Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I just got this racquet and the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT, and I would say that this one feels better. It's the kind of racquet that gives you plenty of spin and control, with just enough power to get away with it. I found myself slicing my shots more often, resulting in my adversaries tiring out faster. Great racquet, highly recommend it!
From: Khoi, AZ, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane
Headsize: 100Sq. Inches
NTRP Rating: High School

Comments: I've been using this racquet for about two months now, and, I simply adore it. The paint scheme is gorgeous and my shots have improved amazingly. Before, I was using a slightly lighter Wilson racquet strung 18 x 20, and I switched to this racquet. I am able to hit my baseline strokes with much more depth, pop, power, and spin. However, with any movement off the baseline, I have trouble with over-hitting and going long. My overheads have increased in power, as well as my serves. The main issue that I'm facing with this racquet is a lack of stability in any non-baseline shots. Overall though, my game has improved immensely and I love the racquet. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get more out of their baseline strokes.
From: Anon, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 17 / 60 lbs

Comments: Good racket! I'm in high school tennis and I used this racket with the hurricane pro tour strings. Overall this racket is very good. Gives you plenty of topspin and control. Some problems with it is that it lacks power and it its slightly heavy. Other than that it does its job. I recommend this racket to people that hit with plenty of topspin.
From: Julio, Murrieta, CA, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane pro tour, tension 60

Comments: I like this racquet for many reasons. 1) It offers access to both power and spin. 2) It is very forgiving. 3) It looks cool. 4) Has decent plow through, a big step up from the Wilson n6 that I had.
All in all, this is a very good racquet. I can get pretty good topspin and power with it. Of course, to achieve this, you must use proper technique. No racquet will magically make you better. Just sayin... This works best for those who can hit topspin but it will be decent for those who hit flat. It is rather heavy if you are switching from a light tweener racquet such as the Wilson n6. This racquet plays very differently with different string setups. It's not for everyone because some can describe that it lacks feel and is rather blunt. For me, it works great. I like the way it feels. Volleys are solid with it too. Anyway, yeah. The Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex is a really good racquet!! Not for everyone but if it works for you then you'll go far. I plan on upgrading to the GT version but it doesn't seem to be worth the price. Lol... Have fun looking for a racquet guys!!
From: Angelo, Albany, OR, USA, 02/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane hybrid with Eagnus feeling at 50 mains and 60 crosses.
Headsize: 100 Sq. In.
NTRP Rating: 3.0?? (High school team-#1/#2 singles)

Comments: This racket is the definition of flare, style, and beautiful topspin. After trying this racket, three of my friends went home and bought it. I'm upgrading from a liquidmetal radical OS. The smaller headsize took some getting used to, but it's still an excellent stick. I strongly recommend.
From: Ben, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 at 60lbs

Comments: Certainly seems to have natural topspin built in to the stick. Flat serves in my case increased in speed. Might try lowering the tension for max spin
From: John, CA, USA, 01/11
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast 60 LBS

Comments: I'm not one to believe in love at first sight, but this racquet changed that. I started on a Babolat Aero Strike but my friend had this racquet and I played with it for a day and it boosted my game. Serves, Volleys, Groundstrokes all improved. The spin on my shots has increased with the help of this racquet. It's a good choice in a racquet and I'd suggest it to anyone!
From: Zach, Texas, US. 12/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast @ 62lbs.
NTRP Rating: Boy's 18

Comments: I made a come back from tennis after being away from the game for 25 years. I got this racquet as my come back. I played tennis three to four hours daily, and find that the racquet is very solid. I used to played in the flat style of Jimmy Connors and am now learning the new topspin, and the racquet performs great in these two styles. I have a killer forehand that with the Babolat is very effective for singles and doubles. I had a little wrist pain at the beginning but after 3 months of daily practice is more from overuse than the racquet. I really recommend this. I ordered another one from Tennis Warehouse, and I hope they deliver my order fast. I am a NTRP rating 4 and expect to go higher this year.
From: David, Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico. 10/10
String type and tension: 60

Comments: It has way too much power and too large of a head and too wide of beam. I think the Aero Storm tour is way better.
From: Christopher, Exeter, NH, USA, 10/10
String type and tension: Solinco Pro Tour bite 17 gauge on mains, Luxilon 1.10 timo on the crosses, 62 lbs

Comments: Very nice racquet but started to get elbow problems within one week of playing. I'm going back to my Head Microgel Prestige Mid to ease the pain in my elbow. I'm sure this racquet works great for many others who don't have elbow issues like me.
From: Scott, Ventura, CA, 10/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 17 @ 55lbs.

