Asics 116 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I have actually been using this racquet for more than 8 months, long before it was shipping. I am fortunate enough to play at the club where these racquets were developed and got to try some of the early prototypes before they settled on the final design. I am an older (65) high 4.0 player. I switched to the 116 from the latest version of the Prince EXO3 105, which is considered a mid-plus racquet. Even though the 116 sounds like an oversize racquet, it actually is not. If you overlay the Asics 116 on top of the Prince 105 the head size is virtually identical. The only reason for the added size is the extension of the strings on the bottom, which gives it a much larger sweet spot. The best way to think of any of these three Asics racquets is to subtract 10 from the overall size to get a comparable size for a conventional racquet. The 125 is definitely an oversize racquet while the 109 plays like a racquet in the 95-100 range. What I like about this racquet is that I immediately gained added power but lost no control. The 116 has a very low swing weight and it is very easy to quickly maneuver to return a serve or hit a volley at net. My opponents always commented that my serve was noticeably faster the first time they played against me using this racquet.
From: Ed, 3/13

Comments: Love this racquet! I'm 81 and still playing.
From: Victor, 3/13