Babolat Pure Drive 107 2012 Racquets Customer feedback

Comments: I had an older model of this racquet. I broke it and bought the new model. If seemed light for some reason. I have added about an ounce of weight all over the racquet and it seems to have more power and is better for my tennis elbow.
From: Joseph, 11/14

Comments: Great racquet for whoever is looking to improve their game. I have always been a strong singles player but struggled with my doubles game especially at the net. Tried this stick and I could instantly see the benefit of a lighter stick and bigger headsize. I now rarely miss a shot at the net. For people who like a head-light racquet, it will take a few games or sets to get used to and this one is only 2-pts headlight (my other racquet is 12pts headlight -- so it took me a little while). I string it with Prince XP Beast 17G at 60 lbs and this gives me exactly what I am looking for in my game (control and power). Great overall racquet for all players. I have seen many club coaches play with this as their stick of choice during competitive matches.
From: Raj, 4/14

Comments: Great racquet with the right strings/tension. It took me a few tries but love this racquet now.

Comments: Love this racquet. Solid, smooth swinging and generous sweet spot. No need for vibration dampener because there's no vibration! If you have a full swing, this racquet is perfectly balanced.
From: Scott, 4/13
Strung at 59 lbs

Comments: This is a great racquet, and I changed from the older model to various player's racquet but really could not cope with the additional weight and stiffness. Bad move, resulting in wrist and hand problems. I agree with Jay's(7/12) comments below. The current model is a bit lighter than its predecessor. It is too headlight for my liking but with 3 grams at 10 and 2, and 6 grams in the shaft it is simply the best of its type. Finally, I have strung it with a softer poly at 54lbs. The racquet really sings and my hand and wrist issues disappeared in a week.
String type and tension: Volkl Cyclone mains / Volkl V Pro crosses @ 54 lbs

Comments: The main issues people have with this racquet can be corrected rather easily. The first problem is that the racquet is too light and head heavy. Add 25 grams of lead to the handle and watch this racquet take off!! The second problem is that the 107 sq in. headsize is too much sweetspot and reminiscent of a game improvement frame. I say, get over yourself right now and accept a frame that will just make you better, plain and simple.
From: Jay, 7/12
String type and tension: Tecnifibre Black Code 17 mains @ 55 lbs / Tecnifibre BiPhase Red 17 crosses @ 58 lbs

Comments: This racquet is too light, lacks power, needs more points head light. I used to use the Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus Cortex and I am disappointed. I'm trying to work it out but the Babolat Pure Drive 107 GT lacks power using recommended Addiction String (even at low tension). This was not a good selection for me.
From: B, 5/12
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction 17, 58 lbs

Comments: Been playing with this racket a couple of months and it has lifted my play significantly. All around game is better. Topspin generation is very good with good power as well. Took the free addiction string at 58. It's pretty decent - no fraying, doesn't move around much. I know there's probably better string to use, but I'll wait till it breaks probably, knowing me. I only play doubles with men in my 60'ish age group twice a week in South Florida.
From: Pete, 5/12

Comments: Outstanding racquet! One of the best in its class. Best for spin and power, pushing opponents back deep. Amazing control and feel for the racquet this powerful. Overall, I am very pleased with it. Highly recommend it.
From: Jon, 5/12

Comments: I just picked up this racquet after demos of Prince Red 105, Head Radical IG OS, and Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. The demo of the Babolat Pure Drive 107 was very comfortable and I loved the look, but seemed that something made it very difficult to control. In spite of this, I bought the Pure Drive 107 and had Babolat XCel 17 gauge string at 55lbs. I've only played a couple hours with the new racquet, but so far, I like it.
From: Tyler, 5/12
String type and tension: Babolat XCel 17, 55 lbs

Comments: I used to play with a Prince Hornet, but when I saw chips on the side of the frame, I knew it was time to look for a new racquet. I demoed several and really liked the feel of the Babolat Pure Drive 107, 2012. Hits well from the base line and the net. In addition, it has great feel for those drop shots! I couldn't be happier with this choice!
From: Janice, 4/12

Comments: I have a Pure Drive 107 GT and decided to buy the new model. I really enjoy this new model. The racket came with the Babolat Addiction string @59 pounds and found that this string, for my game, is a good fit for the racket as it places the power of the racket under control. The racket felt with more control than the 107 GT. Also, I felt that I could generate more spin with the new model. At net the performance was also very good. Very maneuverable and very good control.
From: Miguel, 3/12
String type and tension: Babolat Addiction, 59lbs

Comments: Very pleased with this racquet. Forgiving racquet on off center shots as the sweet spot is huge. I initially bought two then my wife happened into my tennis bag and "borrowed" one of my Babolat 107s, well, needless to say, it was never returned. She is a 4.0 player and claims that the racquet, uh my racquet, has accelerated her game and even helped to diminish elbow pain. She's unstoppable now. If she happens into my tennis bag now, she will be surprised to see the new Babolat 107 next to my old one. Yes, I love this racquet that much I bought a third. Cheaper than a divorce, I suppose. The only criticism, is that the handle is short for a two hand backhand, but I've adjusted.
From: George, 3/12

Comments: I started demoing racquets about a month ago and this is the one I chose from ones like the Babolat Overdrive 110, Babolat XS 109, Wilson Juice 108, Head Youtek Four Star, Prince Hornet, Prince EX03 Blue. My prior racquet was the Prince SpeedPort Silver. I liked the fact that the 2012 Pure Drive 107 gave me more control and feel, but it was still easy to generate power and depth. Biggest difference thus far is "pop" and placement on serves. Feels very stable on volleys. Felt very natural on groundstrokes.
From: Greg, 3/12

Comments: I've been playing with the Wilson Pro Open for the past few years until my daughter talked me into demoing a Babolat. She's been playing the Pure Drive+ for several years, using it in high school and for 2 years of College tennis and swears by her frames. First I tried hers and really liked the feel and power, but it felt a little bit too heavy for me. Then she handed me the PD 107 (not the latest version) and Wow was I impressed with the first few strokes. Usually you know right away and I really did. I tried the new version that just came out and liked it too, but nowhere near as much as the model it's replacing. Anyway, demoed the the 1st PD 107 in an actual match a couple of days later and can't remember hitting with as much pace or depth. My buddy even took notice and commented on how different the ball was coming in at him. Bought my first one and after several more sessions with it I'm sold and ready to add a 2nd racket to my bag. Bottom line, I can't ever remember feeling such a difference in my game right away due to a racket change.

Comments: I've been using a Prince 03 Red for 2 years and I really liked it. When the new PD107 came out I demoed it to see what it was like. I've demoed 6 to 10 racquets but never liked any better than the 03 Red till now. I was so impressed I bought one, I've played 4 matches with it and it just keeps getting better and better. I am 75 years old and play 3 to 5 times a week against younger guys, so I need a little edge and the pd107 gives me that, it really is a really really good racquet - best one I've played with.
From: Nick, 2/12

Comments: All I have to say is this racquet is amazing. I played last night and switching from a Wilson KBlade Team to the 2012 Pure Drive 107, my game incredibly improved. Huge sweat spot, very good access to spin, so easy on the elbow and lots of more power than my previous racquet. Generally so far, I am very impressed and happy with my choice.
String type and tension: Head Rip Control 16G, 58lbs

Comments: Amazing! Enough said.
From: Kevin, 2/12

Oversize (106-115 Sq. Inches) Tennis Racquets
Babolat Pure Drive Racquet Sale
Up to 85% off Racquets
27.25 Inch Tennis Racquets
9.08.11 - [5] new pure drive racquets (9.16)
All Tweener Tennis Racquets