Comments: BEST RACQUET ON THE MARKET!!! Started playing with Wilson ncode, my coach had the Babolat aeropro drive; I tried it and went straight home and bought it. This racquet gives you great spin and control over the ball my shots started going longer and never went out or bounds. In 3 weeks went for 2nd jv singles to 2nd varsity singles. I would recommend this racquet to EVERYONE!! Starters can gain control and get it in. Advanced can put tons of spin on it and have winners every time!!! I LOVE THIS RACQUET!!!
From: Austin, Layton, UT, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Babolat Hurricane

Comments: Phenomenal racket. It does just about everything well with a little additional weight in the handle. Spin, serve, plow through and net play are awesome. It has a different muted feel that takes some getting used to. Unfortunately just about every beginner these days on the public courts also seems to have one. Prefer this to the stiffer GT version. On a side note I just bought one from TW and after 3 sessions of hitting, I hit a forehand off balance and the racket went into my left elbow. It cracked it at the throat despite it being thick there! It does not have another mark on it otherwise. Thanks goodness TW has a generous return policy but Babolat has poor quality control in them. I heard of many Pure Storms breaking easily but not the APDC. I hope they fix the problem in their newer lines.
From: David, Providence, RI, USA, 09/10

Comments: I was recently trying out for my school's open grade team even though I'm 4 years younger than I'm supposed to be to do that and then another kid who was about up to my shoulder came along with this racket to try out. For his height and age, (one year younger than me) he was VERY good- beating people who were 17 while he was 13. After beating him 6-4, we had a little fun with a few other people, switching rackets and things; his- a Babolat Aeropro Drive (2nd gen). This thing was light, whippy yet stiff and had heaps of power generation and spin generation. It felt solid for the light-ish weight and I can understand why he was playing so well with it at trials. One thing about it though is that I can't quite get the same racket head speed with this as my normal racket and that I don't get the same sort of response and control out of it as I do with the Aeropro. Overall, this is actually a very commendable racket and any young, aspiring juniors should definitely go out for a hit with it!
From: Harry, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 09/10
String type and tension: M: Babolat Pro Hurricane tour @58 X: Prince Lightning XX w/Powerfoil @58

Comments: I bought this racquet purely based on the reviews given and I am glad to say I was not misled. I was able to get plenty of topspin and was getting my backhand slices with consistency. My two-hand backhand was great and sailed deep into the baseline. Forehand went great, able to easily hit at the ball with a semi-western grip and have the pleasure of seeing the ball sail deep and have plenty of pace. Only issue I had was that the weight was more than I am used to and will have to adjust accordingly. The first day my wrist was hurting from snapping around the extra ounce or so. Otherwise, great racquet and would recommend to anyone.
From: Scott, NM, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Wilson synthetic gut, 62 lbs.

Comments: My game improved a lot in power and control, this is my first advanced racquet and I love it. I would like to thank TW on prompt delivery.
From: Joseph, Tyler, TX, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Kirschbaum touch turbo 16 @ 60

Comments: All I have to say about this racket is WOW my game improved greatly my forehand has so much topspin now that its unbelievable and my 2 hand backhand has way more topspin then normal if your a person that loves to use spin then I recommend this racket to you.
From: Austin, Hattiesburg, MS, USA, 09/10
String type and tension: Prince hybrid spin 3d, 60 lbs
Headsize: 100sq in

Comments: This is definitely the best tennis racket. But shame on Babolat for discontinuing it and forcing people to buy their stiff, arm killing GT series rackets. They have basically twisted people's arms into buying the GT rackets. I have been desperately trying to buy the 4 1/4 grip size for the older version (non-GT) racket but its not available from a single reliable outlet even on internet. Once again shame on Babolat for withdrawing a great product and making people buy what they want us to buy instead of what we want to buy.
From: Sunil, San Jose, CA, USA, 08/10

Comments: Best racquet ever. I regret only not having bought it sooner. Major game improvement and drawing out untapped potential. Unbelievable power and topspin with first class accuracy.
From: Dave, South Africa, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast / 60 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4.5 - 5.0

Comments: This racket is awesome! I used this racket and it give you a lot of spin and power, give you a lot of top-spin, great for serve and over head and I like using this racket for slice. It is an incredible racket
From: Peter, Seattle, WA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM blast @ 52-62 lbs

Comments: WOW, this racquet is amazing! The first time I used it I beat my friend 6-2, he used to beat me 6-1. This racquet is great on serves, you get so much spin and heft. I loved hitting my ground strokes and volleys with this racquet. On my forehand I had AMAZING topspin always in and powerful. Overall this was a racquet worthy of praise, I highly recommend it!
From: Daniel, NY, USA. 7/10
String type and tension: 60, Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Spin

Comments: Nope. This was my first venture into Baboland. I wanted to like the head size and power potential. Does not suit my swing style. I used an eastern forehand and have a one handed continental backhand. I tend to prefer the Radicals, Prestige-type frames. I drive flat balls unless topspin is needed on a pass or lob. I come to the net to shake hands or dig out a short ball. Period. I read many reviews and was scared of the potential to shred my elbow. The good news is that the Cortex works. Very mid soft feel. If you have a western or semi western, I'd say you are looking at the right frame. All you older "old school" folks....stay away.
From: Mark, San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Gut/copoly hybrid.

