adidas Barricade V Classic Onix/Silver Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: These shoes did not slide on clay for me. Not only did they not slide, but they acted like air brakes. Since I play 95% of my time on clay, these shoes became immediately useless to me. I wish I would have known this ahead of time, but perhaps someone else can learn from my mistake.
From: Ben, 8/14

Comments: These shoes are well made. You can tell that the soles will last for a long time. I do find that there is a little heel slippage and the soles are still rigid (no flex) after a few months of play. These are great shoes for cycling because of the rigidness of the soles. The shoe at times feel a little clunky, so they are good practice shoes, but not match play. There are better shoes in this price range so I would not buy these shoes again.
From: Stephen, 7/14

Comments: I had my big toe jammed into the end of the shoe while chasing after a lob. My big toe became black and blue and I had problem walking for a week. Maybe I didn't tie my shoelaces very tight, but this never happened to me with any other shoes while playing tennis.
From: Cy, 7/14

Comments: I agree with the previous post. I just went to a local store and left without the B5. Comparing the B5 and B7 for the size of 7.5, I found B5 to be more narrow than my B7. I would need to go up to a size of 8.5 for the width. But, it's just too long for my feet. My next Barricade will be B8. Just don't like the look of the coming B8+.
From: Sat, 6/14

Comments: Much more narrow and longer than the original B5. These shoe have the cosmetic of the B5 but the internal structure, shoe shape, and overall feel is like that of later barricades.
From: Ted, 6/14

Comments: I was thrilled that adidas brought back my favorite shoe. It is not as good as the original but it's close. The collar and tongue are not as padded but it's lighter because of it. I returned the shoes under the outsole warranty and they replaced them with a pair of Barricade 8s which I consider to be the worst of all the Barricades.

Comments: Do not use this shoe on clay surfaces if your game involves sliding! You will not be able to slide with this shoe on clay due to the aggressive chevron tread pattern on the front of the shoe. As I found out, you will lock up like cleats are digging into the clay surface. Dangerous. Unfortunately, I didn't examine the tread before buying these shoes. I play 90% of the time on HarTru, so these shoes will be relegated to the closet.
From: Ben, 4/14

Comments: Best shoe ever and it is a looker! Several years ago, I bought many pairs of these thinking they would never make them again, but now, I am trying to wear them as fast as I can so I can buy more of these before they are gone again! adidas, please bring other colors as well!
From: Fernando, 4/14

Comments: I was pleased to see adidas brought these shoes back and updated the style as well. Unfortunately, they changed the cut around the ankle, and it is now too high, and rubs around the ankle. I experienced it on both ankles and returned the shoes. Very disappointing. Not sure where to go now since this design seems to be in all the other Barricades as well based on the reviews.

Comments: I was so excited when I saw that adidas brought back the Barricade V. I have owned 2 pairs of the Barricade IV, 3 pairs of the Barricade V, and 1 pair of the Barricade VII. The 7s are fine on the court but a little stiff (and a little difficult to put on) and not nearly as comfy as the 4 or 5. I jumped on the opportunity to get the 5s again. I've always worn a 10.5 in the Barricade, well the "new" barricade Vs don't fit quite the same. Very loose in the heel but ok in the toe. If I ordered a 10 they would certainly be too short. Also stiffer than the original V and the tongue is not as soft and comfy. I've returned the shoes and am debating whether or not I should risk the 8. I've tried them on in store and don't feel any hint of ankle issues i've read about in the review section. It's a great price but customer service said I couldn't return the shoe based on the ankle/eyelet issue (if I indeed had that issue). They said it wasn't a defect, just the construction of the shoe. Hmmm. What to do?

Comments: Based on the positive comments here, I bought it, but returned it, because I experienced the dreaded outside top eyelet material digging into just under the outside ankle bone like what has been commented on the B8s. But only on the right shoe, so maybe it was a QC issue but I didn't want to try again. Bought the B7s and am much happier. The B2s were the best ever. Wish they'd bring them back!
From: Andy, 3/14

Comments: Terrible fit -- too long and very stiff. My last pair were so much softer and fit better.

Comments: I am a former touring pro, and had worn adidas for decades until the Barricade 6. With that iteration, adidas totally changed the internals of the shoe such that even with custom orthotics, the shoes were incredibly painful for me to wear. So even though externally these look like the V, internally they are the same as the newer generations. If you like the narrow fit of Nike, you'll probably like these. By the way, if you're looking for another shoe, I highly recommend the Lotto Ultra Raptor IV.

Comments: Thank you adidas! The collar is less padded and the tongue is a little different but these are still the best Barricade. The fit, stability, comfort and durability are what you expect for a Barricade. Great shoe!

Comments: Best tennis shoes for me. Period. Very glad they brought them back and I hope adidas never stops making them. Superb fit, stability, cushioning and better fitting than the originals. Best tennis shoes ever made in my opinion.
From: Carl, 2/14

Comments: These shoes get the trophy for the most comfortable, durable, and sexiest tennis shoes ever known to the human race. I am so glad that adidas brought them back because the shoes after these aren't as good. I hope that adidas knows how right they got these shoes. I remember when every tennis player had these shoes, but now eveyone is wearing Nike or Asics. No shoe has lasted as long as these. I usually go through shoes in 2-4 months but these Vs last 5-7 months for me.

Comments: I quit wearing Barricades after trying the 6s and switched to Nike. In my opinion, the V was the best Barricade ever for performance and cosmetics. What is up with the last two versions? I would never wear them. Plain, clunky, extremely unappealing. So happy the Vs have returned. Time to switch back. Thanks adidas!
From: Johnny, 1/14

Comments: Love them -- these are the best shoes ever!
From: Fernando, 1/14

Comments: Amazing shoes and thanks adidas for re-releasing these. I disliked the B6, really liked the B7, though the B8 is okay but the best is back -- the B5s are tremendous. Stable, durable, breathable, feel far lighter on foot than the stats say and just a quality shoe for $99, plus they include a warranty. Can't ask for more! Other companies should take note. 5 stars (so long as the upper drag guard holds up as well as the B7's)!
From: Carl, 1/14