Comments: These shoes are stiff and heavy. It was very difficult for me to move around the court with them. I've been walking with them in hopes they loosen up a little. Would not recommend them to single players. I'm a 4.0 singles player. If I could, I would return them...
From: M. Rod, 8/13

Comments: I absolutely LOVE these shoes! I play for my high school tennis team and got these during the off season. I didnt get a hole through the shoe to my toe until just before the next season. They run a half size long but other than that they were amazing! They started out really "clompy" and I felt like I couldn't bend the shoe at first, but after breaking them in a bit, they were great!! They feel super stable and you can stop and go very easily. I would highly recommend these shoes!
From: Brynne, 7/13

Comments: I bought the shoes in 8.5 AA after reading the comments. I felt they would be good shoes. They do run little wide in the heel, but have a perfect size toe box. I wore the shoes to play in a USTA 3.5 doubles match and had no problems, and then I had to go and play a 3.0 singles match and ended up playing 4 hours. The shoes were still great. I didn't even realize they were new. For sure there was no break in required. If you order the narrow, and your heel is real narrow, you will need to do what Nora suggested below.
From: Marcie, 10/12

Comments: Love these shoes! Stable, low to the court, no break-in time required. Footbed feels great and the arch lines up just right with my foot. The only issue I have is with the heel--it was too wide (as I find most New Balances to be). New Balance should really put a second hole for the back lace on these, but they don't---so I padded the heel with moleskin and solved the problem. The 1187s are cut lower around the ankle and so don't offer quite as much stability there as some higher-cut models. Still, I love the rest of the fit, and I'd definitely buy them again--they're a great shoe and are holding up well with lots of play.
From: Nora, 6/12

Comments: I have been happily wearing size 9.5 AA New Balance 803 tennis shoes for the last 3 years but decided to try a pair of these when I could no longer order the 803 style. They fit my foot perfectly but I will be reluctant to wear them during our hot summer days. They need more ventilation. The 803 style had a leather upper as opposed to the synthetic upper of these shoes and perhaps this is a help on hot days. However, they are great for our fall and spring weather.
From: Diane, 9/11

Comments: I bought a pair at the end of April and probably started wearing them on May 1st. I've been playing almost daily. By the end of August I have gone through the soles on both shoes. Otherwise, I love them. Great fit. They will be replaced by New Balance but such a pain. It's too hard to find narrow width shoes.
From: Sue, 9/11