Comments: Not at all a fan of this racket. I'm in my mid 50s with new elbow problems and was hoping the cortex technology would be beneficial. This is terrible for the old elbow. Seem very dead with small sweet spot. Been using it for a few months but fear I wasted my money. Unless you demo this and are quite sure I would avoid it.
From: Paul, Dunkirk, MD, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: 59 lbs

Comments: What is the actual flex of the Aeropro with Cortex? Tennis-warehouse.com says "67" while others says "70." I've experienced tennis elbow twice over the years and don't wish for a third bout. Thanks!
Allen, the specs that we post on our site represent an average taken from a sample set of frames that we receive from the manufacturers--TW Staff
From: Allen, San Jose, CA, USA, 07/10
String type and tension: Gamma Gut II 59/57
Headsize: 98 sq in

Comments: I bought this racquest on the pros advice, but I cannot use it. All shots too long, even serves, no control at net (I used a Dunlop 500Tour, and miss it). I strung it with Babolat Nat gut+Tour at 59-61. Any advice?
From: Elisabetta, Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat 59-61

Comments: This racquet seemed a bit too head light for me at first. Also, the RPM strings I got with it made my groundstrokes feel buttery and mushy. After a few weeks of playing, I started adjusting my game, adapting the windshield wiper forehand rather than my flat hitting style. Now I'm playing extremely well all-around, even with volleys. My kick serves have tons of spin and my slices have good depth. I can send forehands deep into the court with loads of spin that always sends the ball driving into the fence after one bounce. Even my one-handed backhand, which I struggled with the most, has great spin and depth. The control with this racquet is not as good as those with heavier head weights (Wilson six ones, blade 98) but it doesn't feel stiff so it makes the topspin play style feel very comfortable. I guess playing with the Wilson K blade 98 and then switching to the Babolat made the transition difficult, but after some adjustment in my stroke, I found excellence in the APDC.
From: Brian, Avondale, AZ, USA. 6/10
String type and tension: Babolat RPM Blast 16 @ 58 ibs

Comments: When I first picked up the APD, I didn't think it was for me, a lot of balls flew and it was hard to adjust to the weight and balance from other tweener racquets. However, once I got used to it, this stick became by far the best I ever played with. Not only my groundstrokes are producing more spin than ever, the control I have with that is as good as ever. You can hit a variety of shots very well with this stick. Volleys are solid, and producing a heavy slice is easier than ever. Service did take a bit getting used to, in the beginning I was only able to use my slice and kick serve consistently. However, after playing with it for a few weeks; I have been able to adjust to the weight and balance of the racquet to be able to hit a heavy flat serve as well. Love it.
From: Henry, NJ, USA. 06/10
String type and tension: Wilson NXT 62lb

Comments: This racquet is great. For the first time I touched it I felt in love with it. I hit powerful forehand strikes with topspin. It also gives nice serves. It is great. If you have the chance to buy it don't miss it.
From: Mogos, Romania. 06/10
String type and tension: Babolat XCEL

Comments: My previous racquet was a Roddick Pure Drive, which was heavier and longer than the standard. My serves were huge but I could never get consistent groundstrokes. I now know that it is the wrong racquet for a non-expert player. The AeroPro is a completely different story, I'm finally able to develop full strokes and the ball is actually going faster with more spin than ever before. Accuracy is much better and I can take passing opportunities with ease, which is the most wonderful feeling. This may also be because of the Big Banger strings, which I'm using for the first time (they're amazing). My serve isn't as big any more so I'm developing more slice/kick serves. Between this racquet and the BB strings my tennis life has completely changed for the better.
From: Ben, Australia. 6/10
String type and tension: Luxilon BB 57lbs

Comments: I liked them so much I just ordered 4 of them. They seem to be more powerful than I remember demoing. (probably the string and tension) The touch I was able to get with the racket has been outstanding. My drop shots/drop volleys have been awesome. Played today and could not miss!
From: Jeremiah, PA, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Prince Duraflex Black, 58lbs
NTRP Rating:4-4.5

Comments: I love this racquet, it put tons of spin on the ball with my western grip. I have big groundstrokes on both sides. I hit huge serves with this racquet also. My net game has improved while using this racquet. I hit heavy topspin and also really flat and this racquet allows me to do all of that. My slice is really good with this racquet. The Aero is the best racquet on the market in my opinion for my style. The aero is also forgiving and it allows me to play my game to it highest level.
From: Kerry, USA. 5/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Bigbanger Alu Power 16/ Babolat Addiction 16, 54/56
NTRP Rating:4.0, high state ranking

Comments: This is one of my favorite racquets so far. I have been demoing (sp?) racquets for the past month or so trying to find a new replacement for my old Head Ti Radical, and this racquet seems to suit my game more. It is head-light which really helps out at the net. It doesn't feel as heavy as it really is. I had a Head Ti Fire Tour racquet that felt like a battle-ax compared to this thing. I have a quick, full swing and like to generate my own power and love generating top-spin. This racquet is awesome for my style. I can hammer away a shot and the ball still magically stays in :) I liked this racquet better than the AeroPro GT that I tried, it just had a better feel. The AP GT was very stiff and felt like I was hitting with a baseball bat (good, just too stiff for me...). I liked the feel on this stick. My other favorite is the Aero Storm Tour Cortex.
From: Joel, Navarre, FL, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: 60's?
NTRP Rating: 3.0+

