Comments: Very nice shoe. Fit is true to size for my average width feet. Zero break in period. Cushioning is very good. Since the sole is not staggered agressively (like the Barricade/Yonex 308/Propulse3), it feels much better for me since I am a mid-foot striker. Shoes with staggered soles like the Barricade and the Yonex 308 do not feel smooth to me. -- when transitioning from heel to toe those shoes make my feet feel like they are "slapping" the court -- this results in more fatigue in my legs. On the other hand, the Response Essence, with its less radically staggered sole allows me to move from heel to toe smoothly and I don't feel nearly as much leg fatigue after longer matches or training sessions. In summary, a good shoe, at a good price that fits well, cushions well and does not cause my feet to "slap" the court. Buy with confidence.

Comments: Purchased these shoes a few months back. Definite break-in period. Fits my wider feet in the toe box. This is a shoe, that, in my opinion, needs a short break in period. All in all, not a bad offering from Adidas.
From: JR, 7/13