Comments: Great arch support! Super comfortable from the first minute.
From: Julia, 3/13

Comments: Poor shoe compared to the Barricade II (I do not mean Barricade 2). The 7.0's have uppers that provide no support or stability, not too mention that the uppers are not snug enough. If you want a replacement for Barricade II, try the New Balance WC 804.
From: Grace, 1/13

Comments: I normally don't write reviews but I felt like this one was a must. I have been wearing the Barricades for many years but stopped for the last couple of years due the new sizing (half a size bigger) and I'm a size 5 and cannot go any smaller. I have been in search for a new pair and have ordered and used Nike. All of my Nike shoes unfortunately gave me blisters, arch pain and now knee pain. They just don't have enough support in any of them. When I saw the Barricade 7 went back to its original sizing, I did not hesitate to order my new pair, and based on some of the positive reviews I was brave enough to wear it out of the box and played for 2 1/2 hours without breaking them in. I cannot tell you enough how happy I am with these shoes. No blisters, no arch pain, and no knee pain. This was also a lot lighter than the previous style but still have a lot of support. I just ordered the other color and will be ordering more pairs and stock up on these shoes. Thank you Adidas for going back to your true sizing. The search is over! I recommended this to my tennis partner and she also bought two pairs and loves them.
From: Reg, 12/12

Comments: First of all let me say that I have not worn Barricades since the 2's back in 2001 after my first child was born. All of the models since then have been too wide or if I could get them to fit, they were too wide in the heel and slippage was a problem. They were also too bulky on the court. I felt like I was wearing cinder blocks on my feel. These, however, fit perfectly. I have a narrow foot and an even narrower heel. No slippage with these. I typically either wear 2 pairs of thin socks or Thorlos Level 3's. I read that some people complained about lack of lateral support but I have not had that issue. I'm able to move up, back, and side-to-side feeling very supported in these shoes. The light weight is a nice surprise. I can usually tolerate a heavier shoe as long as my feet feel supported. Prior to these shoes I have been wearing the Asics Resolution 2's and 3's. I haven't tried the 4's yet because I read that they were a bit wider than previous versions. I haven't had these shoes very long so I can't speak to the durability. I'm also not a toe dragger so I can't comment on that either. The only thing I don't like about this shoe is how plastic-y it looks. I can live with that as long as my feet are happy. I also noticed in the TW review the testers mentioned the lack of ventilation. I didn't have that problem. I am a 4.0 doubles player that plays year-round on hard courts exclusively.
From: Jackie, 10/12

Comments: I've always played in Nike, but my feet would always hurt after playing. I'm so happy I switched to Adidas a few years ago!

Comments: These shoes are cheap, thin and have little support. They look cheap, and they have no side support. They may be light, but I want support when I run for a ball. I'm an open level tournament on court 6 days a week, and these shoes have lasted 3 weeks. The uppers are falling apart. I hope adidas gets the idea that these are NOT the shoes for serious players. These were sent to me by adidas to replace Barricade 6 warranty. I hope to find more Barricade 6's.
From: Debi, 10/12

Comments: These shoes gave me blisters in really weird areas on my feet (on the sides, toes, etc.). I bought them because they are cute and initially felt very comfortable. After playing for two hours my feet were swelled and hurt so bad.
From: Malena, 10/12

Comments: After wearing out the Barricade 5 and 6 (I play 4 times a week), it was time for me to get new tennis shoes and I didn't hesitate before ordering the Barricade 7. I must say I find them better than the old Barricade. The first improvement you will notice right away is the weight. They are so light that before I opened the box I was scared for a minute that the box would be empty! Being less heavy and less bulky, they made me feel like I'm moving in a lighter way. I felt they supported lateral movement well. I felt completely confident to make sharp changes in direction without fear of stumbling. Another improvement is that there was literally no break-in time needed. The shoes felt comfortable and ready to wear right out of the box. Not that I think it is so important to have a short break-in time, but just saying. I've never worn any other brand for tennis shoes so I can't compare, yet I definitely recommend these shoes.
From: Shif, 9/12

Comments: I have been wearing adidas for at least 20 years on the tennis court, and these have zero lateral support. I guess I will have to buy up all the Barricade 6's I can find, or switch to Prince or Nike.
From: Wendy, 9/12

Comments: I love these tennis shoes! I have a very hard time finding shoes that fit well in the forefoot, because I have a wide foot, but these fit perfectly. The first time I played tennis in them, they felt like I had worn them many times before. They are just so comfortable to play in and required zero break-in time, at least for me. I highly recommend this shoe. Yes, it feels heavier to wear than a Nike tennis shoe, but performs so well on the court. Love it!
From: Crystal, 8/12