Comments: I really like this racquet. At first I was overhitting some. It was probably just because I was previously using a flexible racquet, the Prince Ozone Tour. But now I have gotten used to this racquet. A lot of people are saying it has bad control, but I don't know what they're talking about. I like to take a really big swing and hit lots of topspin, and the ball lands in every time, really really deep. Even when you don't hit a bunch of spin, it still goes in. This racquet also suits a wide variety of players from Nadal, all the way to little 7 year olds. Overall----Great racquet!!!
From: Alex, Chesapeake,Virginia, United States. 5/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 56
NTRP Rating: 11 years old---no rating but very good for age

Comments: I love this racquet! It has fantastic control, spin, and power. I think it's a little light, but not too light. Serves improved dramatically when I got this stick. By adding the smartgrip from Babolat, it became nearly perfect. Just had to play with the strings and tension a bit, but I've found several setups that work.
From: Chris, Redlands, CA, USA. 05/10
String type and tension: Babolat pht 17 59lbs

Comments: It rocks! This racquet was really for my dad because it helped tennis elbow people, but he let me try it and it fit me very well. It has every thing to help with backhands, volleys, forehands, overheads, and serves. It is even good for all kinds of slices. Overall, don't waste your money on the newer Rafael racquet because when you can get a cheaper one that is just as good, trust me that GT is just trying to make it look cool. I recommend this racquet for adults and kids depending on their skill level. I am an 11 year old kid and was on my school's tennis team and play in a lot of tournaments. Trust me! This is the racquet that you will love! Overall, I give it a 5 star!
From: Anon., USA. 04/10

Comments: It rocks! This racquet was really for my dad because it helped tennis elbow people say but he let me try it and it fit me very well. It was the plus one bet then they shortened it the the regular one and it's even better. It has every thing to help with backhands, volleys, forehands, overheads, and serves. It is even good for all kinds of slices. Overall don't waste your money on the newer Rafael's racquet because when you can get a cheaper one that is just as good. I recommend this racquet for adults and kids depending on there skill level because I am a 11 year old kid and was on my school tennis team and I do lots of tournaments. Trust me! Don't waste your money on any other junk, this is the racquet that you will love overall I give it a 5 star
From: none, America. 4/10

Comments: I just purchased my 2nd APDC after playing with my 1st for about 6 months. For a long time, I thought about getting the new GT version. My history of tennis elbow made my decision. As my skill enhanced, I learned to appreciate this racquet more. With poly/synthetic hybrid string bed, I can really whip big topspin groundies. APDC offers plenty pace and spin for serving. It also has very nice touch and feel for net plays. The only dislike is that the racquet becomes too powerful when the string tension gets loose. But that's not a isolated issue for this racquet.
From: Matt, NJ, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: Tecnifibre black code 18/synthetic 17 58/59

Comments: I tested this racquet along with 3 others: Babolat Pure Drive Roddick GT Plus, Head Extreme Pro and Volkl Powerbridge 8. Hands down, this racquet was the best and I ended up buying it. I just started playing again in the past few months and was probably a 4.0 in high school. Now I'm 41, picking up the game again and this racquet just fits perfect for my heavy topspin game. I love hitting hard with this racquet and serves (both slice and hard flat) are awesome AND it's accurate! The Roddick was nice too for a while but was too stiff with GT technology. After the 2nd day with the Roddick my arm was ready to fall off (tennis elbow). I decided to get this one versus the newer version as this is not as stiff. I would highly recommend this for big hitters - intermediate to advanced.
From: Paul, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. 03/10
String type and tension: 60
NTRP Rating: 3.5-4.0

Comments: A very good racquet for players with not much ability to generate power. However, it has way too much power for me. At the net the racquet is good enough but lacks stability and feel. Good topspin, but bad control. I am only 12 but have started to feel pains in my arm already after playing with this racquet for 4 months.
From: Timothy, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 03/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro hurricane tour,58 lbs
NTRP Rating: 4-4.5

Comments: I had used Pure Drive Cortex 107 for a year. Then I need to have more control and spin for my game. So I was thinking between APDC and new APDGT. After I tried APDC (which is cheaper), I never looked back! I totally forget how to hit flat now. With my SW grip, my forehand topspin's gone wild. Smaller grip size makes huge difference too. I reduced one grip size from my old stick and I get sharper. Even though this stick has Cortex, I still recommend to use dampener. I tried it with and without dampener. Feeling is totally different. I felt smoother in my arm with dampener. Moreover, this stick is really good for exercise and you must have great stamina. Otherwise, you'll get tired easily.
From: PJ, Sydney, NSW, Australia 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 @ 58 lbs

Comments: Excellent racquet. According to me great for topspin players, not so much for those who like to hit the ball flat. Excellent control over the ball. Super racquet for those with strategic play. Although serve is a bit slower than other counterparts but gives you lot of kick on the second serve. Finally I love this racquet. VAMOS RAFA.
From: M.Prasanth, Hyd, Andhra Pradesh, India, 02/10
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane, 58

Comments: A very good stick. LOTS of spin and power and decent control. Best racket I've ever used for groundstrokes but serves leave something to be desired. Not as good as the original (non cortex version) imo. I look forward to trying out the gt version however
From: okdude1992 from ttw 02/10
String type and tension: 57
NTRP Rating: 4.5-5.0

