adidas Barricade 8 Blue/Wh/Navy Men's Shoe Customer feedback

Comments: The toe jamming is very unbearable! I am going back to the Barricade 7s. Now I know why novak is not wearing this shoe!
From: Grant, 4/14

Comments: Worst shoe ever! As an Asics wearer for the last 7 years I was forced to switch to the Barricade 8s because the Asics are unavailable in Singapore. On to the Barricades -- static fit and support seemed good but after the 1st 2 hours, I had the eyelet issue and noticed for the first time my knee was bothering me. Wrote that off to some break-in time. Unfortunately, after 2 solid weeks on this shoe adjusting lacing etc., still having eyelet issue and now that they've worn in and I am having the toe jambing issue others have talked about. I'm fed up with these and am going to my beatup Asics till I find another solution.
From: Bob, 3/14

Comments: I should have read these comments before I ordered the Barricade 8. I love the Barricade line and have been using them for a few years (5, 6, 7) so I didnt think much about reading the reviews. Boy, was I disappointed! I had the exact same issue noted by others -- the laces/eyelets dug into my ankles to the point where I put on bandages at the start of the match. I will return these and see if I can get a Barricade 7 pair.
From: Amar, 3/14

Comments: These shoes suck! Whoever designed and cut the mold for the Barricade 8 should be fired. I wear a size 16 and have never had a problem with previous versions of the Barricade. This shoe is cut a 1/4-1/2 size too small. adidas is the only company out there that makes a decent tennis shoe in size 16 and it is a shame that the Barricade 8 is a total disappointment. You've been in the shoe business way too long to be making these kinds of mistakes. Go back to the Barricade 6 or 7 mold and get some quality control on your sizes please.
From: Ray, 3/14

Comments: As a longtime Barricade wearer, I was a bit concerned reading all the negative reviews about toe- jamming and general discomfort. After playing in my new 8s, I'm suffering from severe discomfort -- the shoe just seems more narrow, less stable, extremely stiff and uncomfortable. I've tried my orthotics and adidas' insoles, but there seems to be a bump in the footbed, which causes extreme discomfort. The toe-jamming phenomenon that other readers have cited is also quite real. The difference between the 7s and 8s seems like night and day. Although I'm laced up tight (and the sizing seems correct), my foot just seems to wobble in the 8s. I actually stopped mid-set last night and changed back to my worn-out 7s. I'm going to try and break the 8s in and see if there's any improvement, but I'm not hopeful at all since all the 7s that I've had have been comfortable right out of the box.
From: Bill, 3/14

Comments: After wearing out a pair of 7s, I bought a pair of 8s (in the same size) here from TW. The ankle issue is intense. At first it was on the inside of both ankles just under the protruding bone. I thought it would wear in over time. I doubled up on socks, left the last lacing out, even pulled the padding out to get lower in the shoe. I have gone as far as to weave padding around the inside area of that right shoe. For me, that right foot, inside spot, just rear of the last eyelet continues to rub the ankle red raw. Very disappointing. This is my first online comment.
From: Anthony, 3/14

Comments: To respond to Glenn and Brian both, I have the B8s and over the past two weeks the exact same problem has cropped up really badly. I have seen people suggest the sole gets compacted through wear, and your foot sits just low enough to where the upper medial eyelet starts digging into your foot. One guy online said to tighten all your laces super tight except the topmost medial eyelet (which you do up loosely) to retain stability without the pain. Haven't tried it yet. In any case, thinking of getting an insert for my right foot so I can lift my foot a little higher, which will hopefully alleviate the ankle pain. Mid-match today, I had to actually change to an old Wilson shoe because the pain got so bad with the B8s. I have a big bruise on my right foot just next to the inner (medial) ankle.
From: Kyle, 3/14

