time I played with it. My groundstrokes, volleys, overheads, etc were very impressive! I was a little iffy between this racquet and another, but I feel I made the right choice by choosing this one! I definitely recommend this racquet.
From: Lauren, Rockport, Tx, U.S.A 06/06
String type and tension: Pro Huricane 17g @60 lbs.

Comments: I bought the plus but wish I had purchased the standard length. The plus's swingweight is high given its weight compared to other racquets with the same weight/balance. It's great indoors but it swings heavy in the wind. Otherwise a great, comfortable racquet. Maybe the most arm friendly I've ever used.
From: Sharon, Wauwatosa, WI 06/06
String type and tension: TNT, 58lbs

Comments: I used to play with the Babolat Pure Drive +, but I was getting some joint problems because of the stiffness. I demoed the Dunlop M-Fil 300, Wilson nSurge, Volkl Tour 10, Yonex RDX-300, and the Babolat Pure Storm. The Aeropro Drive + had the second softest feel (after the Dunlop), the most power, spin, and sweet spot size. My volleys have improved significantly. I have become more consistent because of the confidence that all of the spin produced by the racquet. Although the weight is nearly the same as the Pure Drive +, the swingweight is a little heavier and if you take the ball late, it sometimes gets thrown deep from the spin. My serve speed stayed almost the same as did my power of the ground, but the added spin made up for the tiny drop in power. I also demoed the standard length version, which added even more feel and control, but it did give up more on the power department, which is why I bought the plus.
From: Jon, West Orange, NJ, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Gosen AK Speed 16

Comments: I just finished demoing many of the new Babolat racquets and feel they are best suited for the young. They tend to be very powerful but not forgiving on the arm. My elbow is sensitive to overly powerful racquets and I could feel the twinges after hitting with this racquet. I sure wish it was available 25 years ago.
From: John, Atlanta, GA, USA 06/06
String type and tension: Prince Premier Softflex @60
Headsize: MidPlus

Comments: Whoa at first I thought this racket would be impossible to play with. And now I know that Iím wrong. This racket is awesome. Perfect blend of power and control.
From: Andre, VA,USA, 06/06
String type and tension:Superfine play 55lbs
Headsize:100sq inch

Comments: I've had this racquet for about 6 months and adore it. I try other racquets for curiosity but it's not the same. This racquet gives great spin and pop on serves and groundstrokes. Put the right strings on this thing and it's amazing. I've turned from a 4.0 to a 5.0 since Iíve had this racquet. Lead tape also helps make it a little heavier.
From: Anon 05/06
String type and tension: Prince synthetic/16 gauge.

Comments: This racquet is so great. The serves and groundstrokes have tons of spin and the slices are so easy to do. The volleys are tremendous and I am winning almost all of the games I have played.
From: Kevin, New York 05/06
String type and tension: pro hurricane 17, 55
Headsize: 100in2

Comments: First of all, this racquet is a very good racquet for someone who plays with western grip. And if your hitting mechanic is right, you can provide sharp angled crosscourt shots with heavy topspin just like Rafael Nadal. I had played with the Prince Graphite oversize for a long time and prior to the AeroPro Drive, I played with the Head Liquidmetal Radical. But none had provided as much topspin and incredible shots like the AeroPro Drive. Not sure if more expensive string would make it better, but I had found the Prince topspin plus a great one for the racquet. A must racquet for aggressive baseliners.
From: Duy, San Diego, CA, USA 04/06
String type and tension: Prince topspin plus 16 @ 60lbs

Comments: Fantastic blend of power, spin, and control for someone who likes to bang from the base line. You have to hit with spin to play well with this racket. If you hit big and flat you'll hate it. This racket rewards aggressive topspin swings with power and control. Serves have good pace and spin as well. Up at the net it has good feel and touch. I initially never would've believed I'd be happy with any stick under 11.5oz, but this holds well even under the heaviest hitting. If you hit with good topspin, try this racquet. Compared the Pure Drive this has a softer, sweeter hit and is easier on the arm.
From: Matthew Orlet, Cincinnati, OH, USA 04/06
String type and tension: Lux Big Banger Alu Power @56lbs
Headsize: 100 sq in
NTRP Rating: 4.5/5.0

