adidas Stella Barricade BOOST Dk. Grey/Wh Women's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: I have a wide foot (I often buy men's shoes) so I was surprised that this shoe is too wide for me. I'd already sized down per the recommendation so the pair I bought was a half size smaller than my usual size. Hard to believe but they're too wide to support my foot. They're the right length so I couldn't go down another size. I'm returning them because of the fit issue, but I might have anyway because these feel like disposable shoes. Just wearing them around the house to try them on, nothing about them seemed sturdy or durable. I play 5 times a week, on hardcourt in the winter, and the uppers on these didn't feel as if they'd stand up to that wear for very long.
From: Anonymous, 1/17

Comments: These are one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I waited until I played in them for several weeks before writing a review because of the mixed reviews they have received. I usually go up 1/2 size in closed shoes and 1/2-1 size in tennis shoes, but definitely had to go down 1/2 size in these. The shoes however do not rub anywhere on my feet and while they are the lightest I have ever worn, I feel close to the ground and incredibly stable. I don't yet know how they will hold up but as it stands now, I will buy another pair to make sure I don't run out of them. I had a terrible time finding a replacement when KSwiss discontinued the Ultrascendors that I wore for many years but I love these at least as much.
From: Rita, 12/16

Comments: Firstly I have to say what excellent service and extremely quick shipping all the way to NZ! Thanks TW! Great shoes, very soft and comfortable -- definitely the comfiest tennis shoes I've ever worn. I can't wait to try them out for interclub. True to size.
From: Ellie, 9/16

Comments: These sneakers slip off my heel. Only to find out after playing a game of tennis. I can no longer return them. Buyer beware. I even bought them half a size down.
From: Kim, 6/16

Comments: These shoes fit me terribly! They are so darn cute that, when I first received them in my usual size and they were way too big, I exchanged them for a smaller size. Then, when I wore them, the arch was in the wrong position of my foot and gave me foot cramps while playing. I have worn Stella Barricades before and they are a bit roomier than my preferred brand (Nike) of tennis shoe. These, however, must be a total redesign, because they fit nothing like my other pair. I know others who have bought this shoe and have been disappointed with the fit. I highly recommend that you walk/run/move around on carpet, a lot, to be sure you like the feel, before committing to the pair!
From: Terri, 4/16
Note from TW: Yes, these do run big. One of our playtesters sized down a full size in these shoes, and we do recommend sizing down at least a half size when ordering them.

Comments: This is a terrific shoe! It feels awesome and I receive tons of compliments! I have always worn Asics Gel Resolution but their cut and sizing has changed and I don't find them as comfortable. I love how grounded I feel in these Barricade Boost shoes. I don't feel as though I will roll my ankle and the mesh top is so comfy. I'm going to get a second pair!
From: Holly, 4/16

Comments: I usually get my shoes at tennis warehouse but I got these from a local tennis store. I've never had problems and at first everything was fine but these really hurt my foot now. I may have to suck up the money and just get another new pair of shoes! I do have decently wide feet and would discourage anyone with a wide foot from getting this shoe. But they are very good looking, I get compliments on them every time I wear them.
From: Sharon, 3/16

Comments: The initial feel is great but was quick to realize that they run almost a full size too big. I attempted wearing double socks but the second problem is that the heel depth is very short and shallow giving a feel that my heel is going to pop out of the shoe. I have happily worn adidas' Barricades for years. I have tried 3 different models of Stella McCartneys and all 3 pairs have been given away. Will not try the Stellas again.
From: Sandy, 3/16
Note from TW: Hi Sandy -- Yes, we agree these shoes do run almost a full size large and as our fit description suggests, we recommend sizing at least a half size down. Once you are in the right size, they should offer ample support and stability. So sorry about your fit issues, feel free to contact us and we can help you get fit into a better shoe for you!