Comments: I love the 1187. I have bone spurs in my toe joints so it is necessary for me to wear wide shoes. I was a bit worried when I tried them on because the fit was a bit snug, but actually they fit perfectly. They provided the support and fit I needed. The only concern I have is that they are not holding up as well as I expected. I have had them for 5 months and I need new ones. I play every day and am pretty hard on my shoes.
From: Jeanne, 10/12

Comments: I've worn New Balance 7.5 D for years. I could barely get my foot in this shoe. The toe box is VERY narrow, even in the wide.
From: Lainie, 10/12

Comments: I have always worn NB tennis and running shoes in a 8 D. I was hoping that this pair would fit also. No such luck. The toe box is not as wide as other models. Back they go. I will stick to the 1004 in wide.
From: Yolanda, 7/12

Comments: Love these shoes! Stable, low to the court, no break-in time required. Footbed feels great and the arch lines up just right with my foot. The only issue I have is with the heel--it was too wide (as I find most New Balances to be). New Balance should really put a second hole for the back lace on these, but they don't---so I padded the heel with moleskin and solved the problem. The 1187s are cut lower around the ankle and so don't offer quite as much stability there as some higher-cut models. Still, I love the rest of the fit, and I'd definitely buy them again--they're a great shoe and are holding up well with lots of play.
From: Nora, 6/12