Comments: I agree with Brad I think this different feeling when you make the same shot comes since the previous version. I have the previous version of this racquet and when I hit the same shot sometimes gets in the court like 2-3 feet inside the baseline and then on another shot the ball bounces like some inches inside the baseline and then on other one it explodes to the wall. With my Yonex rds 001 this usually doesn't happen, shots are more consistent. Still besides that it is powerful and with tons of spin. Hope this help you guys.
From: Edwin, Puerto Rico. 02/10

Comments: My style: I'm a heavy topspin player. I demo'd this racquet several times and my feeling has been the same each of the three times. I so want to like it, but I can't convince myself that I do. It hits a really awesome feeling ball sometimes...feels like the racquet face grows and the ball just explodes off the racquet. But it seems that nearly every ball I hit has a slightly different feel/response.
From: Brad, Peoria, IL, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: demo...synthetic gut, midrange

Comments: I think that this racquet is really good. I find it better on the base line than on volleys. The topspin is great but I find back spin hard to hit. The serving is great but I wouldn't say the best. Backhands are easy because the racquet is heavy I can swing a lot faster, which is good. Over all I think this is a really great choice for people choosing a Babolat racquet.
From: Zachary Harlingen, TX 01/10
XCEL 55/65
100sq.in

Comments: Amazing racquet! After playing Prince racquets for 10 or more years I demo'd this one and immediately bought it. It offers ridiculous topspin on groundstrokes, firm crisp volleys and quite a bit of power although less than other racquets. I gladly gave up some power for the ability to pass or LOB opponents with heavy topspin. This is a racquet for those who love to play angles and put more thought into shots rather than just beating the fuzz off the ball. Racquet is very lightweight so if you want power, YOU have to generate it, rather than relying on the racquet.
From: Jason, Toledo, OH 01/10
String type and tension: Prince topspin@65 lbs.

Comments: Really great overall stick. Groundstrokes were great, it is really easy to vary how much spin you want on each shot. The slice was good, not K SixOne good, but I'm just being picky. Volleys were solid; this stick is very maneuverable at the net. Flat serves take some time to adjust to. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it seems to be a common theme. Spin serves are excellent. Overall a great stick for baseline play. It is very underrated as an all-court stick; easy access to spin isn't limited to topspin groundstrokes. You can really manipulate the ball with this thing.
From: Rob, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 01/10
String type and tension: Luxilon Big banger ALU rough, 50
Headsize: 100 sq. inch

Comments: At first I didn't like this racket because it feels lighter than my usual Babolat Pure Drive. But in the long run I love it because I can feel the spin, control and power for this Babolat aero pro drive. IT'S THE BEST RACKET I HAVE EVER USED!
From: Argeo Salang, Corella, bohol, philippines 01/10
String type and tension: Babolat pro hurricane 60lbs
Headsize:100 sq. in.

Comments: I hated this racquet from the first day I hit with it. I felt it had too much spin, not enough penetration, no stability, and no mass. I felt it was just a racquet with a fancy name...until today. I finally got in the groove and started adjusting my swing. I found that spin is now helpful for how much power I get for swinging so fast and I feel like the serves and overheads are my weakest game now when it used to be my best. So now that's what I'm working on. Drop shots are a beauty and lobs are incredible! My backhand has spin and depth and my forehand is a bomb. Now I just need to work on my timing with the swing, because the swing speed is sooo fast and I'm used to my k6.1 tour (12.8 oz with lead tape and low swing speed) I really have to time it perfect now because the tour had amazing plow through. To get plow through out of this you really need to cup the ball with a fast swing outward. Now I LOVE this racquet with a passion and I have a few friends changing frames because of me.
From: Trevin Jackson, Fresno, Tx, USA. 12/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre black code 16g mains/Wilson NXT Tour 16g crosses (60 lb mains/55 lb crosses)
NTRP Rating: 4.0+

Comments: Love the feel. Somehow felt heavier than the K Pro Open, despite being the same weight and size. Obviously I have the KPro, I also use the Federer model, love that racket but it's just too heavy for long games. So I went and got the Nadal. (If you haven't notice I tend to use player's name instead of model). After a set of playing with out dampener (listen to the wrong people I guess), had to skip out and buy one. since then it's been great. Power when I want power and spin when I want spin.
From: AJ 12/09

Comments: This is by far the best racquet I have ever played with if you want to get a long lasting good quality racquet then this is the racquet for you I use the Babolat pro hurricane tour strings on mine at string tension 58 and its excellent! I can see why Raf uses it!
From: Nicholas, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa 12/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 58 LBS
Headsize: 645cm
NTRP Rating: 10.0)

Comments: I started playing tennis about a year ago with a HEAD TiS6 (which was OK at the time) and recently switched to this racquet and my gosh it is so much better! First off it is weighted very evenly which helps all around (at least for me). Secondly, it has a high swing speed which is ironic to me because it weighs like 5 oz more than my other racquet! If you want to get better at the game or if you want to get into that next level of play (college for me) this racquet can help. NO, it will not make you as good as Nadal... sorry.
From: Jeff, North St. Paul, Minnesota USA 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat pro 16 at 59 lbs
Headsize: 100sq ft
NTRP Rating: 4.0-4.5

