Comments: I've played about 15 times with the 7.0 shoes and they still don't break in at the top eyelet on the inside, both feet. Rubbed raw and bruised, both feet. I tape both spots and place a little padding underneath, but the pain makes me want to withdraw from my matches. I even didn't lace up that last eyelet, and the shoe still cuts in. This particular shoe is not quite designed right. Those without pain are really lucky.
From: JK, 12/13

Comments: I have had Barricades before and then tried Babolat and Asics. Came back to the Barricade, now 7.0. Nice and snug and stiff still for about 2 weeks in. However, I have rubbed through my instep/ankle skin almost to the bones on both ankles. The areas are both rubbed raw and very sensitive to the touch. The rub spot is right at the top eyelet for the laces. The design is just not right. I have read that this is a common complaint. It's really not worth the pain.

Comments: Is it just me, or are the arches for these shoes in the wrong spot? Like a half an inch too much towards the front.

Comments: Man, I should have gotten a few pair of these things a while ago! Huge step forward in comfort from the 6.0. Much better fit in the toe box for me and with better stability. The 6.0s were pretty bullet-proof, and these are too. I'm stocking up with a couple more colors -- now that I see why so many people like these. I have no trouble with any eyelet locations or ankle fit at all. It's like they made the mold from my foot. Pricey, but worth the dough.

Comments: I tried out the barricade 7s but the shoe was just too ridged. The width was too narrow and squeezed my feet. By the end of a match, I had a headache and sore feet. I returned them and purchased another pair of Asics Gel Resolutions. I would like to purchase from adidas again, but nothing has compared to the barricade 4s so far -- I loved those shoes and would purchase another pair today if they still sold them!

Comments: Love these shoes with one major drawback. They have great grip and fit extremely well except for the fact that the shoe rubs the inside ankle bone on my left foot. I don't get as many blisters with these shoes as I did with my Babolats, the rubbing in the ankle however has me looking for a new set of kicks.

Comments: I have two pairs of the Barricade 7.0s and I like them for numerous reasons, but they have one major downfall which I believe I have a quick fix for. These shoes do not breath and are killers on the feet. One main reason these shoes do not breath is the perforations on the shoes are merely cosmetic. The breathing holes do not go all the way through to the inside of the shoe. Easy fix -- take an awl or a pick and gently poke through all the ventilating holes. Takes approximately 10 minutes per shoe. This issue is not germane to just these shoes. Most of the tennis shoes out there suffer from the same poor quality control.

Comments: Continuing my review from a month ago -- These are awesome shoes in every aspect except durability, it's only been a month and the left shoe has started to get a hole on the front part where the big toe ends. Will use the 6 month guarantee soon! I'm a 5.5 player that plays 6 times a week, 4 times on hard courts, two times on clay.
From: Rafa, 8/13

Comments: Good shoe but the narrow toe box will cause a problem for those with wider feet. Toe box is narrower than the previous versions so don't base your fit on that. It is best that you try these on if possible before buying them.
From: Azarel, 8/13

Comments: I've played (and loved) in the Barricade 2s for the past few years, but the market seems to have run dry on availability and I thought I would try the Barricade 7. What a mistake! I'm not sure if I can entirely define the problem (beyond the fact that they are not very comfortable from the top) but I feel like I'm handicapped on the court wearing these things. Guess I should have worn them around the house and not taken them directly to a match. Try before you buy with this shoe!

Comments: Awesome shoes! They only needed like an hour to break in, after that they felt really comfy and stable. Durability should definitely be there! I'm a 5.5 player that plays 5 times a week.
From: Rafa, 7/13

Comments: I have to stop using this pair of shoes after several weeks of use. The toe box is narrower than prior versions of the Barricade. I have a wide foot and I have no problem with Barricade 2, 5 and 6. This version of the Barricade just crushes my right pinky toe, partly due to the narrower toe box, partly due to more flexible outsole at the front toe area. It's just too painful for me to keep playing with this pair of shoes.

Comments: I had a similar Barricade Team 2 shoe which was a wonderful light weight tennis shoe. But i could feel that they wouldnt hold up very long. This shoe mathces and exceeds those with arch, comfort, foot stability and more sturdiness. 11.5 seems true to size. I personalize them with my own favorite sport insoles for grreater cushioning (but I do that with all shoes). No problems with digging eyelets or ankles being dug into. A very maneuverable shoe with good traction and foot stability.
From: Scott, 7/13

Comments: I have met the same problem with the uppermost shoelace metal eyelet digging into the top of my foot. I used scissors and pliers to remove the metal ringlet. The square metal ringlet is a bad design. Other than that, I'm fine with the shoe.

