Asics 109 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I just got my own and added a leather grip, a yonex overgrip, dampener and coin glued to the butt cap, so the weight (strung) is 11.2oz and the balance 5HL, which is ideal. The strings are a multi hybrid, with Alpha Gut 2000 in the mains and Babolat Xcel in the crosses (at 54/50 lbs). The racquet is real fun to play with -- good power, good control, great ball pocketing. Serving and returns are its strengths, and the 2HBH is a real power stroke.
From: Charlie, 5/14

Comments: I've been hitting with a 109 demo all week and am really pleasantly surprised at the amount of control it has. The easy power it provides is the 1st thing you will notice and "touch" drop shots are just the cherry on the sundae! I've been impressed enough that I have ordered my own (due tomorrow), with a leather grip applied and a little additional tail weighting it should make a nice daily use racquet.
From: Charlie, 5/14

Comments: I've been playing with the Prince Original Graphite OS for a long time. Now that I'm getting up there in age I can no longer swing it fast enough. So I purchased the Asics 109 hoping that the added maneuverability would breathe life into my game. Here is an example of how this racquet has changed my life. Last night I carried my doubles partner to our greatest victory of the season. We beat the best team in the league. I attribute it to the Asics 109, which gave me more power than I've had in years. After the match, my partner quietly followed me out to the parking lot. As I was loading my bag into my trunk he tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and he had his arms wide open. He smiled and said "Come here you." I walked into his arms hesitantly and he gave me a huge, extra long bear hug. Right before letting me go he whispered "thank you."

Asics 109 Racquets - Where to go from here