Comments: Horrible shoe! For decades, I was wearing only Nike tennis shoes, from Agassi's Air Tech Challenge up to Nadal's Courtballistic 4.3. For some reason (being a Nole fan), I switched to adidas and thought that the latest model should be the best. What a great mistake! To be serious, the shoes are beautiful, I have the black/red/white edition, but, my ankles hurt all the time, even with 2 pairs of socks. These shoes are stiff and heavy, simply unconfortable. No comparison to Nike especially the bad cushioning. So I tried another adidas, the B7 silver edition from 2013 and those shoes are great! No stiffnes, minimum break in time and top cushioning. And they look great, I like them very much! I think that's the reason why Novak doesn't switch to the B8, they are horrible.
From: Guenter, 3/14

Comments: I love these! Best performing tennis shoes I've ever had. Change of direction and stability is simply the best I have ever experiened and I've had mine for 4 months now with no sign of wear. I had a slight problem with my left big toe jamming but I took more care in lacing them tighter in the forefoot and that went away. Great shoes.

Comments: I bought the Barricade 8 three weeks ago, and after a 2 hour match I was certain that i would be returning them. The shoe lace eye lits were tearing into my ankle and causing intense pain. It was a shame because the low profile and wide sole were exactly what I was looking for. I decided to play in a heavier sock and to try an break in the shoe by wearing them around the house. Fortunately, the shoe loosend up and the ankle pain is now gone. the shoes are keepers, but I wish adidas had done a better job in building the shoe with softer materials where the ankle and shoe lace eyelits meet.

Comments: I had a pair of Barricade 2s that I absolutely love, but they were wearing out and I needed a new pair of shoes. I figured by upgrading to the Barricade 8 that I would get the same comfort and pleasure from these shoes. My old Barricades were extremely comfortable from day 1, but these new Barricade 8 were very stiff out of the box. I figured that it would probably need a break-in period, but after using them about 8 times, I found these shoes were not getting any more comfortable. The Barricade 8 would cut into my feet around the arch, they are extremely stiff around the top eye holes and they pinched my big toe on both feet so much, my toe nails turned black. I thought maybe I had the wrong size, but I have double checked that they are the same size as my old shoes. These shoe may work for some, but I cannot continue to use them due to the uncomfortable feel. I am in search of a better pair of shoes.
From: Jason, 2/14

Comments: A lot of cushioning and support! l play high school varsity tennis and rely on my footwork a lot. The Barricade 8 doesn't show any sign of wear on the outsole after 3 months (on average of 6 hours per week). The only problem l had with these shoes was that my toes were jamming into the shoes if l take a rapid stop even with 2 pairs of Nike cushioned socks. l would rate this shoe 4.5 out of 5 overall and strongly recommend it!
From: Yifan, 2/14

Comments: Wow -- I can't understand how anyone considers these are softer than the 7s. They feel more narrow and stiffer to me. The design flaw of that sharp corner digging into your ankle bone hasn't been fixed, either.
From: Bob, 2/14

Comments: I wanted to respond to Brian (who posted feedback a bit below me). I've just played tennis this evening and my B8s are causing the exact same pain in my left foot just above the ankle. Have you found a solution for this issue? It must be a problem with the shoe if it is affecting us both?
From: Glenn, 2/14

Comments: I have been a user of the Barricade shoes for years now. This time I am extremely disappointed with the new material they use in the upper shoe. The plastic material they use instead of the fabric is very stiff. This has created a blister in my right foot, and the support I get in my feet is terrible causing my toes to be hurt and discomfort when playing. adidas did not do good with this change. I will never buy a Barricade again unless they use the fabric they used before.
From: Gabriel, 2/14

