Comments: My foot is medium/wide so the new Gel Resolution 5s give me that perfect, locked-in feel right out of the box. They have great arch support with a quality insole. Breathable and great durability.
From: Jed, 12/13

Comments: I own 3 pairs of the Asics Gel Resolution 5s so I can rotate them for playing. Overall, I have found this shoe to be excellent. They look good and the cushioning is superior. Beware: the shoe absolutely runs a 1/2 size too long, so like me you will probably need to order a 1/2 size smaller than what you normally wear. The laces also feel a little flimsy for the quality of the shoe. Asics could learn something from the laces used on the KSwiss Glaciator, which are a little beefier and have kinks in them that help to make the laces easier to tie while maintaining the desired snugness. These are minor issues that should be improved upon but that won't stop you from enjoying the performance of this shoe. I would definitely purchase this shoe again.

Comments: After reading reviews, I was hesitant to order the GR5s. The GR4s were great, hands down the best tennis shoe ever made! GR5 is a step down. Every time I wear the shoe, it expands a little more. At this point, I could be wearing three pairs of socks -- the lateral support is gone and the fit is gone. Why would Asics take a great product and replace it with an inferior one? Bring back the GR4s!

Comments: I love Asics and have been buying them since the first Gel Resolutions came out. This is the first time I've been disappointed, honestly. The look is great, but the shoes didn't feel nearly as comfortable from the start as the previous models (still more comfy than any other shoe I've worn). I've already got a couple tears in the fabric on the toe box and I've lost some traction after only 2 1/2 months. Good thing there is a 6 month warranty! I hope the next version are more like the 4's!
From: Cary, 11/13

Comments: I was wearing the Babolat Propulses before, and I must say these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned! They are very light and do not run hot at all. They provide a bit more support in the front than my Babolat shoes and they are lighter and cooler. I love them!
From: Rob, 10/13

Comments: Gave these a try after being loyal to the Barricade. I think I will switch back. My heal slips, the left shoe is comfortable but on the right, the arch is uncomfortable. I think it is the insole, because when I use a Barricade insole, it feels better!
From: Robert, 10/13

Comments: The Gel Resolution 5s run about a half a size large. TW indicated that the Gel Res 4s run large, but I think the 5s run even larger. The 4s are lower to the ground and seem lighter. The 5s also have a bulkier feel. I don't get what Asics was trying to achieve with this version because I dont see an improvement over the 4s. Still a pretty good shoe, but I prefer the Gel Res 4s
From: Antonio, 10/13
Note from TW: We find the Asics Gel Res 5s to not run as big as the 4s, sorry that wasn't the case for your foot.

Comments: First off, the TW staff and service were/are outstanding. I play as a 4.0, and am 6'6" and 230lbs. In a shoe, I need a roomy toe box (not roomy shoe) with some good medial support and serious durability. I was sorely disappointed in the Gel Res 5. Medial support was non-existent, my heel was sliding all over the place, the shoes felt very heavy, they ran about 1/2 size too large (I ordered size 14), and felt really high off the ground. Now have the Propulse 3 in size 14 and they fit like a glove, perfect medial support, feel much lighter and lower to the ground.
From: Ty, 10/13

Comments: I'm a big fan of the Gel Resolution 4s, but when I tried the new 5 model, I found the shoe not as comfortable as the 4. Less cushioning, the sizing is off a bit, and the arch in the 5 is not as reinforced as in the 4. Why mess with a good thing just to bring out a new edition to charge more? I wear a 12.5 in the 4s and the 5 is just a bit too big. I still love Asics over any other shoe, but I really wish shoe companies would stick with what works best and not change something, just to change. Thankfully I have some Resolution 4s around.
From: Wes, 9/13

Comments: Ok, so I'm a guy and I wear a size 10 Asics running shoe for a perfect fit. Had to order a 9 to achieve that same fit in the tennis shoe. However, my wife wears an 8 in an Asics running shoe and the size 8 tennis shoe fit her perfectly. Weird. Now that I have the right fit I have nothing but wonderful comments about the Asics Gel Resolution 5 shoe. Luckily, TW has a great return policy and customer service. Thanks TW!
From: Adam, 8/13

Comments: Asics took one of the best shoes I have ever owned and literally ruined it. For starters, the foot is positioned much higher off the court, so you lose the quick mobility and connection to the ground that the previous Resolution 4's had in spades. Second, they run big. And small. I tried the 9.5, too small. Ordered the 10. Too big. This has never happened to me with Asics, so it's definitely something with this version. I had to wear 3 pairs of socks to get the right fit. Third, the weight feels heavier than the 4s. Feels like glue on your feet. So I won't be ordering or playing with these again. However, if you've never played with Asics, they're probably way better than most shoes so take this review and run with it accordingly. Asics -- please bring back the Resolution 4s and stop messing with perfection.
From: Josh, 8/13

