Alpha Gut 2000 17 String Customer feedback

Comments: If you hate stringing often, don't buy this string because they are not very durable. However, they are very good strings -- comfortable, controllable, and low-friction. I use this string when my arms are sore. I then go to poly or synthetic gut when my arms feels better.
From: Charles, 9/14

Comments: Probably the best string for the price. Whenever I don't feel like spending the money on NRG2, this is my backup.
From: Lambert, 5/13

Comments: I string my own racquets and have used a huge number of brands and really felt like they were all pretty much the same. However, with the good reviews on this string I decided to try it also. Now, either I have had a big jump in my game after 50+ years of playing or this string has been the difference. I like to hit as big as possible and switched to two hands on both sides a number of years back, and suddenly I am now more consistent than I have ever been and am hitting shots that even surprise me. This was my third stringing job with this string on a Prince O3 Silver.
From: Dave, 8/12

Comments: Great string for spin, control, comfort and consistency. Poor for durability. Exceptional for a stiff frame, and if you do not mind restringing often, this is a nice fit. I restring typically once every six weeks (play with MSV or Gosen OG Micro 17 G). That is whether the string breaks or not. These, I have had to restring after 4 weeks. They break, but while they last, they are terrific
From: SK, Mission Viejo, CA, USA, 09/10

Comments: I became a regular user of Alpha Gut 2000 17ga. It's soft, elastic, and holds tension very well. Stringing is a breeze. I usually use harder strings on the mains and use this one on the crosses. For my customers, I use 16ga for longevity. Good value!! $5.90 a set is a bargain. I am an improving 3.5-4.0 player.
From: Mike, Vancouver, WA, U.S.A. 08/10

Comments: The search is over, this stuff is fantastic! Super soft, durable, tons of feel from the first hit, cheap, and super easy to string because of the pearlized finish. I've used tons of different multis and so far this wins hands down. I also love the 17 because it is a little thicker at 1.28mm, helps hold the tension a little better, and lasts a little longer for me than other 17s at 1.25mm.
From: Ryan, San Francisco Bay Area, Ca, US 4.5 player. 3/10

Comments: I've used this string for about 5 years and really like it. It is softer than run of the mill "synthetic gut" with nice resilience, although it doesn't hold tension as well as syn gut. I prefer stringing around 58+ lbs. The strings move a bit, especially if strung below 54 lbs. If you're a string breaker, this string is NOT for you -- I usually get about 6-10 hrs of playing (4.0 level). But the price is right if you string your own racquets.
From: James, San Antonio, TX USA. 8/09

Comments: I string it at 55 on my RDX500 mid. It feels close to Wilson Sensation. However, it holds tension longer, is less prone to stringing damage and does not move as bad. Very practical.
From: Eugene, Thornhill, Canada. 12/07

Comments: I think I've found different characteristics in this string than others here. The string has held tension very well, doesn't move, and offers control, rivaling POLY. The only thing is the feel is kind of dead and impact is a little harsh.
From: Vishnu, Slidell, LA, USA, 04/07

Comments: I've been stringing my own racquets with this string for 10 yrs. And have no problem with the tension loss. Just give it more pre stretch and it will hold tension much better.
From:Stan, Beth, Pa USA

Comments: Even though I love soft strings, this one just didn't cut it. Not really bad, but there's much better out there. OG-Sheep Super has so much more feel with better control and it's a little bit cheaper. I'd use Alpha Gut again if it where given to me, but I don't think I'd spend my own money on it.
From: JB, Atlanta, GA, USA. 05/05

Comments: A great string, especially for the price. The soft feel of Alpha 2K is just perfect for me. However, it does lose tension a bit more quickly than I would like.
From: Kevin, Austin, TX, USA 2/04

Comments: You better increase your tension if you plan on using this string. It loses tension so be prepared for that. I had my Pro Staff Tour 90 strung at 68 lbs. and it now feels like 60 lbs. I agree that once you first hit with it you get awesome feel and playability but again it loses tension fast. The good thing about multifilament strings is that they are arm friendly however, the multifilament strings that I have experimented with have lost tension.
From: Tuan, Houston, TX, USA. 12/03

Comments: I have been shopping many brands of synthetic gut. From the standard synthetics, to the high end guys, i.e. NXT, NRG2, Big Banger etc. For the price, this string offers outstanding performance. However, I found it to be a little less durable, but not much. But, again for the price I like the trade off. About as durable as "Sensation" 17g. but way better playability.
From: John, Jacksonville, FL, USA. 4/03

Comments: For the first 30 minutes of using this string, I had that feeling of the racquet becoming an extension of my arm. Great control, pace and "pop." However, it did lost it's tension a bit after the 1/2 hour and also some performance. But for the price, this is a great performing string.
From: John, Jacksonville, FL. USA 2/03

Comments: I strung my racquet using the Alpha Gut 2000 17 (White) after breaking Laserfibre Supreme 17 gauge. The Alpha Gut initially lost tension faster than the Laserfibre but otherwise, it feels the same as Supreme at half the price. It's comfortable, doesn't move much and so far has been durable after about 3 weeks of play.
From: Glenn, Maui, HI. USA 7/02

Comments: I've always liked the feel/performance of Alpha Gut 17g. 2000. It's fairly comfortable without being mushy, and has a nice amount of pop without being harsh. If you haven't already tried it, it might be worth checking out. Plus, at this price, it's a good value as well.
From: Steve, TW Message Board post, USA 11/01

Alpha Gut 2000 17 String - Where to go from here

Alpha & RAB String
Best Values (Price vs Performance)
Multifilament Synthetic String