Comments: I honestly do not see what all the fuss is about these shoes. Don't let all of these negative reviews get to you about these shoes. These shoes are pretty bad with the insoles that they give you. I did have that foot swimming problem at first but what I did was I took one of insoles from my other shoes and actually put them under that cheap stock insole. This made my foot rise a little bit so that my foot would sit perfect inside of the shoe without sliding anywhere. This shoe definitely provides great support laterally and is very quick to retrieve dropshots. The shoe is relatively light compared to some of the other shoes I have played with (Prince T22 and T24) both of these shoes weighed over a pound a piece. The Barricade 8 has a nice light feel but all of the support a player needs. It also provides a lot of traction and is very comfy. It ventilates very well! The mesh definitely does a great job. I usually wear through outsoles like crazy, I seriously got through the outsole of my Prince shoes in a month. I've had these Barricades for two weeks and they are not showing a single sign of wear. The sides also have a tough exterior, I slide a lot while playing on hard courts and these shoes definitely can handle it. I am actually kind of worried that I might not get to use the six month warranty with these shoes because they are so tough. As for breaking in, These shoes broke in fairly quickly, they are kind of stiff though. I like my shoes to be slightly on the stiff side though, It provides more support for forward and backward movement. I am missing the warranty card or paper that was supposed to come with so I should probably handle that before hand. I rank myself to be a 4.0-4.5 player. Defintely a great shoe, don't let all of these mixed feedbacks turn you away. You just have to try the shoe, besides Tennis Warehouse provides a great return policy so there is nothing to lose.

Comments: I loved my previous Barricade 6s they lasted me about 2 years and then I decided to try Nike. After not being pleased with the Nike, I decided to switch back and bought these shoes. They look very nice (white and blue version) and the mesh is a nice addition. My main problem is that the left shoe has part of it digging into the side of my foot which has caused a lot of pain while playing. I'm not sure if it is an issue with the pair I received or just a common issue, but other than that I like the shoes.

Comments: As a faithful Barricade fan, I really liked the look of the 8s. Love the mesh and the color selection but really disappointed in the wear and playability. Eyelets on both sides of my ankles caused rubbing that would have been a blister had I not stopped playing. The issue of toe jamming is evident in all of the Barricades is evident here as well. The "bump" in the shoe as described earlier accompanies the unusual stiffness in the foot bed and accentuates the feeling of wearing 2 "clunkers" on my feet! I have tried the CourtBallistcs by Nike and will return to their use and chalk this model as a bad experience. I will try and return them as defective.
From: KPH, 1/14

Comments: Don't let all the negative comments make you hesitate -- give them a try! I'm a Barricade owner of the 5, 6, 7, and now 8. I almost passed on the 8 due to the negative feedback. Because of TW's great return policy, I decided to at least try them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I personally don't see what all the negative fuss is over: ["worst Barricade ever..." "worst shoe ever..."] Really? I am a hefty 40 year-old, low-on-totem-pole 4.0. Not an excessive toe-dragger. To me, the base of the shoe feels like previous generations -- it takes a few hours of break-in. That's a Barricade. The upper, I like the mesh, and can feel the air. More compliant than previous models in the forefoot; a welcome change to me. Sizing note: my foot measures 12.5. Wore 13s in Barricades for years, and my one knock was the narrow, stiff forefoot (especially the Barricade 6). Took a 13.5 in the Barricade 8 to yield the correct length/width, best forefoot flex yet. Makes me wonder if I've ever had the right size. In summary, I returned to Barricades because I trust them to protect my joints against tennis wear-tear and my heavy self. I don't boast of extreme shoe-shredding footwork, but I usually wear down "no-warranty" shoes within a year. In my opinion, while I've only played in them twice, the improvements in ventilation and forefoot flex (Maybe related to right size?) lead me to say that it's potentially the best Barricade ever!

Comments: Initially and in 'stock' form these shoes are absolutely terrible -- hard, harsh and a different fit than the Barricade 7s. Once I swapped out the adidas insoles for some super cushy ones and began using much thinner socks the shoes are much more pleasant to wear. Excellent traction, foot stability and seemingly good durabilty. But again, I emphasize they required a fair amount of break-in. After the break-in and personal modifications (much thinner socks) they now feel great.
From: Scott, 1/14

Comments: I see Novak is wearing the B7 and not B8, and the fact that adidas just brought back the B5 is enough said about the B8. The B8 has a tight fit (and does not enjoy a huge weight advantage for the classic support feel that it gives you). I have 6 paris of B5 in various colors. I skipped the B6 (the toe box is too narrow for my wide feet). Then 6 pairs of B7 in various colors. The B5 is the best, until the B7 came along (lighter, much shorter break in and equally supportive despite being slightly less durable). But I figure 6 pairs will last me a long time.
From: Marv,1/14