Comments: Definitely a top notch shoe. The sizing is a bit large, so if you have an opportunity to try it before buying it, do so. Otherwise, the shoe performs well. Out of the box, it took me a day to conform to the insole. The shoe has lighter feel than my previous Barricade V, with less stability. But I feel very confident on the court. The durability is better than the 4s but not as much as the Barricades, but it is a good compromise for the increased agility. Overall, it is a very competent shoe that deserves a inquiry.
From: Jonathan, 8/13

Comments: Agreed, these run a half size larger. I tried them on before playing and they seemed like the right size. Playing now, I keep needing to tie the laces tighter. These shoes have a very straight last, which for me is a bit of an issue for one foot. Also, I have a high arch and these shoes have a higher than average arch but the support is more in the middle of foot not at the inside of the shoe. Strange. In other words, the issues for me are not just running a half size large. Positives are well made and seem quite durable and look great.
From: Richard, 8/13

Comments: Awesome Shoes! Never going back to Adidas/Nike ever again. The only issue is they run bigger than normal. My last 20+ pairs of Nike/Adidas/Babolat shoes have been 11.5. I had to get these shoes in 11.0 (1/2 size smaller). I have talked to other couple of friends who wear Res4 or Res5 and they said the same thing, they had to get 1/2 size smaller.
From: Caesar, 7/13

Comments: This is my first pair of Gel Res 5s and I have to admit, I am very surprised about the comfort of this shoe. The arch support is amazing. But they are a bit heavy.
From: Andres, 7/13

Comments: I own the Gel Resolution 5s which replaced my 4s due to the soles wearing out prematurely, (before 6 months). It was nice to see that Asics and Tennis Warehouse stood behind the warranty and replaced the shoes, no questions asked. With that said I have a few issues with the 5s -- the shoe laces are shorter (in my opinion not a good thing), it is a beefy shoe to the point of being heavier, and as a result they don't feel as nimble as the 4s. In my opinion, Asics put too much rubber on the inboard side of the shoes, to that point that I was approaching an overhead and my right sneaker got hung up, I fell down, rolled my ankle and sustained a bad sprained ankle. I have been an Asics fan for many years, but this experience has me questioning if I am going to continue with the 5s once I am mobile again.
From: Don, 6/13

Comments: I've been using my Gel Res 5 shoes for two months and I really like them so much. They are kind of similar to the Vapor 9 but more durable.
From: Justin, 6/13

Comments: It's the first time I have used Asics and I think from now on I will be true to the brand! Long lasting shoes, and the best comfort I've ever experienced. I was previously loyal to the Barricade.
From: Daniel, 6/13

Comments: These are great shoes and a welcome update to the GR4s. I am a fan of the barricade 7 too, but while this shoe is not as durable, overall, I prefer it. The only negative for me is the Drag-Guard ("P-Guard") does not reach high enough up on the shoe and I've torn some of the upper after less than two hours. It only goes to the first lace hole, on the Nike CourtBallistecs it goes almost to the 4th lace hole. If this were improved I'd give this shoe 5 stars.
From: Nick, 5/13

Comments: These Asics do not work for me. I'm a 5'11" 210lbs all-court player that plays primarily singles. These shoes are too soft for me and thus don't provide enough stability for my feet and ankles. I'm coming from the Barricade 6 and Yonex 307, neither of which gave me any ankle issues. These shoes, though true to size and comfortable, are just too soft. I don't turn my ankle when I play with these shoes. I just slowly find my left ankle swelling as I play. Everybody has their own issues. My conclusions is that this shoe is just too lightly constructed to provide me the support I require. I'm an ex basketball player and might be considered a power player. Also, I find these shoes mark up the courts I play on.
From: Pete, 5/13

Comments: The Asics Resolution 5 were a love letter to my feet! I absolutely love them and can't stop raving about the optimal blend of esthetics, comfort, stability and fast feel. Coming from the Barricade 7, which were really stable, almost to the point where you needed so mush energy to move them around a court, I needed to sacrifice some stability for a faster feel. As the TW description says, the arch support is slightly lower than medium so if you have flat feet, low arches or wide feet you will love these shoes. Out of the box they felt heavenly and no break-in was required.

