adidas Barricade Classic Bounce Bl/Wh Women's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: Finally! Great shoe -- the Barricade as it should be. After a couple of weird generations of the shoe, I'm happy to wear this and have the comfort and support I came to rely on with the Barricade II. These shoes have excellent arch and ankle support. This shoe is lighter than the incredibly clunky and squeaky version last year, which ran a half size large and felt industrial strength. I did notice that the blue ones are true to size, and the green and white ones run a quarter size larger. Very happy and stockpiling in preparation for the next bizarre generation from adidas.
From: Emma, 1/17

Comments: My daughter wanted more lateral support and cushioning than she was feeling with her Asics. I think she needed a tad more width in the forefoot also. She says these feel more supportive in those areas. We were both surprised to see how big the shoe looked upon opening the box. It has a generous fit, especially in length. It could possibly be described as bulky or boxy; but it is still an attractive shoe overall. I am not sure if you should size down half a size or not. It will depend on your socks and how snug you prefer your fit. I tried on the shoe for a quick minute out of curiosity. It is definitely a lighter version of the old Barricade from years past. Very interesting to see how they try to keep the support and cushioning, while taking off bulk and weight. I like the lateral support on the outside of the shoe. But if I am going to move quickly, I prefer more give on the inside, which seems to be the case with the Ubersonic and the old Feather. My daughter isn't much of a sprinter; so she is just happy to have the cushioning and stability.
From: Rachelrun, 8/16

Comments: I purchased this shoe about 2 months ago and I think it is finally giving in some. As a runner, this shoe is the absolute worse for me. I actually play better in my running shoes then these Barricades. The shoe feels like I have a rectangular block on the top of my feet. And to top it off, the top of my feet hurt for days after my matches but didn't when I played in my running shoes. I am truly disappointed in this shoe and gave it a try because my running shoes are adidas and have been wonderful. But these boxy shoes, and are another story in my experience. I recently switched to the Asics Gel Resolution and so far they are good even though some of the reviews suggest otherwise. One last comment about the Barricade Bounces, they do make your feet look 2 sizes bigger. Good luck if you purchase this style.
From: Stephanie, 8/16
Note from TW: Hi Stephanie, So sorry to hear about your experience in this shoe! Glad the Gel Resolutions are working as we definitely do not recommend running shoes on the court as they don't normally have great lateral support. Feel free to contact us if you have any more issues with shoes! TW Staff

Comments: These shoes are really big and heavy duty. They make my feet look at least a size larger compared to my other adidas tennis shoes. Even though they are only partially white, they read as white. Too big and white for me, I'm sending them back. If you are looking for a lot of support in a shoe, they did seem to be more heavily structured than the adizero Ubersonic that I currently wear.
From: Holly, 4/16

Comments: I had been playing with the adizero line of shoes (the Tempaia then Ubersonic). I absolutely loved the adizeros because they were so light, comfortable and required no break-in. But, I am a 4.0 toe-dragging baseliner and I was going through the soles in about 3 months, so I wanted to switch to something with a 6 month warranty. Also,I pulled my calf muscle on both sides in the past 6 months, so I thought I should switch to a shoe with increased stability. I have been playing in these about 3 weeks and so far these shoes are great. They took about 3 hours to break-in, but I expected that, and I didn't get any blisters. My regular size (7.5) looks a little longer than my adizeros, but still seem to fit perfect.
From: Mary, 3/16

Comments: Love this shoe. If you are a fan of the former Barricade 7, this is your shoe. Get it! Don't look back, just push the button and buy it! My regular size fits fine with a thick pair of socks like thorlos. The front of the shoe has a little room, however my toes are comfortable and in place and my heel does not come out of the shoe either. I might just order a 1/2 size smaller to see. Either way, ladies -- this shoe is winner. No break in time. I feel amazing after a tough match as if I could keep going. Thank you adidas!
From: Anonymous, 1/16