Comments: I just purchased a new APDC...this racquet is incredible! I'm a former college level player and have been out of tennis for approx. 16 years. Recently, I decided to get back into the groove and break out the old Pro Staff 6.1 (the Edberg one)...an incredible racquet in its own right. At 50 years old, I'm still in pretty fair shape but found that PS 6.1 is a little to heavy for my game right now. I purchased a K Factor Team SixOne and even though its a great stick too, while hitting with a guy I met at our local courts, he let me hit with the APDC. The results I got were remarkable!!! Great topspin, deep baseline shots, solid volleys and the feel was great. The APDC is also easier on my arm. The next day I demo'd one and played with it for 3 days...of course I bought one and had it strung with Solinco Tour Bite 16...and voila!
From: Kyle, Elk Grove, CA 11/09
String type and tension: Solinco Tour Bite
NTRP Rating: presently 3.5

Comments: This is a great racquet. I am pleasantly surprised with how good groundstrokes are with this racquet. You get the best performance on groundstrokes by swinging fast and hard like Nadal. I am also surprised at how much control and spin you can get with this racquet. My kick serve used to kick about four feet, but now with this racquet it kicks about five feet. The sweet spot is also pretty large. The cortex system reduces the need for a shock absorber. I highly recommend you to use a co-poly string such as Babolat Pro Hurricane. Co-polys really bring out extra pop and spin on this racquet.
From: David, NJ, USA. 11/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 60Lbs

Comments: Great stick. generates lots of spin but not as much power as I hoped for. You really have to know how to hit the ball if you want the full spinning action. Has a big sweetspot.
From: Mitch, 11/09

Comments: If you don't have arm problems, go with a full Poly string job on this racquet, otherwise, like me with shoulder problems, hybrid works well. Gamma Zo twist @ 57 lbs. mains, and Gamma syn gut @59 lbs. crosses. This setup for me let me rip forehands confident that my shots will go in with lots of spin. I am finding it tough on touch like delicate drop shots though, I just avoid hitting them. This racquet is well suited for spin/slice serves as well. Returns on medium paced serves is decent, but hard serves I have difficulty with. Some lead tape I'm sure would help.
From: Marantzbar, NJ 11/09

Comments: I have been using this racket for the last 10 weeks. During that time, I took a lesson to correct my forehand technique, the lesson really made me appreciate this racket. I am enjoying tennis more than ever. My ground strokes are solid. I had a little doubt about this racket on serve when I first tried it, but serve is now my biggest weapon. My topspin serve often bounces to the head height of the opponent. I really can't find any 'bad' from this racket. With proper string, it is a lethal weapon. I am looking forward to the spring season so I can measure my improvement in the USTA league.
From: anon. 10/09

Comments: I have just switched over from the earlier AeroPro Drive (w/o cortex). Initial impression - less feel and power vs the APD. I have started getting used to it now and can really control the ball quite well. Slight lack of power on serves and groundies but hope to get over after some practice. Amazing spin potential. racquet feels lighter than the APD even though specs are supposed to be identical. Currently using hybrid synthetic and Luxilons so will probably use Luxilon only at lower tensions to get the most out of the frame.
From: Juarez, KL, Malaysia. 10/09
String type and tension: Wilson synthetic 16 @ 62 and Luxilon big bang 16 @ 53

Comments: I have played with this racquet for over two months. This racquet is pretty light, but gives you a solid shot, if hit correctly. The Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex offers a big sweet spot and a very sweet shot. The racquet also gives you a lot of topspin. However, this racquet to me lacks in feel and touch. So when I'm volleying, or doing a drop shot, I don't have the feel and touch as I did with my old racquet; the Wilson K. Overall, it is a great racquet. It won me a tournament last week!! So I'm pleased with the racquet overall.
From: Young-Hun, Nashville, TN. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 62LB
NTRP Rating: Junior 14

Comments: I've owned this racquet since 2007 and it has been very reliable. Forehands can generate a lot of topspin and flat shots are accurate as well. On my two hand backhand it was more reliable and precise as well. Lots of pace and spin can be generated. Most of the power comes from your arm and your swing, so this racquet doesn't generate power on its own like the Prince EXO3110 Blue. Slice is generated easily and is very accurate in approach shots. This racquet is more precision and control oriented for me rather than power oriented. Serves get a lot of pop and spin on flat and kick serves, while you can accelerate and generate power and pace on flat serves due to the shape of the frame. Volleys are very solid and touch drop shots as well. Only downside is that it is not forgiving on miss shots or off centered hits. You really "feel" the vibration on those hits, not the good ones. Dampeners aren't needed due to the cortex system, but they help with the feel on the racquet. On most hits on the sweet spot it feels amazing. It's a great racquet for intermediate players and players who like to play aggressively on the baseline.
From: Cris, CA. 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 62 lbs.