Comments: I completely agree with Siegfried's comment on 1/14. I tried the Barricade 8 and immediately sprained my ankle! The shoe feels very high off the ground and I did not feel secure at all. Yes the traction is great, but the ease of spraining an ankle is deal breaker for me. Perhaps if you wear an ankle brace while playing in it they might work. However, there are other shoes that have great traction without the ankle spraining problem; e.g., the Nike Courtballistec 4.3, Nike Lunar Ballistec, and the Asics Gel Resolution 5 (all of which have outsole guarantees).
From: Prem, 1/14

Comments: The first thing I noticed when I first played with the Barricade 8 was the fact that they needed almost no break in period. A few minutes on the court and they felt great. The uppers are much more supple than that of the Barricade 7. Even though this makes the shoe much lighter and more comfortable, it also comes with a downfall. I've been wearing the shoe on hard courts only for about 2 months, and the side of my left shoe (around where my little toe is) has completely torn apart, down to the base mesh. This doesn't really affect the performance that much, but there are threads from the top layer of mesh going everywhere and it is just a complete mess. I do a lot of sliding on hard court and drag my left toe and am pretty heavy on my shoes in general. Another thing i noticed is that the inside part of my left shoe almost has a hole in it. This is probably from dragging it on the ground when I slide. I found that the outsole has held up extremely well. I play on clay a lot and do not use the Barricades for clay. I play on hard court probably about 10 hours a week, and my left toe has just started to get a little slick. Also, if I push it down, it feels a little bit squishy, like I can feel that the midsole is going to start coming through soon. But for 2 months this is very good for me as usually my shoes don't last more than a month. Overall, the Barricade 8 is more comfortable, more flexible, and lighter than the Barricade 7, but the Barricade 7 definitely has better durability in the upper and better for toe draggers like me.
From: Sasha, 1/14

Comments: These are the worst Barricades ever and I have worn them all! There is no stability and your foot slides all over the place. The cushioning isn't any better than the stability. I have ordered the re-released V and hopefully adidas hasn't changed it too much otherwise I will stock up on 7s.

Comments: I've been wearing Barricade 6s for the past couple years. For some reason I thought I should try something new. The 8s feel lumpy, heavy and unstable comparatively. In fact, I just rolled my ankle playing in them. Now I'm looking for new shoes and a good ankle brace. Argh.
From: Siegfried. 1/14

Comments: This is no exaggeration when I say that these might be the worst shoes of all time. I have many shoes - - older Barricades, Babolats, Nikes, KSwiss, Asics, etc., I have tried them all. This shoe is horrible. It's heavy and slow. My toes slide and jam causing pain. The stiffness didnt break in even after 6 or 7 uses. The arch design gave me plantar fasciitis. adidas lost me as a customer forever with this one. Asics Gel Resolutions still gets my top vote.

Comments: These do not last. The mesh fabric breaks on the outside (lateral side) of both shoes due to making quick stops/cuts. The toe box is way too loose, my foot swims in it. Very inferior shoe in comparision to its predecessors.

Comments: Tried these on in the store and was turned off right away. Bad fit -- too much movement and toe jam. I'll stick with other brands for now.

Comments: First time full Barricade buyer, I have used and loved the Team Barricades, but these are another animal and better. Sure, they are heavier than the Teams but man, the lateral support is amazing. They took a little time to break in, about 2-3 hitting sessions, but they weren't that bad. At first, I had some toe jamming problems but I fine-tuned the lacing and it went away. Extremely impressed with the comfort and performance and since the Teams were great for durability (not so great cushioning) the full Barricades (which have excellent cushioning) should be fine. I like dark shoes so I like this color scheme.

Comments: I decided to buy some Barricade 8s even after reading some of the negative reviews. I'm a big fan of the 7s and as soon as I tried on the 8s I realized they were not for me. They have a much different feel and seem as though they do not come up as high around the ankle as the 7s. My heel felt like it was coming out of the shoe even though my toes were almost to the end of the shoe. Good thing Tennis Warehouse has free returns! I plan on getting a few pair of 7s before they are gone forever
From: Brandon, 1/14

Comments: The only thing I like about the 8s is the mesh. Otherwise, I think it's a step backwards. The shoe is extremely stiff. The material on the side of the arch is extremely rough. I have a hotspot on my right big toe where that never happened with the Barricade 7s. It will be my last pair I buy. Time to switch to something else.