Comments: With the exception of the 6s, the Barricades have been my go-to-shoe for over a decade. Great, solid shoe overall. The medial side painfully dug into my ankles in the 3s only. At that time, I just stuffed an extra sock in that area to create space. A week or two later, I stopped stuffing a sock and the "digging" went away. For those experiencing this problem, try this method instead of tossing away your shoes.
From: Ron, 6/13

Comments: I thought I wouldn't like these because they seemed kinda heavy, plasticy and stiff. After one hit on the courts, I love them. The rigidness gives the shoe great support and thankfully, they seem to breathe well. The outsoles are holding up great (especially since I am a toe dragger). Normally I am wary of adidas because the toe box is narrow. I do have to wear a 1/2 size up from normal but that worked out perfectly.

Comments: I've been using the Barricade 2 for over 6 years. I absolutely loved them. But as they're no longer available I had to try the Barricade 7.0. I like how the Barricade 7.0 fit like a glove. And the outsoles are amazing. They grip well and are very durable. The only thing I didn't like was that they seemed very heavy. Almost like I was wearing a pair of boots. Maybe I'll get used to the weight and they won't hinder my game as they did yesterday. I also don't think they had the same support as the Barricade 2s did. All in all they are a decent shoe. I just wish Adidas would have left a good thing alone. They keep making subtle updates to this shoe and it's getting to the point now where the shoe isn't performing as well anymore. Bring the 2s back!
From: Chad, 6/13

Comments: Finally a great confortable shoe! The toe box is really soft and wide. No need to break in! 9 out of 10
From: Jonathan, 6/13

Comments: I personally love these shoes. They look great and feel great too. I've had no problems with this shoe so far.
From: Eli, 6/13

Comments: Great shoes - definitely need breaking in for me though. I have to wear them for a few hours before I can use them for tennis. The top eyelet on one pair was digging into my top of foot until the shoes really broke in after about 20 uses and after that they were great! I got almost 6 months out of them playing 3 times a week. Bought a second pair to break in before these wear out.

Comments: This shoe is the best Barricade that has been produced so far. First, they changed the toe box and made it more spacious. This is good so your feet don't feel jammed, the previous Barricade model came to a point in the toe box. Second, they put some cushy material underneath the insole and also they put in a higher quality insole, finally! Third, the material that they use is more flexible than the previous Barricade models and this means a more comfortable shoe. Last, the tread and traction of the shoe is excellent. The 7 really gripped the court from the very first time I used it. Right out of the box this thing is so comfortable and feels broken in. It only gets better with time. You've hit a home run with these shoes, Adidas. I challenge you to keep improving them!
From: Barry, 5/13

Comments: This version of the Barricade is significantly more supportive and slightly heavier than the previous version. Opinions will vary, but I like the feel. A very comfortable and stable shoe however I also agree with others about the uppermost shoelace eyelet -- it can dig into the top of my foot if I lace the shoe all the way up, which I normally don't.
From: Stefan, 4/13

Comments: I have bought 4 pairs of different Barricades. Earlier versions were heavy, a bit, hot but hard wearing. This latest pair are unwearable for me. The hard plastic bar at the back presses into the achilles tendon. I tried not using the top eye hole on the laces but this did not solve the problem. I persevered hoping they would break in, but the plastic vertical bar will never soften. I have never had a problem ever with my achilles tendon or any other part of my foot but these shoes stopped me playing tennis for a couple of weeks
From: Walter, 4/13

Comments: Excellent comfort right out of the box - except for the metal eyelet at the ankle. But other than this one pea in the blanket stack, this is a great shoe. I prefer low to the ground shoes, and this is a little high, but it still feels stable and good.

Comments: Great shoe, very comfortable fit, been using them for 2 weeks and so far no signs of wear or tear. I play 3 times a week on hard courts.

Comments: This was intended to be made good but there are design flaws for sure. Do not buy this version, this is a very unconfortable shoe at the ankle and feels like a hard boot. Doesn't seem to break in.
From: Somnath, 4/13

Comments: I just bought the Baracade 7s and I was hesitant about these shoes due to the awful remarks. I wear a size 16 and I don't have a huge selection but I thought I would give these shoes a try. First practice and the shoes were tight (narrow) but I just needed two practices to break them in. Now, the shoe fits great and I don't have to wear insoles. Some of the comments on this shoe should be reevaluated because the shoe is actually a good shoe.
From: Shawn, 4/13

