adidas Barricade V Classic White/Mint Women's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: I have always loved Barricades and this version definitely is as amazing as all previous versions. Just amazing shoes! No break-in needed for me. In fact, right out of the box, I didn't want to take them off. I listened to others who seemed to feel that a 1/2 size smaller was needed. I usually wear an 8.5 so ordered size 8 and they fit perfectly. I have had no issues having worn several times now on court with any friction as some reviewers report around the tongue. Yes, they are very supportive with great arch support and that's probably why some reviewers say they are too stiff. People, you need supportive shoes when playing tennis -- especially those at more advanced levels, 3.5 and higher who highly value court movement. I am ordering 2 more pair as I am so impressed with these shoes and do not want to run the risk of them not being available in 6 months when needed again.
From: Mary, 8/14

Comments: Thank you adidas for bringing these classic Barricades back. I have a foot injury, and the support is awesome. I've tried many pairs of shoes, nothing compares to these. I have to laugh every time someone at my club comments on their court shoes, " just like wearing slippers," -- good luck with that people. Slippers our made for the bedroom, not the court. Please don't ever stop making these shoes!
From: Lulu, 7/14

Comments: Love, love, love these shoes. Have had previous ankle injuries and I love the stability of these shoes. Yes, some might feel they are heavy but they truly offer so much support and they really break right in. Wore them straight out of the box.
From: Lisa, 7/14

Comments: I used to wear Barricades about 5 years ago, and I decided to give them a try again. After just walking around the house with them I decided to send them back without even trying them on the court. Too stiff, heavy and clunky. I wasn't willing to risk trying to break them in, when they felt so uncomfortable from the get go.
From: Donna, 6/14

Comments: I was desperately hoping these shoes would be a good alternative to my beloved Barricade IIs. I am a fairly aggressive 3.5 doubles player with a history of ankle injuries. I've played for years in the IIs so I'm used to the heavier shoe and the wide, built up heel. But the V made me feel like I was playing tennis in wedge heels. I felt if I happened to roll an ankle, I was going to roll from a pretty lofty height. I opted instead for the Asics Gel Resolution 5, which gets me much closer to the ground.
From: Michelle, 5/14

Comments: I'm thrilled they have brought these shoes back -- they are by far the best Barricades, or any other tennis shoe, I've ever played in. I'm a 3.5 singles player that runs a ton on the court, and plays five days a week. These shoes provide excellent lateral support and stability. I don't feel they need much break in, but they feel even more solid after a few weeks of play. It seemed that the Barricades 6,7 and 8 were designed progressively more narrow in the toe box, and I had given up on the Barricades and gone to Prince T22s. However, these Barricade Vs provide the perfect fit for my average width foot, and the awesome lateral support singles players need. These shoes may not have the cushiony feel that some shoes have out of the box, but don't let that fool you, they provide the arch support and foot support needed, and don't cause the sole of my feet to hurt at all. While I haven't had these new Vs long enough to determine the wear of the bottoms, my past experience is that the sole on these shoes will last. Thank you adidas for bringing them back. I'm thrilled! Best tennis shoes ever!
From: Carmen, 2/14