Comments: These are by far the best tennis shoes I have ever owned. I am a high school player who will be playing D2 college level next year and these shoes hold up! Regarding comfort, this is the ideal shoe. My arches are lower than most and I have a wide fore-foot. I have tried everything from the Barricades to the Courtballistecs to the Propulses and all of them either caused me pain in my arches, loss of toe nails, or lack of durability. The Gel Res 5s have great cushion, a wider toe box, and lower support which feels great. I have put about 50 hours on them in just a little over a month and I have worn them down to the insole along the left toe and they still have some bounce! I am a pretty heavy toe dragger and the fact that they have lasted this long without being completely dead is amazing because that means I can really milk the durability guarantee. So in short, as long as Asics doesn't make any major changes to the shoe, this will be my shoe for life.
From: Jonathan, 5/13

Comments: I have a high arch and medium width forefoot and wear a size 12. These are the perfect fit for me as I find Nikes to be too narrow.

Comments: Extremely comfortable and great support. I normally use Babolats and Yonex but I am very happy about this shoes. No break-in required. Only problem is the black marks it leaves all over the court. That's an issue if your tennis director cares about it.
From: Dario, 4/13

Comments: This shoe is very comfortable and has great traction and support. It would be my favorite shoe except for the black marks it leaves all over the court! Avid toe draggers beware!
From: Luxinterna, 4/13

Comments: Good arch support, fits true to size, very comfortable shoe even during 4-5 hours of play. No break-in required. Love them in black!!
From: SS, 3/13

Comments: These shoes were great during the first couple of weeks, but as they started to break in, they became loose fitting. I really put them to the test. I played about 6 USTA 4.5 matches with them, and by the end, my feet were sliding all over the place inside the shoe. I may need to wear 2 or 3 pairs of socks to make them fit now, but I think ultimately I need to move on to another shoe.

Comments: I have used the previous version and now am trying these. The previous version was great, I never thought it was a size longer. It did open up with time and towards the end of its life the shoe did feel bigger. They also felt more like running shoes rather than tennis shoes not providing as much sideward stability. These shoes are an enhancement. They fit tight, are comfy, seem to provide great stability and look awesome. 5 stars and highly recommended. The other shoe I would recommend is the Babolat Propulse 4. I have wide feet and wear a size 13, I play everyday and weigh 200 pounds.
From: SK, 3/13

Comments: I need to amend my review below. I loved the Gel Resolution 4 but didn't like the Gel Resolution 5 in the same size. However, I tried a half-size smaller and it's much better. In my opinion, the GR5 runs a bit bigger than the GR4. Good shoe.
From: T.T.,3/13

Comments: First time Asics user and I love them! They are quite comfortable, but what I like is that they are quite stable as well. I feel very fast on the court. The colors look awesome as well!
From: Kai, 2/13

Comments: I agree with the other reviews that this shoe does not lock down to fit as snug as the GR4. I really loved the GR4 but I'm disappointed in the GR5. But the black/blue color is awesome. I'll be playing in Nike Vapors this year.
From: T.T., 2/13

Comments: I was a huge fan of the Asics Gel Resolution 3. It provided a very snug fit, was light and also provided good support. I thought it was the perfect tennis shoe. I did not buy the Gel Resolution 4 when they came out. I read that they ran a half size larger, but I don't really know though. Didn't need them as my Gel Resolution 3s were still functional. Finally my Gel Resolution 3 shoes were wearing out a bit (the uppers) and I needed a new shoe. I waited for the Gel Resolution 5 to come out and bought the black and blue version as soon as they came out. When I tried them on, to my surprise, the fit was different. They are roomy in the toe box, and not snug. I have a slim foot and wear a size 7 shoe (which is the smallest size they come in apparently). Anyways, I do not like the fit. They are too roomy and almost feel too light (like they are not supportive enough). The roomy toe box bugs me, as it feels like my foot moves side to side in the front of the shoe a little. The medial aspect of my knee was bothering me after the second time I used them. The fourth time I used them (today) the medial aspect of my knee again hurt. I don't know why, but it does not feel like a great shoe based on the lack of a snug fit. I am going to have to look for a different shoe. Miss the Gel Resolution 3, as that was the perfect tennis shoe for me.
From: K.A., 2/13

Comments: Got my GR5s today and they look great! The black and blue pair look stunning in person. I'm a first time Asics user previously using Court Ballistics. This shoe feels great and much lighter than the Ballistecs. I really hope they last as long!

Comments: I played 4 sets in them tonight, and they feel cozy and quick! Thank you Asics!
From: McKenzie, 2/13

Comments: The biggest and most noticeable difference between these and previous versions of the Gel Resolutions is a wider toe box. As my foot is a bit on the narrow side, I definitely prefer the fit of the previous version.
From: Tim, 2/13