Comments: The 1187's are not the shoes for me. I've worn New Balance shoes for several decades. I've never had a pair that were uncomfortable even right out of the box but these were torture on my feet. I returned them for the New Balance 1005's and what a difference. I can highly recommend the 1005's but not the 1187's.
From: B.K., 10/12

Comments: Finally we found a tennis shoe for my daughter Kim. Her narrow foot prevents her from wearing normal width shoes and she needs to constantly tie them during play. Now she has a shoe in the New Balance WC 1187 B Wh/Pink women's shoe that is durable, narrow enough so her foot does not slip forward, is very responsive, and lightweight. The front is made of very soft material unlike leather which can sometime casue those nasty blisters from rubbing. New Balance has a great women's shoe here for those who have long narrow feet. FINALLY, we have searched and searched until now!
From: Rick, 6/12

Comments: Love these shoes! Stable, low to the court, no break-in time required. Footbed feels great and the arch lines up just right with my foot. The only issue I have is with the heel--it was too wide (as I find most New Balances to be). New Balance should really put a second hole for the back lace on these, but they don't---so I padded the heel with moleskin and solved the problem. The 1187s are cut lower around the ankle and so don't offer quite as much stability there as some higher-cut models. Still, I love the rest of the fit, and I'd definitely buy them again--they're a great shoe and are holding up well with lots of play.
From: Nora, 6/12

Comments: I was on vacation and didn't have any tennis shoes for my drill so I tried these on on a whim (the colors were a little crazy for me) and it was love at first try on. I wore them right out onto the court. I actually feel energized with these shoes on. I play a lot of tennis and usually get an insole or orthopedics but nothing is needed with these shoes. I highly recommend them but make sure you have a white pair of shoes on hand because these won't match most of your tennis outfits.
From: Audrey, 6/12