Comments: I have switched from the pure drive and I love it! I think its one of the best racquets in the world. I liked the pure drive but this is even better. It adds spin and pop at the same time. I also think its better at volleys than the pure drive.
From: Nicholas, Midlothian, VA, Usa 04/06
String type and tension: pro hurricane @ 53 & super fine play @

Comments: This racket is awesome, I have played with it for a couple months and I love it. I have switch from the pure drive to the aeropro drive and found that it gives way more control then the pure drive. For someone that spends a mojority of time at the baseline and has powerful ground strokes this is the racket for you.
From: Matt
California 2/04/06
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane @ 68

Comments: I have had this racket for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. The topspin that you can create with this racket is uncomparable to any other. Groundstrokes are amazing, and volleys are so crisp. Serving with it took a while to get used to but I know hit serves better, especially the kick serve. All in all, this is a great racket.
From: Taylor
Manson, NC 1/04/06
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel @ 61 lbs

Comments: I made the switch from a Wilson N-Tour to the Aero Drive + and I've noticed such a difference in just a few weeks. I hit a heavy ball and this has added more pop and pace. I'm getting my shots deeper. I'm generating more topspin than with the N-Tour. I'm more confident at the net and my serve has become more consistent and a little more powerful. My USTA league teammates can definitely tell a difference. This was a great change for me. I think that my game is going to go to the next level.
From: Jonathan
Cary, NC, USA 1/21/06
String type and tension: Big Banger for the mains, Hurricane for the crosses

Comments: I just got this racquet for Christmas and love it. It is amazing with my serves and volleys. It is stiff, which is a new feel for me (I changed from a Babolat Control Team Plus) The only problem I have with this racquet is that I hit it long a lot. I just started playing with it so I need to get used to it though. I give this racquet an A.
From: Patrick, Chattanooga, TN 01/06
Headsize: 100 sq. in

Comments:Previously, for two years, I used the Pure Drive +, but then a couple of weeks ago, I bought 2 of these and they are just tremendously great! Before, with the Pure Drive +, I had a lot more power than I had control, but with this baby, it has a combination of both power and control, notably on my forehands and serves. I also noticed a lot of improvement on my backhands (I can now rip them down the line or crosscourt). All in all, this racquet is everything that I ever wanted.
From: Raul
IN, USA 10/05
Gamma Synthetic Gut 16g
Head Size: 100

Comments:This racket is good to a point it feels too flimsy. It has alot of topspin like people say, but that is about it. It is arm friendly but the wild shots you get sometimes make you want to quit tennis.
From: Sung
woodside, Ny, 11377 10/05
Luxilion ALU @60lbs

Comments:This racauet is definitely the best racquet that I have ever played with. I am a the number one player in my state for high school and the Babolat AeroPro Drive + took me to the top with its ability to spin your opponents off the court. Babolat, thank you so much!
From: Mike10/2
STRING AND TENSION:Gamma Synthetic Gut, 63Ibs
NTRP Rating:7.0

Comments: Iíve played this racquet for several months now and my game has grown in leaps and bounds. This racquet is everything they claim it to be and possibly more. I get excellent access to spin, both topspin and backspin whenever I do drop shots. It has excellent pop when serving and provides very good pace on groundstrokes. I added some lead to the 2 and 10 positions, however, I put even more under the grip in the handle. After adding lead I have really found my groove with this racquet.
From: J, Houston, TX, USA. 10/05
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane 17 / X-Cel Premium hybrid @ 54/57lbs.