Comments: Don't know where all the negative feedback is coming from or maybe I am wearing a completely different shoe, because I think the Adidas Barricade 7 is phenomenal! This might be the best shoe I have ever worn. I have a regular width foot with a normal arch. I find the stability and the traction to be amazing on hard courts. The all seamless upper has a supple yet supportive feel that envelopes the foot. I can move around with confidence that the shoe will not slip or turn. The ventilation in the hot California summers is better than I expected and is sufficient, however my Nike Air Max Cages do a better job in the AC department. I have owned them for about 5 months and the out sole is just starting to show wear in the big toe and outer heel area. Overall, the comfort is great and it should be a must buy for all aggressive tennis players.
From: Zachary, 3/13

Comments: I usually play with Nike but I wanted to try the barricade 7.0. These are really hard to play with, I felt like I was moving slower!
From: Ryan, 3/13

Comments: Worst court shoed I've ever worn. The top of the shoe rubs both ankles and is extremely uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend buying these shoes!
From: Scott, 3/13

Comments: Be warned, these can feel like a size too small during the initial fittings, but they should flex and loosen nicely after. Haven't played on court with them yet (my court's being dug up) but even light trials confirm its a very stable, grippy and responsive shoe. The claws resist lateral movement quite strongly, so I'd be careful before going full-competition-slide mode. Overall, a tough, no-nonsense shoe that pays for athletic and quick tennis.
From: Varun, 3/13

Comments: Warning! I have worn Barricades for years, and the only issue I have ever had before was with the narrowness of the shoe. But after wearing them in, it's always been a great fit for me. However, this shoe has a significant design defect, the inside eyelet is too high and cuts into the area of your ankle, right above the ankle bone. I had to take out some kitchen scissors, and cut off the top eyelet. If you don't want to do that, stay away from these and look at the Asics!

Comments: Occasionally I will get a pair of Barricades where the eyelet is in a weird spot. In maybe 12 pairs of Barricades, maybe three have had that issue. I think it's just luck (or bad luck of the draw). That being said, I love the sturdiness of this shoe. I have a wide foot and always wear men's shoes, but even in men's styles, the Nikes are too narrow through the middle of my foot. Not everyone's feet measure the same from toe to where the narrowing of the arch area starts. (That's where the discrepancy in reviews come in). The durability is poor, but that's why I love the 6-month outsole guarantee. Playing 10 to 20 hours a week, you will put a hole in this shoe (and any other) in less than two months.
From: K, 3/13

Comments: Whoever was in charge of putting rectangular metal eyelets on these shoes needs to be canned from their job at Adidas immediately. Worst feeling shoe I've ever worn in my life (tennis or otherwise). If you like the feeling of sharp metal digging into your ankle, these are the shoes for you! I give them a 1/100 - just because the look great, other than that, pure crap. And I'm a huge Barricade fan.

Comments: I thought that the decreased weight and improved grip the shoe has on the court was a major improvement over the barricade 2.0s that I really liked a lot after I broke them in. Maybe I am still breaking these in but after about an hour of play, the metal ringlet at the top of the shoelace hole, on the left foot, it digs into my ankle bone on the right side causing bleeding and severe discomfort. On the right foot, the ringlet digs into the left side of my ankle bone causing similar bleeding and discomfort. I am willing to tolerate this while I break in my ankles and develop callouses in this area because of how much I like this shoe. Except that I feel that given other posts about this same problem, why doesn't Adidas just make softer ringlets or a more padded tongue and take care of this obvious design flaw. I wear these shoes all day long because I teach tennis and I still like this shoe.

Comments: Great shoes, but I put a hole through the bottom in a month. I play about 6 hours a day very aggressively. My old Nike Courtballistec 3.3s lasted me at least 3 months. They don't get holes in the side thanks to the adituff pad on the outside.

Comments: I bought my first pair of Barricade 7's two weeks ago. After wearing them twice I threw them in the trash last night. The inner top portion of the shoe rubs on the inside ankle bone, creating blisters. Despite wearing bandaids and wearing two thick pairs of socks, the shoes rub my ankles raw. Last night after seeing two blood stains the size of a quarter coming through the socks, I figured it was time to ditch these shoes! Other than the poor design in this area, I did like the support the shoe provided.

Comments: I have worn Asics, Lotto & Nike shoes in the past. The Adidas Barricade 7's are the best I've ever worn. They are stylish, comfortable, stable, and durable all in one. Well worth it!

Comments: I've worn nothing but Barricade's since the 2.0. Sometimes the new version is better, sometimes it is worst, in my opinion, it is still the best option out there. Within two minutes of putting on the 7.0, it dug a hole in my foot beneath the upper left eyelet. Did Adid

Novak Djokovic