Comments: I recently demoed the and really enjoyed it. I found I got the most spin and control over the ball the harder I hit. I won 6-1 3-6 6-3.the first set went well with hard hits and some long shots. the second played safe and noticed it was hard to control the ball with lighter hits. The last set I went all out again and had much better results. Overall I enjoyed this racket and if you have a good swing with decent topspin demo this racket
From: Collin, PA, USA, 10/09

Comments: Best racquet available on the market. Great weighting and balance. My old racquet was the Ncode Fury and the AeroPro drive cortex just blows it away. With this new cortex technology you get great power and control.
From: Griffin, Fort Collins, CO, USA, 10/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 58 lbs
NTRP Rating: Competitive Junior Player

Comments: Ew. Really: I tried this against my friend when we played our weekly 3 setter. The week before I beat him 2&3 with my normal racquet a Blade Tour. I wanted to try something with an open string pattern, and Nadal seemed pretty comfortable with this one. This week I lost 6-1, 6-2. There were shots flying long, frames, shanks, and top edges. The week after, I tried stringing it with something else, away from the recommended Pro Hurricane Tour and Xcel crosses. This time I went with the Signum Pro I use in my Blade. Yes, there was more spin production, (which is probably the only good point about this racquet) and a few less shots going wild. But I think that was due to the strings. Overall, I found it HARDER TO HIT THE MIDDLE than with a headsize 7 sq. inches smaller. The placement on this racquet is shamefully woeful and did I mention? The normal Babolat DEAD SPOTS. (4&8) Go back to Wilson.
From: Hayden, Vancouver, BC, Canada 10/09
String type and tension: Signum Pro @ 52lbs.
NTRP Rating: 5.0- 5.5

Comments: I bought this racket because I was looking for a slightly heavier, yet still very maneuverable, racket. This racket did not disappoint. I had never used Babolat before, and now that I have, I regret not trying it sooner. This is easily the most maneuverable racket I have ever tried, not only at the baseline, but at the net. Even so, the racket was stable at impact. I can't tell you how many times, I just flicked my wrist and the ball exploded off my racket with tons of spin. If you need spin or want more spin, this racket is a magic wand. I was pulling off forehand cross-court winners at will. Even my slice backhand (which I use a lot) was good, even though the frame is thicker than average. On the serve, I had great slice (which has never been my strength). In fact, I hit 2 aces on my first two serves to the deuce court. Flat serves are comfortable and topspin serves (which are my strength) are great. If you want to step up to a heavier racket this could be your racket. If you need to step down in weight, but still want great performance, this racket could be for you. If you like frustrating your opponent with wicked topspin forehands that pin him/her at the baseline, this is for you. This racket felt extremely comfortable too.
From: Ryan, Washington, D.C.
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16, 60lbs

Comments: I love this racquet my previous racquet was Head I-Radical OS and it is great on doubles game and control. However last month demo GT Pure Drive, APDC, Prince Rebel, Head Youtek. I like the APDC and GT pure drive so I decided to buy new one and I tried either on APDC or PD GT before finally deciding to buy and finally purchase APDC both racquet is great but I like more the APDC. This racquet is great on my topspin forehand. Control, volley, and serve is ok don't need much adjustment the only thing quite difficult is hitting flat stroke. I really recommend this racquet especially for baseliner and topspinner players gamestyle. A very dangerous weapon having this racquet love this one :)
From: Ritzie Abes, Philippines 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 58lbs

Comments: Everything is relative to what you are playing with right now - power, spin, control, serve, consistency, etc. With that said, I'm comparing this racquet to the two racquets I've used for the past 15 years - a ProStaff 6.0 85sq in, and an nCode Tour 90 with lead tape that weighs in over 12.8oz. Over the years, I've lost a lot of speed and the precision required to land the ball on the string bed as consistently as I would like. My local shop takes all demo fees and puts it towards racquet purchases so I will preface that I demoed the following racquets along with the APDC and APDC+: Prince Ozone Tour and Pro Tour, Prince EXO3 Rebel Team, Red, White, and Black, Head Youtech Speed Pro MP, LiquidMetal Radical, Microgel Radical, Prestige 600, Yonex RDiS 100, Volkl CP10 Pro, Babolat PDR GT, PDRGT +, PDR and PDR +, AeroStorm, Pure Storm, Pure Storm GT and both Ltd. versions, and every Wilson K series racquet. Of all the racquets tested, I found that my ground strokes were most consistent with the APDC. Hitting partners also testify that my ground strokes have much more pace and spin than all other racquets I demoed. Serves were also easier to control and a lot more powerful compared to my two PS. Only the APDC+ and PDR clocked faster MPHs on serves. The APDC had more pop than all the other racquet but was much slower than lighter racquets like the Ozone Tour and RDiS 100 at the net. It was on par with the Tour 90 in terms of mobility at the net - which was fine with me given the more "pop" and larger sweet spot. The only racquets that provided as much "plow through" as the APDC are my very heavy Tour 90 and the CP10. If you like a lot of vibration - or what other people like to call "feel" - look elsewhere - maybe the RDiS 100, the EXO3 Rebel, PureStorm Ltd. GT, or KBlade 93/98. The confidence provided by this racquet was only rivaled by my Tour 90 which I have played with for the past 4 years. The decision between the the APDC and the APDC+ came down to a few things: I can't stand the bump in the handle of the APDC+, the extra 1/2" takes getting used to, serves are faster but harder to keep in, and finally, the Plus version is much slower at the net. As a result, I've replaced all three of my T90s with two APDCs.
From: Tom Jones, Minneapolis, MN 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Excel + Hurricane hybrid