Comments: I'm also having a problem with the eyelets digging into my ankles. I like these shoes, but like the 7s better.

Comments: This is the best shoe for lateral support on the market. If you play, and do so athletically, you have to be in Barricades. If you know tennis, you know that it's all about lateral movement. Asics has no lateral support, Nike has Vapors which have no lateral support. Get the Barricades -- you'll be hooked.
From: Feli, 1/14

Comments: These felt perfect when I tried them on, but within one hour of play, a significant blister came up on both sides of my upper ankle. There is a very hard roll of plastic that creates a friction spot that no bandaid will ever stop. Very good looking shoe, but I am returning them as defective.

Comments: Stiff shoes, with great traction. I have a little rubbing in the arch, but I think that will go away. My toes jam with quick stops. This will be my last Barricade purchase ever. I keep coming back to these shoes, with every new iteration, I keep hoping they fix this problem.
From: Roy, 12/13

Comments: I have a solution for adidas. Instead of trying to make a new Barricade shoe every year or so, why don't you come out with the Barricade wide toe box (like Barricade 5 and 8) and also produce the Barricade narrow toe box (like the Barricade 2 and 7)? I have the Barricade 8s and love them as well as the old 5s since I have a wider foot. I hated the 7s since they were too narrow for me, but others thought they were the best ever.

Comments: Stiff out of the box. Solid feel though a bit heavy. Large toebox. I seem to be sliding into the front and jamming my toe on both sides, even when rallying. Sloppy feel compared to previous Barricades.
From: Al, 12/13

Comments: Overall, a pretty good shoe. However, I think you should try them on before purchasing. It has a certain type of fit that is excellent but if it doesn't fit you, you will have a bad experience.

Comments: Bring back the Barricade 2s! Enough said!
From: Mel, 12/13

Comments: Good, stable shoe. Feet are supported well side-to-side and front-to-back. Toe box seems narrower than average. Hard outsole that appears will last as advertised. I am also experiencing the blistering mentioned in some customer reviews -- due to the stiff top eyelet area of the shoe rubbing on the inside of my ankle.
From: GS, 12/13

Comments: Generally speaking, I had the older model Barricades (really neat looking all white with black highlights, maybe they were the Barricade 6) from adidas and I liked that fit the best. Now, these newer model Barricade 8s have one problem I can't deal with -- the right shoe is rubbing the inside of my upper foot. I have played 5-6 times on a hard indoor court, and they're less than 30 days old. Further, it feels as if something's also jabbing into it. The left shoe has absolutely no problems though. Usually, adidas is a very comfortable, supportive and a very durable shoe. However, they're going back to TW. It's a shame, because I love adidas quality. I have to try something else unfortunately.
From: Harlan, 12/13

Comments: Sorry, I don't like the feel of this shoe at all. I think adidas was trying to create a lighter and a running shoe like feel to compete with Nike's Federer shoe. I think we will see a Barricade 9 very fast. This reminds me when they made the 6s and very quickly the 7s came out.

Comments: Novak Djokovic remains using the B7s. Enough said. The B8 is by far the worst of the Barricade series. I am returning my new B8s and will try to find a couple of pairs of the B7s. Please adidas, go back to the B7!
From: Mario, 11/13

Comments: Amazing Barricade; feels faster and lighter than previous versions. Just order a half-size up and your toes will be fine! Grip is outstanding, no break-in. Perfect shoe.
From: JT, 11/13

Comments: Worst Barricade that adidas has made. I have 4 pairs of the Barricade 7s and this is unexpected for the Barricade series. I'm returning the shoes today. The toe is too wide. I still prefer the Barricade 7.

