Gamma 5800 ELS w/ 6-Point SC Mount Stringing Machine Customer feedback

Comments: I love this machine. It has a very intuitive set up. The self centering knobs are a must for quicker frame mounting. The digital string counter is an added bonus. I used to just walk out the lengths sometimes to find myself short or long on a cross. The digital counter makes up for the slower mounting time with the six point table (not that hard to get used to) the table lock is well located and easy to engage. The location of the tension activation button is perfect -- really don't need the foot pedal. The clamps work fine. The company has good customer service if needed and parts will be available in the years to come. Not many other machines to look at in the same price range -- otherwise kick in another thousand or so for the next model up. Also consider stepping up the turntable from Gamma if you want to spend more -- the 8800 has a nicer format but it will cost you. For the money, the 5800 6-point self centering is a good value. I've been stinging for 10 years and this is my 3rd machine.
From: Larry, 5/15

Comments: I have had my 5800 now for more then a month and it is a good machine. I had the Gamma 6004 before I upgraded to the 5800. The only real thing I would change is the mounting system on the 5800. The set up time is just too long. The 6900, and and some of the other high-end machine including my old 6004 have a much better mounting system. The good news I was able to change the mounts from the 6004 to the 5800. But that is not the point for the money you should be able to get the better mounts. For very soft strings the grip seems to flatten the string, and no amount of adjusting seems to get it so it will not flatten the string. I have been stringing for four years.
From: Paul, AZ, USA, 12/10