Ashaway Kevlar 18 1/2 Set Customer feedback

Comments: About 15 years ago, I used nothing but Prince Durathin 18g on my full string bed while playing in high school and college. I was sad to see Prince discontinued that string a number of years ago. Honestly, I've been looking for something similar ever since...and I finally found it. This is excellent string for sure. I don't have the arm to play this in my entire string bed now, but mixing this in the mains, and a high quality synthetic in the crosses such as Technifibre NRG2, X-one Biphase, or even a Gamma TNT2, produces excellent spin and bit on the ball. I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about the spin generated with polyester based strings. I've used many polys from Luxilon (my favorite), Babolat, and even Volkl. But if I want max spin, I aim for 18g Kevlar based string in the mains and an 18g premium synthetic in the crosses. No poly can product this type of spin...18g poly or not. No, it's not the easiest string for the arm. Neither is polyester based strings. Give this a try and see what you think. I string at 62. Nothing feels quite this "crisp" as plowing through the ball with this setup.
From: Jason, Warsaw, IN USA. 09/10
Racquet: Head Microgel Radical MP

Comments: I am 4.5 NTRP rating USTA. I play three times a week at least two singles and one doubles. I break my string pretty easy within a period of one week. I use Wilson 90 K Factor with a tension of 65 lbs in which will not stay longer. Since I purchased this product, I feel very satisfied after the game. My level of confident in my game increases tremendously because the spin and control of the string can penetrate the bite of the ball. Playability,control, and power go hand in hand every time I hit the ball. Ashawy Kevlar 18g is worth to spend my money and I enjoy pretty much every time I play.
From: John Leur, Jacksonville Florida. 04/09

Comments:I purchased this string after going through many sets of Stamina 17 in 2 hours. I was stringing racquets all the time. Now I string the 18 Kevlar in the mains and Stamina 17 in the crosses. I like the way the string hits. If you get the tension right it is not bad on your arm and the spin is really good. I agree go 6 lbs less on the mains. I did not do this the first time just to see how stiff it would be, and it is really stiff. For synthetic I would string at 64lbs, with the hybrid I string the mains at 57lbs and the crosses at 63lbs, which feels best for me. The string does have a dead feel, but after you play with it a couple of times you get used to it. Also, experiment with the tension to get the best feel for the strings. These strings last me about 7-10 days or 4 to 5 matches, which is a lot better than 2 hours. I would definitely recommend for string breakers, as you will get the playability and durability out of the 18 gauge. Tension loss is minimal and when these break it is ready to be restrung anyway.
From: Anon, GA, USA 07/05