Comments: The worst Barricade I have ever played with. The top eyelet is cut too deep causing constant pain to your ankle area and giving you blisters. The shoe is stiff and wide in the forefeet area and is lacking lateral movement support. The only bright side to this model is a good heel support. Overall, poor quality shoe which is totally unexpected from the company with such a good reputation, bummer.

Comments: I love this shoe. It's the best show I've worn and is worth the money.

Comments: The top eyelet is an annoyance beyond belief. They dig into my ankles and I now have blisters on both sides. I can't recommend these shoes to anyone. The earlier Barricades are better.
From: JR, 10/13

Comments: I cannot believe that these are Barricade shoes. I have owned the 5, 6 and 7 models and they are all are way better than the 8s. The new 8 model feels like a running shoe, your foot moves all over the place, terrible stability. On top of this, there is something wrong with the sizing since the new 8 feels a lot tighter that the previous models. The next day after I received the new 8, I purchased two pairs of the Barricade 7s (the best tennis shoe I have ever tried and now on sale).
From: Orlando, 10/13

Comments: I'm coming from the Asics Gel Resolution 4. I don't really understand the negative remarks about slipping/sliding and the "narrow" comments about the Barricade 8. I have a fairly normal foot but slightly leaning more towards flat than narrow, so normally I get 11.5 for athletic shoes and 11 for casual/dress shoes. The Barricade 8 is the first tennis shoe since the Nike Breathe that I can actually order my true size without toe jamming, blisters or soreness on my arch. I feel like it's fairly hefty, but when you need to run the comfort is there. More impressively, the shoe required no break-in right out of the box. As for slipping/sliding, I have aggressive footwork and I played on a damp/misty morning the other day and didn't slip once. I think I'll be sticking to these shoes for the next couple of years because they're comfortable, true to size, good grip on hardcourts, and has that patent Barricade durability. It's probably the most balanced shoe out there and honestly what more could you ask for?
From: Rai, 9/13

Comments: The B8 feels narrower than the B7 in the toe area. And despite a mesh upper, it feels very hard right out of the box (the B7 doesn't need much break in). The price is pretty expensive when the B7 is so good (and cheaper now). I had about 7 pairs of the B5 in various colors. Skipped the B6 (too narrow of a toe box) and now have six paris of B7s in various colors. I hink the B7 is the best so far in terms of weight/comfort/durability.
From: Marv, 9/13

Comments: I like the looks of these shoes and since I am a fan of stability-oriented tennis shoes, I hoped that these Barricade 8s would be better than the 7s that I used to wear but never quite fell in love with. My first impression was that they were quite terrible but I kept them on for an hour to decide if I should send them back or not. I decided not to and have now used them on court. Great heel grip, but the front of the shoe is terrible. The toe jamming mentioned in the TW review is a real issue for me and the general feel for me is slow to the point where I feel I need to work against the shoe to move. I will continue using my CB 4.3s as my go-to shoe despite the infamous lacing system that seem to break for people. They are far more comfortable without compromising stability. Sorry to say it but it doesn't seem like Adidas's got a winner with the 8s.
From: Stefan, 9/13

Comments: When I put on my new Barricade 8s, I had to check to see if it was the correct size. My toe was touching the end of the shoe. Fortunately, it is a boxy toe and after playing in them, I believe it will be ok for me. I also have the Barricade 7 in new condition and comparing the 7 and 8, I can see that though the bottom of the shoes are the same size, due to design, the Barricade 8 upper is very slightly shorter. Perhaps 1/8 or 1/4 size less. As a long time Barricade user, I would say these will do, but not my favorites.
From: Doug, 9/13

Comments: I have been through many pairs of the Barricade 7.0s and was looking forward to the 8.0s. The latest version retains many of the best attributes, such as the traction and stability. The biggest improvement is the improved ventilation which will keep you in these shoes longer on hot days. Unfortunately, although they fit true to size, the toe box is definitely not as rigid or roomy and I have already lost a toe nail from repeated hard stops and cuts. Maybe the next version should have a more structured toe box but still incorporate the mesh elsewhere.
From: Luxinterna, 9/13

