Ashaway UltraKill 17 RB String Customer feedback

Comments: I string several racquets at my club. I have a chronic string breaker who slices across the ball and causes the string to shred apart. This is the only string that he can use and not break for at least 6 weeks. Everything else lasted maybe a week. I'm surprised at some of the reviews about the lack of durability from this string. I used it myself, when it first came out, and thought it was very durable.

From: John, GA, USA, 06/13

Skill-level: A

Comments: These strings work great on my Eforce HeatSeeker and last about 12-15 days of hard play. But when I put them on my Head TKO they broke in 2 days. I'm having a real problem with the Head racquet breaking strings of any type.
From: Gary, 7/12

Comments: Thought I'd give this string a chance... snapped after about 60 shots. Felt great up until that point. Haven't had any problems like this with my other restrung racquets.
From: Sam, Cleveland, OH, USA, 07/12
Skill-level: B

Comments: Breaks way too easily if you string with mains and crosses.  Broke 3 sets...each after about 3 days of play.  Trying a UltraKill 17 cross and Gamma main hybrid combination.  Great success so far after about 2 weeks of playing hard 3 times a week.  Will try this as a cross with a ProKennex Liquid main next.
From: Jerry, Dayton, OH, USA, 11/10
Skill-level: A/B

Comments: Like the last comments, I had trouble with them breaking really quick. When I try a new set of strings I get 2 or 3 sets of the string. I strung my racket at 33.5 lbs like I always do. They felt good warming up, but the 1st set broke after about half an hour playing. I restrung it again with the 2nd set and they lasted about a week. I don't know what to think about these strings. I haven't had much luck with them.
From:Neil, Nashville, TN, USA, 11/10
Skill-level:A

Comments: I decided to try this string out after a friend informed me about it. I play with an Ektelon Speedport that had Ektelon Premier. I'm a power player. I had this string in my Speedport for two days before it broke. I also had the racquet strung with the 18 gauge as well (string broke during warm up). Not too happy with this string, the color is nice though. Before trying this string, I used Tecnifibre (505 HPR 17) that lasted 3 months before breaking, and the Premier (original string that came with the racquet) lasted 2 months before switching to Tecnifibre. I found more control and playability with the Tecnifibre.
From: Anon, TX, USA, 09/10
Skill-level: A

Comments:  AMAZING!!! So much smack to them! Love it!
From: Steve
City, State, Country:Marion, OH 03/10
Skill-level:B

Comments: Great new product from Ashaway. Powerful and playable. Very nice feel, and who doesn't like green! Definitely give it a try if your looking for a new string. String a few pounds looser than normal, as recommended.
From: Mitch