Comments: Seriously, they took the best shoe in tennis (the Barricade 6) and made it into this cheap, thin, unsupportive tennis shoes. Looks like I will have to go back to the Barricade II's or find another manufacturer - only problem with that is none of the shoes on the market for women (now) are durable or sturdy and if you are like a lot of tennis players and have foot and ankle injuries in this shoe, you will probably have more injuries. I tried them on and it was an immediate "not in a million year". Please adidas go back to making quality shoes for us! I can't have my fore-foot and toes bending that much and I can't have my feet nearly on the court from thin, flexible materials on the sole/heel. I can't imagine one set in these things much less three. Come on adidas, make the real court shoes for real tennis players.
From: NB, 8/12

Comments: They are light weight but too narrow. They made my feet hurt very bad.
From: Mia, 7/12

Comments: I bought these shoes, they were fine walking around then I played tennis in them and my feet hurt for the rest of the day. They kind of slide up and down my feet. I'm still wearing them because I can't return them and had been saving up for a pair of shoes since september. I usually buy nikes but this time decided to try adidas shoes... I'm going back to Nike once I can save up for another pair.
From: M, 6/12

Comments: I have tried to love these, but they're just impossible to play in. I'm tall and wear a 10.5 medium. These feel tight at the forefoot and loose at the heel to the point where I'm lifting out of them. Also, should've known this from looking at them, but there is zero ventilation so I race to pull them off when I'm done playing. I was a fan of the Barricade 2's.
From: K, 4/12

Comments: Adidas, stop chasing the market in what catches the eye and get back in the driver's seat for the player. Barricade II (the last of the IVs) were the shoes that put you on the map with hardcourt players. When you feel the need to tweek, either hire a player to advise or take some time off. I don't know how many high level players you have forced to sideline with foot issues due to a need to change up or start a trend. Coming from the mouths of USTA players who are now on the fence, "try playing in them before you go to market and that's try playing tennis!" Go back to the original toe box. Body types may have gotten wider but not feet.
From: Debbi-o, 4/12

Comments: This is a very comfortable shoe right out of the box. A little on the hot side, they could be more breathable. They feel very stable. I bought the blue/red ones, they are a little flashy but have kind of a cool look. I do wish the blue material wasn't so shiny and cheap plasticy looking, but they feel so comfortable I think I can put up with it.

Comments: Love this shoe. I could never wear adidas shoes before - they always were too big in the heel. I now just bought two pair and highly recommend this shoe. I find them true to size. My feet are very happy in these shoes - like the K Swiss Tubes - but the tread in those shoes wore out after 2 months. Hopefully these shoes last. Wish they came in more colors.
From: Tina, 3/12

Comments: I have to agree with K. Harris. I have been playing with the Barricades since they came out a very long time ago. I had horrible feet issues with the 6's to the point that I had to take 5 weeks off of tennis (regular 4-5 time/week player) and tried the 7's but had to return those after one wearing. I went back to Barricade 2's and my feet are fine. The barricade is not what it used to be - the best stability and supportive shoe in the business.
From: Marie. 3/12

Comments: I've been playing with barricades for about 3 years an USED to love them, I bought the new ones and actually took them back to the store. They are extremely flat and hurt my feet just by walking in them. The previous models were really cool but these just look cheap! Not recommended at all.

Comments: Been wearing these for a couple of months. pretty nice shoe, good support and comfort, I didn't find it needed much breaking in. I take a half size larger in this shoe (6.5 instead of the usual 6 I wear, which is what I need in Adidas Running shoes, also). Compared to another review, I didn't find this shoe to be narrow in the forefoot at all, and I have a wider forefoot so I'm unable to wear a lot of shoes. I have stayed away from barricades in the past because they were too heavy - I prefer this version. Not as comfy as my Babolat V-Pro's but these will probably last longer, as the Babolat's don't have the structural integrity and break down quicker.
From: Seralee, 2/12

Comments: Excellent shoes! Very light and narrow. Probably the best among recent models.
From: Irina, 1/12

Comments: I am (was) a big fan of the barricade shoes until Adidas changed the women's barricade for the worst. It is no longer what the barricade was designed to be: a highly supportive shoe designed for the best stability and support in the business. Now it is a light weight slipper - fine for most but disappointing those of us who have relied on the Barricade to give us the support we need for various foot problems.
From: K. Harris, FL, USA, 12/11

Comments: Already have played 3 matches wearing the new generation, there will not be a fourth one in this shoes. A few pros: Much lighter, no break in required. Cons: Very narrow in the forefoot, and the cushion in the heel part is not as good as with the B2. The pain was so bad after the matches it was like my neuroma was back in the forefoot and I had a heel spur. I am 4.0, and play 4 to 6 times a week(singles and doubles).

adidas Barricade 7.0 Men's & Women's Shoe Sale
Women's Shoes
Silver Accent
Orange Accent
6.29.11 - [16] women's adidas shoes (JSL)
adidas Women's Tennis Shoes