Asics Gel Challenger 9 Blue/White Men's Shoes Customer feedback

Comments: Size 8 fit tight across the widest part of my foot and a little snug up through the toe. Heel was loose for me, too. Length fit good. My foot measures 29 cm by 10 cm. I returned them.

Comments: The shoes are certainly not a replacement for the Gel Resolution. They take a little while to break and have a snug fit. A little loose in the heel, that being said, these are fine shoes. The sole is really nice and appears that it should last a good while on the local hard courts. I purchased them for my college team and they all agreed, they are comfortable after a short break in period due to the stiff uppers.
From: JV, 2/14

Comments: The Gel Challenger 9 gives me stability and support since I'm a pronater. The first thing I do when I get a new pair of tennis shoes is take out the inner soles and insert my plastic orthotics. The orthotics along with these shoes keep my knees from swelling along with providing me arch support. No break in required. I'm a 53 year old 4.0 player.

Comments: I can't wear these shoes, they kill my feet every time. I have worn Gel Resolutions for years with no problems and will order those again now. The Challengers seem to lack the gel cushioning I am used to with Asics.
From: Don, 12/13

Comments: Really comfortable shoe. It does fit wide in the heel, but if you use the lace-locks it cinches up and keeps your heel secure. The upper part of the tongue could use a little more length and padding considering the need to use the lace locks.
From: Brett, 12/13

Comments: I have been wearing the Gel Resolution 5 for the past 6 months or so. Love the durability but not necessary the weight or clumsiness of a fortress preventing wear. Gel Challenger 9 is surprisingly good shoe. Fits snug. Overall, I find that it is a better performance shoe than the GR 5 if durability and super stability of the feel cup is not considered. Good all around cushioning and fit for medium width and average arch. Pleasantly surprised. Dare I say this is better than Nike's Vapor 9. Light weight. Excellent fit. Without the robust weight and exo skeleton of the bigger brother Gel Resolution 5 as in Court Ballistics 4.3. In many ways, this season, Asics has outdone its competitors. But please more color-ways Asics.
From: GS, 6/13

Comments: Wonderful shoes. I have slightly wide feet in the forefoot and these give me no problems. Comfortable. A bit soft but still sturdy. I honestly feel like my happy feet help me play better. These are my second pair after trying the Babolat Propulses, which gave me massive blisters and were so narrow on the sole in the forefoot that I kept turning my ankle.

Comments: Nice tweener shoe between the Resolutions and Speed. The arch support is good, the cushioning is better than the Speeds, and softer feeling than the Resolutions. They fit my narrow/medium foot well except for a little pinching at the top of the eyelelt when tightening them for match play. Inside, the lateral stability is solid but the outside support is deliberately lighter. I am in shoes all day coaching high school tennis and play regularly in them. Will be buying these again (hoping for new color options). Solid choice!
From: Chip, 6/13

Comments: I was afraid to buy these since the old Resolution 2 did not fit properly and gave me a black toenail. But I get a really good vibe from Ascis and decided to try it again after my Nike 2k12 Breath fell apart after 3 months of playing. And so far, these are winners! Very comfortable shoes, true sizing and I only hope they will last longer than my Nikes.
From: Marcin, 5/13

Comments: Fantastic shoe! I have both the Gel Resolution 4 and the Solution Speeds in size 11.5. Sizing is true with the Challenger 9. This shoe has the slipper fit of the Speed but with more support and directional stability. Not as "clunky" as the Gel Resolutions. A great shoe with great fit if you are an Asics fan. I will be buying many more pairs for tournament use.
From: Robert, 5/13