Comments: I have had the Barricade 8 for about 3 weeks now. Couple of Asics Revolution 5 and 4s later, I realize the Claw in the previous and new adidas does provide the additional stability I need. I have a tendency to roll my ankle. Asics does everything well except that. Comfort-wise this is on par with Barricade 5. I would argue this is a really a good fit comparing to the previous model Barricades. I like the cosmetics, durability, stability and over all performance. Is it just me or does the material tend to stretch? The shoe now longer feel as snug as when I first bought them.
From: GS, 8/13

Comments: I just got these today. Every other shoe I wear is a size 11 and my toes are crunched in these. Very uncomfortable and for $134 they feel cheap, especially the upper tongue. Sending these back and getting some Asics. Also agree with one of the comments below about sliding around inside the shoe.

Comments: These shoes are awful! I just got a brand new pair and was sliding all of the court and couldn't get any good foot position -- I do not recommend them.

Comments: These are great shoes. Very stable, very durable and breathe quite well too. I liked the Barricade 5s, skipped the 6s, loved the 7s and these seem like an evolution of that shoe. I was a little worried that the upper wasn't going to be as heavy duty but the Drag Guard on the inside upper is both large and heavy duty. There was no break in, but as with the 7s, I was careful not to pull the top inner lace too tight as that eyelet can rub. As it was, my feet have been very happy in these and it will be interesting to see if the all new sole pattern can last as long as the sole on previous generations. Compared to something like the Nike Vapor which doesn't last and has no warranty, these are also a great value.
From: Nick, 7/13

Comments: Too expensive for about the same performance since the Barricade 5. For that price, I would be expecting a one year durability warranty or shoes that make breakfast for you. I have used barricades for over four years, but this time I will be looking for a less expensive alternative.

Comments: Have to say I was disappointed with the 8s. The Barricades seem to keep getting better with each model and the 7s were the most comfortable pair by far. You would think the 8s would be lighter given the mesh type material but they are not, nor do they seem to breath any better. The 8s are a bit higher and stiffer than the 7s and more uncomfortable. Not sure if it's just me but the traction doesn't seem as good either. Going back to the 7s.
From: Alan, 7/13

Comments: I have been wearing Adidas Barricades for over a decade and the 8s are my second favorite behind the 5s. I have found that the break-in has been a little longer than the 7s. I do wish that the Black/Silver/Red colorway was available at launch, but I am quite happy with the White/Silver/Blue colorway.
From:

Comments: Great fit and feels closer to the 5.0. Very stiff around the ankle but after an hour of hitting these shoes were great. If you've worn any Barricades in the past these are a must try.
From: Sam, 7/13

Comments: I decided to purchase these shoes because I was willing to give the Barricades another chance. After wearing the six, I had assumptions these would feel like bricks on my feet and have a horrible break in time. But I sure was proven wrong, as these shoes are nothing like the six. Much lighter, much quicker break in, and not to mention, the cosmetic of the shoe is definitely much more sleek and sharp. But one of the downsides I had with the shoe was it wasn't as comfortable as I had wished for. But it is the durability that makes up for it. Definitely buying another couple of pairs.
From: Dimitri, 7/13

Comments: Nothing like the last model. I got these shoes before a big tournament and was really disappointed. I bought these shoes for the ankle support but I feel the previous model was better in this area also.
From: Leon, 6/13

Comments: I have now owned three versions of the Barricade 6, 7, and now 8. I have worn these 8s for 5 hours of play. And true to its promise, they broke in rather quickly. When I owned the 7s, it took some time before they got comfortable. But the 8s were comfortable from first use. Also, my feet used to heat up wearing the 7s. Because of the mesh construction, my feet were much cooler wearing the 8s. In terms of stability, I do like the 7s more. I think it is because the 8s are heavier. Perhaps I will get used to this new weight soon. I wore out the sole of the 7s in 4 months. I think the 8s will wear out around the same period or even sooner. I don't care about that since I'll get a new pair from the 6 month warranty. Overall, I am satisfied.

adidas Barricade 8 Blue/Wh/Navy Men's Shoe - Where to go from here