Comments:I bought this racquet a couple of days ago and it has complete opened a new door to my game. I now hit heavy spin without straining myself, and its made it easier for me to serve and volley. Don't get me wrong though this is a great groundstrokers racquet and you get some great power. My only fault with this racquet is its so ugly, anyway thanks Babolat!
From: Anon. USA. 9/05
String type and tension: Fibergel 65

Comments: I've had this stick for 3 weeks. I have seen a huge difference in my game. I had the Wilson P.S. Rok, and after every 2 to 3 game in a day I would get a bad elbow. Since I got the AeroPro I've not had any problems. I get a lot more spin to every shot with this racquet. This is the best stick I have ever owned. Thank you BABOLAT!
From: John, Silver City, CA, USA. 8/05
String type and tension: Babolat Super Fine Play 16 @ 59lbs.

Comments: I just used this racquet briefly and I love it. It is forgiving when you're on defense, and provides the power you need if your opponent gives you a chance. it worked especially well on a slice backhand. I get extra spin on my forehand. I will definitely buy this racquet and would recommend it to anyone wishing to take his or her game to the next level.
From: Eric, Muskegon, Michigan, USA . 8/05

Comments: I have had this racquet for about a month and I like it so much that I decided to purchase another. With this racquet, my forehands have gotten more pace on it and I went from a slice backhand to a two-handed backhand. This racquet is also very friendly with topspin. The volleys however are somewhat difficult, not an extreme difficulty, it just requires time to get used to. The serves are fairly quick and often consistent with this racquet. The hybrid string set-up I have really brings out the strengths of the racquet. This racquet also feels so comfortable that I could play all day in it!
From: Stephen, Thornton, CO, USA. String type and tension: Hybrid of Babolat Pro Hurricane (Mains) and Babolat X-Cel (Crosses) @ 60 lbs.

Comments: In my opinion, this racquet is pretty good. It is basically just like the Pure Dive Plus only it has an aero-modular frame design. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would probably rate it a 7. Groundstrokes with this racquet are definitely clean and crisp and you can vary depth and handle spin quite easily, depending on how hard you hit the ball...I'm generally a hard hitting baseliner. Volleys and overheads are pretty easy to hit with this racquet and if struck cleanly usually produce winners. The only problem with this racquet is the mis-hits and framing balls. This happens ALL THE TIME mostly on serves. I cant play a set without horribly framing the ball a couple of times on my serves. Other than that, this racquet plays fairly well.
From: Mike Des Moines, Iowa, U.S. 07/05
String type: Luxilon Big Banger Timo 1.22

Comments: I agree with Brian, this racquet is easy on the arm which surprised me because of its stiffness level. It plays very well and you don't need an extreme grip to hit with lots of topspin. It also is a nice serve and volley racquet.
From: Michelle, Milwaukee, WI, USA. 05/05
String type and tension: Babolat Excel 16 @ 59lbs.

Comments: This racquet is elbow friendly! I played with this racket for 5 consecutive days upon purchase and I was surprised my tennis elbow somehow diminished. Playing tennis with my previous racquets meant pain to me. I can now freely swing this racket (like Nadal does- well, somewhat)without the fear of getting a jolt of elbow pain, specially on mistimed hits. Hitting has become pleasurable with this racquet. No more pains-No more fears. Also, the revs of my top, under, and sidespins have increased tremendously. Before, I was contented with just an backspin backhand. With this racquet, I now hit effective top-spin backhand with ease. Sharply angled shots are now part of my arsenal. I can proudly say - I am now a new tennis player! I believe this racquet will be my magic wand for a very long time! Thank you Babolat.
From:Brian,Philippines 05/05
String type and tension: Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 @ 60lbs.

Comments: This racquet has helped me improve from a 4.0 to 4.5 in less than a month. I hit ground strokes with much better top spin and accuracy now from both sides. My kick serve is also much more accurate and heavier.
From: David, Washington DC, USA. 03/05
String type and tension: Bow Brand 17g @ 56 lbs.

Babolat Racquet Reviews