Comments: This stick is great! Its a must have weapon on the court. Wonderful spin, power, control, look.. You will love the AeroPro Drive
From: Devin, Columbus OH USA 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Power, 58

Comments: Crazy good racquet. I just got it and played with it right away and completely felt comfortable using it. My previous racquet was a Prince O3 and it had a ton of power. I can still generate a lot of power with this racquet and hit with great control. I love this racquet already and can't wait to try it against the other players on my tennis team!
From: Calvin, New Hampshire. 9/09
String type and tension: Babolat Xcel Power 16 gauge

Comments: This racquet is great! Good control, Just enough power, and I love the comfort. Though it took me a while to adjust to it, there is no going back for me now :D
From: Ryan, Vancouver, Canada 09/09
String type and tension: Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour, 58 pounds
NTRP Rating:4.0

Comments: It was time to restring my old Gamma IPEX 5.0 racquet. Rather than dishing out the cash to restring, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new racquet (comes with new strings). It was a close decision between the Head Youtek speed lite and this Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex. I think I ended up picking the Babolat because it looked really "way" cooler. I strung it with Hurricane pro tour 17 @ 58 lbs. I brought home and "boy do I tell you" I was hitting some really nice shots. The racquet is so soft and comfortable, I have never felt any other racquet deliver like this one. I don't know why they recommend this racquet for 3.5+ players because I'm not that good and pretty much found my groove in the first 15min. People say that you can hit with a lot of power and spin... which is very true but I also found my defensive shots were easier to execute. With the weight being so light and the vibrations is so dampened, I would recommend this racquet to someone who's starting to play and serious about the game. This racquet will enable you to hit cleaner, and you will get better faster than you know it!
From: Kyle 09/09

Comments: I have been using this racket since I started about 8 months ago. Now, I play on my schools varsity team. I have made such a big improvement with this racket. I beat out our second singles with this racket. I highly suggest this racket as an athletic beginners racket.
From: Ashley, Washington Township, NJ, USA, 09/09
String type and tension: Luxilon Alu

Comments: I bought it just after demoing it for a few sets! I destroyed a friend (I'd say 4-4,5 player), with whom I usually play even games, but always lose, and I mean always!!! I won 2:0 (with 6:1 the last set), and he even lost his spirit in the end. I mean in every game I was serving an ace or two. I was hitting flat, but not even the full speed, but with surgical precision. He was just watching balls. I one game I even served all 4 aces. One amusing thing must also be said that I hardly gave ace to him with the old racket (low budget Dunlop Evo 255) I do have to say that getting used to it was hard. I had to shoot around 20-30 serves to get the right feel, the balls where just flying too long.... Groundies went well, I got them all, I mainly lost points when he was serving well, and I tried to over push the return, but when I was patient and play 4-5 balls, the point was usually mine. Some of the backhand drop shots all put smile on my face.... I must also add that I play mainly with continental or eastern (or somewhere in between), and with one-handed continental backhand or maybe a bit to eastern. Maybe I must try to go semi-western for forehand to be even more lethal. Shame the season on clay is almost over, but I'll hardly wait the next year.

Comments: Great racquet! Bought it after demoing and comparing against the new pdr GT. PDR undoubtedly helped my serving (pdr was really good serving racket!) but I felt more comfortable with adp in ground strokes. Serving was little tricky with this racket but now getting better consistency as I play more with it. I currently play in USTA 3.5 league. I have semi- western forehand and two handed backhand. It is easy to put a lot of topspin from either side. Also there is something about the feel of this racket at impact. Very solid and yet soft. The racket feels lighter than 11.3 oz. I switched from my normal 4 1/2 grip to 4 3/8 to get more release, after reading about Nadal and Federer's small grip sizes. This racket is surprisingly easy to hit even at my skill so I recommend for anyone 3.5+.
From: Matt, NJ, USA 09/09
String type and tension: Tecnifibre nrg2 17 60lbs

Comments: I own 2 AeroPro Drive Non-Cortex and 1 AeroPro Drive Cortex. I personally like the non-cortex one better maybe that's why I I own a pair. Anyway, I hit with heavy topspin very similar or almost identical to Nadal's forehand with Western Grip so Aeropro drive is basically the perfect racquet for me. I can say this because I have demoed pretty much every single racquet in the market, and eventually Aeropro Drive helped me to find my true playing style, which I now hit with people who is 5.0 or 5.5 (college level players comparing to before a 3.0 just less than a year ago... Heads down, if you hit with heavy top spin, I can't think of any other racquet beside Aeropro, but if you are a all-around player, I would suggest you look into either head or Wilson's racquet. By the way, the only difference between the cortex and non-cortex is I would say I can feel my shot more from the non-cortex.
From: Jie, Chicago, IL 08/09